The Shopkeeper

Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Questions for Switch gamers   174 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these announced Nintendo-published titles will you probably/definitely buy day one?

• Bayonetta 3
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • Fire Emblem (no official title yet)
    • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
    • Kirby Star Allies
    • Mario Tennis Aces
    • Metroid Prime 4 (no official title yet)
    • Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit
    • Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit
    • Pokémon (no official title yet)
    • Yoshi (no official title yet)
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles day one, but I'll buy one or more of them eventually
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles at all
  2. 2. Which of these best-selling (over 1M in sales) Wii U titles (that don't have a sequel/port yet) would you like to see a sequel and/or port for on the Switch?

• New Super Mario Bros. U
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Nintendo Land
    • Super Mario Maker
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Mario Party 10
    • I don't want to play sequels/ports of any of these titles
  3. 3. How many hours have you put into your most-played Siwtch game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,380 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I'm looking for a new game for my Switch, preferably something that can be played in short increments. While I'm sure massive games like Fire Emblem are great, I need something less... epic, shall we say, to be played in shorter stints.

Right now my two main contenders are Cadence of Hyrule and Cuphead. I downloaded the demo for Cadence and it seems like a lot of fun. I've always loved Zelda games, and the music would be amazing. I've never played Cuphead, but I've heard it's awesome and provides a good challenge.

Is there anybody who had experience with these games who wants to weigh in and help me decide? I like the Cadence demo, but is the full game worth $25? Cuphead is only $20, and by all accounts is well worth it at full price. Or feel free to throw out other suggestions.

I bought Cadence of Hyrule at full price (well, got some discount with My Nintendo points) when it launched and it was well worth its price for me. Completed the game 100% once and enjoyed the game a lot. I'm planning to pick it up again and play as Link this time as I hear they've added achievements in a recent update. 

If you're looking for other suggestions for games that can be played in short bursts, maybe have a look at Baba Is You? The difficulty of the puzzles ramps up quite a bit at some point but boy is it satisfying to solve the levels. Played Baba for 55+ hours now and still haven't cleared all the levels.

9 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Right now my two main contenders are Cadence of Hyrule and Cuphead.

They are both great choices. Personally I'd prefer Cuphead over Cadence. Similar games that I can recommend to you are The Messenger, Blazing Chrome and Hollow Knight.

In case anyone cares... I've decided to get the Switch version of Undertale (Physical Edition)

I'm doing Pacifist ONLY. No Genocide. This is not changing. Sorry. 😅

Also... yes I'm aware of Deltarune. However... I don't like getting things in 'parts' so I'll probably end up waiting for a full release and/or a Physical Edition of that as well. 😓

Hey, if anyone sees a game on sale for 5 bucks that you really like... Let me know. I literally have exactly 5 bucks + tax in my Switch wallet. Haha.

Has anyone gotten one of the new revision flagship Switches that runs cooler and has better battery life? If so, what do you think?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade just for the battery life. I wouldn't make much use of the better battery at home, but I can see it being very useful on trips, especially with a 7-year-old who likes video games (I try to raise them right).

Used early model Switches are still selling for more than $200 on eBay, so I could upgrade for less than $100 by selling my old one. Thoughts or experiences to share?