How do you tell which region is which trophy list?

2 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

First off, I have no idea where to post this question, I thought about general discussion but it didn't sound right to me. If I'm posting this in the wrong spot please move it to the right one.

How do you tell which trophy list is for which region? I ask because sometimes I'll see 2 or 3, sometimes 4 different lists for the same set of trophies but I've been told that's because they belong to different regions (ie North America, Europe, Asia, etc... ) but I can't tell once I click on the list which region it's for.

If you click the link to the right-hand trophy card in the spoiler in my signature, you can find them there. There's a team there that labels the regions.

Edited by kuuhaku

I have trouble distinguishing certain region's versions of games as well. Adding an indication of region next to game's name would really help!

I've noticed having regional versions of games makes it difficult to navigate to trophy guides via your profile for instance. One example is Persona 4 Golden (EU) which doesn't have a guide but the North American version does, so I need to take extra steps to find a guide. I understand regional versions sometimes have differences and thus the guides may require to be different as well and need to have a relation to a certain regional version.

@Sly Ripper Maybe add a "related guides" block to the game page where you could find guides of the same game's releases across all regions? Or a "related games" block where you can navigate to regional versions and see if they have guides? If it's not a performance issue for the site, I'd love such feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

I have trouble distinguishing certain region's versions of games as well. Adding an indication of region next to game's name would really help!

I've noticed having regional versions of games makes it difficult to navigate to trophy guides via your profile for instance. One example is Persona 4 Golden (EU) which doesn't have a guide but the North American version does, so I need to take extra steps to find a guide. I understand regional versions sometimes have differences and thus the guides may require to be different as well and need to have a relation to a certain regional version.

@Sly Ripper Maybe add a "related guides" block to the game page where you could find guides of the same game's releases across all regions? Or a "related games" block where you can navigate to regional versions and see if they have guides? If it's not a performance issue for the site, I'd love such feature.

You could always save a step and save the guides to your favorites. That's what I'm doing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

You could always save a step and save the guides to your favorites. That's what I'm doing.

I have, but it's still an extra step when I'm on "my" game page where I'm checking my trophies. Maybe I'm just lazy and spoiled. :blush:

Also someone may not realize there are trophy guides available if he/she clicks on "Guides" on the game page and gets a page saying "No one's written a guide for this game yet, would you like to?" (https://psnprofiles.com/guides/1851-persona-4-golden).

Yeah guide linking is definitely on the internal list we have of things we want for guides.

Region tagging is also something on the to-do list. I proposed a way to do it to Sly a few months back and he said he liked it, but he'll have to create it.

For both of these things we want it done right, not just do it with band aids and glue so it requires a bit more work than normal. For example I could put (JP) in the name of a game but that would look really crappy in a whole bunch of areas of the site, so we wanna do it the right way. Either way, they will be a thing at some point! ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah guide linking is definitely on the internal list we have of things we want for guides.

Region tagging is also something on the to-do list. I proposed a way to do it to Sly a few months back and he said he liked it, but he'll have to create it.

For both of these things we want it done right, not just do it with band aids and glue so it requires a bit more work than normal. For example I could put (JP) in the name of a game but that would look really crappy in a whole bunch of areas of the site, so we wanna do it the right way. Either way, they will be a thing at some point! ;) 

That's your mistake right there, don't use band aids and glue. Duct tape is much longer, stronger, and comes in various colours :awesome: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BlindMango said:

That's really great to hear you're planning these kind of additions! I hope Sony's servers have region metadata available for the titles and it won't be all manual work for you to tag the games.

On 27.1.2017 at 6:55 PM, Eyjabria said:

Seconding this, as an European player I see many of my games doesn't have a guide when I click the guide tag from my own trophies- but it has a guide for the NA trophy list.

• 1 month later...
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I would adjust Dragon's answer. Rather than recent players, it's more safe to check the first page of leaderboard. 

First page leaderboard players are usually day one/day minus xxx players and they have their store version.

Unless it's some ultra hard UR, that could be a bit complicated =D

Thanks for this. I was just looking up Demon's Souls. It has three separate trophy lists, so I clicked on 100% club and it had some duplicate PSN names on there, however, clicking on Leaderboard made it a bit more transparent as to which region each trophy list related to. Not perfect but it has helped.

Edited by FawltyPowers
Duplicate post
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Thanks for this. I was just looking up Demon's Souls. It has three separate trophy lists, so I clicked on 100% club and it had some duplicate PSN names on there, however, clicking on Leaderboard made it a bit more transparent as to which region each trophy list related to. Not perfect but it has helped.

Glad it worked for you.

This is still one thing that should be implemented, lol =D