No Australian release of Berserk Musou?

No digital release, and if I order it from the UK it'd probably be stopped at customs. (Considering the content of the game, those who have read it, will know.)
What the hell?
Gonna have to risk ordering it anyway.

Edited by Auradyme

When I was trying to find out if it was going to be rated M (I don't think so) I came across this. I know a lot of people can't stand when they remove things from games during the localization process. It looks like they are actually making it more violent for the Western release.

It’s no secret by now that games get censored in different parts of the world for various reasons, in some games, things get added, while in others, stuff are taken out. For KOEI Tecmo’s Berserk, the western release will actually see stuff in-game that wasn’t in the Japanese version.

In an interview with PlayStation LifeStyle that’s set to hit the site soon, Prodoucer Hisashi Koinuma confirmed that KOEI Tecmo plans to “unlock” a few things that were censored in the Japanese version of Berserk.

PSLS: Berserk is known for its extreme combination of violence and sexual content. Will we see changes to the North American version of the game from the Japanese version? If so, what will change?

Hisashi : In the case of violent content, we plan to unlock some things in the Western version that we have held back on to meet restrictions in Japan.  As for the other elements, standards for ratings and regulations differ depending on the region so we are researching and proceeding carefully to not cross any boundaries while staying true to the source material.

In the same interview, Koinuma also revealed that a “character no one would expect” would be playable in Berserk. Stay tuned for our full interview with Hisashi Koinuma where we talk about all things Berserk.

Source

Edited by skateak

1 hour ago, Auradyme said:

No digital release, and if I order it from the UK it'd probably be stopped at customs. (Considering the content of the game, those who have read it, will know.)
What the hell?
Gonna have to risk ordering it anyway.

Couldn't you get it digitally from the US or something?

• Like 1

It won't be stopped at customs as the game is not banned and even then the chances of that happening are extremely slim. Anyway the blu ray complete series as well as the movie trilogy are available at your local JB Hi-Fi for anyone of any age to view so why would it be an issue? Just keep in mind importing from the UK can take 2-4 weeks.

There was this PS4 game - I actually forgot its name already again - that has no release in west and costs like 80€, without import fees. (And I paid last time 30€ import for a Vita game... meh) Which is pretty much... But yesterday I scrolled through the HongKong PSN store (Don't ask me why, I have no idea...) and this game was in sale, for 40€. HongKong store also has multiple version of the same game, because English, Chinese/Korean and Japanese are seperated releases. ...I found that very interesting and guess I'm going to look more often into the HongKong store in future. I mean, it's in English anyway...

:) 

You should consider this as an option too, I guess?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/home/games

Edited by Neputyunu

They'll actually search your mail and take anything they don't like? They're that serious about censoring violence in Australia?

Still, interesting to find out that they're adding more violence for release outside of Japan. After watching the newest anime, I wasn't impressed with the censorship. The "mysterious" black blobs that would appear over graphic images (like when the goatman's face is blown up).

On 28/01/2017 at 2:06 AM, Caesar Clown said:

They'll actually search your mail and take anything they don't like? They're that serious about censoring violence in Australia?

No. It wasn't until 2010 I believe when they introduced the R18+ (or legal age rating if you will) to the Australian video game market. It's a rating that existed for film and television before then. Because we didn't have it then, some games were given the flick, most famously with Mortal Kombat 9. I think God of War Ascension was the first R18+ game, followed by MK9 Komplete Edition. I'm probably wrong. You got to remember that this was coming straight out of the 'Blame CoD and GTA for violence in our children, not parents or schools' era when there were news reports every month about it.

Having said that, it makes no sense to ban this for violence when the adequate rating exists now. Granted, the Australian Rating Board is a bit of a bogan when it comes to doing their job. Leak this, leak that, don't release UMvC3 for PS4 when it's the same game as PS3 and Vita because 'we need to assess already existing and approved content'.

On 1/27/2017 at 4:06 PM, Caesar Clown said:

Still, interesting to find out that they're adding more violence for release outside of Japan.

It's normal. Just like Japan is more open to portraying waifus, west is more open to portraying violence which isn't that accepted in Japan.

Why do I feel that Japan chose the right option? xD

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's normal. Just like Japan is more open to portraying waifus, west is more open to portraying violence which isn't that accepted in Japan.

Why do I feel that Japan chose the right option? xD

Maybe Because an Ecchi game Like Bullet Girls is fine just Showing some panties while here is something OH GOd Noo There are children!! But the Visiting the wonderful Bit.. Emm Beaches in GTA is Toootally fine, or even killing tons of people in cod of course -_-

Well I am not sure what part of the County these comments are from but I have imported many games some being eroge VN's and not one has been stopped. I have had a couple of parcels be forced open but still to this date not one has been stopped. I import half my games some are banned some just never make it over here so import is the only way

Edited by fisty123

22 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Where in your mind did you deduce that this was banned over here and why on earth would you do a clickbait title advertising the fact? Fuck sake I am sick of seeing this on the site. 

I assume they went with no digital preorder = no digital release,  even though as far as I can tell there's no preorder for it on any store region currently.  

Also it's been rated by the AU Classification board since the 16th from what I can tell looking at the website (before the thread was posted)  soooooooooo