Question about the portals

In regards to the special Portals, when you drop to change characters and check the portals in which ones are open, do they show those you have completed as the other character? Or not?

Meaning, say I drop to play as Riku and I check the portals and it shows one as completed. Is that one I have completed as Riku only? Or would it have counted one I completed as Sora too? Just wondering it all to see if that does make tracking it more easier or not.

Check the reports under game record then go to link portals it should tell which special you finished you have to do all the special as sora & riku, in each there is a total of 6 of them and  the world that never was there's has 3 in it 

here's a link for all the portal locations http://gamersyndrome.com/2012/video-games/strategy-video-games/kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-special-secret-portal-locations/

20 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Check the reports under game record then go to link portals it should tell which special you finished you have to do all the special as sora & riku, in each there is a total of 6 of them and  the world that never was there's has 3 in it 

here's a link for all the portal locations http://gamersyndrome.com/2012/video-games/strategy-video-games/kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-special-secret-portal-locations/

Yeah, I know with each character, but what I was meaning is that the forecast in particular that gives you an overview of which portal is open and which it is so to speak.  I was wondering if that shows for the character you're playing as only.

Ah... what about when you check the forecast and it says "next", how does that one work? As in, say I'm Sora and I check said portal forecast and next is one I have not done for said world, does that mean that next time I'm Sora, that new portal will be open? Just trying to understand how the portal forecast actually works.

Is there a secret or something to getting these portals to appear? 

Right now I'm Sora. If I pause and hit the Drop option my Forecast tells me that right now such and such is sighted. Looking at a guide, for the 3DS version, it says where the portal is and what the sighting is. The game and the guide sync up, awesome. Problem? I can't seem to find it and I've searched every inch of the area. There are other portals in other areas but none of them give me a "New" icon on Reports. Are the locations in the ps4 version the same as the 3DS or were they changed?

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

The guide is coming up, but to easy your current pain, yes you can. It's actually very easy to notice which one you need and don't. On the world map screen press :triangle:, it will show the forecast of the world, if the silhouette shows the nightmare in full you already completed the special portal for this world in the current drop, if not travel there and complete it. Check after each drop with both characters and you will finish then in no time. Now let me go back to guide and post quick for you guys. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

The guide is coming up, but to easy your current pain, yes you can. It's actually very easy to notice which one you need and don't. On the world map screen press :triangle:, it will show the forecast of the world, if the silhouette shows the nightmare in full you already completed the special portal for this world in the current drop, if not travel there and complete it. Check after each drop with both characters and you will finish then in no time. Now let me go back to guide and post quick for you guys. :P

I noticed what the problem was for this specific instance.

The silhouette showed the elephant but there were 2 special portals with this particular dream eater. The guide I have up tells you what the objective is but the drop menu doesn't so it's a guessing game on some of them.

54 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I noticed what the problem was for this specific instance.

The silhouette showed the elephant but there were 2 special portals with this particular dream eater. The guide I have up tells you what the objective is but the drop menu doesn't so it's a guessing game on some of them.

It isn't a guessing game, it actually on plain sight after you interact with the portal which one is "special" "friendship"" battle" or "secret". 

Special are the ones from the silhouette that drops a fantasy piece after completion, battle are normal ones that will always spawn not just once per drop. Secret are the ones you fight the power up bosses on the exact place as the story, friendship let's you borrow a pre set group of spirits.

I never heard of 2 special portals within the same world on the same drop, if it happened to you please share a picture. 

Also there's multiple same nightmare portals, but they are different as in drops and stars

Edited by Mah2c

1 minute ago, Mah2c said:

It isn't a guessing game, it actually on plain sight after you interact with the portal which one is "special" "friendship"" battle" or "secret". 

Special are the ones from the silhouette that drops a fantasy piece after completion, battle are normal ones that will always spawn not just once per drop. Special are the ones you fight the power up bosses on the exact place as the story, friendship let's you borrow a pre set group of spirits.

I never heard of 2 special portals within the same world on the same drop, if it happened to you please share a picture. 

I can explain it if that helps. I didn't mean to make it sound like there were 2 special portals in one drop. Simply that 2 special portals share the same sighted dream eater.

The guide I'm using lists these out in La Cite des Cloches for Sora.

-Special Portal 3-
Town / 1*
Snouted lout / Zolephant
Win within 20 secs

-Special Portal 4-
Court of Miracles / 2*
Snouted lout / Zolephant
Use 3 Flowmotion attacks

Now in the Drop menu when it shows/tells you who was sighted. It simply says "Snouted lout sighted!" and the prize which in this case was a Balloon.

Without the guide saying that the sighting was in Town or Court of Miracles it was a guessing game as to which area it was in, because the Drop menu also doesn't list the Bonus Challenge, Win Within 20 Seconds or Use 3 Flowmotion Attacks. And the guide doesn't say what the prize is.

27 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I can explain it if that helps. I didn't mean to make it sound like there were 2 special portals in one drop. Simply that 2 special portals share the same sighted dream eater.

The guide I'm using lists these out in La Cite des Cloches for Sora.

-Special Portal 3-
Town / 1*
Snouted lout / Zolephant
Win within 20 secs

-Special Portal 4-
Court of Miracles / 2*
Snouted lout / Zolephant
Use 3 Flowmotion attacks

Now in the Drop menu when it shows/tells you who was sighted. It simply says "Snouted lout sighted!" and the prize which in this case was a Balloon.

Without the guide saying that the sighting was in Town or Court of Miracles it was a guessing game as to which area it was in, because the Drop menu also doesn't list the Bonus Challenge, Win Within 20 Seconds or Use 3 Flowmotion Attacks. And the guide doesn't say what the prize is.

Ah okay. But that was exactly that I said on the message, is different drops and stars, there's tons of portal with similar nightmares but they drop different pieces and have more or less stars. Hopefully I didn't come out harshly, wasn't my intention

Also don't worry on the to be published guide has all the locations :)

Just now, Mah2c said:

Ah okay. But that was exactly that I said on the message, is different drops and stars, there's tons of portal with similar nightmares but they drop different pieces and have more or less stars. Hopefully I didn't come out harshly, wasn't my intention

Not harsh at all. :D 

Tbh it was oversight on my part for not noticing the star bit. I was just looking at the dream eater.

• 4 years later...

Looks like a lot of special portals cannot be triggered. I play on standard mode and have finished the story. I want to trigger the world that never was special portal number 3 as Sora but i have dropped an uncountable times and that specific portal does not appear in the forecast. It is not the only one in that world but in every world the last portal never appears as sora or riku in all worlds. 

26 minutes ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Looks like a lot of special portals cannot be triggered. I play on standard mode and have finished the story. I want to trigger the world that never was special portal number 3 as Sora but i have dropped an uncountable times and that specific portal does not appear in the forecast. It is not the only one in that world but in every world the last portal never appears as sora or riku in all worlds. 

The special portals spawn at complete random, it can possibly take a few minutes for it to spawn. Some portals took like 5-10 minutes just to spawn.

14 hours ago, BlackSabre500 said:

The special portals spawn at complete random, it can possibly take a few minutes for it to spawn. Some portals took like 5-10 minutes just to spawn.

Found on reddit that it's a bug that sora's ending does not count as a drop. I have to beat the boss with sora again to fix it. let's see if this works.