Shaking It Up

MissShake

3 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Which ones do you own? That sounds like fun~

Stardew, Wild ARMs 3, FFX & X-2 HD Collection, Transistor, Far Cry 4 (tho this won't work out for a race since I have it 100%'d, oops), and I can't tell some off the list so I'm not sure. I've also yet to buy Berserk funnily enough but I love the series way too much. Couldn't catch up before batoto took it down for copyright reasons. Only on Vol. 6 in the manga

3 minutes ago, Ditnopota said:

Stardew, Wild ARMs 3, FFX & X-2 HD Collection, Transistor, Far Cry 4 (tho this won't work out for a race since I have it 100%'d, oops), and I can't tell some off the list so I'm not sure. I've also yet to buy Berserk funnily enough but I love the series way too much. Couldn't catch up before batoto took it down for copyright reasons. Only on Vol. 6 in the manga

When game releases decide to slow down a bit (these next few months have my wallet screaming at me, oh god) I think we should do that for sure! I'm down for WA3 or the FFX collection~ I wanna read the manga, but I also wanna wait for the series to be completely done since I put a lot of weight on endings. I'd be so upset if it had a bad ending D;

On 2/24/2017 at 11:39 AM, ShakeNBake663 said:

Yeah, it seems so impossible to get that many Plats, right??? There are only so many hours in a day D;

Thanks for the encouragement, and congrats on getting so far~ I'm only doing games that I like since doing games you dislike seems so... Counter-intuitive. Isn't the point of trophy hunting ultimately to have fun? Why would you torture yourself?

Here's a tip. Research the trophy list prior to purchasing and playing, see if the game is right for you.

I went from 7 platinums to 55 platinums in a year, the first six months of 2016 I was basically working 50 - 55 weeks overtime at a job I had. Didn't stop me from gaining platinums.

Also if you're interested in stacking platinums then by all means go for it. Sound Shapes is a good game to start, if you own all three platforms (PS3, PS4 and Vita) you can earn three platinums easily. My Name is Mayo is another good one, because it's $1 for *two* platinums, assuming you own a Vita. Despite all the bad rep it gets I found the game to be a little enjoyable.

Of course I try to balance out my games by having some difficult ones mixed in with easier ones. But my advice is to go for 'quick' platinums. If you only play games like The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V and Bloodborne, then you're probably won't get too many platinums since they are very time consuming. Most JRPGs, a few western RPGs and games that are considered extremely difficult like Super Meat Boy are going to take up a lot of time. Grand Theft Auto V is another time consuming one, if you want more platinums and faster ones I would avoid that game, despite being excellent.

Another thing to note, there are a few hardcore platinum trophy hunters. So it's not too surprising to see them have 200 - 500 platinums. The guy at #1 has over 1100 platinums, but most people know they basically trophy whore. They'll finish a game as quickly as possible to earn a platinum, even if it's a game they don't understand at all. I try to enjoy my games at least to a certain extent, then I work towards gaining that platinum.

Time management is pretty important. With a bit of effort you can get 100 'quick and easy' platinums in one year without too much trouble.

• Like 1

So I totally forgot that I'd completed all of Never Alone back in 2015, but I didn't get the check since I didn't buy the DLC. I'm counting it since I don't think DLC should really be factored in. Fight me on this if you'd like

:gold: #1 Never Alone :gold:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/eac965/trophies/15L78a14f.png

April 26th, 2015

Edited by ShakeNBake663

• 2 weeks later...

You're off to a good start. ^_^ From your platinum goals, I recommend going for Psychonauts, Grim Fandango and then Saint's Row. Those would be the three easiest ones. The Bastion platinum would challenge you respectably, I found it to be a decent challenge, so I'd recommend it.

18 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

You're off to a good start. ^_^ From your platinum goals, I recommend going for Psychonauts, Grim Fandango and then Saint's Row. Those would be the three easiest ones. The Bastion platinum would challenge you respectably, I found it to be a decent challenge, so I'd recommend it.

Thank you~ Yeah I think Grim Fandango is probably up next, then Psychonauts. I also have Broken Age and Day of the Tentacle from PS Plus so I'm thinking about just getting all the Double Fine games done one after another. Bastion is one of the games I'm a bit nervous about, but it's mixed with excitement :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Thank you~ Yeah I think Grim Fandango is probably up next, then Psychonauts. I also have Broken Age and Day of the Tentacle from PS Plus so I'm thinking about just getting all the Double Fine games done one after another. Bastion is one of the games I'm a bit nervous about, but it's mixed with excitement :)

Hey don't worry about Bastion. It's not going to be a cakewalk, you're going to die once or twice. Then get back up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. As I recall, you can't do all of the 'Who knows where' sequences, until New Game +. So just enjoy the first playthrough. Maybe complete some of the weapon challenges, along the way too. It will take you a few tries to do all the 'Who Knows Where' trophies, especially as you need to invoke all the shrines. But it is very doable. 

14 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Hey don't worry about Bastion. It's not going to be a cakewalk, you're going to die once or twice. Then get back up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. As I recall, you can't do all of the 'Who knows where' sequences, until New Game +. So just enjoy the first playthrough. Maybe complete some of the weapon challenges, along the way too. It will take you a few tries to do all the 'Who Knows Where' trophies, especially as you need to invoke all the shrines. But it is very doable. 

I already beat it once, so all that's really left is the NG+ stuff~

17 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I already beat it once, so all that's really left is the NG+ stuff~

Yeah just checked your trophy list. Bastion thankfully has a pretty small set. I know score attack might look intimidating, but your can replay levels to rack up points. And the who knows where levels, let you rack up LOADS of points. ^^ So I'm sure you'll be adding Bastion to your collection, whenever you're ready to beat it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-4-6 at 4:12 AM, ShakeNBake663 said:

Broken Age is a fantastic game and actually turned me into a fan of games by Double Fine productions. It has a very good story and the trophies are actually fun to go after. Even the speedrun trophy (complete the game in under an hour) isn't that bad. I wasn't that big of a fan of Grim Fandango. I actually thought it was an ok game. Nothing exceptional. But Day of the Tentacle is another masterpeice by Double Fine and highly recommended.

I think you will enjoy going after these platinums. Best of luck Shake ?

7 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Broken Age is a fantastic game and actually turned me into a fan of games by Double Fine productions. It has a very good story and the trophies are actually fun to go after. Even the speedrun trophy (complete the game in under an hour) isn't that bad. I wasn't that big of a fan of Grim Fandango. I actually thought it was an ok game. Nothing exceptional. But Day of the Tentacle is another masterpeice by Double Fine and highly recommended.

I think you will enjoy going after these platinums. Best of luck Shake 1f60a.png

Yes, I remember watching my sister go for the Broken Age plat and the game sure did look great :D It's probably the Double Fine game I'm looking forward to the most after Psychonauts. I hope I do enjoy going after them, what's the point if you're not having fun, right? Thank you :)

7 hours ago, mako-heart said:

I've been trying to think of what to plat next, since I'm on 10... idk >_< I never thought I'd get this far, haha.

Why don't you pick a game you really like? :)