Let´s talk about the Trophy list

Xionx

52 minutes ago, EstebanFox said:

You guys reckon there's going to be DLC's? (the list is going to expand) what's the developer history with dlc trophies?, don't know if I should buy it now or wait for a GOTY (complete) edition... 

Yes, the Deluxe Edition comes with the season pass and in the PS Store it says "a season pass to unlock three pieces of DLC containing extra missions, story, and a PS4 avatar.", so expect DLC trophies coming from those extra missions. (possibly)

I will most likely play this game on an alt account as you can get trophies co op. I really dislike it when trophies can be achieved that way as it significantly decreases the difficulty for the player. I can't be bothered with a 20-30% platinum ratings because of it. I know that DS has a more hardcore fanbase and that is why the rating are higher, I recognize it as a factor. Looking forward to playing the game, of course.

Edited by Starflakes

On 2/1/2017 at 5:46 AM, Starflakes said:

I will most likely play this game on an alt account as you can get trophies co op. I really dislike it when trophies can be achieved that way as it significantly decreases the difficulty for the player. I can't be bothered with a 20-30% platinum ratings because of it. I know that DS has a more hardcore fanbase and that is why the rating are higher, I recognize it as a factor. Looking forward to playing the game, of course.

This statement makes no sense to me. If you "can't be bothered", why play (or plat) it at all (alt account or otherwise)?

Anyway, I was pretty cold toward the beta, but the reviews have been pretty solid so far, so I might yet rethink it. I have no idea if the trophies are hard or not, because I haven't played the game. However, I prefer game-based trophies to random, challenge-based ones, so I'm liking the list as I understand it.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

This statement makes no sense to me. If you "can't be bothered", why play (or plat) it at all (alt account or otherwise)?

Anyway, I was pretty cold toward the beta, but the reviews have been pretty solid so far, so I might yet rethink it. I have no idea if the trophies are hard or not, because I haven't played the game. However, I prefer game-based trophies to random, challenge-based ones, so I'm liking the list as I understand it.

It's because I chose to keep my account with games that are relatively challenging to get and it shows in the percentages. As I stated, I do look forward to playing this game. But considering I like to maintain more rare platinum trophies or games that are simply my favourites, I choose to play it on an account where I do not hunt trophies. I just really, really dislike games that are considered difficult but can be decreased in difficulty significantly. 

• Like 1

Difficult to say how hard, or time consuming, a few of the trophies might be, but generally speaking it looks like a fairly simple and straightforward Plat.   I hope that's not reflective of the final game, the recent trial was way too easy.  Kind of missing the alpha with tougher stamina management, no circling with lock-on and proper weapon/armour durability.   Hope I'm wrong, but other than that, Nioh is a lot of fun to play regardless.   

I'm trying to rush Tales of Berseria. but Nioh will take priority when it's out. this quarter is stacked for me.

I have Tales to beat. RE 7 speed run. Nioh. wife has Horizon Zero Dawn. then Nier Automata, Mass Effect, Persona 5. Yooka if it's good reviews. and South Park if it comes in q1.

damn. I'm swamped.

5 hours ago, Starflakes said:

It's because I chose to keep my account with games that are relatively challenging to get and it shows in the percentages. As I stated, I do look forward to playing this game. But considering I like to maintain more rare platinum trophies or games that are simply my favourites, I choose to play it on an account where I do not hunt trophies. I just really, really dislike games that are considered difficult but can be decreased in difficulty significantly. 

I see. So, it's not so much that you don't want to play the game, but rather that you don't want it to show up on your main account. Gotcha...

On 2/3/2017 at 3:00 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

I'm trying to rush Tales of Berseria. but Nioh will take priority when it's out. this quarter is stacked for me.

Same here. Berseria seems like it's never going to end taking me back through places I've already been before. I think I can get the storyline done before Nioh but the Platinum will have to wait.

I see several here saying this list looks easy but I would bet some of the later Twilight Missions (if they are required) will be quite difficult and/or require a lot of grinding.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Same here. Berseria seems like it's never going to end taking me back through places I've already been before. I think I can get the storyline done before Nioh but the Platinum will have to wait.

I see several here saying this list looks easy but I would bet some of the later Twilight Missions (if they are required) will be quite difficult and/or require a lot of grinding.

I've been extremely sick the past 4 weeks. cold and high body temperature.  so I haven't been gaming at all. with Nioh out Tuesday I won't beat Tales I'm 2 days. I'm only 6 hours in lol. but once Nioh is out, Nier comes after. Horizon will be out soon. Mass Effect Andromeda and then Persona 5. even Yooka Laylee  (looks fun lol), so Berseria is either stuck on backlog or a game I casually play when I'm on a break from Nioh difficulty or something.

I remember when I got Zesteria it took me a long time to pick it back up. but I did rush it in a week or so once I did.

and if South Park is out Q1 still I'll have that to play too...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I've been extremely sick the past 4 weeks. cold and high body temperature.  so I haven't been gaming at all. with Nioh out Tuesday I won't beat Tales I'm 2 days. I'm only 6 hours in lol. but once Nioh is out, Nier comes after. Horizon will be out soon. Mass Effect Andromeda and then Persona 5. even Yooka Laylee  (looks fun lol), so Berseria is either stuck on backlog or a game I casually play when I'm on a break from Nioh difficulty or something.

I remember when I got Zesteria it took me a long time to pick it back up. but I did rush it in a week or so once I did.

and if South Park is out Q1 still I'll have that to play too...

Yeah, I'm getting most of the games you mentioned as well. I recently crossed the 60 hour mark in Berseria and I believe I only have a bit more to go to finish the story. You can get through it a lot quicker though if you skip the optional skits. I've watched every one so that's really added to my time. I am super hyped for Nioh though so ToB is definitely going on hold whether I'm done or not come Monday evening.

• Like 1

Threads like this are always funny, with people saying how easy a trophy list looks based on absolutely nothing. It's 100% impossible to tell how difficult a trophy like "Complete all missions" is without... you know... actually seeing those missions. Saying that it looks easy because it doesn't explicitly say "defeat the two hardest bosses in the game at the same time without using co-op" in the trophy list is ridiculous.

Oh, and wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what one of the missions is. Defeating the two hardest bosses in the game at the same time without using co-op.

This is going to be a rare plat.

• Like 1

The Powerpyx guide is up, and it says it's a 9/10 difficulty. (http://www.powerpyx.com/nioh-trophy-guide-roadmap/)

I won't be playing (I love Dark Souls, but something about this game just doesn't click with me), but I'm actually curious to see how rare this plat is gonna be.

Either way, I wish all who attempt it good luck :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Threads like this are always funny, with people saying how easy a trophy list looks based on absolutely nothing. It's 100% impossible to tell how difficult a trophy like "Complete all missions" is without... you know... actually seeing those missions. Saying that it looks easy because it doesn't explicitly say "defeat the two hardest bosses in the game at the same time without using co-op" in the trophy list is ridiculous.

Oh, and wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what one of the missions is. Defeating the two hardest bosses in the game at the same time without using co-op.

I doubt this game will be that rare of a platinum. While difficulty is obviously subjective, I'd argue this game is not as hard as it could have been. This game has been modified so heavily in terms of difficulty since the alpha/beta. Anyone who is competent at a hack n slash game and has the ability to learn from their mistakes will not find this game difficult.

The mission you're also referring to isn't that difficult as by the time you reach that point you'll have some good gear and skills to boost your stats and abilities. You'll know how to play the game properly once you reach that point unless someone carried you through previous bosses.

Besides, how would you know it's the hardest mission when you haven't even played the game yet? 

Edited by Meepy-

5 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Sorry but there is a huge different between "it looks easy" and "the list is easy" . You know this threads are here to speculate and hear opinions. If you look for real difficult rating than this threads are wrong place. Ofcouse no one can say how hard or easy a game is without playing it or knowing anything about most parts of the game. But this was never the purpose of this threads. Specially when Trophy list goes live 2 weeks before release.

Sure when game is out and people start to play it you can discuss here about difficulty and stuff like that.

Not ridiculous in my opinion to have a nice thread with nice talk about speculations and other opinions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

The Powerpyx guide is up, and it says it's a 9/10 difficulty. (http://www.powerpyx.com/nioh-trophy-guide-roadmap/)

I won't be playing (I love Dark Souls, but something about this game just doesn't click with me), but I'm actually curious to see how rare this plat is gonna be.

Either way, I wish all who attempt it good luck :)

""Some of the endgame side quests are extremely challenging because you must fight two bosses at the same time (and the reason why I rate this platinum 9/10 difficulty. Especially because you cannot play these missions in co-op until both players have beaten them solo).""

thank you Team Ninja. This is what I wanted and what I would love to be in Dark Souls/Bloodborne, it would void those ah is too easy when most players, summon a npc or the help of others. My fate is restored and I can't wait to grab my copy on Friday :D

13 minutes ago, jamiedanger87 said:

Can anyone confirm yet if all Twilight missions are necessary? If they change daily as it seems, then I don't know how you'd manage to do all of them. 

They're really fun and challenging, just logistically it seems like it'd be hard to track. 

There's a checkmark on them when you complete them.  It appears they just cycle upwards in level and then repeat. There's also only like 9 of them.