Obligatory Corrupted Memory Card?

MooseSketts

8 hours ago, cris3f said:

I handle all the Vita's in my family (a lot) and the majority have 32 and 64 GB cards. Once you get corruption in the memory card, even if you delete the probable source for corruption it will spread over time and corrupt everything else. Don't risk, although it's your choice.

Every card I had to format, once it was done and everything installed fresh, not from backups, has no problems at all.

Also trying to make cloud saves of corrupted saves is usually impossible. Although it's not 100% reliable you should be able to cloud save non corrupted saves before reformatting. But it's also risky, so you should only cloud save anything from a corrupted card as a last resort.

Thanks. I reformatted the memory card, not the system. The only thing I put back on there were all my photos. For some reason even after formatting the card and system 1GB memory all my physical games that I installed are still there, but the save files are gone. Strange. But every digital game that threw an error has been completelg removed. I will redownload from the store digital titles if needed and download physical saves from the cloud, only if needed. I’m hopeful that will take care of it, but since there won’t be a game coming out for the vita that I want til Q1 2018 it will be a while before I really put it through its paces.

8 hours ago, cris3f said:

Once you get corruption in the memory card, even if you delete the probable source for corruption it will spread over time and corrupt everything else. Don't risk, although it's your choice.

This pretty much happened with my first Vita. My 8GB corrupted on me and soon, it ruined the system because I kept using it and I lost my Virtue's Last Reward and Spy Hunter save files in the process. I had to get a new Vita and a new memory card and since then, i had no issues. 

11 minutes ago, KhajiitWerewolf said:

Thanks. I reformatted the memory card, not the system. The only thing I put back on there were all my photos. For some reason even after formatting the card and system 1GB memory all my physical games that I installed are still there, but the save files are gone. Strange. But every digital game that threw an error has been completelg removed. I will redownload from the store digital titles if needed and download physical saves from the cloud, only if needed. I’m hopeful that will take care of it, but since there won’t be a game coming out for the vita that I want til Q1 2018 it will be a while before I really put it through its paces.

That's strange that your save files would be gone. That didn't happen with mine. At least you have your saves backed up in the cloud

On 12/3/2017 at 1:44 PM, KhajiitWerewolf said:

Even on a OLED VITA which supposedly doesn't have an internal memory, when you format the memory card all icons of physical games you have installed remain there, even thought you have to reinstall them again to work and yes, saves do disappear. A Vita "feature" probably.

Really a tragedy to hear about these stories. Never personally happened to me and this is coming from upgrading to a 32 to a 64. I have seen acquaintances how suffered similar faiths.But to be honest, Corruption just happen randomly I afraid. No technology is perfect and you just have to not let events like these get ya down too much. I know I'm one to talk about it's the truth.

• 1 month later...

I only had one memory card and that is the 8gb came included in a pack with a few lego games,    I know it one of the codes,    started to go wrong after buying rayman legends from the psn store,  I was a bit late on the scene of getting a ps vita 2013,   put it off for a few years (we did not have wifi connection to 2012)  I have only seen a few places which have memories cards (most are pre-owned)   games are getting harder to buy in shops in the UK