Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Have any idea when it was? I've only had a switch for a month and a half.

The biggest one was Black Friday I think, although as you can see, some games didn't get huge discounts. Still, some AAA and AA games got 50%+ discounts, so it was pretty decent.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/21/18106747/black-friday-2018-nintendo-eshop-switch-3ds-deals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The biggest one was Black Friday I think, although as you can see, some games didn't get huge discounts. Still, some AAA and AA games got 50%+ discounts, so it was pretty decent.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/21/18106747/black-friday-2018-nintendo-eshop-switch-3ds-deals

I should have guessed! Lmao. Thanks for the info.

16 hours ago, Benfoxy83 said:

If you think I'm opening a generic Reddit link when all those Endgame spoilers are out, you are mistaken.

6 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I'm definitely interested in Cuphead but I'm drowning in backlog. Trying to juggle multiple games at the moment too. So I think I'll wait a bit and maybe get it on a sale.

The Xbox version is the same price as Switch, I've seen it on sale once or twice in all it's time out, biggest discount was like 4.50 off it, wouldn't hold my breath on a sale.

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If you think I'm opening a generic Reddit link when all those Endgame spoilers are out, you are mistaken.

The Xbox version is the same price as Switch, I've seen it on sale once or twice in all it's time out, biggest discount was like 4.50 off it, wouldn't hold my breath on a sale.

I can confirm that this link has nothing to do with Avengers. It's just a video detailing the new things for Super Smash Bros. like update 3.0 and Joker as the first DLC character.

I clicked on it myselfe. In case you want to click it.

15 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That's understandable. I think it'll be a year before it goes on sale though and from what I have seen so far, eShop deals aren't very impressive. At least, not yet.

So far the sales on Switch have been better than in 3DS eShop (though 3DS eShop has frequent 50% - 65% sales on Capcom titles). 

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Need to spend some My Nintendo gold points by the end of May so maybe they will go towards a discount on Cuphead. I need more hours on a day to be able to play all these awesome games. ?

Played Baba Is You over 50 hours now. I've cleared all the areas that initially show on the world map but completed only 4 of them so far. 140+ levels completed and enjoying the game a lot even though some of the puzzles confuse me so much I need to move on to other levels before my brain is tied into a knot. Things are getting mysterious as I found a couple of secret areas on the world map! If you're into logic based puzzle games, you really can't go wrong with Baba.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Played Baba Is You over 50 hours now. I've cleared all the areas that initially show on the world map but completed only 4 of them so far. 140+ levels completed and enjoying the game a lot even though some of the puzzles confuse me so much I need to move on to other levels before my brain is tied into a knot. Things are getting mysterious as I found a couple of secret areas on the world map! If you're into logic based puzzle games, you really can't go wrong with Baba.

Hmm. That might be too much for my brain. I'll think about that one.

So Persona 5 S was revealed, and it's a Dynasty Warriors style game with Persona characters and monsters. And it's coming to Switch (and PS4). The series has lots of interesting creatures and characters... hopefully it won't just be Persona 5 playable characters, because that's only a handful, and they should at least include characters from P3 and 4 (if not earlier).

46 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hmm. That might be too much for my brain. I'll think about that one.

So Persona 5 S was revealed, and it's a Dynasty Warriors style game with Persona characters and monsters. And it's coming to Switch (and PS4). The series has lots of interesting creatures and characters... hopefully it won't just be Persona 5 playable characters, because that's only a handful, and they should at least include characters from P3 and 4 (if not earlier).

Atlus has this weird thing about completely ignoring persona 1 and 2 if they can

1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

How are the controls for Cuphead in handheld mode? 

I only play the game in handheld mode as it plays well in that mode. You can set up which button does what to make the controls easier in handheld. For instance, I put my dash as my "R2" and special attack as "L2." Though, you can do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Some like putting your shooter as one of the triggers as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I only play the game in handheld mode as it plays well in that mode. You can set up which button does what to make the controls easier in handheld. For instance, I put my dash as my "R2" and special attack as "L2." Though, you can do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Some like putting your shooter as one of the triggers as well.

Yeah, remapping the controls definitely helps.

It's still a very challenging game though. :)

40 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have 2 or 3 more levels in W1. Honestly if I manage to beat W1 I'll be farther than I thought I'd ever get in the game.

Have you beat the girl flying on a bicycle? That one was the hardest for me in W1. W1 bosses normally took me  10 minutes to beat, but these W2 bosses take me about 20-25 minutes or so. I can always get to the last part, but the bosses just go nuts on the last stage.

43 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Have you beat the girl flying on a bicycle? That one was the hardest for me in W1. W1 bosses normally took me  10 minutes to beat, but these W2 bosses take me about 20-25 minutes or so. I can always get to the last part, but the bosses just go nuts on the last stage.

Oh yeah, she was tricky. I was starting to breathe easy, then "nope, here comes another stage of the fight!"

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone know any good games for long rides that don't utterly kill your battery? I was thinking about getting Baba is You, Stardew Valley, and Katana Zero, but I wanted to hear from others.

Thanks in advance!

I can recommend Baba Is You. Though completing a level can take a while at times. The good thing about Switch is you can just pause and put the console in sleep mode and continue later. 

Puyo Puyo Tetris and Moonlighter could work too as they don't seem very processor intensive games.

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 1