No Loose Ends Glitch?

TragicKingdom50

I think that, at this rate, I will never play Mafia III on a PS system. How can this possibly still be broken after all this time? Never mind that it is a poor game to begin with, I played it on PC in 2016 and it quickly cemented itself in my mind as one of the most soulless, uninspired, and broken games I had ever played. Thank God Hangar 13 never saw a penny from my copy of the game.

I went back to a save right before confronting Charlie Kincaid, i have gotten the new boss in this run. A point to note is i have return to main menu twice because of a graphic bug and a mission bug, but the trophy still pop for me. Going for no loose ends next.

42 minutes ago, sEpOmZ said:

I went back to a save right before confronting Charlie Kincaid, i have gotten the new boss in this run. A point to note is i have return to main menu twice because of a graphic bug and a mission bug, but the trophy still pop for me. Going for no loose ends next.

Can u let us know if you're able to get the trophy? would be appreciated!

7 hours ago, sEpOmZ said:

That's interesting to note, so you DID NOT complete the game in 1 whole playthrough and The New Boss worked for you?

And you're paying on the latest patch I assume?

Online or offline?

17 hours ago, MonyaMeowMeow said:

That's interesting to note, so you DID NOT complete the game in 1 whole playthrough and The New Boss worked for you?

And you're paying on the latest patch I assume?

Online or offline?

Hmm not sure what you mean by not 1 whole playthrough. I would think it is 1 playthrough but not 1 session since i quit to main menu but yes The New Boss trophy did worked in this case. And yes to the latest patch. I did it online throughout.

On 6/22/2020 at 0:39 AM, NetoStyle said:

Can u let us know if you're able to get the trophy? would be appreciated!

I will update again if i obtain No Loose Ends.

4 hours ago, sEpOmZ said:

Hmm not sure what you mean by not 1 whole playthrough. I would think it is 1 playthrough but not 1 session since i quit to main menu but yes The New Boss trophy did worked in this case. And yes to the latest patch. I did it online throughout.

I will update again if i obtain No Loose Ends.

Cheers mate, that's what I meant by 1 playthrough (not shutting down the PS4 system or putting it to rest). 1 session would have been the better term ?

Thanks for your feedback, good luck with No Loose Ends!

On 6/23/2020 at 5:33 AM, MonyaMeowMeow said:

Cheers mate, that's what I meant by 1 playthrough (not shutting down the PS4 system or putting it to rest). 1 session would have been the better term 1f602.png

Thanks for your feedback, good luck with No Loose Ends!

Good news i finally unlock No Loose Ends. I tried using the save file but after killing the last boss the trophy did not pop (in 1 session). So i restart the game from the beginning and strangely the trophy pop after i killed the 17th boss. All the best if you are still going to try to get this trophy.

28 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Huh, maybe the patch only kicks in for fresh playthroughs...

Maybe, but Hangar 13 are definitely a bunch of hacks. Good God. We're nearing the fourth anniversary of Mafia III's launch and this issue STILL persists.

I fear for anyone buying the remake of the first game on launch day.

Edited by Golem25

2 hours ago, sEpOmZ said:

Good news i finally unlock No Loose Ends. I tried using the save file but after killing the last boss the trophy did not pop (in 1 session). So i restart the game from the beginning and strangely the trophy pop after i killed the 17th boss. All the best if you are still going to try to get this trophy.

Wow this sounds very promising indeed, I am tempted to try again but... 

I am completely done with this game, I have played through it 4 times now, which is very frustrating since it's so repetitive.  First play through when the game released, I killed everyone- trophy popped. Second play through saved everyone trophy didn't pop. Years later 3rd play through again tried to save them, no trophy. I made a cloud save before the final racket boss and tried  3-4 times thinking maybe that it's just a random luck thing since people are still popping it, with no luck.  4th attempt; New update, I deleted everything including deleting and reinstalling the game AND every save file on my HDD for the game. Started completely fresh, and still no trophy for 'The New Boss'  I am at this time completely done until they come out and say they fixed it. In it's current state it's not working as intended.  I'd like to add that I have tried both physical disc versions of the game and the free PS plus update version digitally, neither worked.   If ANYONE has a guarantee on how to get these to work, please let me know.

Edited- Grammar

Edited by Obscure-Owl
  • Like 2

Alright guys just a NEW update; I got a few messages and stuff on how to do it and I tested one more thing.  I started a fresh play through with everything newly reinstalled and no save on my account. I still needed just the new boss trophy. In 1 play session without putting the system in rest mode or closing the game, I got 15 flipped racket bosses and the trophy and the plat both popped on time.  I heard others had similar luck so it seems to work this way. 

I also was told that the PS Now version of the game didn't have glitched trophies, but I haven't confirmed it  mostly since I was already trying my first option AND it worked so I had no need to try.   Good luck to everyone else on this buggy mess. 

I am done with this game! all I have left is NO LOSE ENDS. All other trophies I had no problems with at all. I've tried wire tapping and no wire tapping, I've tried streaming on PlayStation now and that didn't even work for me. I tried doing 1 play session but every time I try, I always get and error. Unless there is a trophy fix update, which I doubt or any other suggestions. I give up. ?

On 29/06/2020 at 7:00 AM, Obscure-Owl said:

Alright guys just a NEW update; I got a few messages and stuff on how to do it and I tested one more thing.  I started a fresh play through with everything newly reinstalled and no save on my account. I still needed just the new boss trophy. In 1 play session without putting the system in rest mode or closing the game, I got 15 flipped racket bosses and the trophy and the plat both popped on time.  I heard others had similar luck so it seems to work this way. 

I also was told that the PS Now version of the game didn't have glitched trophies, but I haven't confirmed it  mostly since I was already trying my first option AND it worked so I had no need to try.   Good luck to everyone else on this buggy mess. 

Hi, could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by this? For instance, what I need to do is just delete the game along with the save files? I killed all the racket bosses on my first playthrough and was planning to use my second playthrough to spare all of them and the informants and complete all the DLCs. Gonna be really pissed off if I need to restart all over again.

Thanks.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:50 AM, TheButcherXVIII said:

Hi, could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by this? For instance, what I need to do is just delete the game along with the save files? I killed all the racket bosses on my first playthrough and was planning to use my second playthrough to spare all of them and the informants and complete all the DLCs. Gonna be really pissed off if I need to restart all over again.

Thanks.

I don't know exactly what would work, I can only confirm what I did and it popped first try;

I deleted the game and the saved file and started fresh.  I then sat and did the entire requirement in 1 sitting without turning off my system, didn't close the app, and didn't put it on standby.

Took about 9 hours, but I did take a small little break just left my game paused.

9 hours ago, Obscure-Owl said:

I don't know exactly what would work, I can only confirm what I did and it popped first try;

I deleted the game and the saved file and started fresh.  I then sat and did the entire requirement in 1 sitting without turning off my system, didn't close the app, and didn't put it on standby.

Took about 9 hours, but I did take a small little break just left my game paused.

It seems, that the only way to pop the trophies is by doing it in one session, just as described.

I also startet fresh (deleted the game and save files) but played the game in several sittings (closing the game, shutting the console down, getting a blue screen) and the trophy didn't pop.

Very frustrating

13 hours ago, Obscure-Owl said:

Ah I understand now, got confused about what you meant by 'session'. Couldn't you play for a bit then leave it paused while you sleep and continue off from there the next day? I'll speedrun it through to get the No Loose Ends and The New Boss trophy.

2 hours ago, TheButcherXVIII said:

Ah I understand now, got confused about what you meant by 'session'. Couldn't you play for a bit then leave it paused while you sleep and continue off from there the next day? I'll speedrun it through to get the No Loose Ends and The New Boss trophy.

I assume you could pause it for that long, I left it paused at one point for 20 or so minutes to eat during my run. 

The only fear you would have with leaving it paused, would be if it crashed and blue screened.  Mafia 3 is known to do that, I was worried it would crash my whole time playing the last time. lol 

Good luck!

6 hours ago, B4ttl3Nut_ said:

It seems, that the only way to pop the trophies is by doing it in one session, just as described.

I also startet fresh (deleted the game and save files) but played the game in several sittings (closing the game, shutting the console down, getting a blue screen) and the trophy didn't pop.

Very frustrating

Yeah, it used to not be like that, when the game first came out the trophies popped for me and I played it casually. After beating it 1 time, I left it for well over a year and came back to a glitched mess.  At least something works and it's not completely bugged and locked out. 

Good luck if you attempt it.

9 minutes ago, Obscure-Owl said:

I assume you could pause it for that long, I left it paused at one point for 20 or so minutes to eat during my run. 

The only fear you would have with leaving it paused, would be if it crashed and blue screened.  Mafia 3 is known to do that, I was worried it would crash my whole time playing the last time. lol 

Good luck!

Yeah, it used to not be like that, when the game first came out the trophies popped for me and I played it casually. After beating it 1 time, I left it for well over a year and came back to a glitched mess.  At least something works and it's not completely bugged and locked out. 

Good luck if you attempt it.

Thanks for the response. I just deleted all the Mafia 3 saves and the actual application too. I have a backup of it, so no worries. I really hope it works though.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, Obscure-Owl said:

DId you skip cutscenses? Did you just go after the racket bosses and not underbosses if had to? meaning the last 3 territories can do the racket bosses without going after the underboss for that territory and move on to the next.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:05 PM, Klz7wNacide said:

DId you skip cutscenses? Did you just go after the racket bosses and not underbosses if had to? meaning the last 3 territories can do the racket bosses without going after the underboss for that territory and move on to the next.

I skipped cutscenes and I just did the stuff the trophy I was going after required. I didn't do any stuff I didn't have to, I wanted to rush through it. lol

Fuck this game. Had I known this was never patched I wouldn't even start the game. I saw the warning in trophy guide but those aren't accurate for later versions of the game 9 out of 10 times and the guides aren't updated once the glitches are patched.

Like 10 patches in, "definitive" edition released and those lazy idiots still haven't bothered to patch it.