The Shopkeeper

Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Questions for Switch gamers   189 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of these announced Nintendo-published titles will you probably/definitely buy day one?

    • Bayonetta 3
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • Fire Emblem (no official title yet)
    • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
    • Kirby Star Allies
    • Mario Tennis Aces
    • Metroid Prime 4 (no official title yet)
    • Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit
    • Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit
    • Pokémon (no official title yet)
    • Yoshi (no official title yet)
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles day one, but I'll buy one or more of them eventually
    • I don't think I'll buy any of these titles at all
  2. 2. Which of these best-selling (over 1M in sales) Wii U titles (that don't have a sequel/port yet) would you like to see a sequel and/or port for on the Switch?

    • New Super Mario Bros. U
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Nintendo Land
    • Super Mario Maker
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Mario Party 10
    • I don't want to play sequels/ports of any of these titles
  3. 3. How many hours have you put into your most-played Siwtch game?


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,482 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2019 at 8:01 AM, Dreakon13 said:

I wonder if Deadly Premonition on the Switch will actually not run like crap and crash every 10 minutes... because if so, I may actually pick it up at some point.

 

EDIT: Also kinda thinking about picking up the game Chasm.  But would prefer either catching it on sale or going physical if it ever gets that treatment someday.

I bought it day one. Big fan of the game. It  runs better than PS3 (no crashes so far with 4~5 hours of gameplay) I have noticed some problems with the audio from time to time though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I just learned that Nintendo made a new Switch accessory and a RPG disguised as an fitness game. I want to try to lose some weight, so I want to give it a shot when I have the chance.

 

Have you tried Fitness Boxing? It's great for getting some exercise and actually quite fun. There's a variety of different routines (with jabs, straights, hooks, uppercuts, blocking, weaving, ducking, etc.) and selection for exercise duration and speed.

The game has helped with my stiff shoulders and you can get a good sweat playing it when you go for some of the more intense routines. We have played it every evening with my husband for the past 4 months. I've heard people have had good results using the game for losing weight as well.

There's a demo available on eShop if you want to try it out.

 

I saw the trailer for Ring Fit Adventure and it looked like it might be fun. The visuals made it look like a mobile game and I'm not sold on the gameplay I saw. I'm going to see some reviews before even considering getting it. I was hoping for a new Wii Fit, though I occasionally still play Wii Fit U on Wii U.

Edited by Eyjabria
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Preordered the special edition of Rune Factory 4 for Switch.

 

Rune-Factory-4-Special-Archival-Edition_ 

Rune Factory 4 on 3DS was fun. Looking forward to seeing the extras. And it'll fill in time until Rune Factory 5 comes out. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So guys, with the release of Maddening Mode on FE Three Houses, I am asking if I should attempt Maddening Mode through New Game Plus just to make it somewhat easier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

So guys, with the release of Maddening Mode on FE Three Houses, I am asking if I should attempt Maddening Mode through New Game Plus just to make it somewhat easier.

If you are going to attempt it, this is the best way to go. Not sure if you'd consider any house better than another though. They all have their weaknesses and each of them can be turned into killing machines.

 

With enough effort, you can still recruit almost everyone else from different houses too. That might save you headaches down the line. I'm curious to try the mode with the Black Eagles down the road. Still need to finish my first playthrough though! 😅

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Got my Switch and the Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition today.

 

3zI9PgT.jpg 

That is beautiful. Let me know how that game is. I'm considering picking it up at some point in the future. Hope you enjoy the new system. I use mine all the time! Great for travel too. Never had issues getting through airport security either! 😅

 

 

 

This week, I've been going back to Breath of the Wild again lately. It's been a month since I've played it, and it's just one of those games you can pull out of your collection and waste 3 hours without thinking. I've done like half of the shrines and have unlocked almost all of the map. I think I'm at around 55-60 hours into it too. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, Walmart seems to have a lot of new Switch games for $10 less than MSRP.  So I went on a little field trip this morning to hit up a few Walmarts in the area and see if any had copies of Link's Awakening.

 

Was a little hard to find actually but one did have it for the right price.  So it's in my possession and I'm likely going to start playing Link's Awakening soon (still trying to balance time between FFXIV and other games).  Pretty excited, I remember playing the original on Gameboy as a kid, sitting on the futon in my bedroom 'til the wee hours of the morning.  Up until Breath of the Wild, it was the only Zelda game I honestly played from start to finish and I loved it.  Such a fun idea to remake it and it looks great.

Edited by Dreakon13
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my Switch lite today and Fire Emblem alongside with it I am excited to be apart of the Switch community now 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

I just got my Switch lite today and Fire Emblem alongside with it I am excited to be apart of the Switch community now 

 

Nice! Which color did you go with the Lite? And what other games are you looking forward to playing? Welcome to the "Switch owners' club"! 

 

I put Fire Emblem on hold temporarily as I got Link's Awakening and started playing that. I've cleared the first 5 dungeons and loving the game so far (haven't played the original on Game Boy). The visual style is really eye-catching. 

The EU limited edition came with nice extras: a Game Boy look-a-like Steelbook case and a hardcover artbook.

 

tumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo10_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo7_640.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo3_1280.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Eyjabria said:

 

Nice! Which color did you go with the Lite? And what other games are you looking forward to playing? Welcome to the "Switch owners' club"! 

 

I put Fire Emblem on hold temporarily as I got Link's Awakening and started playing that. I've cleared the first 5 dungeons and loving the game so far (haven't played the original on Game Boy). The visual style is really eye-catching. 

The EU limited edition came with nice extras: a Game Boy look-a-like Steelbook case and a hardcover artbook.

 

tumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo10_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo7_640.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo3_1280.jpg

Damn, that's nice. US only got the art book. 

 

Been enjoying the Switch Lite so far. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally beat Cuphead ☺️. I needed to step away from that game and take a break a few times, but I'm pleased I was finally able to complete the game. Those boss battles are no joke!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Eyjabria said:

 

Nice! Which color did you go with the Lite? And what other games are you looking forward to playing? Welcome to the "Switch owners' club"! 

 

I put Fire Emblem on hold temporarily as I got Link's Awakening and started playing that. I've cleared the first 5 dungeons and loving the game so far (haven't played the original on Game Boy). The visual style is really eye-catching. 

The EU limited edition came with nice extras: a Game Boy look-a-like Steelbook case and a hardcover artbook.

 

tumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo10_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo7_640.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pyc11729Bo1tyw21qo3_1280.jpg

I just saw this and I went with the lite and I got Turquoise, other than FE I'm looking forward to Pokemon and Astral chain to name a few 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally pre-ordered my Nintendo Switch Lite - Zacian and Zamazenta Edition (10/11/19), really late but better late than never! Can't wait!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkLoba13 said:

Finally pre-ordered my Nintendo Switch Lite - Zacian and Zamazenta Edition (10/11/19), really late but better late than never! Can't wait!

I'm soo pumped for Pokemon! Can't wait to play this. Only 1 month away!!! I took off that Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to sink some time into this game. 

 

Had the PTO to use, so why not!?!?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm soo pumped for Pokemon! Can't wait to play this. Only 1 month away!!! I took off that Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to sink some time into this game. 

 

Had the PTO to use, so why not!?!?

 

Not gonna lie, game releases are the main reason I use my PTO these days. xD  Usually don't have much else going on.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm soo pumped for Pokemon! Can't wait to play this. Only 1 month away!!! I took off that Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday to sink some time into this game. 

 

Had the PTO to use, so why not!?!?

 

I'm actually not interested in the games coming out associated with this edition, lol, my first Switch game will be Link's Awakening. I just wanted this specific edition of the Switch Lite. :P

Edited by DarkLoba13
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only played 3 games on the Switch, but I am guessing I have played the system for around 500 hours. Including the price of the system and games, that is only about a dollar an hour.  What a bargain 😁

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

I have only played 3 games on the Switch, but I am guessing I have played the system for around 500 hours. Including the price of the system and games, that is only about a dollar an hour.  What a bargain 1f601.png

Your backloggery picture mentioning Trails of Cold Steel reminds me that I'm playing that on PS4 right now, and in that series I have only skipped the Crossbell duo so far. With the Vita being officially dead, I dream of a day when the whole series is on Switch. I loved having the first two Trails in the Sky games in portable PSP form. It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. So far I've played it on 3 platforms (Trails in the Sky 1-2 on Vita, 3 on PC, and Trails of Cold Steel on PS4).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Your backloggery picture mentioning Trails of Cold Steel reminds me that I'm playing that on PS4 right now, and in that series I have only skipped the Crossbell duo so far. With the Vita being officially dead, I dream of a day when the whole series is on Switch. I loved having the first two Trails in the Sky games in portable PSP form. It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. So far I've played it on 3 platforms (Trails in the Sky 1-2 on Vita, 3 on PC, and Trails of Cold Steel on PS4).

Are any of these games on Switch? If so, any recommendations? I've never played one of these games before, but I have always thought about grabbing one. Might look towards the switch version at the right price if they're available.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost ready to finish up yet another playthrough of Link to the Past on the SNES app (I've probably played through that game 7 or 8 times since it was first released), then I'll have to decide what to play next on my Switch. I'm thinking it'll probably be Ori and the Blind Forest, and Santa will bring Link's Awakening for Christmas.

 

Has anybody played Ori? Looks like it's received quite a bit of praise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Are any of these games on Switch? If so, any recommendations? I've never played one of these games before, but I have always thought about grabbing one. Might look towards the switch version at the right price if they're available.

No, they are all on Sony or PC platforms. There is a big overarching story, so starting at the beginning is best (Trails in the Sky for PSP or PC). If you don't want to do that, you can start with Trails of Cold Steel 1 on PS4 (or PS3 or Vita), but you'll miss a decent amount of big events in that "universe". I actually intend to go backwards and play the 2 Japanese-only games I skipped, once the fan translation of the first one is done.

 

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Has anybody played Ori? Looks like it's received quite a bit of praise.

I played it on Xbox One, and I really liked it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Your backloggery picture mentioning Trails of Cold Steel reminds me that I'm playing that on PS4 right now, and in that series I have only skipped the Crossbell duo so far. With the Vita being officially dead, I dream of a day when the whole series is on Switch. I loved having the first two Trails in the Sky games in portable PSP form. It probably won't happen, but a man can dream. So far I've played it on 3 platforms (Trails in the Sky 1-2 on Vita, 3 on PC, and Trails of Cold Steel on PS4).

 

Cold Steel 3 and Fire Emblem were my most anticipated games of 2019 by far and I hope to pick up CS3 very soon (even though I probably won't get to it for a while). Thoughts so far?  I too am hoping for Switch ports.  Subbed versions of the Crossbell games would be amazing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got Dragon Quest XI S for Switch and I am loving it. Can't wait to see what the new features the Switch version has.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.