Grand Signature Tournament III - Finals [RESULTS]

cmgravekeeper

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Venocide said:

Even if someone did start it up again, I can't see many people participating. Sig making seems to be dead now, or almost dead, which is unfortunate. I still make one from time to time but... I just can't bothered these days. 

Every forum I've been a part of with these kinds of sections tend to just die out. It's a real shame as I always enjoy seeing the work done.

I think it's mostly because there's never any new faces. It tends to be the same crowd and at any point where one person gets busy the sections just become inactive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, cmgravekeeper said:

Responding to everyone:

I can host it again but tbh I don't know how much interest it would get. I remember speaking to IVC, Floris and a few others a while back about doing it again but I didn't have a laptop at the time to run the tournament. If enough people enter it I don't mind hosting a new one. I know I haven't made a signature in over a year so I'll be rusty. But I'd be open to it.

That being said I don't think there's enough people active to host SotM's. As someone mentioned there's not a lot of new faces and most of IVC was in their young 20's when many of us were active. And now we're all busy with jobs and even families. Example, should I spend my Saturday doing Overtime work or making free IV Cards for strangers on the internet? A lot of us don't really have the same time for it anymore.

We don't really have a lot of new blood that learns PhotoShop and can do signatures. Hence why even when I become inactive, there's no younger people replacing older artists. It has little to do with competitions. There's no one really making sig shops and making signatures. And that's really where you are the most growth in new blood, sig shops.

Another thing, I'm not sure how the community will respond to PM's asking people to vote.

But if there's open interest I'll run another tournament and be an active participant as well. So feel free to give me feedback.

I'd be down for another SotM, haven't made a sig in 6-7 months but I do enjoy it. Don't have a laptop at the moment though, it's being fixed.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but I became interested in sigs and image editing after seeing amazing artwork on this site ^_^ .

20 hours ago, cmgravekeeper said:

Responding to everyone:

I can host it again but tbh I don't know how much interest it would get. I remember speaking to IVC, Floris and a few others a while back about doing it again but I didn't have a laptop at the time to run the tournament. If enough people enter it I don't mind hosting a new one. I know I haven't made a signature in over a year so I'll be rusty. But I'd be open to it.

That being said I don't think there's enough people active to host SotM's. As someone mentioned there's not a lot of new faces and most of IVC was in their young 20's when many of us were active. And now we're all busy with jobs and even families. Example, should I spend my Saturday doing Overtime work or making free IV Cards for strangers on the internet? A lot of us don't really have the same time for it anymore.

We don't really have a lot of new blood that learns PhotoShop and can do signatures. Hence why even when I become inactive, there's no younger people replacing older artists. It has little to do with competitions. There's no one really making sig shops and making signatures. And that's really where you are the most growth in new blood, sig shops.

Another thing, I'm not sure how the community will respond to PM's asking people to vote.

But if there's open interest I'll run another tournament and be an active participant as well. So feel free to give me feedback.

I am down as well. Hopefully enough people will feel the same way. If not, no worries. I can totally understand the circumstances and the fact that we're a lot more busy nowadays.