Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

This is the most informative trailer/promo video I've ever seen. A perfect video for potential Xeno- series newcomers.

In its 6 minutes it explains the game's world, tells what the story is about, shows the list of characters, demonstrates the battle system, explains what you do when you're not fighting, and shows what was added to the remaster.

I'm sold. I'll buy it whenever I get the Switch itself.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2020 at 7:13 AM, Alderriz said:

This is the most informative trailer/promo video I've ever seen. A perfect video for potential Xeno- series newcomers.

In its 6 minutes it explains the game's world, tells what the story is about, shows the list of characters, demonstrates the battle system, explains what you do when you're not fighting, and shows what was added to the remaster.

Thank you for sharing this, I've never played a Xeboblade game before but I think I'm going to get this and see what all the love is about! 

So I take it this is the first one, does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 follow on from this game or is it a separate game? Just thinking if I'm getting this one, I might as well get the other one as well ?

Edited by AshestoAshes28
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:13 AM, Alderriz said:

I'd also like to thank you for this. I think I'm sold now. lol.

Also @AshestoAshes28 I've been asking about the sequel as well when I was considering getting this and people have told me that it takes place in a different setting with different characters that's unrelated to the original game whatsoever but there is a reference to it. But don't quote me on that because I don't know for certain. lol. Someone else who is more knowledge about it will have to post with definitive information.

Honestly... I'm likely getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well so I can play this and then 2. But just me obviously. ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 follow on from this game or is it a separate game? 

Not sure. From what I've read, it's not a direct sequel, but there are some connections and references to the first game.

It is set in a parallel universe with similar mythology or something like that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'd also like to thank you for this. I think I'm sold now. lol.

Also @AshestoAshes28 I've been asking about the sequel as well when I was considering getting this and people have told me that it takes place in a different setting with different characters that's unrelated to the original game whatsoever but there is a reference to it. But don't quote me on that because I don't know for certain. lol. Someone else who is more knowledge about it will have to post with definitive information.

Honestly... I'm likely getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well so I can play this and then 2. But just me obviously. 1f605.png

I think I'll probably do the same just in case and I suppose it never hurts to have another game on the shelf, right ?

@Alderriz, thank you for the answer, I think I'm going to buy it anyway so I can have the full experience and just in case it is really ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

I suppose it never hurts to have another game on the shelf, right 1f602.png

Not until you realize you can't get them to fit nicely in a row in alphabetical order and have to stack them on top of each other however they best fit the space and then everything looks like a huge mess...  So many awesome games and too little space for them on the bookshelf. :|

I'm still on the fence with Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I already have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for 3DS (haven't started it yet). I'm somewhat interested in the collector's edition of the Switch remake but can't find any info if the EU version's artbook is hardcover or not. Not interested in any of the other bonus stuff in the package (vinyl record, steelbook) and the price is pretty high. Might go with the standard physical version this time and not sure if I'll get the game at launch. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is its own game with different characters and unrelated plot but like @Alderriz mentioned, there are some reoccurring elements in the series. You don't have to play the games in the correct order to understand the events. XC2 is a really good game and I recommend it. And if you have a Wii U, I recommend picking up Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Not until you realize you can't get them to fit nicely in a row in alphabetical order and have to stack them on top of each other however they best fit the space and then everything looks like a huge mess...  So many awesome games and too little space for them on the bookshelf. :|

I'm still on the fence with Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I already have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for 3DS (haven't started it yet). I'm somewhat interested in the collector's edition of the Switch remake but can't find any info if the EU version's artbook is hardcover or not. Not interested in any of the other bonus stuff in the package (vinyl record, steelbook) and the price is pretty high. Might go with the standard physical version this time and not sure if I'll get the game at launch. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is its own game with different characters and unrelated plot but like @Alderriz mentioned, there are some reoccurring elements in the series. You don't have to play the games in the correct order to understand the events. XC2 is a really good game and I recommend it. And if you have a Wii U, I recommend picking up Xenoblade Chronicles X.

It's like you read my mind ? I don't have any space left for mine and I've stacked them vertically ? There's just too many good games and so little space ?

I do have the Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii but I think a rebuy with better graphics, the new expansion and all the extras is worth buying it again I suppose, plus I didn't play it the first time anyway, so there's no real loss anyway. I'm looking at buying the bundle with the poster and keyring, not much I know but it makes the £50 price tag a bit better to swallow ?

I did have a Wii U but I had to sell it a while ago due to money struggles.

• Like 1

I'm also looking forward to Paper Mario: The Origami King. I liked Paper Mario: Color Splash on Wii U (the only Paper Mario game I've played). It had incredibly amusing writing but its battle system got a bit tedious.
Nintendo had come up with a really cool use of the digital game manual in Color Splash. At one point in the game there was a "hint" to open the manual and there was a sort of a development diary explaining how they had come up with the idea presented in that particular scene and what kind of work it had involved. I hope they will continue making similar things with the manuals!

5 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I'm also looking forward to Paper Mario: The Origami King. I liked Paper Mario: Color Splash on Wii U (the only Paper Mario game I've played). It had incredibly amusing writing but its battle system got a bit tedious.
Nintendo had come up with a really cool use of the digital game manual in Color Splash. At one point in the game there was a "hint" to open the manual and there was a sort of a development diary explaining how they had come up with the idea presented in that particular scene and what kind of work it had involved. I hope they will continue making similar things with the manuals!

I only finished the 3DS one (Sticker Star) that everyone seemed to hate. So I'd probably also like the disliked Color Splash. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

Ordered a new switch controller(Gamecube style) that works best with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so hopefully the problem I had with my right Joy-Con won't happen again then I play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the new controller then I get it.

I thought that Metroid Reference was funny

paper-mario-the-origami-king.original.jp

Still I have only played the First(N64) and Sticker Star and maybe a demo of the Thousand Year Door, I still hope for a Gamecube Mini with Thousand Year Door as one of the games it comes with. Just might pre-order Origami King or wish for it to my birthday or Christmas.

One of my favorite games of all time, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is getting remade for the Switch.

I guess technically it is a remake of the GBA version of Back to Nature, which was called Friends of Mineral Town, but either way, I can't wait. I spent hundreds of hours playing both versions when I was younger and seeing the trailer brought back a lot of good memories. I wish XSeed has the rights to the Harvest Moon name, Story of Seasons just doesn't sound as good. July 18th is my birthday, so this releasing on July 14th and Ghost of Tsushima releasing on July 17th means I'm going to have a great birthday weekend.

Parker

11 hours ago, Parker said:

One of my favorite games of all time, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is getting remade for the Switch.

I guess technically it is a remake of the GBA version of Back to Nature, which was called Friends of Mineral Town, but either way, I can't wait. I spent hundreds of hours playing both versions when I was younger and seeing the trailer brought back a lot of good memories. I wish XSeed has the rights to the Harvest Moon name, Story of Seasons just doesn't sound as good. July 18th is my birthday, so this releasing on July 14th and Ghost of Tsushima releasing on July 17th means I'm going to have a great birthday weekend.

Parker

I'm really hyped for this as well and I've even booked some annual leave so I can play without having to worry about working ?!

I've grown up with Harvest Moon and the new remake looks a lot similar to Animal Parade which is my favourite Harvest Moon so I'm getting this day one!

I've got The Last of Us Part 2 releasing for my birthday, so looks like great times all round!

BTW, I thought I'd mention that new games are coming to the NES and SNES library.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/nintendo_expands_the_switch_online_snes_and_nes_service_with_four_more_titles

Panel de Pon is the game to look out for here. If you ever played Pokemon Puzzle league (or Puzzle league on GBA), this is the exact same thing. It's a great competitive puzzler that I spent hours on as a kid (usually getting destroyed by my brother). I think if you like Tetris, Dr. Mario, or other puzzle games, check this one out if you have NSO.

Thought I'd give a heads up since most of these games get glossed over if they're not first party games.

17 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

I'm really hyped for this as well and I've even booked some annual leave so I can play without having to worry about working 1f602.png!

I've grown up with Harvest Moon and the new remake looks a lot similar to Animal Parade which is my favourite Harvest Moon so I'm getting this day one!

I've got The Last of Us Part 2 releasing for my birthday, so looks like great times all round!

Animal Parade was a great game, not my favorite Wii Harvest Moon game, but a lot better than what is being released under the Harvest Moon name now. I personally thought Magical Melody was the best Wii Harvest Moon game, I loved it on GameCube but it had some performance issues, it was even better on Wii. Both those would be great candidates to be remade for Switch. 

Parker 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Not too far, just the beginning Colony 9 stuff, but seems it might be a good idea to put on Expert Mode. Not for difficulty, but seems it just puts a portion of XP to bonus XP pool, which player can then use to balance the party. Which is a similar system to Xenoblade 2. I recall it was fairly easy to overlevel by doing quests all day long in the original, so that shouldn't be a problem with the Expert option. Also got 100 000 funds for having played Xenoblade 2, which I suppose lets me buy important items like the bikini early on. Not sure what extra story does. If it's the rumored post-game area (Bionis Shoulder iirc) I rather not touch it yet.

Also decided to keep the original BGM and jap voice. Love the music toggle options, since I tend to be very nostalgic towards original game music.

Edited by mecharobot

^^^That's good to know but I don't like playing anything on hard difficulties so I'll probably just stick to normal.

Yep. As promised I bought it as well. Just don't expect me to play it anytime soon due to my still large backlog. Especially since I've forced myself to slow down a little because I felt like I was getting through my backlog too quickly.

Now I just have to find Xenoblade Chronicles 2... ?

Like I suspected, the artbook in EU Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition collector's edition is soft cover, so I'm glad I didn't pay 119 € for the package. 

Didn't get Xenoblade yet as I'm juggling a lot of games at the moment and I'm in the middle of Octopath Traveler on Switch. I really like Octopath Traveler. Even though I dislike random encounters, somehow they aren't that annoying in this game so far.
I started with H'aanit's story and have recruited all the other 7 characters. Tressa may be my favorite character so far in terms of the story. Boss battles have been quite challenging and I've had to retry some a few times. I should probably try to unlock more secondary jobs to make things easier. So far I only have apothecary unlocked and I can't decide which character would benefit of the class the most as I already have Alfyn in my party most of the time. 

Next week we'll apparently hear about the possible release date of Ruiner on Switch (or if we're lucky, it will be available on eShop right away)! I've already played the game multiple times on Xbox Game Pass for PC and Steam, but if it's reasonably priced, I'm going to get it day one for Switch. ?

35509.gif

• Like 1

New trailer for Pokemon DLC

Good to see these Pokemon returning
Lycanroc
Absol
Luxray
Garchomp
Aggron
Altaria
Mienshao
 and think some others were shown too.

And my current top 10 wishlist for Pokemon that I want to see return
1. Houndoom
2. Swanna
3. Zebstrika
4. Furfrou
5. Tyrantrum
6. Ampharos
7. Seviper
8. Mightyena
9. Swellow
10. Eelektross

At least Houndoom, Zebstrika and Swanna anyway.
As well as all starters.
Although I don't use Houndoom too often since Ninetales is my primary fire type.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

New trailer for Pokemon DLC

Okay, I'm almost sold on buying it after watching that trailer. Some interesting things I noted...

1.) I saw a Poliwhirl which means that Politoed has to be back, right? RIIIGHT!?!? It's one of my personal favorites. Also, showed a lot of returning Pokemon, but not any new ones outside of the Galarian Slowbro and the legendaries (though, I wonder how you'll get the new Regis? By those temples?). I think they are probably hiding more new Galarian forms. Really good way to tease us for sure.

2.) The size of the maps are actually bigger than I thought they'd be by the looks of it and aesthetically look refreshing and new. Looks like current and new Pokemon can be found there too. Hopefully, make it easier to get those stupid-rare Pokemon like mimikyu.

3.) Raid battles for old legendaries is... Interesting. I wonder if this will be like a normal raid or if you can only own 1 legendary at once? Seems weird to be able to have multiple of the same legendaries. I'm sure they'll provide a good fight at least. Mewtwo was an interesting raid battle when they had that. Hopefully, they're all like that.

4.) It looks like doubles was coming to the pokeleague? I think this is Pokemon company finally embracing the competitive side with doubles matches. I hope it's harder like the battle tower because I found the story mode too easy and would like to see computer trainers use real strategies like trick room, weakness policy, dynomaxing at the right time instead of just the end, and switch out their Pokemon for better matchups. Probably asking for too much there, but it's still cool to see doubles matches being more prevalent because it was non-existent in story mode. ? 

58 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Okay, I'm almost sold on buying it after watching that trailer. Some interesting things I noted...

1.) I saw a Poliwhirl which means that Politoed has to be back, right? RIIIGHT!?!? It's one of my personal favorites. Also, showed a lot of returning Pokemon, but not any new ones outside of the Galarian Slowbro and the legendaries (though, I wonder how you'll get the new Regis? By those temples?). I think they are probably hiding more new Galarian forms. Really good way to tease us for sure.

2.) The size of the maps are actually bigger than I thought they'd be by the looks of it and aesthetically look refreshing and new. Looks like current and new Pokemon can be found there too. Hopefully, make it easier to get those stupid-rare Pokemon like mimikyu.

3.) Raid battles for old legendaries is... Interesting. I wonder if this will be like a normal raid or if you can only own 1 legendary at once? Seems weird to be able to have multiple of the same legendaries. I'm sure they'll provide a good fight at least. Mewtwo was an interesting raid battle when they had that. Hopefully, they're all like that.

4.) It looks like doubles was coming to the pokeleague? I think this is Pokemon company finally embracing the competitive side with doubles matches. I hope it's harder like the battle tower because I found the story mode too easy and would like to see computer trainers use real strategies like trick room, weakness policy, dynomaxing at the right time instead of just the end, and switch out their Pokemon for better matchups. Probably asking for too much there, but it's still cool to see doubles matches being more prevalent because it was non-existent in story mode. 1f602.png 

Well, if poliwhirl is in it I would say it is probably safe to assume politoed is in it, probably be kind of weird of them to just add poliwrath and not politoed.
 Not sure if about legendaries think you can catch whichever ones they put in the crown of thundra dlc since looks like a lot of them will there.
 Does seem like the islands are a fairly decent size and hopefully it will feel like it is worth the $30 I think is what the expansion pass cost.
 Was kind of hoping a galarian form for Luxray and maybe Houndoom.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

Well, if poliwhirl is in it I would say it is probably safe to assume politoed is in it, probably be kind of weird of them to just add poliwrath and not politoed.
 Not sure if about legendaries think you can catch whichever ones they put in the crown of thundra dlc since looks like a lot of them will there.
 Does seem like the islands are a fairly decent size and hopefully it will feel like it is worth the $30 I think is what the expansion pass cost.
 Was kind of hoping a galarian form for Luxray and maybe Houndoom.

I think we'll see some new Galarian forms. Granted, it seems like most new forms always go to gen 1. Gen 2 is my favorite so I'd be happy to see houndoom get a Galarian form. Not sure what the new typing would be though!  Haha. I like the idea of an ice hound as it'd be a good play on "when he'll freezes over" since houndoom looks like a Pokemon straight out of hell (demon tail, being dark and fire, horns, etc).