Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It really is a preference, especially depending on which one you played first. Mario 3 is a fantastic game overall

I'm absolutely loving it. Here's hoping they shove Super Mario 2 on there as well, it's the only one I don't own. I've owned 3 for ages in multiple ways (3 or 4 clone consoles, and on 3DS VC via Club Nintendo) but never gave it more than 5 or 10 as it just didn't grab me that much. 

The over world, the little mini room things on the map, the "random encounters", visuals, music, power ups, level design, all of it, really just feels like a demake of New Super Mario Bros on DS in all the best ways. I LOVE the first NSMB, only Odyssey rivals it for my favorite Mario title, and this one feels just like an 8 bit version of that game in every way, and that is dope. 

tbh I'm enjoying SMB3 so much I might just skip NSMBUD's Switch release in January... or it will hype me up enough to buy it for more, who knows.

• Like 1

Just now, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm absolutely loving it. Here's hoping they shove Super Mario 2 on there as well, it's the only one I don't own. I've owned 3 for ages in multiple ways (3 or 4 clone consoles, and on 3DS VC via Club Nintendo) but never gave it more than 5 or 10 as it just didn't grab me that much. 

The over world, the little mini room things on the map, the "random encounters", visuals, music, power ups, level design, all of it, really just feels like a demake of New Super Mario Bros on DS in all the best ways. I LOVE the first NSMB, only Odyssey rivals it for my favorite Mario title, and this one feels just like an 8 bit version of that game in every way, and that is dope. 

tbh I'm enjoying SMB3 so much I might just skip NSMBUD's Switch release in January... or it will hype me up enough to buy it for more, who knows.

I'm usually flipping on which one I love more as the years go by between Mario 3 and Mario World.

It would be a great idea if they added Mario 2, especially for the music too, the overworld theme is so good 

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I wasn't gonna bother renewing my Xbox Gold which expires in a couple weeks, I just found it on sale through CDKeys, a year of Gold for 35.59.

Not to steer too far off topic, but I was looking to renew my Xbox Live Gold for the year as cheap as possible (it's the only console I actually game online with so it's the only membership I'm willing to maintain).  Says 45.99 for me on CDKeys, probably less if I try the Facebook thing.  Does the price change often, should I keep an eye on it for a little while?  And is CDKeys trustworthy?

Are there any other sites I could check?

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Sounds like a fun game I could like. Thanks for your impressions on it! I've enjoyed stress-free, laid-back games as well as some weirder games that dare to deviate from the norm (Kirby Star Allies, Hohokum, Journey, Flower...). I might get Wandersong soon once I finish playing Pokémon HeartGold on 3DS.

I think Kirby is actually less laid-back than Wandersong. Journey is kinda serene but Flower and Hohokum kinda come close, though Wandersong also has a fair dose of humour.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm usually flipping on which one I love more as the years go by between Mario 3 and Mario World.

It would be a great idea if they added Mario 2, especially for the music too, the overworld theme is so good 

Personally I just love the All-Stars set on the SNES, with much better looking and sounding versions of SMB1 to SMB3. I really enjoy Super Mario World, but on hindsight it seems that World was the moment where thw Mario series started favouring different playtypes over actual platforming difficulty, and I enjoyed the series more when there was more challenge overall to them instead of just at the extra levels.

3 minutes ago, Spawn said:

I think Kirby is actually less laid-back than Wandersong. Journey is kinda serene but Flower and Hohokum kinda come close, though Wandersong also has a fair dose of humour.

Personally I just love the All-Stars set on the SNES, with much better looking and sounding versions of SMB1 to SMB3. I really enjoy Super Mario World, but on hindsight it seems that World was the moment where thw Mario series started favouring different playtypes over actual platforming difficulty, and I enjoyed the series more when there was more challenge overall to them instead of just at the extra levels.

That's how I feel about all of the newer Mario games, they're way too easy, especially starting with the ds game.

59 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Not to steer too far off topic, but I was looking to renew my Xbox Live Gold for the year as cheap as possible (it's the only console I actually game online with so it's the only membership I'm willing to maintain).  Says 45.99 for me on CDKeys, probably less if I try the Facebook thing.  Does the price change often, should I keep an eye on it for a little while?  And is CDKeys trustworthy?

Yeah, cdkeys is trustworthy, I bought a plus card from there before 

8 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Xbox stuff

Here dude, still showing 35.59 for me. 

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil ... Xbox has no region locks on accounts as you may or may not know, meaning even though this says Brazil, you can just change your settings to Brasil, throw the code on, then go back to your normal home country's settings. As for price changes, they do put up deals every now and then but aside from the odd thing they don't usually fluctuate *too* much outside of actual sales.

I trust them. I've used them here and there since 2016 when I got my Xbox. I haven't bought a tonne of things, but I have bought AC Unity 4 different times (I'll explain in a sec), Halo MCC, this year of Gold, 20 USD PSN vouchers during a sale for my alt account, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting

If you wanna test out if they're trust worthy, go buy Assassin's Creed Unity from them. It's 1.79 at the moment, I got mine for 3.50 odd mid-2016 when they started selling it, the game didn't do so well and basically they ended up with a metric shitload of the codes that were meant to be packed in with new consoles, so it's been floating around the 2 buck mark for a couple years now. It's even hit 80 odd cents a few times on sales, they include a copy of it with a lot of other purchases too like PUBG and the sort, buy that and see how you do. Should be emailed to you pretty quick, my Gold code was in my inbox before I even closed the tab.

As for other sites, I don't really venture out to too many, 99.999% of my digital stuff is just bought on the digital stores, I can however, say AVOID GamesDeal. I got a year of Gold through them once and the code didn't work, said it had been used. Had to contact Microsoft, who sent me the date of it's original activation and everything, and then I sent that through to GD and eventually they finally sent me a new one. Apparently this has happened to a lot of other people too. CDK have never steered me, or anyone I know who uses them, wrong though.

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I also have Mario World on Wii U's VC but never gave it too much time either as it just kinda struck me as a bigger version of SMB3, which like I said, I've never given any real time until today. 2018 is the year of Mario catchup for me, I finally finished SML on GB, bought and finished 3D Land when it hit Nintendo Selects, rented 3D World for a bit, clocked SMBD for GBC, finished SMB in one sitting for the first time (with save states still, I'm a pussy), and now, finally played SMB3. Also since no one seems to like SMB2, it's never been in any of my clone consoles so I never had a chance to play it, as a kiddo of 8 or so years old I got a clone console with "12000" games in it on a plug and play knock off 64 controller, with an attachable Mega Drive controller and light gun. I was playing the crap out of Balloon Fight, Duck Hunt, Super Mario, DK, and so on, so despite being a youngin' I can still say without being entirely full of shit, that I grew up playing these games and have them nostalgias for them. This is too long and over the place, sorry. Point being, I've never had Super Mario 2 land in my lap and Nintendo's Online should be the thing to change that.

7 hours ago, Spawn said:

Am I tripping, or did All-Stars have better models and visuals and whatnot for the first 3 games in some areas? Because I've seen footage of it running with SNES style sprites and it looks like a fan made remake or something it's that different. I had the All-Stars Wii disc and I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I really think it was just the original games on there. What's the dealio? Yes, I could Google it, but I miss you and want to talk :'(

Also I agree with preferring actual difficulty, but I will never stop loving the OG NSMB. Seeing giant Mario stomp the world for the first time was sweeeeet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Xbox stuff

Hide contents

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil ... Xbox has no region locks on accounts as you may or may not know, meaning even though this says Brazil, you can just change your settings to Brasil, throw the code on, then go back to your normal home country's settings. As for price changes, they do put up deals every now and then but aside from the odd thing they don't usually fluctuate *too* much outside of actual sales.

I trust them. I've used them here and there since 2016 when I got my Xbox. I haven't bought a tonne of things, but I have bought AC Unity 4 different times (I'll explain in a sec), Halo MCC, this year of Gold, 20 USD PSN vouchers during a sale for my alt account, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting

If you wanna test out if they're trust worthy, go buy Assassin's Creed Unity from them. It's 1.79 at the moment, I got mine for 3.50 odd mid-2016 when they started selling it, the game didn't do so well and basically they ended up with a metric shitload of the codes that were meant to be packed in with new consoles, so it's been floating around the 2 buck mark for a couple years now. It's even hit 80 odd cents a few times on sales, they include a copy of it with a lot of other purchases too like PUBG and the sort, buy that and see how you do. Should be emailed to you pretty quick, my Gold code was in my inbox before I even closed the tab.

As for other sites, I don't really venture out to too many, 99.999% of my digital stuff is just bought on the digital stores, I can however, say AVOID GamesDeal. I got a year of Gold through them once and the code didn't work, said it had been used. Had to contact Microsoft, who sent me the date of it's original activation and everything, and then I sent that through to GD and eventually they finally sent me a new one. Apparently this has happened to a lot of other people too. CDK have never steered me, or anyone I know who uses them, wrong though.

That's awesome man.  Lots of great info there.  Thanks.

On topic:

I bought Golf Story for Switch on Limited Run Games yesterday.  Pre-order is up now for the next two weeks or so I think, for people interested in the game and/or physical copies.

Edited by Dreakon13

41 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Xbox stuff

Reveal hidden contents

I also have Mario World on Wii U's VC but never gave it too much time either as it just kinda struck me as a bigger version of SMB3, which like I said, I've never given any real time until today. 2018 is the year of Mario catchup for me, I finally finished SML on GB, bought and finished 3D Land when it hit Nintendo Selects, rented 3D World for a bit, clocked SMBD for GBC, finished SMB in one sitting for the first time (with save states still, I'm a pussy), and now, finally played SMB3. Also since no one seems to like SMB2, it's never been in any of my clone consoles so I never had a chance to play it, as a kiddo of 8 or so years old I got a clone console with "12000" games in it on a plug and play knock off 64 controller, with an attachable Mega Drive controller and light gun. I was playing the crap out of Balloon Fight, Duck Hunt, Super Mario, DK, and so on, so despite being a youngin' I can still say without being entirely full of shit, that I grew up playing these games and have them nostalgias for them. This is too long and over the place, sorry. Point being, I've never had Super Mario 2 land in my lap and Nintendo's Online should be the thing to change that.

Am I tripping, or did All-Stars have better models and visuals and whatnot for the first 3 games in some areas? Because I've seen footage of it running with SNES style sprites and it looks like a fan made remake or something it's that different. I had the All-Stars Wii disc and I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I really think it was just the original games on there. What's the dealio? Yes, I could Google it, but I miss you and want to talk :'(

Also I agree with preferring actual difficulty, but I will never stop loving the OG NSMB. Seeing giant Mario stomp the world for the first time was sweeeeet.

I would definitely recommend super Mario land 2, it's pretty short, but it's really great for what it was. Too bad wario land from the virtual boy will likely never get released again

On 9/29/2018 at 7:58 AM, Spawn said:

As far as I know, one joy-con a player, and multiple players always used to be one controller each because you're playing minigames at the same time even if the board game is in turns. Of course, you could be doing only solo/2P minigames in turns, but seeing as you have a wife and kid who occasionally game, I'd say Super Mario Party would be the moment for you to buy an extra set of joy-cons. Mario Party games are very cheery and fun safe games with short minigames that always explain what you're about to do and even give the option to do a try-out (unless they changed this).

Thanks for the into. I figured that buying more Joy-cons was going to come up eventually. I have 4 Wiimotes so it's only natural that I'll eventually get more Joy-cons. TIme to look for some deals. 

Also, on a side note, your Collector's Edition of Valkyria Chronicles 4 came with the Joy-con skins, right? My non-Collector's physical version came with them, I think they look cool but I like having the red and blue Joy-cons color-coded (which will be even more valuable when I get another pair). I think I'll leave the skins off for now at least. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

57 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the into. I figured that buying more Joy-cons was going to come up eventually. I have 4 Wiimotes so it's only natural that I'll eventually get more Joy-cons. TIme to look for some deals. 

It all depends on when you expect to play with others. I bought some extra joy-cons right away, we used them mostly for Mario Kart but even at the launch we already did some multiplayer Snipperclips here.

57 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, on a side note, your Collector's Edition of Valkyria Chronicles 4 came with the Joy-con skins, right? My non-Collector's physical version came with them, I think they look cool but I like having the red and blue Joy-cons color-coded (which will be even more valuable when I get another pair). I think I'll leave the skins off for now at least. 

... Nope, EU got just a regular sticker, only NA got the skin.

https://nintendosoup.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-arrives-this-september-launch-edition-revealed/amp/

I'd be pissed, but, well, I'm never using the joy-cons in the grip anyway since I have a pro controller, and all our multiplayer is doable on separate joy-cons.

By the way, I finished the main levels of Velocity 2X. It's a well-done port, here's hoping we get a sequel.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:08 AM, Spawn said:

It all depends on when you expect to play with others. I bought some extra joy-cons right away, we used them mostly for Mario Kart but even at the launch we already did some multiplayer Snipperclips here.

Yesterday I traded in my never-played copy of Mario Party 10 (Wii U) to Gamestop, and used my $200+ of accumulated trade credit to pick up another pair. You only live once, right?

Spoiler

42835495_2137122096307057_47152228580018

Also, let me just leave this adorable picture from Xenoblade 2 here.

Spoiler

42809491_2137124532973480_57432407737012

I love the cute pajama hat.

Also, Picross has been cute-ified anime-style: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kemono-friends-picross-switch

I don't know anything about that manga/anime series but I enjoy the Picross games. I'll probably get it.

People who hate toys-to-life stuff take note: it seems the Starlink digital version contains a whole bunch of pilots/ships/weapons, and doesn't cost as much as the base physical edition ($60 to $80). So if you don't want a physical mini Arwing and Fox McCloud, then the digital version is definitely worth checking out as it brings you a lot of the initial toy add-ons digitally.

I'll still be getting the physical version, because, you know, Arwing.

I finished the first full mission in Valkyria Chronicles 4 by now, dang that took a while. Also busy on L.A. Noire and Wandersong, and I finished Velocity 2X.

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yesterday I traded in my never-played copy of Mario Party 10 (Wii U) to Gamestop, and used my $200+ of accumulated trade credit to pick up another pair. You only live once, right?

Reveal hidden contents

42835495_2137122096307057_47152228580018

Nice. Personally I got a whole bunch of GC/Wii/PS1 games from a family member that was going to move and didn't want to sort it out, so I'll see how much Ill get for the stuff I will never play myself.

@MosesRockefeller I guess this means you're buying Super Mario Party too?

Also, Picross has been cute-ified anime-style: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kemono-friends-picross-switch

I don't know anything about that manga/anime series but I enjoy the Picross games. I'll probably get it.

Wake me up when Zelda Picross arrives, or any other Nintendo theme I care for even a little bit.

1 hour ago, Spawn said:

People who hate toys-to-life stuff take note: it seems the Starlink digital version contains a whole bunch of pilots/ships/weapons, and doesn't cost as much as the base physical edition ($60 to $80). So if you don't want a physical mini Arwing and Fox McCloud, then the digital version is definitely worth checking out as it brings you a lot of the initial toy add-ons digitally.

I'll still be getting the physical version, because, you know, Arwing.

I preordered the physical version today. Best Buy had a promotion with a free pilot figure, so I grabbed the one female character. I don't care about the toys-to-life stuff but the Arwing model should be cool at least. It's neat that Ubisoft is making the digital version cheaper though.

1 hour ago, Spawn said:

I finished the first full mission in Valkyria Chronicles 4 by now, dang that took a while. Also busy on L.A. Noire and Wandersong, and I finished Velocity 2X.

Those missions can be long, so it's nice that you can save during missions.

1 hour ago, Spawn said:

@MosesRockefeller I guess this means you're buying Super Mario Party too?

Yeah, I figure that it will provide some entertainment for my daughter and maybe I can rope my wife into giving it a shot too. And it's always nice to have a game where the amiibo sitting on my shelf actually serve a purpose.

1 hour ago, Spawn said:

Wake me up when Zelda Picross arrives, or any other Nintendo theme I care for even a little bit.

There was a Zelda Picross for 3DS but it was strangely exclusive to the reward club thing. Don't worry, I'm sure F-Zero Picross is coming any minute now. :awesome:

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I preordered the physical version today. Best Buy had a promotion with a free pilot figure, so I grabbed the one female character. I don't care about the toys-to-life stuff but the Arwing model should be cool at least. It's neat that Ubisoft is making the digital version cheaper though.

... Out of the original five announced pilots, I see two females. Out of the four later announced ones, I see one more.

I pre-ordered from Ubi themselves (yay 20% discount!) and got an extra figurine too, though it's one I have not seen yet on thw Starlink page, might be delayed exclusive to Ubishop?

I'd definitely be getting the digital version if it wasn't for the Arwing.

Those missions can be long, so it's nice that you can save during missions.

Also, no auto save overwriting.

Yeah, I figure that it will provide some entertainment for my daughter and maybe I can rope my wife into giving it a shot too. And it's always nice to have a game where the amiibo sitting on my shelf actually serve a purpose.

I buy Amiibo solely for the cool collectable part. Imagine my pleasant surprise when one of my Links turned out to unlock Epona in Breath Of The Wild.

There was a Zelda Picross for 3DS but it was strangely exclusive to the reward club thing. Don't worry, I'm sure F-Zero Picross is coming any minute now. :awesome:

I've made my peace with Fast RMX being the only F-Zeor I'm getting any more. I just hope some true Fast Switch game will be made at some point. (RMX was half new, half port, or something like that)

37 minutes ago, Spawn said:

... Out of the original five announced pilots, I see two females. Out of the four later announced ones, I see one more.

I pre-ordered from Ubi themselves (yay 20% discount!) and got an extra figurine too, though it's one I have not seen yet on thw Starlink page, might be delayed exclusive to Ubishop?

I'd definitely be getting the digital version if it wasn't for the Arwing.

Oh I see. I should have specified that I haven't followed the game closely regarding the collectibles. The only thing I actually cared about was the Arwing. For whatever reason, the Best Buy deal only showed options from the bottom row of pilots here (excluding Fox of course). Of that group, only Razor was identifiably female. I didn't realize there were actually more pilots than those until I just looked it up.

Also, no auto save overwriting.

For a series like Valkyria Chronicles, limited or no autosaves is a good thing. For other games (like Mario), all you really need is a single autosave that overwrites itself.

I buy Amiibo solely for the cool collectable part. Imagine my pleasant surprise when one of my Links turned out to unlock Epona in Breath Of The Wild.

Yeah, we've been over it before. I don't do collectibles*, and I only have amiibo because they are used in games. Mario Party is one of the series that uses them fairly well, so it's a nice bonus for me. MP10 actually had an amiibo mode where you played as your amiibo character. I'm not sure how deep it went but it was a nice touch for people that already have them sitting around. Again, this is all based on reviews and such, since I never played the game myself.

I've made my peace with Fast RMX being the only F-Zeor I'm getting any more. I just hope some true Fast Switch game will be made at some point. (RMX was half new, half port, or something like that)

That's a healthy attitude. It was a mean little jab on my part, since I know how much you like the series. But hey, never say never. I don't think ANYBODY could predict that Nintendo would resurrect Kid Icarus for a full-blown new game on 3DS after a 20 year hiatus.

* This is one of those weird things that I am still coming to accept about myself. I've bought several collector's editions of games and even game art books, and I have probably spent a combined 30 minutes on all of them. Hopefully I can finally convince myself that I'm wasting my money on them.

What the fuck... So not only is Super Bomberman R €10 more expensive on Switch than on PS4, even though for this game the Switch version is actually the original and the PS4 version is the port, but it's €15 on PS4 right now even though it's newer on there and never has been under €25 on Switch. FucKonami.

@MosesRockefeller I'll answer at some point, some time. Next to Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Super Mario Party, I've also got Assassin's Creed Odyssey now and I've got tomorrow off from work so I'm mostly going to be gaming the next few days.

48 minutes ago, Spawn said:

What the fuck... So not only is Super Bomberman R €10 more expensive on Switch than on PS4, even though for this game the Switch version is actually the original and the PS4 version is the port, but it's €15 on PS4 right now even though it's newer on there and never has been under €25 on Switch. FucKonami.

I don't know if that's the "Nintendo tax" or something else, but yes, Super Bomberman R dropped fast on PS4/X1. It should never have been a $50 game (USD). I bought it when it was on sale for half that price, and even then I think it wasn't a great purchase. It was in my early time owning the Switch, where I was trying to find games to play, versus now, which is more of a problem of having too many games available.

48 minutes ago, Spawn said:

@MosesRockefeller I'll answer at some point, some time. Next to Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Super Mario Party, I've also got Assassin's Creed Odyssey now and I've got tomorrow off from work so I'm mostly going to be gaming the next few days.

I know the feeling! I haven't even started VC4 properly. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is sucking up all my free time. I'm barely even spending any time on the PS4 or Vita. You mention Odyssey, and I haven't even made the time to start Origins yet!

On 01/10/2018 at 7:53 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh I see. I should have specified that I haven't followed the game closely regarding the collectibles. The only thing I actually cared about was the Arwing. For whatever reason, the Best Buy deal only showed options from the bottom row of pilots here (excluding Fox of course). Of that group, only Razor was identifiably female. I didn't realize there were actually more pilots than those until I just looked it up.

Yeah there's a bunch. I'm going to play the full game with Fox and the Arwing but I'm probably getting one or two of the ships.

For a series like Valkyria Chronicles, limited or no autosaves is a good thing. For other games (like Mario), all you really need is a single autosave that overwrites itself.

That's the big difference between agame with long lasting consequences and a platformer.

Banner Saga actually spams auto saving so if you make a choice you can't just reload a previous save. Cool thinking on their part.

Yeah, we've been over it before. I don't do collectibles*, and I only have amiibo because they are used in games. Mario Party is one of the series that uses them fairly well, so it's a nice bonus for me. MP10 actually had an amiibo mode where you played as your amiibo character. I'm not sure how deep it went but it was a nice touch for people that already have them sitting around. Again, this is all based on reviews and such, since I never played the game myself.

I don't know about Amiibo but I did play a first game of Super Mario Party yesterday, with my wife and my brother-in-law. It's a fun game, the (Womp-omp) board was cool and the minigames were mostly fun.

That's a healthy attitude. It was a mean little jab on my part, since I know how much you like the series. But hey, never say never. I don't think ANYBODY could predict that Nintendo would resurrect Kid Icarus for a full-blown new game on 3DS after a 20 year hiatus.

Fast RMX really feels like the new F-Zero at this point. I'm using my hopes for things that aren't a complete lost cause, like a new Wario Wares game.

Hey, at least thanks to Ubisoft we're getting a new Star Fox game!

On 04/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know if that's the "Nintendo tax" or something else, but yes, Super Bomberman R dropped fast on PS4/X1. It should never have been a $50 game (USD). I bought it when it was on sale for half that price, and even then I think it wasn't a great purchase. It was in my early time owning the Switch, where I was trying to find games to play, versus now, which is more of a problem of having too many games available.

Luckily my "I'm just going to buy something that's out already" in those first months turned out great (Shovel Knight, awesome game and the first Switch game I bought past day one).

On 04/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I know the feeling! I haven't even started VC4 properly. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is sucking up all my free time. I'm barely even spending any time on the PS4 or Vita. You mention Odyssey, and I haven't even made the time to start Origins yet!

I still have not played Valkyria Chronicles 4 more but I finished L.A. Noire and I'm about twenty hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

21 hours ago, Kassandra said:

That's the big difference between agame with long lasting consequences and a platformer.

Banner Saga actually spams auto saving so if you make a choice you can't just reload a previous save. Cool thinking on their part.

I don't know about Amiibo but I did play a first game of Super Mario Party yesterday, with my wife and my brother-in-law. It's a fun game, the (Womp-omp) board was cool and the minigames were mostly fun.

Fast RMX really feels like the new F-Zero at this point. I'm using my hopes for things that aren't a complete lost cause, like a new Wario Wares game.

Hey, at least thanks to Ubisoft we're getting a new Star Fox game!

Luckily my "I'm just going to buy something that's out already" in those first months turned out great (Shovel Knight, awesome game and the first Switch game I bought past day one).

I',m replying in one block because I'm lazy. More games seem to be preventing save scumming these days. Of course, with save backups it's usually possible to bypass that, but it's a hassle (especially on Nintendo Switch, since it's automatic there unless you change it to manual, and even then you only have a single online save to restore to at a time).

It looks like Amiibo give you points to use towards unlockable things in Super Mario Party, and also give you stickers if the Amiibo is a character in the game.

WarioWare seems realistic, since a new 3DS entry came out recently. The next one will probably be on Switch.

And Star Fox is indeed getting some love. Before Starlink, there was the Wii U game StarFox Zero which probably can't be ported to Switch.

I'd say Bomberman R was a rare disappointment for my Switch purchases. But even there, it was something I knew I might not love, and I foolishly got it anyway.

Also: Guacamelee is a surprise release on Switch today in the EU (maybe later for USA). The sequel is coming later in the year. These are some of my favorite Metroidvanias ever, so I recommend getting them. The first game was a great fit on Vita, and I somewhat regret getting the sequel on PS4 when I could have waited for the Switch version (especially since I have mostly given up on the Platinum). Mark of the Ninja comes out tomorrow also, which I preordered. This is more of an stealth action platformer than a Metroidvania, but I like the little bit I played on Steam. I have been eagerly awaiting the Switch port, and I preordered it a while back.

Also: Guacamelee is a surprise release on Switch today in the EU (maybe later for USA). The sequel is coming later in the year. These are some of my favorite Metroidvanias ever, so I recommend getting them. The first game was a great fit on Vita, and I somewhat regret getting the sequel on PS4 when I could have waited for the Switch version (especially since I have mostly given up on the Platinum). 

Just heard that myself.

Love Guac 1. Also loved on Vita. Clocked it on Vita and PS4, and replayed a good chunk not too long ago on Xbox through Game Pass. It's a fantastic game that I cannot recommend enough.

I was proper sad when I decided to skip the sequel when it dropped on PS4 but I knew it would be coming to Switch soon enough, so I'm glad I've waited. I can't wait to play it on Switch, and now with Caitlyn having one (she loved Guac too, I know she plat'd it at least once, might have done it twice) we can game share our way into us both having a copy. Oh sweet, what if there's split joy con support too, I love when games do that a wee bit more than I should.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait a full year or so for Guac 2 though, this is good news. Whether or not I rebuy Guac 1, making my fifth copy if you count them all, will depend entirely on the price. 15 and under and maybe I will just for the fact I know we'll both play through it again on Switch.

43 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Just heard that myself.

Love Guac 1. Also loved on Vita. Clocked it on Vita and PS4, and replayed a good chunk not too long ago on Xbox through Game Pass. It's a fantastic game that I cannot recommend enough.

I was proper sad when I decided to skip the sequel when it dropped on PS4 but I knew it would be coming to Switch soon enough, so I'm glad I've waited. I can't wait to play it on Switch, and now with Caitlyn having one (she loved Guac too, I know she plat'd it at least once, might have done it twice) we can game share our way into us both having a copy. Oh sweet, what if there's split joy con support too, I love when games do that a wee bit more than I should.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait a full year or so for Guac 2 though, this is good news. Whether or not I rebuy Guac 1, making my fifth copy if you count them all, will depend entirely on the price. 15 and under and maybe I will just for the fact I know we'll both play through it again on Switch.

Guac 2 has full co-op, and I'll bet it has single Joy-con support. 

I have Guac 1 on Vita, PS3, PS4, and Wii U. I might have it on XBox One also? I think the PS3 and Wii U versions were free (pretty sure the Wii U version was part of a Humble Bundle), and if I have it on XBox One, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it. In any case, I've bought it at least twice. 

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have Guac 1 on Vita, PS3, PS4, and Wii U. I might have it on XBox One also? I think the PS3 and Wii U versions were free (pretty sure the Wii U version was part of a Humble Bundle), and if I have it on XBox One, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it. In any case, I've bought it at least twice. 

Heck yeah, I can't wait to love that idea, and then end up playing with a full controller anyway because Caitlyn will be using a whole remote and I'm not gonna pull both joycon off so I can only use one of them while the other does nothing.

That bundle was killer. I was spewing it didn't work in Australia. Woah Dave, Olli Olli, SteamWorld Dig, Guacamelee, and so on, so many gems. I got the subsequent bundle though which was still good but nowhere near that level. It's not super often that consoles get Humble Bundles and it's even less often that Australia is included in the fun. The few PSN bundles there's been are the sole reason I have an American account, but Wii U was way more of a hassle to region swap IIRC and I already had most of those games elsewhere anyways. 

13 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I',m replying in one block because I'm lazy. More games seem to be preventing save scumming these days. Of course, with save backups it's usually possible to bypass that, but it's a hassle (especially on Nintendo Switch, since it's automatic there unless you change it to manual, and even then you only have a single online save to restore to at a time).

I'd also say it's a hassle in the sense that I'd have to pay for it while there's nothing else in the service that I want or need.

Maybe if Super Mario Party had had online board mode, then me and the missus would have challenged you and your missus.

It looks like Amiibo give you points to use towards unlockable things in Super Mario Party, and also give you stickers if the Amiibo is a character in the game.

Have you bought and played Super Mario Party yet with the three of you?

WarioWare seems realistic, since a new 3DS entry came out recently. The next one will probably be on Switch.

Let's hope it doesn't take until 2020 to arrive.

And Star Fox is indeed getting some love. Before Starlink, there was the Wii U game StarFox Zero which probably can't be ported to Switch.

I've heard mixed stuff about Zero, mostly it being yet another reimagining of the original story. At least Starlink is something new.

I'd say Bomberman R was a rare disappointment for my Switch purchases. But even there, it was something I knew I might not love, and I foolishly got it anyway.

My biggest misbuy probably was Mario Tennis Aces. Never even bothered starting it up again after the initial five or so story missions. And I use the terms "story" and "mission" very loosely.

Also: Guacamelee is a surprise release on Switch today in the EU (maybe later for USA). The sequel is coming later in the year. These are some of my favorite Metroidvanias ever, so I recommend getting them. The first game was a great fit on Vita, and I somewhat regret getting the sequel on PS4 when I could have waited for the Switch version (especially since I have mostly given up on the Platinum). Mark of the Ninja comes out tomorrow also, which I preordered. This is more of an stealth action platformer than a Metroidvania, but I like the little bit I played on Steam. I have been eagerly awaiting the Switch port, and I preordered it a while back.

I played and liked Guacamelee 1 when it was on PS+, but don't think I like it enough to double dip, nor enough to get the sequel before a good sale.

I liked the idea of Mark Of The Ninja on X360, isit possible I tried a demo and didn't like it any more then? Might have to re-evaluate.

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, that would be kinda tricky as the game uses all four face buttons and has three different actions on the four shoulder buttons (one is mapped to two shoulder buttons). There's the dimension swap, change between Juan and Pollo and the evasion, which can also be triggered by using the right analog stick.

Using both the normal L/R and either SL/SR or ZL/ZR would offer enough buttons but I don't think that would be a comfortable way to play the game. :hmm: