Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

@MosesRockefeller that reminds me I have to tell you how The Messenger is.

Even though it's bit-graphics, the devs have put a lot of work into making the game look good. 

I've played the first hour or so, and if we assume a regular difficulty curve, The Messenger won't be harder than Shovel Knight. A bit easier even, it seems.

Played a bit of The Messenger on the PC when I got home from work today.  Feels pretty solid.  I'm digging the chiptune soundtrack.  Seems like a game that'll feel right at home in my Switch collection whenever SpecialReserveGames get around to releasing a physical copy.

38 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

I have been having wifi issues with my Nintendo Switch. Don't get me wrong, I love my Nintendo Switch and I am currently playing Octopath Traveler, but I am wondering if the Switch's firmware (current) has something to do with the Nintendo Switch's Wifi issues?

What kind of issues are you having? I know that my Switch only has a clean connection when I'm close by the router - so living room is never a problem, but I shouldn't expect to see the eShop without problem when I'm in the bedroom, never mind downloading something.

This is an issue I've had since day one, not that it's a real bother most of the time.

Well, I live in a three floored building and my parents recently gave me my own private wifi network. My PS4 and 3DS can connect fine, but somehow, my Switch is having problems connecting to my new private network and I am beginning to think that the Switch's current firmware is to blame here.

On 9/3/2018 at 0:46 PM, nemoflouri said:

When there are only two flat colors, it’s 1-bit. Like old Macs and this year’s early GOTY, Minit1f4ab.png

1-bit, that's even better. No thanks.

19 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I found a way to get better Wi-Fi for my Switch. I did it by turning my laptop into a mobile hotspot and the Wifi works great for my Switch.

I wonder, did the Switch ever connect to the private WiFi network? Was it a problem of dropping the connection, or never connecting in the first place? The Switch does not support Enterprise-type WiFi security. I did not think the 3DS did either. The PS4 might, but I wouldn't know. I use mine with Ethernet and always have. At work, my Switch won't connect to either the "guest" WiFi (which uses a sign-on page) or the regular WiFi which uses my Enterprise Active Directory account and password to authenticate. If I want to connect at work, I have to use a hotspot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/sega_shares_more_details_on_the_original_valkyria_chronicles_release_for_switch

@Ash Williams, Valkyria Chronicles 1 is coming to Switch in October, so you'll have some time with 4 to determine if it's worth getting the original. It includes all DLC (which was really just bonus battles, not story IIRC). The 25% discount is a nice perk, but I think you got the physical Collector's Edition of 4, so you won't qualify.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

18 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/sega_shares_more_details_on_the_original_valkyria_chronicles_release_for_switch

@Ash Williams, Valkyria Chronicles 1 is coming to Switch in October, so you'll have some time with 4 to determine if it's worth getting the original. It includes all DLC (which was really just bonus battles, not story IIRC). The 25% discount is a nice perk, but I think you got the physical Collector's Edition of 4, so you won't qualify.

You know, if it's been eight hours, you're allowed to just make a new post if you want to cut a new subject and you're still the last poster ;)

Cool that they're doing a price cut for people who buy digitally, I like seeing those on the eShop and I think it's a great thing. Seeing as Valkyria Chronicles 1 is already for under €10 on PS4 occasionally (€8 right now actually), I would have waited on a better sale than 25% anyways so I'm not bothered.

I just entered the 16-bit future of The Messenger for the first time, and even though I knew it was coming, it was still very cool to see. Man, did those devs put the effort in. This could be my indie GOTY if it stays this enjoyable up to the end. And @MosesRockefeller, I remain of the opinion that you'd enjoy this game too, seeing as you also enjoyed Shovel Knight in the end. The gameplay is not entirely the same, but I'd actually vote in favour of The Messenger on gameplay as I think its platforming and combat are more fun.

9 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

You know, if it's been eight hours, you're allowed to just make a new post if you want to cut a new subject and you're still the last poster ;)

Cool that they're doing a price cut for people who buy digitally, I like seeing those on the eShop and I think it's a great thing. Seeing as Valkyria Chronicles 1 is already for under €10 on PS4 occasionally (€8 right now actually), I would have waited on a better sale than 25% anyways so I'm not bothered.

I just entered the 16-bit future of The Messenger for the first time, and even though I knew it was coming, it was still very cool to see. Man, did those devs put the effort in. This could be my indie GOTY if it stays this enjoyable up to the end. And @MosesRockefeller, I remain of the opinion that you'd enjoy this game too, seeing as you also enjoyed Shovel Knight in the end. The gameplay is not entirely the same, but I'd actually vote in favour of The Messenger on gameplay as I think its platforming and combat are more fun.

Yeah, yeah. I just hate double-posting. :)

Thanks for the tip about The Messenger. I'm on the last level of the 4th world in Kirby Star Allies, so it's about time for me to start something new (I may go for 100% completion in Star Allies though - I don't have any 100% completions in any Kirby games, and I like the puzzle unlockables, so it seems like as good a choice as any in the series).

Also... a NEW Nintendo Direct is coming tomorrow!

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-06-2018/

That's a lot of Directs in the past month or two! I figure this one will focus on first and non-indie third party games. It also mentions 3DS so some of the time will probably go to the Luigi's Mansion and Mario&Luigi Bowser's Inside Journy ports, and maybe a few surprises. The last two Directs were kind of ho-hum for me, not because I dislike indies (I don't!) but the ones they chose to showcase did not appeal to me. I'm hoping this Direct will have more for me.

While I'm hyping myself up, I might as well throw down the wishlist.

More information about previously announced games:

Starlink Battle for Atlas

Metroid 4!

A new 2D Metroid or port

Anything that isn't Smash Bros

New games that would be awesome to see:

A new Sega game or two, or ports like Valkyria Chronicles 1

A new Ubisoft-Nintendo collaboration along the lines of Mario+Rabbids and Starlink (the latter isn't exclusive but has exclusive content)

More "best of" Wii U ports (which means I'd exclude New Super Mario Bros U :P)

Pikmin 4!

Edited by MosesRockefeller

21 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, yeah. I just hate double-posting. :)

Thanks for the tip about The Messenger. I'm on the last level of the 4th world in Kirby Star Allies, so it's about time for me to start something new (I may go for 100% completion in Star Allies though - I don't have any 100% completions in any Kirby games, and I like the puzzle unlockables, so it seems like as good a choice as any in the series).

Also... a NEW Nintendo Direct is coming tomorrow!

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-06-2018/

That's a lot of Directs in the past month or two! I figure this one will focus on first and non-indie third party games. It also mentions 3DS so some of the time will probably go to the Luigi's Mansion and Mario&Luigi Bowser's Inside Journy ports, and maybe a few surprises. The last two Directs were kind of ho-hum for me, not because I dislike indies (I don't!) but the ones they chose to showcase did not appeal to me. I'm hoping this Direct will have more for me.

While I'm hyping myself up, I might as well throw down the wishlist.

More information about previously announced games:

Starlink Battle for Atlas

Metroid 4!

A new 2D Metroid or port

Anything that isn't Smash Bros

New games that would be awesome to see:

A new Sega game or two, or ports like Valkyria Chronicles 1

A new Ubisoft-Nintendo collaboration along the lines of Mario+Rabbids and Starlink (the latter isn't exclusive but has exclusive content)

More "best of" Wii U ports (which means I'd exclude New Super Mario Bros U :P)

Pikmin 4!

Wouldn't a new Direct probably give more info on online?

I'm already buying Starlink, so I don't need new info on that. But I love the idea of Ubisoft teaming up with Nintendo more in the future. Ubisoft is doing very well right now and I love to see more new IPs from them.

Personally, out of already announced games, I'd like more info on Ace Attorney. Either the new game or the ported collections.

I am wondering about ports of Wii U games for Switch. Man, wouldn't it be awesome for a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X with added and enhanced features? I mean, Elma from that same game got in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so it's safe to say that a XCX Switch port is definately coming.

3 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

Wouldn't a new Direct probably give more info on online?

People are saying Online won't be covered (probably based on the fact that the link specifically mentions "upcoming 3DS and Switch games"), but I guess we'll see. Maybe Nintendo wants to have a special Direct just for Online.

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Please, please, please I hope they port Super Mario Maker. :D

That's an interesting one. Based on the couple of hours I played it, the game made heavy use of the dual-screen aspect of the Wii U (and later the 3DS in the port), so it wouldn't be a simple port. It's probably doable but not easy. Maybe they should make a sequel instead. I'm not creative enough to really get into Super Mario Maker, but I think a port or sequel would sell like crazy on Switch.

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I am wondering about ports of Wii U games for Switch. Man, wouldn't it be awesome for a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X with added and enhanced features? I mean, Elma from that same game got in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so it's safe to say that a XCX Switch port is definately coming.

I like your optimism. Using that logic, Xenoblade 1 is also coming, since two of those characters were in XC2 as DLC. :)

I think ports of both games are fairly likely, but "definitely coming" is definitely optimistic...

17 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

That's an interesting one. Based on the couple of hours I played it, the game made heavy use of the dual-screen aspect of the Wii U (and later the 3DS in the port), so it wouldn't be a simple port. It's probably doable but not easy. Maybe they should make a sequel instead. I'm not creative enough to really get into Super Mario Maker, but I think a port or sequel would sell like crazy on Switch.

Ah, I didn't realize it was reliant on the Wii U dual screen.  Never actually played it since I really didn't have a Wii U, just always wanted to play it. ?

I'll take a sequel. :)

Daddy Dylan's wishlist

Likely:

New Super Mario Bros is back in some form, this year, is not priced *ridiculously*

Finally the other 10 NES games are revealed, Paperboy is one of them fingers crossed

Final Fantasy 7 / 15, either one would be fine. I'll play either on Switch, but no interest anywhere else

Mega Man 9's demo drops at the end of the Direct

Possible:

Saints Row 3 footage / trailer / price / release date / anything

Doom 2 release date 

Shakedown Hawaii is re-revealed, releases in early 2019

Spyro is finally officially announced for the Switch

Fallout 3 or 4 are coming to Switch, again, not a Fallout guy, but I'll give them another try on the Switch

Banjo Kazooie are hitting Smash, I don't care for Smash or Banjo, but I love when shit like that happens for the fans

Warframe is the "one more thing" and is available tomorrow

Unlikely:

GTA V is coming over, or GTA IV, or the PS2 trilogy, just GTA in general...not the first 2 though, don't fuck with me

Nintendo get their shit together and announce N64 and GCN games are coming, other consoles are welcome but them mostly

The recent Turok re-release hits Switch in the near future

Modern Warfare 2 / Black Ops  4 does make the jump to Switch

Yeah fuckin' right:

Nintendo are dropping GCN and N64 tomorrow, online subscribers get NES games and also to pick one GCN/N64 title every 6 months they keep forever

Spider-Man 2 for the GameCube drops tomorrow to steal some of Sony's thunder

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
Forgot about Call of Dooty

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Possible:

Banjo Kazooie are hitting Smash, I don't care for Smash or Banjo, but I love when shit like that happens for the fans

No chance. Banjo's rights are with Microsoft and I don't see them going soft. Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day were never even on Virtual Console so I doubt Nintendo would even have the rights to publish a straight-up ROM.

Would be cool, though, but I think Yooka-Laylee is as close as we're going to get.

I've played through Nihilumbra. Nice little game. I'm also farther in Banner Saga 3, The Messenger and L.A. Noire now.

Update: Nintendo has delayed their Direct because of a big earthquake hitting Japan.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/nintendo_direct_delayed_due_to_powerful_earthquake_in_hokkaido

Edited by Ash Williams

9 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

No chance. Banjo's rights are with Microsoft and I don't see them going soft. Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day were never even on Virtual Console so I doubt Nintendo would even have the rights to publish a straight-up ROM.

Would be cool, though, but I think Yooka-Laylee is as close as we're going to get.

Update: Nintendo has delayed their Direct because of a big earthquake hitting Japan.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/nintendo_direct_delayed_due_to_powerful_earthquake_in_hokkaido

Microshaft and Nintendont have been a bit buddy buddy lately, more than any time recently... if they *really* wanted to hammer the cross company stuff home, shoving those guys in Smash would be just about the best thing they could do.

Bugger. Figures, first time we get one at a reasonable time (all previous ones have been 2 or 3am here, this one was 8am) they delay it. I was also proper amped as I was gonna watch it in the morning at 8, then head off and grab Spidey when they open at 9. It all fit together so damn well! :'(

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Likely:

Final Fantasy 7 / 15, either one would be fine. I'll play either on Switch, but no interest anywhere else

Have there been rumors/teases of these Final Fantasy games coming to the Switch that makes it a likely announcement?  Not that I'm terribly interested, since I've got my fill on the Playstation consoles... but it feels like a long shot.  Especially 15.

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Have there been rumors/teases of these Final Fantasy games coming to the Switch that makes it a likely announcement?  Not that I'm terribly interested, since I've got my fill on the Playstation consoles... but it feels like a long shot.  Especially 15.

There's been rumours forever, but what pushed it into being quite believable for me, is that Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was caught on the PS4 store yesterday, sync the timing of that up with the Direct, and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if / when XV Pocket hits Switch, along with the other big boys. My thinking is it's coming REAL soon, and Nintendo were gonna be the ones to announce it in this Direct.

As for 7, that's just more rumours and wishful thinking, but Square has been quite supportive of Switch so far, and has not only shoved a LOT of the old games on a LOT of platforms, but also is said to be working on bringing their back catalogue to even MORE platforms coming up soon, 7 being the one that gets it's dick sucked the most, not a crazy idea to see it eventually land on the Switch. Of course, there's nothing solid, or even slightly solid, pointing to that beyond rumours and Square's apparent desire to continue making money off old games, but XV I'd almost say is a sure thing at this point. The timing of that leak is just too much of a coincidence for me, but hey, I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

There's been rumours forever, but what pushed it into being quite believable for me, is that Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was caught on the PS4 store yesterday, sync the timing of that up with the Direct, and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if / when XV Pocket hits Switch, along with the other big boys. My thinking is it's coming REAL soon, and Nintendo were gonna be the ones to announce it in this Direct.

As for 7, that's just more rumours and wishful thinking, but Square has been quite supportive of Switch so far, and has not only shoved a LOT of the old games on a LOT of platforms, but also is said to be working on bringing their back catalogue to even MORE platforms coming up soon, 7 being the one that gets it's dick sucked the most, not a crazy idea to see it eventually land on the Switch. Of course, there's nothing solid, or even slightly solid, pointing to that beyond rumours and Square's apparent desire to continue making money off old games, but XV I'd almost say is a sure thing at this point. The timing of that leak is just too much of a coincidence for me, but hey, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think XV Pocket Edition is almost a sure thing for Switch. 7 is a safe bet, BUT Square could easily go the lazy route and port the original version (like they recently did to PS4) instead of the upcoming remaster/remake.

I still haven't started FF XV... I wonder if I should hold out for the Pocket Edition and try that? As long as it feels like a Switch game and not just a stripped-down mobile port (which obviously it actually is), I'm down.