Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have 90 games installed on my 256GB card, including a few demos. I have some pretty big games though. Skyrim is 14.5GB for digital, and LA Noire is 13.1 (and that's for the physical copy!). I got Has-Been Heroes on sale for $10 but I still have never played it. I guess it might be better with the patch?

Man, Watch Dogs. I liked the game, but has there ever been a more bland, less sympathetic hero? Even psychopath anti-heroes are at least entertaining. People complained about Connor in Assassin's Creed 3 being boring, but he has nothing on Aiden.

South Park being 20gb (AND the DLC) digitally killed me tbh. I thought LA was ridiculous, and it is, but like, South Park being that big is just crazy. AFAIK LA used an 8GB cart and installed an additional 13.1GB, meaning it would have only been around 20 odd gig fully if that's to be believed, which in turn means South Park is basically as big and detailed and demanding as LA Noire? I don't think so.

I agree. But in having said that, I hated the cast of Watch Dogs 2 so much that when I stumbled into that one little side mission with Aiden I was honestly more excited to see him than I was to play the rest of the entire Watch Dogs 2 game. Aiden may have been bland and generic and emotionless and so on, but at least he wasn't a hypocritical, sarcastic, apathetic, douchebag hipster *actual* terrorist who then pulls the race card when something doesn't go his way. Like no, whatshisface in Watch Dogs 2 is an actual scumbag human. Aiden is just a boring vigilante, but he's not a literal garbage human.

OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND OUT DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH (or remembered, who knows, I probably already knew and forgot, it's been a while) DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH, DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH! Sorry for the profanity (Billy), but fuck yeah! That game is literally one of the very first things I remember playing, on an old Mac computer we got at a garage sale with like 2 or 3 wallets of CD games (only other one I remember the name of was Crystal Caliburn). Descent, and this game I can barely remember where you walked across grass as a viking or a pirate or something, was my shit. Oh, and Sim City 2000, and this thing called Spin Doctor where you had to connect these little spinny things. Whatever. They are basically the first games I ever played, so as you'd guess, the Descent reboot was high on my list of most wanted, but learning (or relearning, again, I got other shit on my plate to pay attention to) that it's coming to Switch? Awesome.

I was just the other day playing the original on my newly fixed up PSone and graphics and controls aside, the thing still holds up. Though that being said, I was playing with a third party wireless controller that mapped the joystick where otherwise it would have been d-pad only and with that it might have been a bit gimpy but the point is, the game is great. 

Descent, Ion Maiden, Shakedown Hawaii, Streets of Rage 4, gimme a Nindies Direct with more footage of those guys, pleeeeease! God, I am so keen for portable Descent. Funnily enough emulating a game that needs the "six degrees" of movement, on an Xperia Play, but with patched in joystick support from the emulator with the touch pad things, isn't really that great for too long, and until now, it's really been the best way to get my fix on the go. PSX2PSP isn't the worst either but it's just not the same. Now, with both sticks actually programmed for, and on the beautiful screen the Switch has going for it, mwah! I cannot wait for this shit. Booyah!

Any other old school Descent fans on here? I feel that as it's one of the very very very few games I played before Y2K, I'm allowed to call myself an old school fan of that one. I remember this one time, we were in the chemist getting some tablets or something, I don't remember, and there's like this cafe there so we sat down for a bit and I had some games from EB I'd bought that I was pulling all their stickers off and and this old dude on the table over there comments on the games or something. I don't know, I go along with it, have a brief conversation, he goes something like "man these games look so good these days, I haven't played much of anything in a good 15 odd years" and he goes "you know what I used to play?" and again, humouring the guy, I go along with it. And he says Descent, and you should have seen my face light up. Ask the missus (not that you know either of us IRL so you can't, but you get the point) and she'll probably say I had a crush on the guy. It was so cool. This old dude, thought he was just wanting to have a chin wag and I'm down I don't mind talking to randos but when he pulled that out of his ass I was flabberghasted. So then for another ten minutes or so I was talking to him about that while Caitlyn was very clearly disinterested, and he goes on about the sequels and stuff (I only ever played the first one) and of all things he starts going on about expansion packs and stuff (AFAIK Descent 2 was an expansion, or had one, or something) and he seemed to know that DLC is a thing now, but not enough to know how prevalent that shit has become. We ended up leaving not much later but it was so cool to run into a dude like that, because like Descent is by no means some obscure little indie darling, but you know what, 20 odd years on, running into an old timer who played it when it was the shiny new thing, I mean like that was just so cool to me. 

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND OUT DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH (or remembered, who knows, I probably already knew and forgot, it's been a while) DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH, DESCENT IS COMING TO SWITCH! Sorry for the profanity (Billy), but fuck yeah! That game is literally one of the very first things I remember playing, on an old Mac computer we got at a garage sale with like 2 or 3 wallets of CD games (only other one I remember the name of was Crystal Caliburn). Descent, and this game I can barely remember where you walked across grass as a viking or a pirate or something, was my shit. Oh, and Sim City 2000, and this thing called Spin Doctor where you had to connect these little spinny things. Whatever. They are basically the first games I ever played, so as you'd guess, the Descent reboot was high on my list of most wanted, but learning (or relearning, again, I got other shit on my plate to pay attention to) that it's coming to Switch? Awesome.

I think I only played Descent 3, and on PC. I liked it, but Descent Freespace (and the sequel, Freespace 2) were more my style.

I'll keep an eye on this Descent reboot. I'd be more excited for a Freespace 3 but Descent reboot could be good.

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Any other old school Descent fans on here?

Yes! I still like to play Descent 1 and 2 through DXX-Rebirth: https://www.dxx-rebirth.com/

I've been looking forward to the new Descent ever since I read that it supports VR. Playing Overlord, a similar 6DOF game, feels amazing with the Oculus Rift. The Forsaken remaster is great aswell, but only available on PC and Xbox One. Not sure why they haven't ported it to PS4 yet.

21 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I think I only played Descent 3, and on PC. I liked it, but Descent Freespace (and the sequel, Freespace 2) were more my style.

I'll keep an eye on this Descent reboot. I'd be more excited for a Freespace 3 but Descent reboot could be good.

I hear nothing but good things about Freespace. I would really like to play it, but I don't have a PC. I'd hold out a little bit of hope for a super mega bundle port to modern console, but even with this new Descent, they don't have the rights to most of the stuff, so I don't see it happening some how.

20 hours ago, soniq said:

Yes! I still like to play Descent 1 and 2 through DXX-Rebirth: https://www.dxx-rebirth.com/

I've been looking forward to the new Descent ever since I read that it supports VR. Playing Overlord, a similar 6DOF game, feels amazing with the Oculus Rift. The Forsaken remaster is great aswell, but only available on PC and Xbox One. Not sure why they haven't ported it to PS4 yet.

Yo, that looks dope. I have a version of Linux running on my Chromebook but I won't lie, I'm a moron at it. I have installed like 2 things, maybe 3, and I sucked so bad at it. I got Retro Arch running and I was stoked but then I cocked something up and now it won't scan for my games anymore and I have to boot them from desktop mode, but I'm so shit at installing things and I forgot how so I'm too afraid to reinstall which is likely all I'd need to do anyway.

ANYWAY, point is, I'm a sucker at Linux and if you happen to have any clue and would be willing to give me a quick run down, in dumb people easy steps, I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise I'll look into it sometime soon when I have a bit of time on the ol' laptop.

Also this month is Kirby and Mario 2. Kirby I love to death (and already own the 3D version on 3DS), and Mario 2 I've never really got to have a true crack at so I'll be interested, but seriously, where the shit are the SNES games at, Nintendo? You drop down to 2 NES games a month, okay, that makes sense, having 3 NES games a month and then dropping 2 SNES games would look lame so dropping NES made sense to me but like, IN ADDITION to the SNES games. Drop 2 SNES and NES games every month and I am sold my dudes. I mean, I'd be happy with 50 NES and 50 SNES games out the gate and just paying for a year's worth but this is more than fine too, but like, come on, NES is old hat. I know SNES is too, but let's be real, you're almost infinitely less likely to own a digital SNES game than you are to have bought a digital NES game over the years.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I hear nothing but good things about Freespace. I would really like to play it, but I don't have a PC. I'd hold out a little bit of hope for a super mega bundle port to modern console, but even with this new Descent, they don't have the rights to most of the stuff, so I don't see it happening some how.

I played Freespace 1 and 2 years ago, back in my PC gaming days. It feels like another lifetime, honestly. I doubt I have the skills for those games now. They might need to tweak the difficulty to make them easier to play via gamepad.

Fun fact, the Saints Row developers made those games, although I doubt those people are still around. Also, I don't think they have the IP rights anymore.

19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

ANYWAY, point is, I'm a sucker at Linux and if you happen to have any clue and would be willing to give me a quick run down, in dumb people easy steps, I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise I'll look into it sometime soon when I have a bit of time on the ol' laptop.

Sorry, haven't used Linux in something like 20 years and no clue about how it works these days. But if you managed to install RetroArch, it can't be that difficult. :D 

I expect SNES games in September, when Nintendo wants people to renew their subs. Sooner would be nice, but we'll just have to wait and see.

So a random Twitter post reminded me that the Limited Run Best Buy exclusive release of Super Meat Boy (physical) on the Switch comes out tomorrow.

Which also reminded me that I preordered it a while ago. ?

Then I noticed a double pack (again, physical) of Child of Light/Valiant Hearts exclusive to Best Buy in the US.  I actually had imported that from the UK because I couldn't find any indication of a US release... so this was unexpected.  Kinda debating if I want to sell this UK copy now for whatever I can get and pick up the release for my region... I really dislike how ugly my Switch collection already looks, since every region has its own rules as far as consistency on the spine goes.  It's all over the place.  Might be nice to try and keep as much of it NTSC as possible.

EDIT: Oh, and the physical release of Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on the Switch is also on my radar.  Still got a little time on that one though.

EDIT 2: OH! And the physical release of Guacamelee! 1 and 2 called the Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection ... though I'm thinking I'll end up getting that for the PS4.  I want at least one good/great Metroidvania on each platform and my Switch is already full of them!

Edited by Dreakon13

Sorry in advance for the giant post, but I was looking for some feedback on some of this stuff. You can quote or mention me or PM me if you find that easier than planning on a huge post. You can also answer 1 question, all of them, or piecemeal it. Does not matter to me.

Anyways, I plan on getting a switch in the near future and some games and wanted to ask everyone here for your opinions and had a few additional questions that maybe some of you can chime in on.

FP Games: 

Here are the games I'm going to pick up immediately to get my Nintendo fix. Any first party games that I'm missing and should have on my radar?

1. SSB Ultimate

2. Mario Odyssey

3. Legend of Zelda: BotW

4. Mario kart 8 DX

5. Splatoon 2

Others I'm considering to grab at a later date or on discount:

1. Captain Toad

2. Mario Party

3. New Super Mario Bros.

Nindies:

I'm also thinking of grabbing a few smaller titles for on the road that won't murder my battery like some of the games above. I'm specifically looking for GOOD Indies that aren't available on PS4. Any ideas? I heard that The Messenger was good and Gris looks intriguing, but I'm not sure after that. 

Controllers/accessories

I'm thinking of getting 1 additional joy-con set and a pro controller. From my understanding, that should give me 5 players for most games. Does anyone have any additional accessories that go well with the switch or good controllers that I'm overlooking? I'm pretty much in the dark on this.

Online play

Simply put, what are your guy's thoughts on the online service? I think it'd probably be worth it for Mk8, Smash, and Splatoon 2, but I'm not really sure yet how much online I'm going to play. Do you get additional discounts for games like plus?

Random Questions:

Does the eShop have it's own cards for switch, 3DS, and Wii U or do they all work for whatever system?

How durable is the system? Should I keep it away from high places?

Could I put it in a backpack for travel or should I get a case for it (I don't travel a lot)?

Any other comments/suggestions?

Thanks everyone in advance! :)

45 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Controllers/accessories

I'm thinking of getting 1 additional joy-con set and a pro controller. From my understanding, that should give me 5 players for most games. Does anyone have any additional accessories that go well with the switch or good controllers that I'm overlooking? I'm pretty much in the dark on this.

I bought a Gamecube controller adapter for Super Smash Bros because for me it is the best controller for that game.

I don't know if the Gamecube controller works with any other game but I can check that later if you want.

47 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Random Questions:

Does the eShop have it's own cards for switch, 3DS, and Wii U or do they all work for whatever system?

You have a combined wallet for every system. That means there is only one e-shop card that works on the Switch/3DS/WiiU. You can also pay with Paypal or debit card.

52 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Any first party games that I'm missing and should have on my radar?

Another game would be Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors if you like Musou games.

Maybe also Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

FP Games: 

Here are the games I'm going to pick up immediately to get my Nintendo fix. Any first party games that I'm missing and should have on my radar?

1. SSB Ultimate

2. Mario Odyssey

3. Legend of Zelda: BotW

4. Mario kart 8 DX

5. Splatoon 2

Others I'm considering to grab at a later date or on discount:

1. Captain Toad

2. Mario Party

3. New Super Mario Bros.

I have all those 5 games, plus Mario Party. I played Captain Toad and New Super Mario Bros U on Wii U. They are all solid games, but Mario Party is a very specific type of game. If you think you'll get use out of it for multiplayer, go for it. New Super Mario Bros U was pretty dull and bland to me, but it's a technically competent 2D Mario game. It's just not very unique or interesting IMO. Personally I'd recommend getting that only if you really need a 2D platformer fix. There are better indie platformers. 

Nindies:

I'm also thinking of grabbing a few smaller titles for on the road that won't murder my battery like some of the games above. I'm specifically looking for GOOD Indies that aren't available on PS4. Any ideas? I heard that The Messenger was good and Gris looks intriguing, but I'm not sure after that. 

The Messenger is cool. I haven't finished it but I like what I've played so far. Golf Story is very quirky and worth a look. 

Controllers/accessories

Most multiplayer games (at least first party) will work with a single Joy-con. The Pro controller is great. If you love a different controller, you can use a 8bitdo USB adapter (docked only IIRC) but I wouldn't do that since it misses the unique Switch features (gyro, HD rumble, etc.). 

Online play

Simply put, what are your guy's thoughts on the online service? I think it'd probably be worth it for Mk8, Smash, and Splatoon 2, but I'm not really sure yet how much online I'm going to play. Do you get additional discounts for games like plus?

I don't do much online multiplayer. I would wait for SNES games to be added to the service, personally. I'm paying for it because it's cheap and I like cloud saves, but it has a lot of room for improvement. Additional discounts are supposedly coming in the future. 

Random Questions:

How durable is the system? Should I keep it away from high places?

Could I put it in a backpack for travel or should I get a case for it (I don't travel a lot)?

Any other comments/suggestions?

Thanks everyone in advance! :)

Some idiot did a drop test from a drone a few hundred feet up when the Switch first came out, and it wasn't as damaged as you'd think. Still, I would keep it away from high places. :)

I would get a case. Just about any padded case should be good. I like this case because it includes Joy-con guards that will let you set the Switch down flat (with the Joy-cons connected) without bumping the triggers (it's normally at an angle): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYABCCJ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put my Switch in the case and throw that in my backpack. 

No other major thoughts, but welcome to the club! It's a cool system, as long as you aren't expecting to play 4k games on it... sometimes I think that's an actual expectation the haters have. 

Also, I echo Markus' XC2 recommendation. It's a great game if you like JRPGs at all. 

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

Nintendo Direct is tonight at 5:00 PM. :)

Yes, I'm looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

So we took Billie down to child care today and I waited with Caitlyn for her bus. I expected to be home just before 9. Instead her bus was half an hour late. Got home at 9:20 (oh yeah, Direct started at 9 here), did the laundry, cleaned up the bedroom and all that, took a nice poop, and before long it was 9:50. So I start the thing a bit late, desperately trying to avoid spoilers in the meantime I avoided certain sites, this that and the other, made sure to watch it on the Switch YouTube app as I'm not signed in, therefore I won't get my recommendations and likely won't see a giant bunch of Nintendo trailers spoiled for me.

I get to searching, I get the Direct up and going, awesome, then "Next Video: Super Mario Maker 2 announcement trailer" Fuck. I mean, I knew it was coming, but fuck. Then as it ends, it says Juin instead of June and I'm like, wait a minute, and the dude starts talking and the subtitles are in French, shit, I gotta go back now, type in Nintendo Direct again and hope for no spoilers again and I get lucky. Thankfully Mario was the first thing shown so the spoiling wasn't like such a bummer but oh well.

Then as I'm looking for the Direct and avoiding all the morons doing live streams of it getting in my way, I find it and I go past a video saying Mario Maker 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and some other thing and I'm like FUUUUUUCK but it was just a predictions video, I'm all good.

So I get in there, finally. Skip Mario Maker because I don't need to watch it twice. Marvel Ultimate Alliance pops up, shit looks goooooood, dig it. Then it says Summer, fuck, Summer is like May or so in America, isn't it? That means it will probs drop around Capt. Marvel / Avengers 4, okay, gotta finish the first two on Xbox then. Captain Toad got an update with new levels as DLC and I'm like, this is an interesting spot to be in. The game is a Wii U game, a good Wii U game, but it's stuck on there, so they bring it to the Switch and get a new audience, cool cool cool, but then DLC? I don't know. On the one hand, it's better than buying a full price sequel with half the content which they may have pushed out, rather than this updated version and all that, but on the other it's like, you gotta justify me rebuying your shit so it should have maybe been there from the start, on the other other hand, Wii U owners are getting fucked, on the other other other hand, who owns a Wii U anyway? It's a whole thing and I'm not 100% how I feel about re-releases getting post launch paid DLC. Daemon x Machina is getting a demo, cool, I guess, and then a bunch of Japanese games I don't remember or care about (sorry boiz), so much so that I'm doing my stupid back exersizes at this point because my back is shit and the physio was all "Dylan, drinking 4 litres of cola a day ain't great for your muscles, but neither is anything else you do, so do these damn things" and I'm texting away on my phone at this point, like I'm disinterested. 

Then Daemon's demo pops, cool stuff. Then Tetris is announced, cool whatever, oh it's a "free" game for Nintendo Online users and it's dropping today, well shit that's cooler I guess, got me amped with the intro to it though thinking SNES games were coming, you cowards. Then Undertale's sequel's prologue (Eh), but it's free so okay I'll try it. GRID Autosport is cool but fuck buying a racing game at anything other than bargain bin prices. Feckin' HELLBLADE is coming, sweeeet. Unravel 2, cool, been meaning to play it. Assassin's Creed 3 IS coming, cool. And it IS coming with Liberation, the last one I played, cool too... if it's like 50 for the pair I'll give them a go, despite Gold giving me like 10 AC games and me only playing the Chronicles ones anyway. Final Fantasy 9 is dropping today, cool cool cool, they fucking firing on all cylinders now. Then that Astral Chase or Trail or whatever it was called, the Platinum Games one near the end, that looks pretty dope. 

Then finally, it's nearly over, you're ready for the "One more thing", you're ready for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, you're ready for it to drop tonight, and you're ready to cancel your Valentine's Day dinner plans with the missus to play with Samus instead. But instead, you get some anime looking ocean. Okay, cool, whatever, you go back to texting your bud about the Direct, then your text suddenly turns to "wait a fucking minute, that's Link!" and you think the 2D Zelda rumours are true and all is well and then finally, it's just Link's Awakening remade. Eh. Don't get me wrong, it looks dope and I'll almost certainly be getting it and supposedly Link's Awakening is a great little game but like, I was thinking it'd be a new one, idk. I don't like how Nintendo is doing so many, for them anyway, remakes lately. I know, I know, it is made by a smaller team and all that shit, but that smaller team could still have been working on a new one so even at best, these games don't stop new games, but they do make them take longer. I'll be getting it anyway though, and on the optimistic side, one can hope it will be digital only and budget priced.

All things considered, pretty cool Direct. Lot of stuff I don't care about, lot of stuff I did, made for a good half an hour of viewing.

NEVER FUCKING MIND, Final Fantasy 9 is 32 dollars. In the words of the immortal Tobey Maguire, "see ya, chump"

@MarkusT1992, Thanks a lot! Glad to know it's a shared wallet. I've thought about getting GameCube controllers, but would like to know if they work for other games besides Smash. I'll wait on those anyways to see how often I'm going to have friends over before going all in on the controllers. Also, I totally forgot about XC2. I might have to pick it up if I see it on sale or grab it once I get through Odyssey and BotW.

@MosesRockefeller, Can't wait to be part of the cool club! Haha. With Mario Maker 2 coming out, I'll probably pass on the New SMB now unless I see it on sale. I'm also super excited for Fire Emblem 3 Houses (which was detailed in today's Direct). I've played several of them, and Fire Emblem Awakening is my second favorite game of all time. It's by far the game I have logged the most hours onto my 3DS at 700 so that will be a day one purchase for sure. I'll have to look for a case since I plan to take it around with me occasionally. Especially, since I think I'll be traveling this year around the states some. Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

Both of you have been extremely helpful.

29 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

@The Shopkeeper, my dude! What the balls! You unfriended me on Switch? You know I love stalking people's play logs, why must you hurt me? :'(

I guess you didn't look farther because, next to deleting you from my friends list early December, what else I did that same day was:

• Delete everyone else from my Switch friends list.
  • Delete everyone from my PS4 friends list.
  • Make my trophies completely private (I had already disabled trophy notifications months ago).
  • Log out of PSNP and stop posting on it and all other forums I was on.

I'm just done with the whole online thing. I didn't remember who most of the people on my friends lists were, and I didn't care for all the negativity in the forums. The Last Jedi sucks! Indie games suck! Digital games suck! Nintendo sucks! Marvel sucks! DC sucks! Whatever, I'm completely spent. Since quitting on forums, I've had more time to game and I've even picked up writing again.

So yeah, I'll log out again right after finishing this post. But don't worry @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, I'll re-add you if you want to see my Switch games :)

Also, while I'm here: great Direct, thankful I'm getting a Yoshi demo because I'm not too sure about that one, I've never played Link's Awakening and it looks sweet, I love how we're getting more Star Fox stuff for Starlink, yes on the extra content for Captain Toad, Box Boy + Box Girl will be something I'll play with the missus, I'll probably get Bloodstained as I liked the 8-bit one, I'll probably rebuy Hellblade, Unravel 2 is the only game EA has I'm prepared to give money to them for until they make a good Star Wars game or give up the franchise. Also, little known games currently on sale that I played and loved: Pode, Agatha Knife. I also liked Membrane but haven't finished it yet.

Kjthxbye!

17 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@MosesRockefeller, Can't wait to be part of the cool club! Haha. With Mario Maker 2 coming out, I'll probably pass on the New SMB now unless I see it on sale. I'm also super excited for Fire Emblem 3 Houses (which was detailed in today's Direct). I've played several of them, and Fire Emblem Awakening is my second favorite game of all time. It's by far the game I have logged the most hours onto my 3DS at 700 so that will be a day one purchase for sure. I'll have to look for a case since I plan to take it around with me occasionally. Especially, since I think I'll be traveling this year around the states some. Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

Good plan with MM2. You can play that and just go through official levels and come close to the New SMB U experience, but more creative. 

I liked Fire Emblem Awakening a lot but got bored during Fates and never finished it. I like what they've shown so far for Three Houses, and I like the school setting. I'll definitely be getting it. 

15 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Well, after watching some Tetris 99 on Twitch, I admit it looks pretty cool, but still weird choice for BR. I'd probably suck, though. xD

I played one match and it's definitely not for me. Multiplayer only (this was pretty obvious from the announcement), and it's too hectic for me to enjoy. I definitely suck at it. :)

19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Then finally, it's nearly over, you're ready for the "One more thing", you're ready for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, you're ready for it to drop tonight, and you're ready to cancel your Valentine's Day dinner plans with the missus to play with Samus instead. But instead, you get some anime looking ocean. Okay, cool, whatever, you go back to texting your bud about the Direct, then your text suddenly turns to "wait a fucking minute, that's Link!" and you think the 2D Zelda rumours are true and all is well and then finally, it's just Link's Awakening remade. Eh. Don't get me wrong, it looks dope and I'll almost certainly be getting it and supposedly Link's Awakening is a great little game but like, I was thinking it'd be a new one, idk. I don't like how Nintendo is doing so many, for them anyway, remakes lately. I know, I know, it is made by a smaller team and all that shit, but that smaller team could still have been working on a new one so even at best, these games don't stop new games, but they do make them take longer. I'll be getting it anyway though, and on the optimistic side, one can hope it will be digital only and budget priced.

All things considered, pretty cool Direct. Lot of stuff I don't care about, lot of stuff I did, made for a good half an hour of viewing.

NEVER FUCKING MIND, Final Fantasy 9 is 32 dollars. In the words of the immortal Tobey Maguire, "see ya, chump"

I'm with you. Metroid Prime Trilogy was a rumor, so it wasn't certain, but a lot of the other rumors (e.g. AC3, MM2) turned out to be true. Link's Awakening might be digital only, but if it's budget priced, it will be "Nintendo budget priced" (e.g. $40 USD). FF9 is $10 for the PS3/PSP/Vita version but $20 for the PS4 version, so the Switch pricing is in line with the PS4 one. I don't think trophies warranted the 100% markup for PS4 (and later Switch) but what do I know. 

5 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Finally, I can get into Super Mario Maker.  It's been a crime that it was exclusive to the Wii U this long.  Love the idea of making my own Mario levels, but more importantly... having an endless supply of custom levels to play through.

There was a 3DS port too. It's smart of Nintendo to make a Switch sequel, but at least Nintendo had the brains to port it to the 3DS platform that most gamers owned at the time. 

I actually had the Wii U version and the endless supply of levels was cool. I'm not a creative type but there are some insane levels out there, plus a healthy amount of "official" ones. 

Anyway, it was a great Direct I thought. There was a lot of cool stuff to see. Also, BOX BOY IS COMING TO SWITCH! YESSSSSS! My favorite puzzle series ever. Something tells me the new game won't be $5 like the 3DS ones were, but hopefully it will still be decently priced. I'd pay $15 or $20 for it and still be happy. I wonder if this means the BoxBoy amiibo is coming out for a general release? 

5 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

There was a 3DS port too. It's smart of Nintendo to make a Switch sequel, but at least Nintendo had the brains to port it to the 3DS platform that most gamers owned at the time. 

I actually had the Wii U version and the endless supply of levels was cool. I'm not a creative type but there are some insane levels out there, plus a healthy amount of "official" ones. 

You're right, forgot about the 3DS port.  The Switch is just the first Nintendo system (since the Gamecube?) that I've owned for more than a week. xD  So Wii U or 3DS... I never had the chance to play the darn thing.  It sounds awesome, so I'm really looking forward to getting the sequel on the Switch.

7 hours ago, The Shopkeeper said:

I'm just done with the whole online thing. I didn't remember who most of the people on my friends lists were, and I didn't care for all the negativity in the forums. The Last Jedi sucks! Indie games suck! Digital games suck! Nintendo sucks! Marvel sucks! DC sucks! Whatever, I'm completely spent. Since quitting on forums, I've had more time to game and I've even picked up writing again.

So yeah, I'll log out again right after finishing this post. 

Although it's unlikely you will read it in a timely manner I still want to say that I hope to see you back on the forums in the near future, even if it's only sporadic. :)

Personally I can totally understand that it's kinda annoying to see all the negativity on some specific topics but that's mostly due to the problem that those who are dissatisfied with something tend to be the most vocal ones. And giving everyone the possibility to post their opinion and bias in public doesn't really help. Just try to not let the pull too much on your heartstrings. To go on hiatus for an undefined time can help to put the focus on the more important things. I wish you all the best!