Kingdom Souls: Prepare to die edition

Currently at the last boss on Critical difficulty and my god... the boss is so fast that you can't really dodge the attacks nor block them with a chance to actually think out your next move. It's basically only luck and

some japanese dodging skills. I have also tried the secret post game boss on regular, i think it's safe to say dark souls is nothing compared to this game :|.I do realize this is because it's so unlike every other game in the series where you can't stock up on healing items and stuff like EXP Walker, Second Chance and such, but god damn don't let KH3 be anything like this :unsure:

If anyone has beaten the last boss on Critical, do you have any tips? 

EDIT. They patched the game and made the boss fight alot easier, go on about your daily life

Edited by itzzh3lixx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, itzzh3lixx said:

Currently at the last boss on Critical difficulty and my god... the boss is so fast that you can't really dodge the attacks nor block them with a chance to actually think out your next move. It's basically only luck and

some japanese dodging skills. I have also tried the secret post game boss on regular, i think it's safe to say dark souls is nothing compared to this game :|.I do realize this is because it's so unlike every other game in the series where you can't stock up on healing items and stuff like EXP Walker, Second Chance and such, but god damn don't let KH3 be anything like this :unsure:

I never beaten them on critical but I can say the best way to go for that boss is spam the hell out of lighting and when you got only abit of mp bar left use it to heal, it is bs that they made that boss as hard as the dream drop final boss but lucky with no bs clock form to rewind back to where you must them all over with a full hp while you still got your hp down, also on another note I think kh combat needs what other games have and that is to stop attacks and block as in any hack and slash you should have a button that stops the attack your doing in case the fight is too fast and you need to block fast and yeah it is the only way to make the game better if you ask me as I died a lot in kh games because am ether in a long combo and the boss is doing a fast attack that will hit hard and can't be blocked in that long combo or magic won't regain any faster.

Ps: I think it is bs that at the end of the game you can't stream the final boss or anything like that because reasons I hate it that streams get blocked off at small things like this, r&c clips/ cutscreens are blocked because the movie of the game is basically the game's cutscreens just with added a screen to make it look like a movie and or they block the whole game like with bioshock but am going off topic.

Edited by KANERKB

2 hours ago, itzzh3lixx said:

Okay, for the first phase, as soon as the battle starts, get two full combos off, and then prepare yourself for a long set of dodging and blocking. 

When he does his attack where he goes from one side of the stage to the other, just block and counter, easy going. When he burrows into the ground, I personally just took off my camera lock and started dodging everywhere.

When you see some of the shadows fade away, like purple butterflies, that's your chance to get in and do a lot of damage. Somewhere through this phase - Mickey will jump on him and you can Wayfinder, as you already know. Don't do this right away. Wait til the last second to use Wayfinder so you can maximize how much damage you can do before going into the phase where you wail on him with Mickey. Same with activating Wayfinder's Finish command to finish at the end of the next part. Do it in the last few fractions of seconds.

At this point - you want him to go into the next phase where the sky goes dark. Open with a shotlock, try to get Good and/or Excellent for all of them.

Use as many fires as you can until you have the tiniest bit of MP left so you can use a backup cure.

When he becomes a tornado which you can't hurt and speeds up, just wait til he's coming near you and block his attacks.

Try your best to avoid damage when he forces you into the air, there's no tips for this part - you have to just try your best. 

If you have any elixirs/megalixirs, this is the point to use them. Use up the remainder of your Focus Gauge and continue using shotlocks after using elixir/megalixir.

All in all, if you made it this far, you can beat him. On a contrasting side note, I'm personally loving the difficulty ramp up, and am hoping KH3 to be a lot like this. B)

EDIT: If you want some tips on the secret boss - I can give those too if you'd like.

Edited by Griffon234

Thank you griffon for the tips, i decided to go back to Castle town and grind out some levels, not sure if it helps but might aswell. 

Also for anyone doing it on Critical, turn of EXP gain for the final battle/all boss battles because this gives you an noticable str up and can just be turned on again when you want to grind levels.

5 minutes ago, itzzh3lixx said:

Thank you griffon for the tips, i decided to go back to Castle town and grind out some levels, not sure if it helps but might aswell. 

Also for anyone doing it on Critical, turn of EXP gain for the final battle/all boss battles because this gives you an noticable str up and can just be turned on again when you want to grind levels.

I did it at 60 if that matters 

15 minutes ago, Omar said:

I don't know how relevant this may be, but Patch 1.02 is out and it nerfs the damage taken by Aqua on Proud Mode and raises the damage dealt to enemies on Critical Mode. The world CRITICAL doesn't sound so menacing now xD 

Just saw it appear on my PS4, and i am so freaking happy! I have gotten so close to killing it before this patch so by science it should be real easy now. I hope :S

EDIT: Yeahh so now i've tried a few times with the update, it seems to actually be harder... they changed the bosses hitboxes or i don't know how to explain it, you can now be hit easier by the boss i guess. It seems as the tactics you used before the patch needs to be altered a bit :/ and the damage is really unnoticable at the boss sadly it can still kill you with 2 attacks and your damage is still shit. Dammit 

EDIT 2: Ignore that shit above, it was piss easy once you got used to the new hitbox, defeated it on my 5th try after update

Edited by itzzh3lixx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAveryChu said:

For anyone else that needs help, if you are going for 100% on the game, try grinding to level 80 and then taking on the boss, seeing how you will have to do it anyways.

Well grinding on critical takes ten times longer than on beginner/regular and with the patch the boss was defeated with slight trouble at 60. Besides the grinding should be left for the difficulty you do the secret boss in, which for the sake of your own heart should not be critical :P

Just now, itzzh3lixx said:

Well grinding on critical takes ten times longer than on beginner/regular and with the patch the boss was defeated with slight trouble at 60. Besides the grinding should be left for the difficulty you do the secret boss in, which for the sake of your own heart should not be critical :P

Really thats strange, in earlier KH games you got a bit of an EXP boost on critical. 

Yep, the game is tough on Critical, but it's really fun regardless of how unfair some parts are.

I actually recorded my run on Critical, on the first area we already felt the change, with smaller bars and so on, but for the final boss, try to spam shotlock, having previous elixir helps a lot too.

Yeah, saw and downloaded the patch too, so that makes me happier that qua will take a bit less damage on Proud Mode... anyone know how much of a difference of damage she'll take in regards to before and after the patch? Just asking as I'm still going through Dream Drop Distance at the moment, so have not gone back to this one yet.

33 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, saw and downloaded the patch too, so that makes me happier that qua will take a bit less damage on Proud Mode... anyone know how much of a difference of damage she'll take in regards to before and after the patch? Just asking as I'm still going through Dream Drop Distance at the moment, so have not gone back to this one yet.

Never played Proud mode, but on Critical the buff to damage is equal to beginner mode as said by some twitch speedrunners of KH0.2, maybe Proud is like that but i'd doubt it since those damage output and damage taken is so different. No real reason to play the game on proud unless you just want a challenge tho... since it still needs to be beaten on Critical :(

1 hour ago, itzzh3lixx said:

Never played Proud mode, but on Critical the buff to damage is equal to beginner mode as said by some twitch speedrunners of KH0.2, maybe Proud is like that but i'd doubt it since those damage output and damage taken is so different. No real reason to play the game on proud unless you just want a challenge tho... since it still needs to be beaten on Critical :(

Yeah, heard about that as well, but I started it on Proud Mode myself cause I didn't even know about needing to finish it on Critical Mode.  To be honest, they should have made the trophy for finishing on Proud or Critical to only on Critical.

Edit: Forgot to ask, as they patched the camera a bit too, how much quicker does it move now? As it was too slow to move around when I was playing it... at least it felt that way.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, heard about that as well, but I started it on Proud Mode myself cause I didn't even know about needing to finish it on Critical Mode.  To be honest, they should have made the trophy for finishing on Proud or Critical to only on Critical.

Edit: Forgot to ask, as they patched the camera a bit too, how much quicker does it move now? As it was too slow to move around when I was playing it... at least it felt that way.

You can edit the camera speed in the options menu IIRC, so the camera shouldn't be a problem for you anymore

Just now, itzzh3lixx said:

You can edit the camera speed in the options menu IIRC, so the camera shouldn't be a problem for you anymore

Yeah, I did speed it up when I started the game before the patch, just it still didn't seem very fast even on the higher setting.  But ah well, at least it was patched regardless :D

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Phantom Aqua is the hardest boss so far in KH. I can't do the last challenge.Though I also hope they make KH 3 like this, no one said it was going to be easy after all.

She's really not... She's predictable and all of her attacks can be defended/evaded, it just requires a bit of practice.

Learn the patterns and you should be fine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:52 PM, itzzh3lixx said:

EDIT. They patched the game and made the boss fight alot easier, go on about your daily life

LMFAO I just picked up the game and played it on proud first. Died 5 times against Phantom Aqua (LV50) but other than that I felt something so off about the difficulty! (I also finished the game around LV60)

• 4 years later...

Yeah, I'm currently running through critical mode and I already struggled on the Devil Tower boss before the final boss.

The attacks are so quick and are seemingly random, there's no way to consistently dodge/block them unless you have the reaction times of an eagle. There's no tell for when he's going to turn red and start attacking. Sometimes he'll stay yellow and you can attack him for a long time and other times he'll turn red immediately and if you got stuck in a combo when he turns red, it's easy for him to stun lock you and insta-kill you because you have almost no time to escape. It's total BS. 

I got him down to a sliver of health one time and of course, he caught me in a combo, stun locked me and killed me when he was basically one shot away from death. I did eventually get him after another 5 or so attempts. Had to take a break for now. Not looking forward to the final boss at all, it's the last thing I need to do for the 100%. I'm not even getting frustrated with it as much as I thought because I expected to die a lot. I just suck at these kinds of games, that's all there is to it at the end of the day. 

The phantom Aqua fight wasn't even that bad in comparison as she telegraphs her attacks and at least gives you some time to prepare and you know exactly when to stop attacking her and back off. All her attacks are fairly easy to dodge. I liked the phantom Aqua fight. Hard? Definitely but it was battle of technical skill and timing your blocks and slowly whittling her down. With the Tower fight (and I'd imagine the final boss too) it feels like total guesswork and hoping you get lucky eventually. 

I'm planning on grinding levels just to give me an easier time with the final boss. Currently only Lv. 54. For good KH players, that's probably plenty but for me? I feel if I go into the final boss at anything less than Lv. 70, I'm just going to get demolished. 

Edited by mega-tallica