Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' - the easiest way

VirtualNight

As you know, there is a 5 hours trick however you are supposed to wait that much for each weapon. Actually, there is another way which involves that waiting time only once.

During my first run I have never found a single orange weapon although I had bought the skill to unlock all the type of boxes as soon as I could, so during my new game+ I went for a glitch to find all the weapons that I needed.

Here is a video about what you are going to do, with further explanation

Follow the provided vid, it is possible to replicate the glitch with another checkpoint but you will have to travel back after each death.

So, here is what you must do:

1. find a deo-bomb blueprint (search on internet for its location), then make 5 (better more just to be safe, maybe 25 so that you can get the 25 crafted items trophy as well)
  2. go in the place shown in the vid, stay on the boat for at least 5 hours (real time) without playing (DON'T put the game in pause) and be sure to set your lobby to Offline; put in charge your pad to be safe, you can let pass much more time so you can also do this before going to sleep
  3. now, once the 5 hours are passed, go to one of the chests and open it (DON'T open more chests), get the orange weapon, then drop it down by holding :triangle:
  4. equip the deo-bomb grenade, use it to kill yourself, if you are sure that it killed you then press :start: and load from the last checkpoint
  5. open another chest (the previous one will stay opened without nothing inside) & you will get a new orange weapon, repeat from the step 3 (except for waiting 5 hours, as long as you keep finding orange weapons the glitch is still working), remember that you must die after every weapon that you get, don't kill zombies as I think that if they drop a weapon then the glitch won't work
  6. after that you open all the 3 chests, fast travel to bunker 2 in the resort, here you can find 3 more chests (one close to you, the others 2 upwards which you access to through a ladder) with orange weapons, just don't forget to die after getting one weapon

I think that this glitch has been fixed somehow, but not in a way that hurts a trophy hunter, because while doing this I noticed that the weapons that I had dropped would disappear.

After the trophy you may want to keep abusing of the glitch if you really want a strong weapon or something really valuable so that you can upgrade it and the use the duplication glitch to get lots of money for the xp farm with the powerpyx method.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

yep this glitch has been around for along time, however it is hard to find a place that will give good loot like in riptide you could try and get the handgun chest to give you a legnendary one and yeah that took too long to get the one you want, also this still works on the remaster of it along with the dup glitch with the chainsaw and all that

41 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

During my first run I've never found a single orange weapon although I've bought the skill to unlock all the type of boxes as soon as I could,

Reveal hidden contents

That is pretty crazy. I just beat the game as the sword girl and got around 6-7 orange weapons. Some of them Legendary. I didn't have to farm at all to get them or the trophy.

Edited by skateak

25 minutes ago, skateak said:

That is pretty crazy. I just beat the game as the sword girl and got around 6-7 orange weapons. Some of them Legendary. I didn't have to farm at all to get them or the trophy.

Not everyone is so lucky, like I never got a decent player from FIFA16 Ultimate team rewards, I never got a single orange weapon legitly although I kept opening the chests scattered around -_-, these kind of trophies based only on luck shouldn't exist

Edited by VirtualNight

13 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I just loaded that one checkpoint in the bunker or whatever over and over again until I got it. Certainly took less than 2h total (yeah, I know your method is afk).

If you have Bloodbath DLC you can get it while just playing the game :F I don't remember correctly but after getting to a certain wave enemies are dropping orange weapons.

15 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If you have Bloodbath DLC you can get it while just playing the game :F I don't remember correctly but after getting to a certain wave enemies are dropping orange weapons.

No DLC here but that's a good way, if it counts. Thought it must be from a chest or something? Drops from enemies counts as loot too?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

can somebody tell me if this glitch got fixed? i am at 3 orange weapons now (got one during playing and farmed 2 more within an hour after beeing done with all other trophies.) and now i opened chests for 8h and didnt get anything. in that time i got about 3 purple 3 blue and like 5 green which seems like a incredible low rate to me.

• 4 months later...

Damn if my english was bad back then ?, I adjusted the original post a bit.

Anyway I recently went back on the game to finish it, I tried the glitch however I could not make it last longer than 2-3 weapons, after that point the next loot was always some random white weapon. This time however I didn't have the required checkpoint so that may be the reason.

It may be worth to try the glitch with the unpatched version of the game, although this means starting from scratch.

24 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

It may be worth to try the glitch with the unpatched version of the game, although this means starting from scratch.

If you can’t get the chest glitch to work, I think the next best option would be to get some modded weapons dropped for you, then just quickly grind out the Arena to wave 30 and keep playing beyond that until you get enough legendary drops. The modded weapons make it boring as hell due to one-shotting everything, but it’s a sure fire way to painlessly grind out any missing legendary weapons.

If they were to go the new game route, I’d just recommend getting that lock pick skill to lvl 3 ASAP and thoroughly explore each area, as it will drastically increase your chances of finding a few legendaries in chests before you finish the game.

It’s nice of you to update this post though! I had a lot of luck with this trophy but I know many people who did not and had to do a lot of post game grinding. Having these methods at their disposal helps a ton.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The 5 hour thing is not necessary from my experience.

I did a few loops around the boat area and the resort bunker chests like the guide says and finally found a legendary weapon after about 10 loops of doing this. 

I then went ahead and did some story missions just to break up the redundancy and came back to looting those chests again after less than an hour just to see and immediately found another legendary weapon in the same chest I found the previous one so I found 2 legendary weapons in less than an hour. 

I've since done some more loops around those chests and done some other missions and have yet to get another legendary weapon so I think it's just random more than anything else. Waiting 5 hours may be a surefire way but you don't necessarily have to wait 5 hours, you may get lucky and get another one to spawn far before then as I did. 

1 minute ago, mega-tallica said:

The 5 hour thing is not necessary from my experience.

I did a few loops around the boat area and the resort bunker chests like the guide says and finally found a legendary weapon after about 10 loops of doing this. 

I then went ahead and did some story missions just to break up the redundancy and came back to looting those chests again after less than an hour just to see and immediately found another legendary weapon in the same chest I found the previous one so I found 2 legendary weapons in less than an hour. 

I've since done some more loops around those chests and done some other missions and have yet to get another legendary weapon so I think it's just random more than anything else. Waiting 5 hours may be a surefire way but you don't necessarily have to wait 5 hours, you may get lucky and get another one to spawn far before then as I did. 

Even faster is the arenas if your good at the murder and nayhem

2 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Even faster is the arenas if your good at the murder and nayhem

I'm not going for 100% on this game so wasn't planning on buying the DLC for it. 

I still need to do a NG+ run for collectibles and leveling up to Lv. 50 so I'm not too worried about having trouble finding the remaining 2 legendary weapons I need for this trophy. 

47 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I'm not going for 100% on this game so wasn't planning on buying the DLC for it. 

I still need to do a NG+ run for collectibles and leveling up to Lv. 50 so I'm not too worried about having trouble finding the remaining 2 legendary weapons I need for this trophy. 

I always thought the arena was free my bad lol

• 2 months later...