Kassandra

Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Questions for Switch gamers   117 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these announced Nintendo-published titles will you probably/definitely buy day one?

• Bayonetta 3
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • Fire Emblem (no official title yet)
    • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
    • Kirby Star Allies
    • Mario Tennis Aces
    • Metroid Prime 4 (no official title yet)
    • Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit
    • Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit
    • Pokémon (no official title yet)
    • Yoshi (no official title yet)
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles day one, but I'll buy one or more of them eventually
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles at all
  2. 2. Which of these best-selling (over 1M in sales) Wii U titles (that don't have a sequel/port yet) would you like to see a sequel and/or port for on the Switch?

• New Super Mario Bros. U
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Nintendo Land
    • Super Mario Maker
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Mario Party 10
    • I don't want to play sequels/ports of any of these titles
  3. 3. How many hours have you put into your most-played Siwtch game?

• less than 10 hours
    • 10-20 hours
    • 20-30 hours
    • 30-40 hours
    • 40-50 hours
    • 50-60 hours
    • 60-70 hours
    • 70-80 hours
    • 80-90 hours
    • 90-100 hours
    • 100-120 hours
    • 120-140 hours
    • 140-160 hours
    • 160-180 hours
    • 180-200 hours
    • over 200 hours

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,854 posts in this topic

Happy Splatoween in Splatoon 2, everybody! It's a 48 hour long Halloween themed Splatfest in Splatoon 2 if anyone is interested. :)

2 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

any of you all play Into the Breach?  Thinking about grabbing it but would like to hear from some of you if you can.  

It's probably in the thread somewhere so maybe I'll just look for that. 

I don't recall anyone talking about it. I considered it but the reviews I read made it sound more frustrating than enjoyable for me. 

I just started playing Starlink today. I didn't bother connecting the grip, and I instead played with the Pro Controller. I picked Fox and the Arwing (of course) but the game unlocked the starter character and his ship digitally. I guess I need to connect the grip eventually to unlock the Razor pilot I got as a preorder bonus. I was impressed by the build quality of the Arwing, and the fact that its vertical flaps can open and close. The game itself is a lot of fun. I played up through the 3rd or 4th story mission, as far as I can tell. I haven't quite figured out the progression system yet (e.g. being able to view progress in the story). Anyway, I just arrived at the second planet that the game points you to. 

I finally modded my Wii U to play back ups, and to boot into Nintendont in actual Wii U mode (with gamepad support) rather than vWii mode.

I mention this, primarily, because of the latter. GAWD, playing Game Cube games on that gamepad with the actual buttons and everything is fantastic. The visuals REALLY pop on a screen that small. I played an hour or so of Hit and Run in bed last night and it honestly looked like a mid-gen PS3 kinda game, and that's just with the built-in native playback, no emulation or upscaling, an upscaled Game Cube emulator for Switch with that 6.2inch 720p screen (I believe the Wii U's tab was 480 or so, could be wrong), it'd be fantastic. I know, I know, we've all been saying that for nearly TWO YEARS NOW (get on it, Nintendo), but I've seen the next best thing, and it's even better than I dared hope. On the one hand, I cannot wait for Game Cube to inevitably come to Switch, but on the other, I'm gonna be devastated when I remember Tony Hawk 3, Spider-Man 2, and so on don't ever come to the Switch. 

Anyway, we all want Game Cube on Switch, I know I'm not saying anything new.

What I'm mostly here to say, is if you, like me, want some sixth gen action on a miniature screen you can play in bed or on the toilet, well, and I've not said it in a good few years honestly, but, GO BUY A WII U. You can find them for a hundred or so here (preowned) even still, jump in before they become ludicrously overpriced (which, to be fair, may not actually happen, but who knows), modding the thing is super easy, barely an inconvenience (reference.jpg), and now that you can play Game Cube titles on the actual gamepad as of a year or so back, fuck it, stop waiting for Nintendo to bring Game Cube to Switch. Just take a hundred bucks that you would have spent on Game Cube games, and just buy a damn Wii U and play any and every Game Cube game on the tele or on a tablet (plus Wii, Wii U, and most earlier stuff, obviously). 

Bring on that feckin' November Direct.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I finally modded my Wii U to play back ups, and to boot into Nintendont in actual Wii U mode (with gamepad support) rather than vWii mode.

I mention this, primarily, because of the latter. GAWD, playing Game Cube games on that gamepad with the actual buttons and everything is fantastic. The visuals REALLY pop on a screen that small. I played an hour or so of Hit and Run in bed last night and it honestly looked like a mid-gen PS3 kinda game, and that's just with the built-in native playback, no emulation or upscaling, an upscaled Game Cube emulator for Switch with that 6.2inch 720p screen (I believe the Wii U's tab was 480 or so, could be wrong), it'd be fantastic. I know, I know, we've all been saying that for nearly TWO YEARS NOW (get on it, Nintendo), but I've seen the next best thing, and it's even better than I dared hope. On the one hand, I cannot wait for Game Cube to inevitably come to Switch, but on the other, I'm gonna be devastated when I remember Tony Hawk 3, Spider-Man 2, and so on don't ever come to the Switch. 

Anyway, we all want Game Cube on Switch, I know I'm not saying anything new.

What I'm mostly here to say, is if you, like me, want some sixth gen action on a miniature screen you can play in bed or on the toilet, well, and I've not said it in a good few years honestly, but, GO BUY A WII U. You can find them for a hundred or so here (preowned) even still, jump in before they become ludicrously overpriced (which, to be fair, may not actually happen, but who knows), modding the thing is super easy, barely an inconvenience (reference.jpg), and now that you can play Game Cube titles on the actual gamepad as of a year or so back, fuck it, stop waiting for Nintendo to bring Game Cube to Switch. Just take a hundred bucks that you would have spent on Game Cube games, and just buy a damn Wii U and play any and every Game Cube game on the tele or on a tablet (plus Wii, Wii U, and most earlier stuff, obviously). 

Bring on that feckin' November Direct.

Yeah, the Wii U Gamepad is 480p, so the Switch would look even better for GameCube games. I modded my Wii U a while back with Nintendont but I haven't done anything with it lately. I'll have to check if I have Wii U mode with Gamepad support enabled. Anyway, I think that sounds pretty cool. I hate the Gamecube controller, so using the Gamepad would be much better.

My main problem with the Gamepad is the damn proprietary wireless protocol. Not only does mine not reach to the bathroom, but it barely even works slightly down the hall from the TV. So no playing on the toilet for me, unless I set up a TV in the bathroom and move the Wii U in there.

Edited by MosesRockefeller