Is Gungeon getting DLC trophies

bruin-rocks

I just beat the Robot's Past and I have to say that was my favorite boss battle in Gungeon. It wasn't really that hard or anything, just really cool boss. Don't wanna spoil anything, but if you like good ol' action movies you probably like this boss.

Next step, Daisuke's Challenge. Bring it!

On 2/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, Juzota said:

Finally I was able to beat the Bullet's past! Only took 3 days... and now I have to kill Robots' past which is going to be even harder ;___; I also tried Daisuke's challenges for few times and it's also pretty damn challenging. I couldn't get past third floor. Oh well, I'm gonna do the Robot stuff first and then stress out the Daisuke's challenge.

I forgot how difficult this game was, but that's just good thing. Gungeon never feels unfair, it's always my own fault if I die.

The robot isn't that hard actually IMO.  He starts with a decent weapon, i used that until the 4th floor, kept all my decent weapons for the forge.  Spend all your money on shields where you can (master rounds give you another shield too) - helps that i got the armor giving me a shield every floor too.

you are right though - it never feels cheap, if you die its because you made a mistake (or a few)

10 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

The robot isn't that hard actually IMO.

Yeah, I actually got the trophy on my first try after beating the Bullet's Past. Daisuke's Trial seems still pretty hard. I fucking hate those hammers (Dead Blow). For some reason it's really hard for me to avoid them. Also Pot Shots gets me almost every time. Oh well, I just need to git gud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juzota said:

Yeah, I actually got the trophy on my first try after beating the Bullet's Past. Daisuke's Trial seems still pretty hard. I fucking hate those hammers (Dead Blow). For some reason it's really hard for me to avoid them. Also Pot Shots gets me almost every time. Oh well, I just need to git gud.

nice one!  I loved the boss on the robots past :-)

Yep that challenge is going to be hard. i HATE those hammers too!

I want to 100% the ammonomicon (or whatever its called) too so plenty of runs for me to try

Edited by chickenbaltipie
  • Like 1

Robot is pretty alright to use. Managed to complete his past on my second ever run as him after dying in the Forge on my first attempt. Sure, he's got the health problem, but his starting gun is really damn good and if you happen to pick up, say, a Glacier or something else that leaves water around, it's even better due to his passive. If you happen to pick up something like Nanomachines, Armour Synthesiser or any of the Gunknight parts, you'll be in a good place. Honestly his starting gun is good enough to get you through to the Hollow or Forge easily, so save ammo for your better guns for anything but the toughest rooms. If you're having trouble feel free to buy armour at the shops too. The coolant active restores every couple of rooms or so as well, so it's usually safe to use it whenever you see any sign of trouble that isn't flying.

For me the Bullet's past was the hardest of the lot, it's the only one that took me two attempts to beat. Having to get in and melee the final guy feels kinda like Dark Souls actually (if you excuse the cliche example), waiting for opportunities to pop in and do a little damage and then get the hell out again. I rushed it on my first attempt and got killed by a pit.

Still haven't tried challenge mode though, I have other things to unlock first so don't want to use up my credits getting wrecked. Gun Game only took me three attempts but I have a feeling Challenge Mode is considerably harder.

2 hours ago, Seasonreaper said:

but I have a feeling Challenge Mode is considerably harder.

Yes it is. I've had few good runs where I was able to get in Forge but then there is one room with hammers which ruins the whole run... Especially on one run where I had Wax Wings and couple of powerful weapons I was sure that I'm gonna beat it, but nope. It's hammer time, get rekt kid. Okay then, I just die.

Now I'm out of credits, so I need to grind some normal runs. Good thing is that I like the game, but I wouldn't mind if the challenge mode was bit cheaper. 6 credits is quite much when you have 0.

On 18.2.2017 at 2:10 PM, Juzota said:

Today was the first time I got to the Dragun fight on Daisuke's Trial but had only 1 and a half hearts, very little ammo and zero blanks, so I died pretty fast. This game is brutal, but I'm gonna beat it one day. I have to.

I did it! I fucking did it! Played about 8 runs today without luck, but then I decided to try with The Bullet and somehow was able to beat this impossible challenge. I mostly used the Blasphemy for the whole run, only at The Forge I had to use some other guns because couldn't keep at full health. At the Dragun Fight I used Black Hole Gun which made it really damn easy, I didn't get hit single time. 

This DLC was really brutal but it was also really really good. Great game and great challenge.

• 1 year later...