Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

Got another plat in a game I bought in the current sale, which makes Knee Deep # 179. Interesting concept (It's got a theatrical ply style to it), it looks fairly good the dialogues are good enough as well. The story didn't really grab me at all and the voices seemed very mechanical to me. Overall it was alright, wouldn't recommend buying it full price though.

Also Decided to drop Sword Coast Legends. Even though I enjoy the game, the issues it end up being a major pain to deal with. Might poke at it slowly over the years, but not dedicating much more time to it for the near future.

Another one I decided to finally drop is Final Fantasy VII. Not a fan of that game whatsoever. Got to the snowy bits and can't stomach it any longer. Good fucking riddance. Another game I played through once and am now ditching is Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires. It's just overall buggy and dull compared to games like Arslan o Samurai Warriors. 6 playthroughs for a plat is pushing it as well...

As usual I also got a few more games...

• Under Defeat HD
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • Dead Rising
Edited by voodoo_eyes

Got the plat for Far Cry Primal (#180). Overall a fun game,The XP grind for all the skills really shouldn't have been a thing. Furthermore I encountered a few bugs when trying to start side missions (which is fiddly as fuck in itself to begin with). Best part was by far the beast riding.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Finished the story in Sword Art Online Lost song, which for me means I'M done with the game. It's a fun game, but the obligatory grinding can go get fucked.

New additions to the backlog are:

• Rogue Legacy
  • Lego Marvel Avengers
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Nights of Azure
  • Apotheon

Been a couple of weeks since my last plat, so plat #181 is Adventures of Mana. Which could have been a really good game, if the map design wasn't crap, and if it hadn't asked of me to level jsut for the sake of it. There is a point in the game where reaching level 60ish basically steamrolls everything, so getting to 99 is just dumb.

The round of new purchases include:

• Blazblue Centralfiction
  • Cod Infinite Warfare
  • Dead Effect 2
  • Astebreed
  • Cursed Castilla EX
  • Ride
  • DIgimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  • Dishonored 2

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Got Alien Rage to 100%. It`s an alright FPS. I didn't have any lag issues that others have reported. The game seems a bit unfair in a few parts, where your checkpoint is right in the line of enemy fire, which is a bit annoying on brutal difficulty.

Other than that I dropped Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Even though it's a solid game, It's not the type of fighting game I enjoy.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

So I decided to buy the Fallout 4 season pass recently, which has been my main focus lately.

Progress so far:

• Automatron (in progress)
  • Wasteland Workshop (in progress)
  • Far Harbor (not started yet)
  • Contraptions (finished) - a joke of a "DLC", in other words... abysmal
  • Vault-Tec Workshop (finished) - fun, but short
  • Nuka-World (not started yet)

FInished the Automatron DLC in Fallout 4, which was quite good. Also started Far Harbor.

Finished the story in Warriros Orochi 3, and now I can add it to the dumped games pile. An alright musou game, that is a bit dull visually and has some quite annoying missions.

Plat #182 is Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today. It's a point-and-click with a really messed up story and is overall fucking grim. It was interesting overall, but I wasn't a fan of the animations or the aesthetic (although the latter fits well). Fun fact, almost all the trophies are references to 60s, 70s and 80s sci-fi/horror movies.

New backlog additions:

• Neon Chrome
  • Abyss Odyssey
  • Killing Floor 2 (already been playing that for about a week)
  • Mafia 3

Got through another point-and-click game, this time it was Walking Dead: A New Frontier. Which as most Walking Dead games was quite good, although the final episode is a technical mess and feels rushed out.

New addition to backlog:

• Watch Dogs 2

Got some more progress done with the Fallout 4 DLCs:

• Automatron (finished) - was quite good
  • Wasteland Workshop (finished) - waste of space
  • Far Harbor (finished) - not as good as Aitomatron, but at least a decent amount of content
  • Nuka-World (ongoing)

Abandoned TMNT Out of the Shadows after finishing the story once. Activision should be ashamed for putting that out (among other things). Poor in every regard, and there is not even a single thing that comes to mind that could be described as decent in this game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

On 5/25/2017 at 11:48 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Finished the story in Sword Art Online Lost song, which for me means I'M done with the game. It's a fun game, but the obligatory grinding can go get fucked.

New additions to the backlog are:

• Rogue Legacy
  • Lego Marvel Avengers
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Nights of Azure
  • Apotheon

I played a little bit of Rogue Legacy on my alt. Quite enjoyable, but difficult due to the randomness of the dungeon crawler side scroller.

You're definitely going to need skill to beat the remix bosses. I'm up for the challenge but won't be playing it for a bit, at least not until I clear some of my backlog.

Flash Sales don't help me any because I just add more to the list.

Ratchet and Clank is a lot of fun. Always fun to use the RYNO and watch your bolt multiplier go up to x20.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:31 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Got some more progress done with the Fallout 4 DLCs:

• Far Harbor (finished) - not as good as Aitomatron, but at least a decent amount of content
  • Nuka-World (ongoing)

Abandoned TMNT Out of the Shadows after finishing the story once. Activision should be ashamed for putting that out (among other things). Poor in every regard, and there is not even a single thing that comes to mind that could be described as decent in this game.

If you thought TMNT was bad, Ghostbusters is worse.

I've been meaning to jump into Fallout 4 but I'm having a lot of difficulty doing so. The graphics aren't anything good like The Witcher 3 nor do NPCs tend to do a whole lot as opposed to Skyrim where they had actual schedules depending on the time of day.

I played the first two Fallout games, loved them to death. Never got a chance to play Fallout 3 but it may seem I'll never play it on console due to the amount of bugs and glitches I've heard from many who did play through the game.

I guess the one thing going for Fallout 4 is it's fairly easy (apart from building a Settlement). DLC looks pretty straightforward although Nuka-World has collectibles in it which I'm not a big fan of generally in games.

Edited by Spaz

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I played a little bit of Rogue Legacy on my alt. Quite enjoyable, but difficult due to the randomness of the dungeon crawler side scroller.

You're definitely going to need skill to beat the remix bosses. I'm up for the challenge but won't be playing it for a bit, at least not until I clear some of my backlog.

Flash Sales don't help me any because I just add more to the list.

Ratchet and Clank is a lot of fun. Always fun to use the RYNO and watch your bolt multiplier go up to x20.

If you thought TMNT was bad, Ghostbusters is worse.

I've been meaning to jump into Fallout 4 but I'm having a lot of difficulty doing so. The graphics aren't anything good like The Witcher 3 nor do NPCs tend to do a whole lot as opposed to Skyrim where they had actual schedules depending on the time of day.

I played the first two Fallout games, loved them to death. Never got a chance to play Fallout 3 but it may seem I'll never play it on console due to the amount of bugs and glitches I've heard from many who did play through the game.

I guess the one thing going for Fallout 4 is it's fairly easy (apart from building a Settlement). DLC looks pretty straightforward although Nuka-World has collectibles in it which I'm not a big fan of generally in games.

I#m going to try out Ratchet & Clank reboot during the next KYC event, as it's one of the games I've been wanting to play for quite a while. Out of the 3 Sony platformers R&C is by far my favourite series (I'M not counting Full Frontal Assault, as I assume someone made a msitake during the development process).

I also played through all of the Fallout game, except New Vegas. I enjoy all of them, although I enjoyed the third one the most. I also barely experienced glitches and bugs while playing through it. The only problem was it being prone to crashes once the DLC was installed, but there's a way around that by just having one DLC installed at a time. I'd still recommend playing it on PC instead though.

Fallout 4 is great too, but I would have been pissed if I had bought the season pass at full price as soon as it was available. 50 bucks is a rip-off, considering 2 of the DLCs are just workshop stuff, another one being also work shop focused, but at least has a little bit of story attached to it, while the remaining three are the only ones I'd actually consider DLC.

Another point-and-click game finished with plat 184 Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. Was good story-wise, passable when it comes to graphics and terrible regarding the implementation of "new gameplay elements".

New purchases:

• Banner Saga
  • Banner Saga 2
  • Jotun

For some reason copying the game's image link doesn't work... I swear this site is getting more broken by the minute.

Fallout 4 is finally at 100%. DLC overall was decent, but if you cut the crap workshop nonsense the remaining stuff is quite good.

• Nuka-World - good, but could have done without the collectibles

On a different note, I decided to drop Neon Chrome. In a world where Alienation, Dead Nation Livelock and Alien Breed exist, that game is merely passable.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Good work.

I'm a bit surprised you're at 72 percent completion with all the dropped games you have.

As I tend to aim for finishing the story in most games, on average 20%-30% of the trophies end up being earned by default. Then the amount of games I complete being about double the amount I drop, shifts it toward a higher percentage.

Still chipping at Killing Floor 2. As expected the level grind is quite dull, but I'm already level 23 now so it won't take much longer to finish that one off as well.

Killing Floor 2 platinum out of the way. Fun overall, shame that the EU servers weren't functional for me at all. Thank god for Asian servers where, despite the ping being through the roof, people actually knew how to play this game. Switching from US to Asian servers made all the difference for netting consistent victories in the matches.

Finished the story in A King's Tale, which wasn't all that great and thus I don't feel like playing it for the remaining trophies.

Made a bunch of purchases though:

• Disgaea D2
  • Ar Nosurge - Ode to an Unborn Star
  • Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black HEart
  • Trillion Gods of Destruction
  • Ray Gigant
  • The Crew
  • Forced
  • Caladrius Blaze
  •  Yesterday Origins
  • The Sexy Brutale
  • Claire
  • Omega Quintet

Got Killing Floor 2 back to 100%, after devs decided to add anotehr DLC trophy...

Dropped Foul Play after finishing the story. It's an alright game that gets repetitive fast and playing actually hurts my hands... so yeah, that one can just fuck off really.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Decided to get Abyss Odyssey to 100% this week. It's a fun game, but unfortunately relies a bit too much on RNG. Bosses spawning and the finding of decent weapons are both up to chance which is somewhat annoying. Not to mention that 90& of the weapons I found were worse than the starting weapon.

Alright, so I've been making some progress towards the 200th plat. Added another 3, and am now at 188. All 3 plats were from games that are currently on sale, namely Jazzpunk, Eventide and Virginia.

Jazzpunk was alright, not really the kind of humour I like. Nevertheless it was reasonably enjoyable.

Eventide was pretty good. Not my favourite hidden object game, but fun throughout  A bit on the short side though.

Virginia is just absolute garbage and a regrettable purchase even for that price.

New additions to the backlog (all from the same sale as well):

• Nightmares from the Deep 2
  • Ghost Blade HD
  • Alone with You
  • Enter the Gungeon

Couple more plats came my way. This time around plat #190 goes to Ride, which I had a lot of fun with. One of the most enjozable racers I plazed, that offers a ton of bikes, tracks, and a decent number of race types.

The other one was plat #191The Sexy Brutale. Great game, and is currently one of my top 10 PS4 games. It's sort of a murder mystery in which you need to prevent assassinations of several guests with the help of rewinding time. Design, gameplaz and music are all phenomenal. Only downside is that it's fairly short and it would have been nice to actually have voiced dialogue.

On another note, I dropped Dead Effect 2, and thus removed it from teh backlog as well. Mediocre zombie shooter. Very slow paced, clunky menus and garbage story. Best thing about it is teh loot system.

Edited by voodoo_eyes