Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

15 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

So guys, with the release of Maddening Mode on FE Three Houses, I am asking if I should attempt Maddening Mode through New Game Plus just to make it somewhat easier.

If you are going to attempt it, this is the best way to go. Not sure if you'd consider any house better than another though. They all have their weaknesses and each of them can be turned into killing machines.

With enough effort, you can still recruit almost everyone else from different houses too. That might save you headaches down the line. I'm curious to try the mode with the Black Eagles down the road. Still need to finish my first playthrough though! ?

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Got my Switch and the Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition today.

3zI9PgT.jpg 

That is beautiful. Let me know how that game is. I'm considering picking it up at some point in the future. Hope you enjoy the new system. I use mine all the time! Great for travel too. Never had issues getting through airport security either! ?

This week, I've been going back to Breath of the Wild again lately. It's been a month since I've played it, and it's just one of those games you can pull out of your collection and waste 3 hours without thinking. I've done like half of the shrines and have unlocked almost all of the map. I think I'm at around 55-60 hours into it too. 

• Like 1

For some reason, Walmart seems to have a lot of new Switch games for $10 less than MSRP.  So I went on a little field trip this morning to hit up a few Walmarts in the area and see if any had copies of Link's Awakening.

Was a little hard to find actually but one did have it for the right price.  So it's in my possession and I'm likely going to start playing Link's Awakening soon (still trying to balance time between FFXIV and other games).  Pretty excited, I remember playing the original on Gameboy as a kid, sitting on the futon in my bedroom 'til the wee hours of the morning.  Up until Breath of the Wild, it was the only Zelda game I honestly played from start to finish and I loved it.  Such a fun idea to remake it and it looks great.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

I just got my Switch lite today and Fire Emblem alongside with it I am excited to be apart of the Switch community now 

Nice! Which color did you go with the Lite? And what other games are you looking forward to playing? Welcome to the "Switch owners' club"! 

I put Fire Emblem on hold temporarily as I got Link's Awakening and started playing that. I've cleared the first 5 dungeons and loving the game so far (haven't played the original on Game Boy). The visual style is really eye-catching. 

The EU limited edition came with nice extras: a Game Boy look-a-like Steelbook case and a hardcover artbook.

tumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo10_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo7_640.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo3_1280.jpg

On 9/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Eyjabria said:

Nice! Which color did you go with the Lite? And what other games are you looking forward to playing? Welcome to the "Switch owners' club"! 

I put Fire Emblem on hold temporarily as I got Link's Awakening and started playing that. I've cleared the first 5 dungeons and loving the game so far (haven't played the original on Game Boy). The visual style is really eye-catching. 

The EU limited edition came with nice extras: a Game Boy look-a-like Steelbook case and a hardcover artbook.

tumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo10_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo7_640.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo3_1280.jpg

Damn, that's nice. US only got the art book. 

Been enjoying the Switch Lite so far. 

On 9/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Eyjabria said:

I just saw this and I went with the lite and I got Turquoise, other than FE I'm looking forward to Pokemon and Astral chain to name a few 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DarkLoba13 said:

Finally pre-ordered my Nintendo Switch Lite - Zacian and Zamazenta Edition (10/11/19), really late but better late than never! Can't wait!

I'm soo pumped for Pokemon! Can't wait to play this. Only 1 month away!!! I took off that Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to sink some time into this game. 

Had the PTO to use, so why not!?!?

13 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm soo pumped for Pokemon! Can't wait to play this. Only 1 month away!!! I took off that Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to sink some time into this game. 

Not gonna lie, game releases are the main reason I use my PTO these days. xD  Usually don't have much else going on.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm actually not interested in the games coming out associated with this edition, lol, my first Switch game will be Link's Awakening. I just wanted this specific edition of the Switch Lite. :P

Edited by DarkLoba13
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

I have only played 3 games on the Switch, but I am guessing I have played the system for around 500 hours. Including the price of the system and games, that is only about a dollar an hour.  What a bargain 1f601.png

Your backloggery picture mentioning Trails of Cold Steel reminds me that I'm playing that on PS4 right now, and in that series I have only skipped the Crossbell duo so far. With the Vita being officially dead, I dream of a day when the whole series is on Switch. I loved having the first two Trails in the Sky games in portable PSP form. It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. So far I've played it on 3 platforms (Trails in the Sky 1-2 on Vita, 3 on PC, and Trails of Cold Steel on PS4).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Your backloggery picture mentioning Trails of Cold Steel reminds me that I'm playing that on PS4 right now, and in that series I have only skipped the Crossbell duo so far. With the Vita being officially dead, I dream of a day when the whole series is on Switch. I loved having the first two Trails in the Sky games in portable PSP form. It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. So far I've played it on 3 platforms (Trails in the Sky 1-2 on Vita, 3 on PC, and Trails of Cold Steel on PS4).

Are any of these games on Switch? If so, any recommendations? I've never played one of these games before, but I have always thought about grabbing one. Might look towards the switch version at the right price if they're available.

I'm almost ready to finish up yet another playthrough of Link to the Past on the SNES app (I've probably played through that game 7 or 8 times since it was first released), then I'll have to decide what to play next on my Switch. I'm thinking it'll probably be Ori and the Blind Forest, and Santa will bring Link's Awakening for Christmas.

Has anybody played Ori? Looks like it's received quite a bit of praise.

18 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Are any of these games on Switch? If so, any recommendations? I've never played one of these games before, but I have always thought about grabbing one. Might look towards the switch version at the right price if they're available.

No, they are all on Sony or PC platforms. There is a big overarching story, so starting at the beginning is best (Trails in the Sky for PSP or PC). If you don't want to do that, you can start with Trails of Cold Steel 1 on PS4 (or PS3 or Vita), but you'll miss a decent amount of big events in that "universe". I actually intend to go backwards and play the 2 Japanese-only games I skipped, once the fan translation of the first one is done.

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I played it on Xbox One, and I really liked it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Cold Steel 3 and Fire Emblem were my most anticipated games of 2019 by far and I hope to pick up CS3 very soon (even though I probably won't get to it for a while). Thoughts so far?  I too am hoping for Switch ports.  Subbed versions of the Crossbell games would be amazing.

4 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I absolutely LOVED it on PC.  Can't wait for Ori and the Will of the Wisps next year.  Dunno about the Switch but I'm sure it's just as good or better on there.

38 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

I just got Dragon Quest XI S for Switch and I am loving it. Can't wait to see what the new features the Switch version has.

I played the demo for that on the Switch the other day and it convinced me to buy a cheap PS4 copy of it on eBay. xD  Looking forward to starting it eventually!  The 2D mode in the Switch one seemed interesting for sure.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, awf9495 said:

Cold Steel 3 and Fire Emblem were my most anticipated games of 2019 by far and I hope to pick up CS3 very soon (even though I probably won't get to it for a while). Thoughts so far?  I too am hoping for Switch ports.  Subbed versions of the Crossbell games would be amazing.

If you're asking for thoughts on Cold Steel, I'm actually playing the first one. I have heard that CS3 ties in to the Crossbell games pretty heavily so I'm planning to play the fan translations before i get to CS3.

I like Cold Steel 1, but the change from a Bracer adventurer setting to a more structured school setting definitely has a different feel. I also found the change in the quartz system to take some getting used to. I like it, but I'm not really used to the new systems after playing 3 Trails in the Sky games. The story - as always in this series - is great and I expect there are some big twists and turns left to come.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

If you're asking for thoughts on Cold Steel, I'm actually playing the first one. I have heard that CS3 ties in to the Crossbell games pretty heavily so I'm planning to play the fan translations before i get to CS3.

I like Cold Steel 1, but the change from a Bracer adventurer setting to a more structured school setting definitely has a different feel. I also found the change in the quartz system to take some getting used to. I like it, but I'm not really used to the new systems after playing 3 Trails in the Sky games. The story - as always in this series - is great and I expect there are some big twists and turns left to come.

My bad. I was thinking you were already on CS3. I've only played the 1st Trails in the Sky and the first two Cold Steel games. The 1st Cold Steel is my 2nd favorite game on the Vita). I really liked how much time was taken to build the lore, characters, and world in the beginning.

You are certainly correct about big twists and turns. Hope they are as impactful on you as they were for me.

42 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

My bad. I was thinking you were already on CS3. I've only played the 1st Trails in the Sky and the first two Cold Steel games. The 1st Cold Steel is my 2nd favorite game on the Vita). I really liked how much time was taken to build the lore, characters, and world in the beginning.

You are certainly correct about big twists and turns. Hope they are as impactful on you as they were for me.

Now that I check again, I'm on Chapter 6 out of 7 total. So I guess I'm closer to the end than I thought.

If you've only played the first Trails in the Sky, I definitely recommend playing 2 and 3. They're great. TitS 2 is a huge game too, I think it's twice as big as the first one. 2 is more about combat than exploration, but it still has a very important story to tell.

I see you got the Platinums in both Cold Steel 1 and 2. I am specifically NOT going for Platinums or using guides in this series. Sure, I'll miss out on some side content but that's okay. I gave up on trophies for JRPGs a long time ago.

Edited by MosesRockefeller