Recommended level and gear for Costlemark Tower where the Royal Arm is?

Alantor32

Hey, I attempted to do Costlemark Tower Dungeon and the enemies there were overwhelming. The Piggyback Guide wasn't kidding about that dungeon being the hardest in the game. So anyone got any tips for attempting the dungeon like recommended level and gear to help me? Any help will be great since I am aiming to get all 13 Royal Arms.

I did it with Noctis at level 62 during chapter 8. I had the Ultima Blade as my main weapon and I had the Ribbon and Safety Bit as accessories. For the additional 3 weapons, I had Blizzara spells, the Hero Shield, and the Scepter of the Pious. If you're doing this endgame, you could probably replace the Scepter of the Pious with the Sword of the Father for the 100 attack boost instead of the 150 magic boost. I used this as a basic guide for the puzzle at the end. The directions may be different because it's random every time, but it's a basic outline.

As for strategy, it's the same as the rest of the game; don't revive your allies and continuously guard while running away when you need to recover MP. If the Red Giants use their gravity attack then use your warp to escape it and escape the damage. If you're in battle long enough and you haven't parried their attacks to kill them, Ramuh will let you summon him to instakill them.

Costlemark tower is VERY glitchy, though. If you warp strike while in the maze, it will break your camera to the point that you can't move it. This can make you forfeit your progress and need to reload your last save. The only ways that I had success fixing the camera were using link strikes, -ga level spells, or an item on an ally. None of them were guaranteed to work, though and I eventually needed to reload my save. Sometimes the enemies can also get stuck in a wall and you will only be able to hit them with a -ga level spell. If you don't have any then you'll need to reload your save.

Edited by kuuhaku

• 4 weeks later...

I breezed through it at level 63 using Durandal, Sword of the Father & Iron Duke. The puzzle towards the end was a little confusing and I fell into the 'trap' room a few times before I eventually figured it out and reached the end boss, I think you need to move the correct blocks to reach the elevator in the central chamber? The boss fight is fairly straight forward and should be fairly easy if you made it that far.

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

Well, with the release of the Booster Pack + DLC and the new update that increased your level cap to 120, I think I may challenge the tower again soon once I get my 23rd platinum trophy from SAO: Re Hollow Fragment.

The tower is not bad at all, if you're aiming for the Royal Arm, I did it when I was around level 50 or so... that did cause me some problems, but I pulled through in the end.  I did stock up on lots of potions and elixers... and phoenix downs as well.  The only real problem you would have would be those red giants... but you may get lucky like me, only having to fight two of the groups... and get the Ramah summon to help get through the fights easily.