Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

43 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Good luck fleshing out your list, mine took around 5 hours to put together when I had about half as many plats as you do. You have your work cut out for you :P

Cheers. Yeah, this will take me a while. If I had only gone for adding the plats it wouldn't have been too bad, but I'm kind of including all games I played in some shape or form, so I'll be on this for days to come :lol:.

Nice list, i did the singularity grind, it was just stupid, from the 15 or 16 trophies all but 2 or 3( don't remember exactly) can be gotten within 5 matches, and then the ridicoulous grind starts, took our group 3 weeks, you can average 6 matches per hour with all the loading screens and so on

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lars9612 said:

Nice list, i did the singularity grind, it was just stupid, from the 15 or 16 trophies all but 2 or 3( don't remember exactly) can be gotten within 5 matches, and then the ridicoulous grind starts, took our group 3 weeks, you can average 6 matches per hour with all the loading screens and so on

Thanks. Yeah I also started the online grind with a group. Only did one session as I was burned out after 3-4 hours straight of the online. It gets to a point where it just drags on endlessly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks. Yeah I also started the online grind with a group. Only did one session as I was burned out after 3-4 hours straight of the online. It gets to a point where it just drags on endlessly.

Yes, i am proud to have the plat on that one. But i immediately decided that this would be the last big grind i would do on PS3. Only on games that i really enjoy the multiplayer of, those are the games i will complete the multiplayer, otherwise the plat will never be unlocked by me.

12 minutes ago, lars9612 said:

Yes, i am proud to have the plat on that one. But i immediately decided that this would be the last big grind i would do on PS3. Only on games that i really enjoy the multiplayer of, those are the games i will complete the multiplayer, otherwise the plat will never be unlocked by me.

I tend to not bother with the multiplayer at all. I'll go as far to give it a try, but chances are I won't like it. I can't remember the last multiplayer game I played, where there wasn't at least 1 person standing idle in the base for the whole game. Which is something that annoys the hell out of me. It's why I stopped played LoL and have no plans of getting back to Smite any time soon. Just ruins the experience and turns an enjoyable hobby into a waste of time.

Not to mention the ton of games that have poor matchmaking or net-coding...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I tend to not bother with the multiplayer at all. I'll go as far to give it a try, but chances are I won't like it. I can't remember the last multiplayer game I played, where there wasn't at least 1 person standing idle in the base for the whole game. Which is something that annoys the hell out of me. It's why I stopped played LoL and have no plans of getting back to Smite any time soon. Just ruins the experience and turns an enjoyable hobby into a waste of time.

Not to mention the ton of games that have poor matchmaking or net-coding...

The only reason I went ahead and finally got Red Dead Redemption done is because I already spent a lot of time with the multiplayer. It's one of the very few console games where I'm proud to say was worth playing. But the game sadly feels a little dated these days and the online now is just a mess. I would occasionally stumble upon a hacked server and one of the trophies required me to go from Blackwater to Escalera in one go on a Public Session. A few times I died somehow because somebody was glitching a gang hideout, causing me to have to redo the trophy all over again.

GTA V Online was fun for a while but got real boring quick. I'm not even going to bother with the PS4 version online since I can just transfer my character over and have all the online trophies I earned auto pop.

I stick to single player games for a reason, although I heard AC Black Flag multiplayer can mostly be done solo and AC III only has one or two instances requiring other players for it's platinum. I think AC Unity only has two co op trophies requiring another player, but after the horrible experience I had with Uncharted 4 I have my doubts about playing Unity online. Worse is DOOM which is a full blown fast paced FPS multiplayer competition, and my terrible internet connection is real bad at FPS games.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The only reason I went ahead and finally got Red Dead Redemption done is because I already spent a lot of time with the multiplayer. It's one of the very few console games where I'm proud to say was worth playing. But the game sadly feels a little dated these days and the online now is just a mess. I would occasionally stumble upon a hacked server and one of the trophies required me to go from Blackwater to Escalera in one go on a Public Session. A few times I died somehow because somebody was glitching a gang hideout, causing me to have to redo the trophy all over again.

GTA V Online was fun for a while but got real boring quick. I'm not even going to bother with the PS4 version online since I can just transfer my character over and have all the online trophies I earned auto pop.

I stick to single player games for a reason, although I heard AC Black Flag multiplayer can mostly be done solo and AC III only has one or two instances requiring other players for it's platinum. I think AC Unity only has two co op trophies requiring another player, but after the horrible experience I had with Uncharted 4 I have my doubts about playing Unity online. Worse is DOOM which is a full blown fast paced FPS multiplayer competition, and my terrible internet connection is real bad at FPS games.

RDR seemed like a great game from what I played so far (which isn't a lot). I'm certain it would have been better without a MP component though. MP trophies should generally be more accessible. Not necessarily easy, but involve less grinding... I mean it's not like there's only one MP game that people play, there are tons of games that have (potentially good) MP, it's impossible to find the time to play them all. Focusing on just one, will eventually turn the best experience into a mundane chore.

Have yet to try GTA V properly. I think I only booted it up after the insane install time to check if it worked and that's about it :lol:.

Yeah AC IV can be done solo as far as I know, still need to get back to that eventually. AC Unity will actually be a potential candidate for my list of games for the next KYC event AC 3 I did not like what I played so far, but am determined to at least finish the story at some point. I only tried the Beta of Doom MP and hated it, have yet to see if it has gotten any better since then.

4 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Looking great so far . You have so much plats , i believe ir's gonna be a hell of a job to list every plat on your collection :P

Keep it up , Voodoo ! 

Thanks, yeah it'll take some time. I have no rush though. It's ready when it's ready :).

PS: Did the game arrive?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

RDR seemed like a great game from what I played so far (which isn't a lot). I'm certain it would have been better without a MP component though. MP trophies should generally be more accessible. Not necessarily easy, but involve less grinding... I mean it's not like there's only one MP game that people play, there are tons of games that have (potentially good) MP, it's impossible to find the time to play them all. Focusing on just one, will eventually turn the best experience into a mundane chore.

Have yet to try GTA V properly. I think I only booted it up after the insane install time to check if it worked and that's about it :lol:.

Yeah AC IV can be done solo as far as I know, still need to get back to that eventually. AC Unity will actually be a potential candidate for my list of games for the next KYC event AC 3 I did not like what I played so far, but am determined to at least finish the story at some point. I only tried the Beta of Doom MP and hated it, have yet to see if it has gotten any better since then.

Don't get me wrong, Red Dead Redemption is probably my FAVORITE game of last gen. But for many people the platinum is simply out of their reach because the multiplayer requires a lot of grinding. There are exploits to reach level 50 in multiplayer fairly quickly, however you have Posse Up which requires no less than eight different players to all be in a group (and you have to be the leader of the posse), Get 10 Assists in a Single Hideout which requires another player, and winning three Free For All matches in a row which is just downright silly.

Then again the people reading this who finished Resistance 2 or Battlefield Bad Company 1 may think I'm whining and bitching when I haven't tried that out. I did spend a good 200 - 250 hours into RDR multiplayer, and basically got every trophy but one naturally.

GTA V is fun, but the PS4 version is much better. However if you already dived into the PS3 version and earned a few online trophies I would wrap up the game on there. People who have double platted GTA V transferred their character over, saving them dozens of hours.

The only two things on Black Flag you really need to do with others is use the Bodyguard ability on another player, and play a session of Game Lab. The rest is doable solo, but from what I heard multiplayer is a long, boring grind and I'm hesitant to try it out.

Let me know how Unity goes, and if you're going to do the co op missions solo.

DOOM was quite enjoyable from what little I played of it, but the online sounds fairly dead now which is bad for a game that only came out last year.

Edited by Spaz

13 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks, yeah it'll take some time. I have no rush though. It's ready when it's ready :).

PS: Did the game arrive?

Not yet, was hoping for today but nope . Oh wel, maybe tomorrow by lunch time it will be here already . Thanks alot :)

Edited by Sigma999

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

*snip*

Let me know how Unity goes, and if you're going to do the co op missions solo.

Will do!

7 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Not yet, was hoping for today but nope . Oh wel, maybe tomorrow by lunch time it will be here already . Thanks alot :)

:hmm:, kind of odd that it hasn't arrived yet. Here's to hoping for it to show up soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Will do!

:hmm:, kind of odd that it hasn't arrived yet. Here's to hoping for it to show up soon.

Btw , kinda out of topic here but how's it going Corpse Party blood drive ? I have the first corpse party , Book of Shadows (PSP versions) and Blood Drive yet to play on my Vita so i'm kinda curious to start the series .

20 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Btw , kinda out of topic here but how's it going Corpse Party blood drive ? I have the first corpse party , Book of Shadows (PSP versions) and Blood Drive yet to play on my Vita so i'm kinda curious to start the series .

To be honest, I'm not liking it. For a very simple reason, I'm a horror fan and this game is constantly interrupted by Visual Novel-like dialogue. I'd be ok, if it did that only at the start and end of each chapter, but during the actual gameplay (basically every 5 minutes) it gets on my nerves and breaks any possible immersion. It's neither scary, nor creepy, nor has it graphic violence (painting a face red and just a spewing blood animation is not reason for it to be rated PEGI18.  Not liking the darkening mechanic (seems pointless), the getting out of breath thing isn't well implemented, as the ghosts are either as fast or faster than you, and there aren't enough hiding spots around to make it feel balanced.

I expected a horror game, and instead I got a visual novel. I haven't played the previous titles, so the story is pretty much throwaway material. I guess, if you like visual novels you might like it. To me it's average at best.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

To be honest, I'm not liking it. For a very simple reason, I'm a horror fan and this game is constantly interrupted by Visual Novel-like dialogue. I'd be ok, if it did that only at the start and end of each chapter, but during the actual gameplay (basically every 5 minutes) it gets on my nerves and breaks any possible immersion. It's neither scary, nor creepy, nor has it graphic violence (painting a face red and just a spewing blood animation is not reason for it to be rated PEGI18.  Not liking the darkening mechanic (seems pointless), the getting out of breath thing isn't well implemented, as the ghosts are either as fast or faster than you, and there aren't enough hiding spots around to make it feel balanced.

I expected a horror game, and instead I got a visual novel. I haven't played the previous titles, so the story is pretty much throwaway material. I guess, if you like visual novels you might like it. To me it's average at best.

Too bad you didn't like it much . I am from the start expecting to play a Visual Novel series and not much a horror one from Corpse Party so i already knew what i was getting myself into . That's why i bought Corpse Party cause of the Visual Novel aspect as for the horror part , i'm not a fan of horror so really don't bother me much the lack of graphic horror to begin with . 

Edited by Sigma999

15 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Too bad you didn't like it much . I am from the start expecting to play a Visual Novel series and not much a horror one from Corpse Party so i already knew what i was getting myself into . That's why i bought Corpse Party cause of the Visual Novel aspect as for the horror part , i'm not a fan of horror so really don't bother me much the lack of graphic horror to begin with . 

I knew it had some VN elements, but it's 80& VN really, which is disappointing. Also, I don't feel like a VN works well with the horror theme. Anyway, I'm fairly close to finishing the game, only need to play through chapter 9 twice and then get through chapter 10. If all goes well I'll have the plat sometime this week still

OT: Current progress update on the list. first 50 plats are now up + the first 50 dropped games.

• Like 1

Very nice list of games, and very cool that you decided to add games that are dead and burned.

Those are the better stories. :popcorn:

Putting aside the ones that have servers shut down, the only one I burned was Darksiders 2, the gameplay it's terrible on ps3, and I didn't even know that the game included one online trophy that it's unobtainable now lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Very nice list of games, and very cool that you decided to add games that are dead and burned.

Those are the better stories. :popcorn:

Putting aside the ones that have servers shut down, the only one I burned was Darksiders 2, the gameplay it's terrible on ps3, and I didn't even know that the game included one online trophy that it's unobtainable now lol.

Thanks. I'm sure there'll be more added to that list eventually.

From what I played of Darksiders II, I quite enjoyed it. Wasn't the online trophy only unobtainable for used copies, due to the online pass nonsense back then? If I recall correctly there was no proper "online" service. The gifting bit was peer-to-peer I think, but required having the crucible pass. So it didn't need servers as far as I'm aware. I might be wrong though.

Infamous First Light isn't as bad as you make it to be. Arenas were a real fucking bitch at times but nothing too difficult in them. I ended up toughing it out and got the platinum. 

Sly 3 Among Thieves wasn't all that great. You're forced to play with three additional characters, including that crap with Dimitri, and do the timed challenges. They also made the bosses more of a pain (the first one was just stupid) and the humor wasn't funny at all. I didn't like it but it was part of the trilogy so I had to finish it.

Not sure what the deal is with Metro 2033 Redux. Most people I've talked to about the game have said it's fairly good.

Other than these nitpicks, great list. I always enjoy hearing what other people have to say on the games they've tried/completed.

Glad you really liked Assassins Creed Syndicate. I'll be starting that one soon.

Edited by Spaz

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Infamous First Light isn't as bad as you make it to be. Arenas were a real fucking bitch at times but nothing too difficult in them. I ended up toughing it out and got the platinum. 

Sly 3 Among Thieves wasn't all that great. You're forced to play with three additional characters, including that crap with Dimitri, and do the timed challenges. They also made the bosses more of a pain (the first one was just stupid) and the humor wasn't funny at all. I didn't like it but it was part of the trilogy so I had to finish it.

Not sure what the deal is with Metro 2033 Redux. Most people I've talked to about the game have said it's fairly good.

Other than these nitpicks, great list. I always enjoy hearing what other people have to say on the games they've tried/completed.

Glad you really liked Assassins Creed Syndicate. I'll be starting that one soon.

I try to at least wrap up the story in the games I play, but sometimes I just dislike a game too much from the start that I won't bother finishing it. Sly is for some a classic, mainly those that played the games on PS2. I didn't have a PS2, so I just experienced them on ps3. I'd assume at the time of original release I would have appreciated them more, same goes for Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and so on. Although I believe the general consensus on Sly 3 is, that it' the worst one, siilar to Jak II being considered by most (me included) the worst of the 3.

Metro might be a similar thing as it came out on pc and 360 in 2010. Had I played it back then I might have liked it more. As I said, I might have a less good impression on it, because I played Last Light first, which to me felt much better in comparison. The save file corruption didn't help either.