voodoo_eyes

Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

255 posts in this topic

3 more quick plats and finished a 100% game after a long time.

#385 My Memory of Us - Solid game, with some similarities to Valiant Hearts. Has an interesting approach to storytelling, but also has some really bad checkpoints for trophy clean up.

#386 Goodbye Deponia - For 3€, well worth it. Otherwise, only a decent point-and-click game

#387 Deponia Doomsday - Not a fan. and one of the worst poaint-and-click games 4€ would've been alright, if there wasn't the jackalope trophy. Any triphy that literally requires you to have a spreadsheet going on the side, detracts from anything else the game could potentially offer.

Finally managed to get all the notes in Layers of Fear (Inheritance DLC). I've tried for that trophy numerous times and it never unlocked. Yesterday I end up finding a video guide that has the least views out of all those available, and it worked out perfectly. All the other video guides were either incomplete, or lacked information, as such I'd like to express a "fuck you" to their creators for waisting peoples time with that sort of garbage.

New addidions:

• Assault Gunners
  • Guacamelee 2
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Flipping Death
  • The Swords of Ditto

Quite a lot to update this time around. Already wanted to have updated a week ago, but then ended up forgetting.

#388 Flipping Death - It's interesting in art style and gameplay. Feels a tad clunky though and suffers from technical issues like soft locks.

#389 Assault Gunners - It's a mech game and a bad one. It looks worse than Mechwarrior 3, which is over 10 years older btw. Environments and enemies are recycled and boring. Missions take about 5 minutes each, and have nothing interesting to them.

#390 Pillars of Eternity - Great game, with fantastic story, quests, voice acting, characters. Those load times though, they will test your patience. That's my only gripe though, as the rest of the game works quite well on console, considering it's a CRPG

#391 My Big Sister (Vita) - Was nice and short. Gave a bit of a Claire vibe, but was a lot simpler.

#392 Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita) - Performance-wise they haven't learned from the issues that the first game had. The Vita version still runs poorly and the hit detection continues to be a bit iffy. There's more variety though, compared to the first one. There's 3 characters now and each unlock different weapons.

#393 My Big Sister (PS4) - There's nothing to add (see Vita version).

#394 Devious Dungeon 2 (PS4) - Better than the handheld version, as it doesn't suffer from performance issues.

#395 Typoman Revised - Not a fan. The main game itself is alright, although way too short. What makes this one bad is the minigame. It takes around 3 hours of going back and forth, creating a word, replacing it, creating another word, reaplacing it, take letters to form yet another word. Repeat sequence around 200 times. Mind you that the base game only takes 1 hour to complete.

#396 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - This one was great. Still plays and looks great nowadays. Quests and cahracters are great as well, although I would've liked more enemy variety. The gear scaling seems very off though, wished they'd still be around to ask them about it (EA closed the studio after release of the DLCs). Load times are quick, quest.tracker is awesome and fast travel is how it should be in every game.

Dropped a few games as well. Decided to cut Zombi off the backlog llist. The game is very bland and having to do another 2 playthroughs would not be enjoyable, so yeah. The Witch and the Hundred Knight is also just plain boring, as such I don't care to continue the game. Then there's Guacamelee 2, which just doesn't click with me. It has too much platforming for my liking. Wished it was more metroidvania and less platformer. Also dropped Spellspire, which is an absolute drag to play.

New addition:

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Edited by voodoo_eyes

Another 3 plats and another 3 dropped games.

#397 Transistor - Loved how much you can personalize your skills. Not the biggest fan of the art style and the tests, but other than that it was very enjoyable.

#398 Wizards Tourney - Clearly intended for kids to be distracted, so that the parents can take a breather. ANyone over the age of 6 will probably be bored out of their mind after 10 minutes. If it hadn't been a free game on PS Plus, this would never have been touched.

#399 Welcome to Hanwell - This could've been really cool, but turned out just to be mediocre. An open world with almost nothing in it. The few things you can find and the exploration ofthe buildings is nice, but that's pretty much it.

Not planning on going back to Neverwinter, which is just a masive time sink and I've got too many other games to play. Then there's Alienation, which on solo is absolutely insane and I don't hate myself that much to keep punishing myself. Monsters vs Aliens killed itself off, as it seems that the game requires some siaxis wiggle funcionality, which my 3rd party controllers don't have, so yeah...

New additions:

• The Council
  • Achtung Cthulu Tactics
  • Ghost 1.0

It's time for another update. Got 3 more plats and dropped another game from the backlog as well.

#400 Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - One of my favourite games. Played through the original on PC and got all characters to max. Now I did it on console as well and it was still just as much fun. That being said the bounties were somewhat of a slog.

#401 Intruders: Hide & Seek - An okay horror game that needs it's base price cut in half. 20 bucks for a 2 hour experience is a tough sell, especially if the gameplay and visuals are kept very basic.

#402 Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - A fun side-scrolling Action-RPG. The characters all play differently and the cooking mechanic is fun. Bosses and areas needed to be more original and less repetitive.

Dropped Prince of Persia after beating the game. Wan't a fan of the combat and definitely not a fan of the find collectibles to progress the story mechanic. Not going to bother with finding the remaining 500 collectibles, even if they are technically easy to find. Very mediocre game.

No new additions for a change.

Been a while since my last update. Got a few plats and dropped a bunch of game after getting through the story/campaign.

#403 Assassin's Creed Unity - Average at best. Controls like absolute arse and all the optional missions take too long. The collectible grind wasn't even remotely as bad as people made it out to be.

#404 Observer - Expected more of it. It has severe performance issues and constanly breaks immersion because you need to wait xeveral seconds every time you want to open a door. Furthermore the mind jumping sections overstay it's welcome quite a bit.

#405 Elea - Walking sim that tricks you into thinking that you can "run", and then proceeds to give you the message "You can't run at this time" for 70% of the game. The story is underwhelming and an ending that leaves a lot to be desired.

Finished the hard playthrough on R&C: A Crack in Time. Hated the Clank sections and have no interest in going through the game again. Also, I'm terrible at the minigame. Finished the campaign in Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr, which was pretty neat. Not into the grind though. Then there's Battlefield 1, that had a very average campaign. Half of which seems to be cutscenes. The online is a bore and an excessive grind that I have no interest in. Ghost Blade HD, while enjoyable was also too short and lacks stages. Don't have the patience to get good enough at the game for the highscore nonsense. Lastly there's Grid 2, that I've tried several times over the years. First race is fine, but as soon as the 2nd race starts the vehicle starts controlling like a bathtub on ice and it all goes downhill from there.

New additions:

• State of Mind
  • Anthem
  • Aggelos