Trophy thoughts

Conker

2 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Assuming the floor thing is like a battle tower.

Tower mode sounds like a survival battle thing, no continues. May be pretty hard to make it all the way through.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/double-dragon-4-website-reveals-new-details/1100-6447145/

It may be a bit of a grind but still going for it when it comes out. For $10 or so why not.

On 28-1-2017 at 10:19 AM, FinalFan said:

Looks very repetitive to clear the game with every char.

Tower seems to be the challenge here (?). Oh, and 2 trophy lists, one for Japan, one for westerners?

One for EU and one for US so far.

Clearing 100 floors in a row will be a very rare Trophy. I don't expect it to be cumulative. 

5 hours ago, BigDaddy_CHAMP said:

I hope there's a save feature every 10 floors or something because I know it'll get harder the higher up u go. 

If you've ever played Darksiders 2s battle arena, or whatever it was called, it had to be done in one run.

Maybe you'll get a health recharge after every floor? 

This one is certainly not going to be an easy platinum to get. I can't even finish story mode as it is, and thus tower mode remains locked. I've managed to get to mission 11 and I'm not sure how many more are after that. I can't imagine going through that with every character, unless their is an unlockable option for more lives and/or credits (continues).

Story is infuriating at times, especially given how unbalanced the damage is. Some enemies will cause minimal damage, while others can take half your energy before you know what hit you. There is also an infinite loop in mission 9 if you take the doors in the wrong order. I also hit one in level 11, not sure why since it was pretty much a left to right straight forward room.

Sadly trying to jump to the final stage with one of the unlockable characters and beating it won't trigger the trophy. Trying to beat all the stages instead over the course of multiple continues like I did with the main game but if it requires a no continue clear for every single character then I doubt many will be able to do so.

EDIT: I just cleared all stages with Burnov in pieces (with stages 1-9 before continue, then stages 9-12 before continue before finally stage 12 like I did to unlock tower) and the trophy didn't pop. Either it's bugged or you have to do the near impossible task of clearing all 12 stages with only 15 lives. Not looking good for a potential platinum.

Edited by TheDreaminHawk
Testing

On 1/30/2017 at 7:44 PM, TheDreaminHawk said:

Sadly trying to jump to the final stage with one of the unlockable characters and beating it won't trigger the trophy. Trying to beat all the stages instead over the course of multiple continues like I did with the main game but if it requires a no continue clear for every single character then I doubt many will be able to do so.

EDIT: I just cleared all stages with Burnov in pieces (with stages 1-9 before continue, then stages 9-12 before continue before finally stage 12 like I did to unlock tower) and the trophy didn't pop. Either it's bugged or you have to do the near impossible task of clearing all 12 stages with only 15 lives. Not looking good for a potential platinum.

Weird.  On my first playthrough with Billy/Jimmy I didn't do all 12 missions straight through and still managed to get the trophy.  On a straight-through run, I keep running out of lives around mission 9-10.  Ugh...

I'm at work now and can't really go into details. There are some YouTube videos mostly for the tower that show how this may work. It appears in stages where you can move up and down, if you go all the way down the enemies don't go down with you. They should remain just above you and since you're not on the same height as them they shouldn't be able to hit you.

I just played through the game today and with Jimmy/Billy it took me 3 tries using mission select. After that I ran to the tower and unlocked several characters for the main story. So I went back and burned through it with Abobo and never hit a continue and unlocked his trophy. From there I went and played through with Williams but since he's not as tough as Abobo it took me 3 continues to complete the story with him and the trophy never unlocked. So I'm guessing this is either a glitch or you need play through without any continues... Any tips on this?

Me and a friend both used the OP psychic guy (Ashida) to beat the game and his trophy did indeed unlock once we beat the game. We had to do it all in one sitting usng the seven credits provided and while we lost three of them we never went back to the title screen. Afterwards, I waited for a short bit before the trophy popped on the title screen.

So to get the character trophies you must:

-Unlock the character

-Start from Stage one

-Continue using the provided credits if needed

-Do NOT use the stage select on the title screen as it voids the trophy

-Beat the game in one sitting with the character you chose.

• Like 1