The Game You Have Spend The Most Hours Playing

Porchema

• 3 weeks later...

This is a difficult question to answer because in this modern day, I don't put insane amounts of time into any one game...there's too many games out there to play these days to stick to just one, so when people, even on trophy sites, say they racked up thousands of hours into a game...it absolutely blows my mind that you're even capable of doing that, no matter how good a game is, it could never keep my attention for that long. 

So with that being said, Borderlands 2 is the game I've put the most time into since trophies have been a thing, it's close to 600 hours, it's one of the only games I've played long after I got the Platinum. But even then I haven't played it since before BL3 came out...so something more recent would be a little over 300 hours in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. It took 201 Hours to Plat it, and the rest of the time has been playing DLC and at one point, logging in daily to try and get Helix Store items for free. 

We'd have to go back to the pre-trophy days to find anything truly significant. Back when I played the same games over and over and over again because...that's all I had. I'm sure there's thousands of hours racked up in games like Sonic the Hedgehog or Mario or Mortal Kombat II, or even some of the classic wrestling games like Smackdown 2, Here Comes the Pain or No Mercy, 

According to Exophase, it's The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, at 767.63 hours. However, Naughty Dog used to run a stats page for Uncharted 2 multiplayer accounts, which showed I had sunk over 2500 hours into it by the time I quit playing, so that's surely the winner.

Shame there hasn't been a multiplayer mode to hook me that badly since, and I doubt there ever will be. I sometimes wonder how my friends from those days are doing now; we used to party up and really dominate public games. Well, most of the time, anyway—there's always someone more skilled than you! Good times, at least when my godawful rural connection wasn't getting me ejected from matches.

• Like 1

My most played games are:

- Final Fantasy 14: ~2000 hours
- Elder Scrolls Online: ~1800 hours
- Minecraft: ~1500 hours
- Let it Die: ~1100 hours
- ARK: ~800 hours
- Monster Hunter Freedom, Freedom Unite, Generations Ultimate, World+Iceborne: all around ~1000 hours each

... and there are probably a lot more games I'm not thinking of right now with huge amounts of time spent. Skyrim and Dark Souls are around 1000 hours as well for sure.
But what can I do, I love these games, and at least they are worth the money :D

If it's a series, probably the NHL games.  Been playing them pretty religiously for probably the last decade or so.

For a single game, probably Final Fantasy XIV.  Just finishing the story up through Endwalker is probably 500+ hours, then probably another 500-1000 just running content and hanging out in-game.