How to acquire veterans ?

TNekke

I don't have hero characters but I do have the trophies. So I doubt hero status will affect anything. You get a veteran unit when an individual soldier survives long enough in a single pvp attack. I got four in my first match since the new dlc. I was surprised that trophy popped without having a clue as to what I was supposed to do. The other one is a bit more tricky. What I did is using the same 5 character types over and over in matches. Whenever I had two veteran units of the same class, I'd use one and save one. Until I had 5 different veteran characters, which I then used in a match all at once, which gave me the trophy.

A semi tip: play 1-2 white skull matches against small bases (below 1500). Your starting soldiers have a higher chance to survive, and thus a higher chance to become veteran.

All in all, this should take about 2-6 attacks if you don't overuse your veteran units, and mainly only use doubles.

• Like 2

Interesting. You're probably right, I didn't pay that much attention to be honest. With large bases, my units just didn't survive, with smaller bases I got veterans. The 1500 was more a guess, I was wavering between1500 and 1750 and I somehow decided on 1500. Your interval of 1500-2000 is probably more accurate.

7 hours ago, saintdave- said:

Do you have to be a certain level to have vets?

No idea, though I doubt it. I was at level 26 from the previous dlc.

It matters more that a single unit survives a match, and probably kills some other units or buildings.

During a pvp attack, check your units to see if any get a bronze diamond above their head. That means they've become veteran. They need to survive till the end of the battle though for you to able to collect them.

I had 6 veterans but i lost all of them during attacks of other players !! ( Grumble )

Does anyone know how long they must survive? I did some attacks on smaller bases where i lost maybe 1 or 2 soldiers but got no veterans, probably the match didn't took long enough..

If i go to larger bases the first ones don't survive..

Going to be a pain to get 5 different veterans, mainly because they can die when other people attack you..

I see great difficulties after this last update ... play almost every week night 1-2 hours and nonestly I'm disappointed.
I'm with protection around 2900, but often lose the battles of attack from another.
Build and work somewhere with a strategy type ''funnel''.
Moreover, I can not keep and retain veterans who would otherwise barely manage to earn. I had 3 different, I lost them almost immediately.
Battles are already 5min and often lose because of elapsed time. Why the hell are so short now?
Opponents of 1 or 2 skull difficulty, hardly, really hardly manage to win in some situations. In general I do not see how I can take these trophies. Before this update, things happen with ease. I had many victories, enough time and everything went well ...
Now, straight grinding with each battle... :rolleyes: :facepalm:

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

I am at level 15 and have never acquired a veteran. I have tried hiring riot or rocketeers troops and they stay alive till the end of the mission, but never change to veteran. Doesn't seem to be any info on how this mechanic works

Each class has different requirements to become veteran. mostly its having x amount of kills of doing damage to buildings. staying alive a full match isn't enough.

But yeah there is no guide that tells what to do exactly .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to attack 2 white skull opponents for full veteran XP, not 1 whites.

Announcement: Update to Veteran XP ranking system!

We know that you’ve all been working towards getting those Veteran ranks for your Units and we’ve made a slight change to the ranking system.

Previously, Units earned Veteran XP at the same level regardless of the base difficulty.

Going forward, 0 Skull bases with not reward any Veteran XP and 1 White Skull bases will reward Veteran XP at a 50% rate.

Two White Skull and up ranked bases will reward Veteran XP at the full amount.

This newly implemented Veteran XP ranking system will be the standard for how Veteran XP is now accumulated during normal circumstances.

So if you want to get those Units to Veteran status you’re going to have to put in a little more effort to reach your goal!

Tip: If you are under lvl 30, you can rent Riot unit, also you can use damage perks and damage attack card for more veteran XP per bullet.