Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Pretty sure you unlock a new character after every first normal match you play after booting the game up.  Unless they patched it... you can just keep closing the game after each match/unlock, then re-open the game, play a match, unlock, close the game, re-open, rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Chiming in to tell you that I finished Xenoblade X last night. I have a feeling it's worth playing until the end. I don't know how far you're in the main story, but chapter 5 had a really cool plot twist and the last chapter (chapter 12) is amazing IMO.

I had problems knowing how to fulfill the story mission prerequisites (affinity missions, etc.) or where to find items required sometimes, so I actively used a wiki to find NPC and item locations: https://xenoblade.fandom.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Chronicles_X That made playing a lot smoother and I didn't have to waste time running around aimlessly. 

Once you get your Skell license, leveling up becomes a lot faster and easier. And once you get a flight module to your Skell, exploration and installing probes on Mira gets really fast and easy. When you get your Skell, upgrade it to a lv 30 Skell frame as soon as possible and get a G-Buster shoulder weapon (same goes for your party). A team of 4 lv 30 Skells can wreck many lv60 enemies. 

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a really impressive game in terms of scale and scope of the world, one of the most ambitious games I've seen and I'm surprised it runs so well on Wii U. I was also surprised the online features are still active (minus Miiverse integration). I'm going to continue playing post-game content at least for a while to see what kind of higher level Skells and/or additional content become available.

I don't know how far I am either. Chapter 2 or 3 I think. I was very lost in the game, just like you said, "running around aimlessly". I did want to play far enough for the Skells, but I just don't think I have it in me. I hate MMOs and this game is too much like a MMO for me. I didn't even want to create a character for it; I much prefer having a set character to play as.

I noticed that the trade-in value of the game is really bad (unusual for a Nintendo game), so I might as well give it another shot. But I predict the annoying stuff will still vastly outweigh the things I like.

Speaking of the online features and Miiverse integration, XCX isn't the only game guilty of this, but the Miiverse messages are really annoying. Why couldn't Nintendo have patched out that damn message? They should just skip the Miiverse stuff completely. I don't need multiple warnings every single time I launch a game with Miiverse integration!

19 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know how far I am either. Chapter 2 or 3 I think. I was very lost in the game, just like you said, "running around aimlessly". I did want to play far enough for the Skells, but I just don't think I have it in me. I hate MMOs and this game is too much like a MMO for me. I didn't even want to create a character for it; I much prefer having a set character to play as.

I noticed that the trade-in value of the game is really bad (unusual for a Nintendo game), so I might as well give it another shot. But I predict the annoying stuff will still vastly outweigh the things I like.

Speaking of the online features and Miiverse integration, XCX isn't the only game guilty of this, but the Miiverse messages are really annoying. Why couldn't Nintendo have patched out that damn message? They should just skip the Miiverse stuff completely. I don't need multiple warnings every single time I launch a game with Miiverse integration!

Ah, if you don't like playing the game maybe you can watch videos of the story if the story is your main interest. No use wasting your time doing something you don't enjoy. 

And I agree about the annoying Miiverse error message. Probably no one wanted to use their resources to patch the game. Good thing is the game starts quickly anyhow. 

Now I'm waiting for Ruiner to come out on Switch so I can "triple-dip". It was one of my favorite games last year, played it first on Xbox Game Pass for PC and then on Steam too.

9 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I got Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore for Switch today. And I have completed the prologue and I am loving the changes to it.

So happy to see others are playing! I finished the game over the weekend and enjoyed even more than the first game. I agree, the changes for Encore make it alot more fun. The battle system is a blast!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I've been trying out a bunch of characters in Smash Ultimate and... well... either I can't use them, their moves and controls are bad or I'm just bad at the game in general.

Honestly... it's more likely the last item... *sighs* 1f61e.png

It may not be the character. There's a successful formula to becoming a good player. 

Not sure if this will help, but here are some general tips for smash if you're new.

1. Don't spam smash attacks (even when the enemy is at high damage). It's easy to predict and dodge. Use them sparingly so that it's harder to predict. Though, it's not a terrible way to finish opponents; just time it instead of throwing it out there.

2. Don't dodge repeatedly to get away. Again, it's easy to predict and punish. Plus you get slower for each subsequent dodge.

3. Use your shield and grab. This is a good mix up that can surprise opponents and can help build up damage.

4. Edge-guarding separates the good from the great. Remember to attack where your opponent will be, not where they are. It's good to practice this with easier characters like Kirby, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Rob, or King K Rook (essentially characters with easy recovers).

5. Remember to try and dominate the middle of the field and force your opponent to the edges. This is how you control the flow of the game.

6. Lastly, watch YT of competitive smash players who use your favorite characters. You can pick up a lot on how to effectively use a character.

That's what I've learned playing. Not sure if it'll help you out or not.

OH, Btw, I got my first shiny in Pokemon Sword!!! I'm really excited about it. It happened to be a random encounter in a raid with a couple of friends, and better yet, it was a Corsola! 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I finally got Ring Fit Adventure during the weekend and played the first world yesterday. Been playing Fitness Boxing daily for 300 days now and still got a bit sore shoulders from Ring Fit. I took it easy in the beginning to avoid the same fate as with Fitness Boxing - could barely pull up my pants after the first workouts. ? 

Seems like a fun game so far and the exercises work up a good sweat. The controls work well and the Ring Con seems impressively durable.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention it was pretty hard to find Ring Fit Adventure. Seems to be sold out at most retailers. We had to check several stores and the fifth store had only 3 games left on the shelf. We kind of wanted to get the game now because the weather has been pretty poor and before we're put into quarantine or something. A few confirmed COVID-19 infections in our city too.

Edited by Eyjabria

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... I HAVE to be at the end of World of Light/Dark. I just HAVE to be.

I beat Dharkon. It didn't take me as long to beat him as it took me to beat Galeem but it still took longer than it probably should have.

Then I did the slightly annoying puzzle where you have to beat an equal amount of Light & Dark Spirits.

Then I played as Master Hand. Which, honestly, was probably the weirdest and funnest thing I've done in all of World of Light/Dark.

Now Galeem and Dharkon are ready to be fought again. Luckily not at the same time.

THIS IS THE END RIGHT?! ?

• Like 1

Only a few days left until the Animal Crossing Limited Edition console is out. I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Today our government decided to close down schools (students move to online education) and they're making preparations to close the borders from passenger traffic. They also prohibited public gatherings of more than 10 people. Not really sure yet how this will affect shopping centres for example (I have a pre-order in from a store located in a shopping centre).

My employer wished we'd work remotely 100% of the time for now, but it's not a big change for me since I've already worked from home 4 days a week. 

There are ~240 confirmed corona infections in our country at the moment, most of them here in the capital city/area. 

It was kind of surreal to see how there were quite few people in the city center last weekend and a food delivery agent was wearing a gas mask while biking. Pretty post-apocalyptic feel. And what is with the god damn toilet paper hoarding!? All grocery stores seem to have empty toilet paper shelves. I've never seen anything like this. 

On the bright side, I can just get a digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons in case stores are closed on Friday. Then I can start a new game or whatever on the new console when I get it. Or I can wait until I get the console + download code and start playing then. First world problems. :blush: 

How is everyone doing and how are you coping with the pandemic and its side-effects?

Edited by Eyjabria

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Only a few days left until the Animal Crossing Limited Edition console is out. I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Today our government decided to close down schools (students move to online education) and they're making preparations to close the borders from passenger traffic. They also prohibited public gatherings of more than 10 people. Not really sure yet how this will affect shopping centres for example (I have a pre-order in from a store located in a shopping centre).

My employer wished we'd work remotely 100% of the time for now, but it's not a big change for me since I've already worked from home 4 days a week. 

There are ~240 confirmed corona infections in our country at the moment, most of them here in the capital city/area. 

It was kind of surreal to see how there were quite few people in the city center last weekend and a food delivery agent was wearing a gas mask while biking. Pretty post-apocalyptic feel. And what is with the god damn toilet paper hoarding!? All grocery stores seem to have empty toilet paper shelves. I've never seen anything like this. 

On the bright side, I can just get a digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons in case stores are closed on Friday. Then I can start a new game or whatever on the new console when I get it. Or I can wait until I get the console + download code and start playing then. First world problems. :blush: 

How is everyone doing and how are you coping with the pandemic and its side-effects?

Yeah, I was going to go to the nearest store and pick up Animal Crossing on Friday, but now I wonder if it's just best to go digital or wait until the panic dies down.

Stores are pretty wiped when it comes to supplies here, and I've had a cold the past few days so I'm trying to avoid people. Not because I think I have it, but to keep the panic around me down to a minimum (definitely see the fear in people's eyes when you're coughing 6 feet away from them). 

I'm still planning on picking it up soon though. This is like the perfect thing to play locked in your home! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I was going to go to the nearest store and pick up Animal Crossing on Friday, but now I wonder if it's just best to go digital or wait until the panic dies down.

Stores are pretty wiped when it comes to supplies here, and I've had a cold the past few days so I'm trying to avoid people. Not because I think I have it, but to keep the panic around me down to a minimum (definitely see the fear in people's eyes when you're coughing 6 feet away from them). 

I'm still planning on picking it up soon though. This is like the perfect thing to play locked in your home! 

Yea going digital is probably the best way ether that or orders it via Amazon and gets it delivered it to you. I am probably going to wait a bit since I'm getting a couple of games other than animal crossing, and I have many more playthroughs of FE 3H to do haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yuna4353 said:

Yea going digital is probably the best way ether that or orders it via Amazon and gets it delivered it to you. I am probably going to wait a bit since I'm getting a couple of games other than animal crossing, and I have many more playthroughs of FE 3H to do haha.

I'm on my second playthrough rn. Haha. I'm going Black Eagles this time on hard mode, and I'm going to see if it's possible to beat by skipping all activities.

I'm on chapter 8 right now and it's been tough, but I haven't lost anyone yet. However, it's extremely difficult to keep all my units on a decent level. Byleth, Petra, and Edelgard are the only ones keeping up with the enemies. Everyone else is a bit underleveled. Not having Edelgard while saving Flayne was tough though. I couldn't even fill all my unit spots!

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm on my second playthrough rn. Haha. I'm going Black Eagles this time on hard mode, and I'm going to see if it's possible to beat by skipping all activities.

I'm on chapter 8 right now and it's been tough, but I haven't lost anyone yet. However, it's extremely difficult to keep all my units on a decent level. Byleth, Petra, and Edelgard are the only ones keeping up with the enemies. Everyone else is a bit underleveled. Not having Edelgard while saving Flayne was tough though. I couldn't even fill all my unit spots!

Yea I'm doing BL again because io want to see the new CS supports

I was gonna go pick up Animal Crossing Friday, but switched it to delivery. It should still be here Friday. The reviews look good. I haven't played an Animal Crossing in a really long time, so looking forward to this one. :)

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I don't get the toilet paper and especially bottled water hoarding. Then again, my wife comes from a country where bidets are the norm, so we use way less toilet paper in our household than most people. With two kids that are almost 6 and 3, baby wipes are actually much more essential in our house.

I wonder if COVID-19 will finally push some of the die-hard "physical copy or bust" gamers to digital? Nah, who am I kidding. ? I'm almost completely digital now, so my gaming won't have to change much no matter how bad the changes to infrastructure get.

Animal Crossing does seem like a good game to dig into over the next month, but life sim games have never appealed to me. I guess I'll keep at my PS4 and Switch backlog.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Get well soon!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I wonder if COVID-19 will finally push some of the die-hard "physical copy or bust" gamers to digital? Nah, who am I kidding. 1f644.png

:D Oh stop.

I don't see myself changing my habits too aggressively, though I may end up double dipping on digital copies of a few noteworthy releases this year depending on how things play out.  Let's focus on things like better hygiene/social practices in general and not hording supplies from the people who need them, if there are priorities/lessons to learn from COVID-19.  Over the format in which we enjoy our hobbies.

On 3/16/2020 at 5:45 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Dude, me too.  What a fucking miserably bad time to get a chest cold/a nasty cough the last few days.  I have no COVID-19 symptoms other than a cough but I've basically quarantined myself anyways just in case (thankfully my work let us work from home right at the same time).  I live on my own so just have myself to worry about mostly, but I've had to beat my family away with brooms while reassuring them I'm fine... at the moment. ?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

:D Oh stop.

I don't see myself changing my habits too aggressively, though I may end up double dipping on digital copies of a few noteworthy releases this year depending on how things play out.  Let's focus on things like better hygiene in general and not hording supplies from the people who need them, if there are priorities/lessons to learn from COVID-19.  Over the format in which we enjoy our hobbies.

Dude, me too.  What a fucking miserably bad time to get a chest cold/a nasty cough the last few days.  I have no COVID-19 symptoms other than a cough but I've basically quarantined myself anyways just in case (thankfully my work let us work from home right at the same time).  I live on my own so just have myself to worry about mostly, but I've had to beat my family away with brooms while reassuring them I'm fine... at the moment. 1f605.png

Yeah, I'm not showing any signs of shortness of breath or fever so I'm in the same boat. It's been mostly a sore throat and cough. Since I am pretty much self-quarantining myself to some extent, I've picked up the Dragon Quest trilogy on the switch to keep me busy while I lay low.

I'm pretty lucky that I can work from home right now too. In fact, our office shut down Monday due to a panic that some co-workers may have been in contact with someone who has the virus. Not a bad trade off since now I can play video games on my lunch! xD

Anyways, get well soon! I feel a lot better now than I did over the weekend, but I still can't get over this damn cough. Haha.

8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I'm not showing any signs of shortness of breath or fever so I'm in the same boat. It's been mostly a sore throat and cough. Since I am pretty much self-quarantining myself to some extent, I've picked up the Dragon Quest trilogy on the switch to keep me busy while I lay low.

I'm pretty lucky that I can work from home right now too. In fact, our office shut down Monday due to a panic that some co-workers may have been in contact with someone who has the virus. Not a bad trade off since now I can play video games on my lunch! xD

Anyways, get well soon! I feel a lot better now than I did over the weekend, but I still can't get over this damn cough. Haha.

I'm starting to realize that I just can't play video games when something is on my mind.  Be it work related, being sick myself, global pandemics or you know, whatever.  Gaming is apparently what I do when "everything is good" and I can take a breath and relax.

So I haven't gotten much gaming done but I'm watching TV basically all day while I work.  Monday was Family Guy day, Tuesday was It's Always Sunny, today was The Office.  Gonna get a lifetime of half hour sitcoms and cartoons in these next few weeks/months.

I guess it could be worse. :D 

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1