Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

10 minutes ago, The Titan said:

I mean Gal Gun 2 is on Switch. So then Senran Kagura should also be on it. Senran Kagura is available in Japan on the switch. But I don't want to order an 80 dollar shipment of SK from Japan to USA. I'm glad there's no such thing called region lock on Switch but damn.

I forgot about Gal Gun 2. But isn't the SK game on Switch (in Japan) just a spin off that doesn't have much in the way of gameplay? I'd rather see the Vita and/or 3DS games remastered for Switch.

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I played a bit of Diablo 3 on PS4 but it didn't draw me in. I might try it again on Switch. It sounds like a very good port, with offline play, local co-op, single/multi-Switch options, etc.

My brother-in-law played a lot on PC and he's said he wants to come over to co-op the entire thing if I'm getting it, so that's as good a recommendation as I need I guess.

I also saw this: https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-new-super-mario-bros-u-coming-to-switch-with-new-super-luigi-u/

Yes it's just a rumor, but I have mixed feelings if it's true. A 2D Mario makes sense, in the gap between Odyssey and whatever is next, but I would rather see a new 2D Mario game (although again, porting makes sense due to the lower resources required, and the increased audience that never had a Wii U). Also, Super Mario 3D World is a better game than any of the NSMB games. But is a psuedo-3D Mario game, and it is probably too soon to release it with Odyssey still being relatively new.

I'm actively disinterested in New Bros games on the Switch. I'd get them eventually but not until there's a severe price cut.

I wouldn't mind 3D World, mostly because I got 3D Land for free with the 3DS and I liked it more than I thought I would.

18 hours ago, The Titan said:

I hope Senran Kagura games are coming to the switch 

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

That is probably the final barrier Nintendo needs to overcome to show everyone that the Switch is NOT only for "family-friendly" games. :pimp:

Yeah... From now on, every time anyone says some game is too mature for Nintendo or that Nintendo is too kiddy, I'm just going to remind everyone that I took this screenshot on my Switch from a game I'm playing right now, uncensored:

Spoiler

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Ash Williams
typo
  • Like 2

Finally got through Captain Toad!

Well, I defeated the final boss. I 100%ed the first two books and about half of the third book (no speedruns though, I'm ignoring those when I talk about 100% in this game), but at the end I got impatient with my playstyle (100%ing a level before moving on to the next) so I just went straight for the boss. I'll go back for the 100% though.

I also tried the demo of Valkyria Chronicles 4, and I liked it.

1 hour ago, Ash Williams said:

Well, I just pre-ordered my first retail Switch game in over a year.

9200000094562567.jpg

As I said before, the only reason I have for buying physical games day one is if there's either a sale and/or a cool collector's edition. Valkyria Chronicles 4 has the latter.

Nice! I seriously considered getting the collector's edition but I went with standard in the end. I would love the artbook, but I can't justify the extra cost for the tank statue that I have no room to display. I wish there were a "Deluxe" edition without the tank.

I read somewhere that the Switch might be getting VC1 also, but in case you didn't know, it's also available on PS3 and PS4.

15 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

Yeah... From now on, every time anyone says some game is too mature for Nintendo or that Nintendo is too kiddy, I'm just going to remind everyone that I took this screenshot on my Switch from a game I'm playing right now, uncensored:

Reveal hidden contents

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Wow, that's certainly South Park humor, all right. #NotForMe

Also, for clarification, I was referring to Senran Kagura being a series that could shut up the misinformed "Nintendo is for kids" crowd. I do know it's not just for kids. :)

Diablo III is awesome and what I've played of the console releases was a great time.

If it didn't make so much more sense to play it on PC (that's where my Diablo gaming buddies are)... I'd definitely prefer the console releases.  Tons of fun playing local coop when I tried it, and the gamepad controls are great.  Disappointed and befuddled they wouldn't find a way to work them into the PC version.

I'm sure the game on the Switch will kick ass too.

Edited by Dreakon13

20 hours ago, The Titan said:

I mean Gal Gun 2 is on Switch. So then Senran Kagura should also be on it. Senran Kagura is available in Japan on the switch. But I don't want to order an 80 dollar shipment of SK from Japan to USA. I'm glad there's no such thing called region lock on Switch but damn.

We got Senran Kagura Burst and Senran Kagura 2 on 3DS and we're getting 2 SK spinoffs for Switch. I don't think Nintendo opposes to having the games published on their platforms. Maybe Marvelous is testing the waters with the spinoffs first to see if there's audience for the main series' games in the west?

Personally I don't care for the direction they went with the 3D musou style. I prefer the side-scrolling gameplay in Burst.

It's definitely not going to be winning Game of the Year, not against the heavyweights (God of War, Spiderman, Red Dead 2), but I swear to god it's a better Final Fantasy VI than Final Fantasy VI. And I never thought a game would make me say those words. The game is goddamn special.

CpIdVGy.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's definitely not going to be winning Game of the Year, not against the heavyweights (God of War, Spiderman, Red Dead 2), but I swear to god it's a better Final Fantasy VI than Final Fantasy VI. And I never thought a game would make me say those words. The game is goddamn special.

CpIdVGy.jpg

I haven't played it (tried the demo, it's not for me), a common complaint I've heard is that the storyilines don't intersect or meet at all.

I think it's weird that a snoozefest like the last God Of War got such great reviews, let alone that it's being considered as GOTY by several people. I think it shows just how lacking 2018 has been in great titles.

For my personal GOTY, I have high hopes for Starlink. I know I'll enjoy Assassin's Creed Odyssey, HITMAN 2 and Red Dead Redemption II a bunch, but I doubt those games will mix things up enough for me to be wowed.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:58 PM, Ash Williams said:

I thought DOOM Eternal was an upcoming VR game... So it's just the regular 'DOOM 2' then?

I might play it but I think I'd do this kind of stuff on PS4 Pro retail; playing through it once then selling it on again.

It's pronounced Doom: E-two-nal

On 8/14/2018 at 2:02 AM, Ash Williams said:

I played through Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon, finally took the time for the last three stages.

Already gushed about this a couple of times so I'll keep it short: well made game, cool retro Castlevania game in a time when Konami doesn't know what to do with the franchise (or any of their other franchises, for that matter), and nice littlw warm-up for Ritual Of The Night.

Heck yeah dude. How good was COTM, bit short but tbh so were the originals in retrospect. I been playing through Castlevania 2 GB on my BlackBerry a bit lately, getting pretty amped for Ritual. - Had to erase the word Symphony again, I keep calling it that, but then, it's far from a bad thing to be confused with Symphony of the Night.

On 8/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, The Titan said:

I'm worried that Nintendo Switch will stop getting 3rd party support. Due to hardware limitations. 

Assuming you mean AAA third party, it never had too much to begin with. Outside of the excellent Mario Rabbids, you got a watered down FIFA, a god awful WWE, a decent NBA 2K, a remaster of an old ass Rockstar game, Wolf 2 (probably the best of the things listed so far) half a year late, and now Diablo 3 coming years late, only now are we starting to actually REALLY get into it. Starlink with exclusive content, Doom 2 day one (supposedly), Spyro looks more and more like it will be revealed in the September direct and so on. If anything, the Switch is looking even better than ever at this point, and who knows what may get revealed at the September Direct that looks all but confirmed at this point, but then, we've been wrong before I suppose. Anyway, now is the time to get amped either way, not a time for fear.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:38 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I also saw this: https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-new-super-mario-bros-u-coming-to-switch-with-new-super-luigi-u/

Yes it's just a rumor, but I have mixed feelings if it's true. A 2D Mario makes sense, in the gap between Odyssey and whatever is next, but I would rather see a new 2D Mario game (although again, porting makes sense due to the lower resources required, and the increased audience that never had a Wii U). Also, Super Mario 3D World is a better game than any of the NSMB games. But is a psuedo-3D Mario game, and it is probably too soon to release it with Odyssey still being relatively new.

When I first heard that rumour maybe a week ago, people referred to it as the New Super Mario Bros Collection and I was like, fuck yeah, the DS one remastered, the 3DS one I never played, the Wii one in HD, the Wii U one + Luigi, sweet. I'd throw down 60/70 odd on that without a second thought.

Then I realized they meant just NSMBU+Luigi and I'm like, that ain't a fucking collection. Thankfully, everyone stopped addressing it as such seemingly instantly and we're good.

In any case, I never got around to playing the Wii U version. I played the DS one, absolutely adored it way back when, I even remember playing a demo of it in store before it came out and when Mario got huge and just stomped the level for the first time I shit my pants, it was so cool. But then supposedly every game since has been basically just that, but more of it. I had the Wii version for a bit, but sold it for a profit after maybe 20 minutes playing so.

Anyway, I never played the Wii U one, and right now it's 50 at retail under the Nintendo Classics banner, and 50 digitally under the same thing. If it does happen, and it drops at the standard 60ish day one price at retail on Switch, and (supposedly) will be coming with some new content too, then that's an absolute no brainer for me, I have been hoping for a Switch NSMB since before launch tbh. Would have LOVED a collection of the whole series in HD but oh well.

Got Octopath Traveler: Traveler's Compendium Edition yesterday.

I was interested in the popup book but it is so terribly designed it's pretty difficult to even look at it. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to attach the book to the massive collector's box that prevents the pages from staying open on their own. Thought the collector's coin was missing from the packaging because it had slid somewhere between the layers of the packaging. Really bad packaging design! I thought the book was separate inside the collector box. The box takes way too much space in my bookshelf so I had to stash it behind my other game artbooks which is a shame because it looks really nice.

I hope I'll like the game. At least the first demo was very promising and I loved Bravely Default which was made by the same team apparently.

I'm curious how many of those games I will already own on any other platform. There were a few cases where a Switch-port was announced shortly after buying the game on PC or PlayStation. xD

Nonetheless I'm excited to see if there's anything that triggers the "I WANT THIS NOW"-feeling. I hope that one of the games is a Mighty Switch Force-collection. :D

The internet says that it will be an Indie Direct, so not really what I want from Nintendo. I'm still hopeful that Smash isn't going to be their only game at Christmas, but if nothing else gets announced during Gamescom, I guess that's it. Would gladly take more Wii U Mario ports (Super Mario 3D World or Mario Maker) or Odyssey DLC. Even a new New Super Mario Bros (or port of the U games).

Not that I don't have more than enough games already, but I fucking love Mario and would like to finally see what Metroid Prime 4 looks like! :D

edit:

Here it is:

Edited by soniq

On 20/08/2018 at 2:07 PM, soniq said:

The internet says that it will be an Indie Direct

That's what I mean with Nindie Direct :) it's what Nintendo (and by now many others) call the indie games available on Nintendo platforms.

so not really what I want from Nintendo. I'm still hopeful that Smash isn't going to be their only game at Christmas, but if nothing else gets announced during Gamescom, I guess that's it. Would gladly take more Wii U Mario ports (Super Mario 3D World or Mario Maker) or Odyssey DLC. Even a new New Super Mario Bros (or port of the U games).

Not that I don't have more than enough games already, but I fucking love Mario and would like to finally see what Metroid Prime 4 looks like! :D

I think Smash and Party are the main year-end games, but I always look forward to a Nindie Direct as well. The February/March one introduced me to West Of Loathing, which I bought day one, and the June one dropped Hollow Knight on us (I might not have the months entirely correct but it doesn't matter for my point so I don't care enough to check).

edit:

Here it is:

Let's see (typing as I watch it through my Switch on the television):

Night Call: maybe. Looks pretty nice.

Monster Boy: hmmm. Reminds me to finish that remake. Did you get through it yet, @MosesRockefeller?

The Gardens Between: looks like Two Brothers but with much more fun gameplay. Going to check its price later.

Streets Of Rogue: definitely not my thing.

Bad North: also not my thing.

Moonlighter: looks to be my thing.

This War Of Mine: got the platinum on the PS4 and I recommend it to all except those that are easily depressed (and don't want to feel that way).

Children Of Morta: looks nice.

Everspace: looks pretty cool. I also have Manticore, I like these kind of games.

Baba Is You: if it's cheap.

Slay The Spire: nope.

Windjammers and Windjammers 2: nope.

Terraria: always said it wasn't for me but if it's on the Switch (small screen, short sessions) then it'll be better for me. I wouldn't have bought Stardew Valley on PS4 either.

Prison Architect: nah.

Morphies Law: nope.

Overall, a decent Direct. No mindblowers, but a couple of titles I'll be actively interested in.

Edited by Ash Williams
Typo. Absolutely didn't accidentally write "Switch" where I meant to write "PS4". If anyone says something to the contrary, it's fake news.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, crauuecrauue said:

Gardens Between, Bad North, and especially Baba is You make me incredibly happy. Would be interested in jumping back into Terraria for Switch, but earlier this year when I tried with the PS4 version they had completely ruined its interface through updates.

Why Baba Is You? From what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be too special.

I agree on The Gardens Between and Bad North is just not my genre.

49 minutes ago, The Titan said:

I wish the switch had a much better activity log. The one on 3ds is much better.

Yup. Also: folders for my games, please. PlayStation spoiled me with being able to group my games, it's very convenient and I want it on the Switch as well since I buy digital and I don't delete games.

I'm surprised that two of the bigger announcements weren't part of the Direct.

A Hat in Time and Grandia 1 and 2 HD Remaster will also come to the Switch. I'm quite surprised about the latter one as Gung Ho only mentioned PC and Switch for the release of Grandia 1 (2 is already available on PC). Grandia 1 was surely an enjoyable JRPG back in the day (never finished it though) but I don't know if I feel like playing it nowadays.

2 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

Yup. Also: folders for my games, please. PlayStation spoiled me with being able to group my games, it's very convenient and I want it on the Switch as well since I buy digital and I don't delete games.

I remember how frustrating it was before PS4 added folders. I think it was a few years in before it got patched in. Let's hope Switch adds that feature sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

A Hat in Time and Grandia 1 and 2 HD Remaster will also come to the Switch. I'm quite surprised about the latter one as Gung Ho only mentioned PC and Switch for the release of Grandia 1 (2 is already available on PC). Grandia 1 was surely an enjoyable JRPG back in the day (never finished it though) but I don't know if I feel like playing it nowadays.

Cool, A Hat in Time looked interesting on PS4, but I would rather play it on the go. I'm not sure about Grandia, so I'll wait for reviews. It's hard for me to get into PS1 and earlier RPGs now.

21 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

Let's see (typing as I watch it through my Switch on the television):

Night Call: maybe. Looks pretty nice.

Monster Boy: hmmm. Reminds me to finish that remake. Did you get through it yet, @MosesRockefeller?

The Gardens Between: looks like Two Brothers but with much more fun gameplay. Going to check its price later.

Streets Of Rogue: definitely not my thing.

Bad North: also not my thing.

Moonlighter: looks to be my thing.

This War Of Mine: got the platinum on the Switch and I recommend it to all except those that are easily depressed (and don't want to feel that way).

Children Of Morta: looks nice.

Everspace: looks pretty cool. I also have Manticore, I like these kind of games.

Baba Is You: if it's cheap.

Slay The Spire: nope.

Windjammers and Windjammers 2: nope.

Terraria: always said it wasn't for me but if it's on the Switch (small screen, short sessions) then it'll be better for me. I wouldn't have bought Stardew Valley on PS4 either.

Prison Architect: nah.

Morphies Law: nope.

Overall, a decent Direct. No mindblowers, but a couple of titles I'll be actively interested in.

Nothing really jumped out at me in the Direct. Everspace was probably the most promising for me. Night Call and The Gardens Between were the runners-up for me. But I'll wait for reviews and feedback on all three of them.

I played Terraria to death on PC when it first came out, and it's a great game. I kind of got sick of it though, after playing it so much. I tried playing it on Vita, PS3, and PS4, but never stuck with it.

By the way, no I have not even launched that Monster Boy game yet. :)

Saints Row 3 is so out of left field. Oh well, day one for me. Get on it already, Rockstar.

Anyway, EB was doing another promotion where you get twice as much trade value so I dumped a bunch of games I got for free a while back and  a few I even paid for and long story short, I turned about 40 bucks into just under 300. You only got the extra value if you traded toward a preorder. Now I have Spider-Man paid off in full, Doom Eternal (Switch, obviously) paid off in full, paid off Spyro (they let me put the money on the Switch version, which means they have the SKU already, which is literal confirmation it's coming, the SKU also wasn't in their system a week or two ago, so here's hoping it will be coming along with the other versions that are now delayed), grabbed Red Dead 2 because I had to order something, honestly couldn't care less tbh about RDR2, I know, I know, I'm a heathen. Also have a tenner down on Dark Souls Switch as it was on their website for just under half the actual RRP a week or two back and 10 bucks was the minimum you needed to reserve it, it was a price glitch and has since been fixed, but my order has still gone through so far (score!) ... and obviously Pokemon is paid off already from forever ago. Throw in the fact I've got the maximum amount allowed on your Switch account, and will get all the NES games in under a month (ish), and I've got way too fucking many games as always.

Profit is good. Bagging out EB / GameStop's trade deals is dumb, you just need to actually only go when they offer an actual deal. Trading in 10 year old FIFA games isn't going to make you a millionaire.

8 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Saints Row 3 is so out of left field. Oh well, day one for me. Get on it already, Rockstar.

Agreed! It's a good choice though. I think it's the best of the SR series (I've played them all except the first one). I'm not sure if I'd get it again. I would be more interested in a port of San Andreas or GTAV. So I'll just echo your sentiment with "your move, Rockstar".

2 hours ago, Paleblood said:

tumblr_m0s79lB5QJ1r2jdrto1_500.gif

Stop claiming I wrote things which I clearly didn't write. Check your facts. Fake news! Sad!

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Cool, A Hat in Time looked interesting on PS4, but I would rather play it on the go. I'm not sure about Grandia, so I'll wait for reviews. It's hard for me to get into PS1 and earlier RPGs now.

I didn't really like the look of A Hat In Time, and I've never played or even seen Grandia.

Weren't the Hat In Time devs the people who said their game was "never" coming to the Switch on Twitter, by the way? Seems like they got a lesson in never saying never.

Nothing really jumped out at me in the Direct. Everspace was probably the most promising for me. Night Call and The Gardens Between were the runners-up for me. But I'll wait for reviews and feedback on all three of them.

I played Terraria to death on PC when it first came out, and it's a great game. I kind of got sick of it though, after playing it so much. I tried playing it on Vita, PS3, and PS4, but never stuck with it.

By the way, no I have not even launched that Monster Boy game yet. :)

Part of that feedback will probably be mine. Unless the day one reviews for Everspace call it terrible and/or its price is too high, I'm probably just jumping in. Both for Everspace and for The Gardens Between.

What did you enjoy about Terraria?

Odds are you'll like Monster Boy more than I do, but for that price I thought it was worth a try.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'll wait until it's€10 or so, if I even buy it at all. I 100%ed it including DLC on the X360, and I bought it again for PS3 after I got rid of my X360.

I'm not sure about Grandia, so I'll wait for reviews. It's hard for me to get into PS1 and earlier RPGs now.

I really enjoyed my time with Grandia 1 when I played it back in 2001 or 2002. Never finished it, though. I was right at the door step to one optional dungeon right at the end of the game and there was any other game I prefered to play at that time so I never finished it. Only downsides I remember from the game were the fact that there's a lot of cut-off points which mean that you can't return to most prior regions after specific points and about half of the cast is only temporary, yet you can use special (and rather rare) items to teach them new spells. But otherwise there's nothing bad about it that comes to my mind. I just hope that put some effort into the remaster because IIRC both characters and the landscape were pixel-based so it could look rather ugly if they don't put much work into it.