Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

On 7-4-2017 at 8:27 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Her Majesty's Spiffing is an alright point-and-click game. It looks great visually and animation-wise, but is over in about 2 hours even without a guide. It's one of the simpler games of the genre. It has a few video game and cultural references. The humour was a bit too dry for my liking.

I'll probably just ignore it for now, then.

On 7-4-2017 at 8:27 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

I thought the humble bundle was US only. Since I don't have a US account and don't have a simple way to get my hands on a US PSN card.

You'd neet to make a US PSN account but a US PSN card is not needed... You pay on humblebundle and you get a download code to fill in on PSN, no PSN money needed.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll probably just ignore it for now, then.

You'd neet to make a US PSN account but a US PSN card is not needed... You pay on humblebundle and you get a download code to fill in on PSN, no PSN money needed.

Regarding Her Majesty's Spiffing... I'd say wait for it to be at least a tad cheaper. There are (arguably) far better point-and-click games out there, that are longer, have a more interesting story and are also cheaper than this one.

Regarding humble bundle... Thanks for the info. I'll make a mental note for next time one of those humble bundles comes up.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

What's with all the games you've been playing lately that you dislike or just flat out hate?

Oceanhorn and Valley were decent, Enigmatis I enjoyed and Wanted is bad so that seems to be a balanced mix :P.

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah @voodoo_eyes, play a few good games already why don't ya :D

Enigmatis was pretty good, even though short. Sword Coast Legends and Destroy All Humans have been fun so far :).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ahh okay. I just skimmed through your messages and I was like "Why are you playing games you don't like?"

I just bought Valley in the recent sale. Is it good by your account?

That one is tricky to judge. I had fun for the most part, but I don't really know why. There's just not much to do in the game except run and jump, the combat and the whole "valley dies, instead of you" mechanic feels kind of mute. That's why I only though it was decent overall I guess. I think the price for it was reasonable though (about 7€ I think). So I don't regret buying it.

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Strange, your profile does not show as having PS+. I used to prefer physical but I'm a big digital supporter now.

It shows up on the trophy card, where the "avatar" image is. I'll always tend to renew plus, because there's always the odd game that I wouldn't mind trying out, but don't feel like buying... Not to mention the plus-discounts.

8 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It shows up on the trophy card, where the "avatar" image is. I'll always tend to renew plus, because there's always the odd game that I wouldn't mind trying out, but don't feel like buying... Not to mention the plus-discounts.

Ah, you use the other card. I was checking behind the name (like on the card I use)... I need my weekend.

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

Keep going the good work , Voodoo :awesome:

Looking great so far .

I have to start my own backlog checklist someday in order to not forget my backlog games :giggle:

Thanks!

I'm already thinking about which game I want for my 200th plat, although I'm not sure I'll get there this year.

100%ed Type:Rider that was on psplus. Not much into platformers in general, and out of the ones I played this one was just about decent. Credits for being original, but I disliked several of the levels and the Arkanoid minigame on the pixel level glitched on me several times where the moving pixel would just simply be projected out of the enclosed space and then disappearing.

Tried out Blood Knights for about 20 min and decided to delete that pile of garbage again.

Bought 3 more games:

• République
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Probably going to start up Far Cry Primal over the weekend. Have been wanting to try it out for a while, but didn't feel like paying full price for it (Or any game for that matter :P)

Primal is easy, but it's somewhat of a grind because you need all the skills.

Took me 25 hours of in-game play and a portion of that was just running around looking for rare animals. 

Definitely doable in three to four days, provided you don't spend a 24 hour session.

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Primal is easy, but it's somewhat of a grind because you need all the skills.

Took me 25 hours of in-game play and a portion of that was just running around looking for rare animals. 

Definitely doable in three to four days, provided you don't spend a 24 hour session.

Yeah, I figured it won't be too difficult as the other games in the series weren't either (except the second one that is). Primal seems to have a lot more busywork going on though, so I guess I'll focus on the gathering skills.

I'll probably work on the plat over the course of a couple of weeks though.