Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

23 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

Nintendo saved the year, I still can't believe the rumors were real :wub:

Just an FYI

Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be available as a limited-run retail edition and a digital edition that is available for a limited time until the end of March 2021.

They're going to stop selling the game digitally and physically at the end of March 2021

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/super-mario-3d-all-stars-announced-for-switch

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Just an FYI

Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be available as a limited-run retail edition and a digital edition that is available for a limited time until the end of March 2021.

They're going to stop selling the game digitally and physically at the end of March 2021

Thanks for the heads up. Really silly to do this though because it just limits their profits and creates scalpers.

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Really silly to do this though because it just limits their profits and creates scalpers.

Yeah i'm still peeved about FE Fates and how they limited the LE so much. I wanted that cart with all three routes on it.

• Like 1

I never finished Mario 64 because I got pissed off at the camera issues. Trying to land a tricky jump and while in the air the camera suddenly rotates on its own... you can probably guess that didn't end well. Never played Sunshine or Galaxy.

Super Mario 3D World is a quality game with well designed levels and gorgeous presentation. I finished the game just last year and enjoyed it even though I'm not much of a platformer fan. The newer Mario games have so many mechanics in addition to trying to manage with the 3D platforming that I didn't find the controls very intuitive. Trying to remember what button to press when you're a Cat Mario often led to me pouncing right into a bottomless pit. ? 

I'm one of those old fossils who enjoyed the first 3 Mario games on NES and I still prefer 2D platforming to 3D. 

I've heard so many positive things about Sunshine and Galaxy that I'm interested in trying them out, but I fear I might just get frustrated with the platforming. The Cat Mario amiibo looks enticing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I've heard so many positive things about Sunshine and Galaxy that I'm interested in trying them out, but I fear I might just get frustrated with the platforming. The Cat Mario amiibo looks enticing.

I've played both 64 and Galaxy, but never sunshine, but I wouldn't mind revisiting either of those 2. Everyone tells me that sunshine is the best of the 3D platformers so I have high hopes.

Anyone know when pre-orders will be available?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I've played both 64 and Galaxy, but never sunshine, but I wouldn't mind revisiting either of those 2. Everyone tells me that sunshine is the best of the 3D platformers so I have high hopes.

My local retailer has Super Mario 3D All-Stars up for pre-order already (I think they ship to Finland only). And we have a pre-order in now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I never finished Mario 64 because I got pissed off at the camera issues. Trying to land a tricky jump and while in the air the camera suddenly rotates on its own... you can probably guess that didn't end well. Never played Sunshine or Galaxy.

Super Mario 3D World is a quality game with well designed levels and gorgeous presentation. I finished the game just last year and enjoyed it even though I'm not much of a platformer fan. The newer Mario games have so many mechanics in addition to trying to manage with the 3D platforming that I didn't find the controls very intuitive. Trying to remember what button to press when you're a Cat Mario often led to me pouncing right into a bottomless pit. 1f605.png 

I'm one of those old fossils who enjoyed the first 3 Mario games on NES and I still prefer 2D platforming to 3D. 

I prefer 2D platforming to 3D also. I'm more excited by All-Stars coming to SNES Online than 3D All-Stars, but I might still buy it. I wish it included Galaxy 2.

I'm one of those few people that did not like Sunshine. I have tried to play it a few times over the years but I never make it very far. Some of the issue is probably cause by my dislike of the Gamecube controller (yes, I realize that 99% of Smash players think that is crazy, but I really don't like it), but I also think the water pack is a cool idea that ends up being an annoying gimmick for the most part. I think the capturing gimmick in Odyssey worked much better.

I recently played through Galaxy and I liked it a lot. The only real annoyances I had were trying to time jumps with the spring suit. I never got the hang of that.

For me, 3D All-Stars would mostly be a chance to replay SM64, and I don't think I want to pay full price for that. However, if it's really being sold in a limited time period, I guess I can't wait for a sale. I'll probably get it anyway, because it's Mario, and I'll probably convince myself that this is my chance to finally make myself like Sunshine. Maybe with the better Switch controllers I will finally change my mind...

Overall, it was a great presentation. My only complaint is that I wish Galaxy 2 was part of 3D All-Stars.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I already preordered on Amazon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-all-stars-nintendo-switch/6414104.p?skuId=6414104

here's for the US

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Just an FYI

Yeah, I am a bit confused on that part as to why they are going to stop selling the game March 2021, unless they plan on selling the games individually after that.

>Up-scaled (not remastered) versions that probably look better on an emulator

>Charged at full price despite other compilation games been sold for less with much greater value

>Galaxy 2 is not included

>Limited release

They may be great games, but I'll pass. In fact I already got all stars in both 64 and Galaxy, I just never beat Sunshine.

Edited by Crzy Minus

2 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

>Up-scaled (not remastered) versions that probably look better on an emulator

>Charged at full price despite other compilation games been sold for less with much greater value

>Galaxy 2 is not included

>Limited release

They may be great games, but I'll pass. In fact I already got all stars in both 64 and Galaxy, I just never beat Sunshine.

That first point is pretty weak lol.  "I don't pay for PS4 games because I can just pirate better looking copies on PC." xD

Edited by Dreakon13

Tbh, I just like the idea of playing all 3 Mario games on a single console. It's worth the money to me. I wish Galaxy 2 was included too (I liked 2 more than 1), but I love Super Mario 64 (probably a top 50 game for me), and I've wanted to play Sunshine for a long time.

Need to finish LM3 though. I like to keep the backlog pretty clean.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

That first point is pretty weak lol.  "I don't pay for PS4 games because I can just pirate better looking copies on PC." xD

The thing is these games by now are pretty old and Nintendo just took them out their vault to charge extra with no significant changes. These are just ports, not remasters, just up-scaled ports of an N64, GameCube and Wii game being charged at full price for a limited time and to me that's anti-consumer. Look at the N Sane Trilogy, three Crash Bandicoot games with actual HD textures and other improvements which sold for a lower price at launch. Or even the Master Chief Collection, which comes with 6 Halo games with no specific changes, but also sold for a lower price at launch. (and both aren't time limited for purchase)

There's just no excuse man. Aside the other reasons I mentioned, I'd love to buy this compilation if the value was greater like include Galaxy 2, 3D Land, have it bundled with 3D World etc, at least include extra content like behind the scenes or lost levels or so and so, not just music. The way it's being handled right now makes me consider using Dolphin instead to play these games if I wanted.

Edited by Crzy Minus

11 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

The thing is these games by now are pretty old and Nintendo just took them out their vault to charge extra with no significant changes. These are just ports, not remasters, just up-scaled ports of an N64, GameCube and Wii game being charged at full price for a limited time and to me that's anti-consumer. Look at the N Sane Trilogy, three Crash Bandicoot games with actual HD textures and other improvements which sold for a lower price at launch. Or even the Master Chief Collection, which comes with 6 Halo games with no specific changes, but also sold for a lower price at launch. (and both aren't time limited for purchase)

There's just no excuse man. Aside the other reasons I mentioned, I'd love to buy this compilation if the value was greater like include Galaxy 2, 3D Land, have it bundled with 3D World etc, at least include extra content like behind the scenes or lost levels or so and so, not just music. The way it's being handled right now makes me consider using Dolphin instead to play these games if I wanted.

I mean, I don't want to come across too apologetic for Nintendo... which I probably will anyways... but I'm not really into the numbers game.  If it were 4 or 5 games it'd be ok, but because it's 3 it's anti-consumer.  Or if they updated the textures it'd be worth $60 but they didn't so it's anti-consumer.  That kinda stuff.  We all want more games for less money, but if you don't want these particular games in their (mostly) original form, you don't have to buy it.  Maybe this particular package just doesn't appeal to you, or isn't meant to.

The only thing anti-consumer is the limited time thing, which let's be honest... it's 7 months.  If you can't pick a side of the fence to fall on in more than half a year.  I think it's partially to goad people into pre-ordering and paying full price, I also think it's to make this a collector's item commemorating the 35th anniversary... something a little more unique, even if artificially so, than any other piece of plastic on your shelf or icon on your dashboard.  It's a collection of classic games for fans of those games, no frills, nothing to bring "a new generation" in really.  If they start doing it with new games I'll be more worried about it.

Also, Crash Bandicoot is a nothingburger compared to Mario, and these three classic games in particular.  The N Sane Trilogy didn't sell at $40 because the devs love you... it sold at that price because even remakes wouldn't move at $60 for a franchise most gamers today haven't even heard of and legitimately pales in comparison to its peers at the time (like Mario).  Halo is a more apt comparison just in terms of the quality of the game and its legacy, though I personally find more value in these 3 Mario games over any number of Halo campaigns really. /shrug

Edited by Dreakon13

19 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Yeah, I am a bit confused on that part as to why they are going to stop selling the game March 2021, unless they plan on selling the games individually after that.

That could be it, but for Super Mario 64 in particular my guess is that at some point Nintendo 64 games will be offered as part of the Nintendo online subscription, and they'd rather get people to commit to a subscription to play first party N64 games than just offer them for sale individually.

40 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

That could be it, but for Super Mario 64 in particular my guess is that at some point Nintendo 64 games will be offered as part of the Nintendo online subscription, and they'd rather get people to commit to a subscription to play first party N64 games than just offer them for sale individually.

This is why I bought it physically too. I already have NSO so if these games DO get added, I could always sell it. Can't do the same with  digital copies.

And I probably won't stop renewing for the foreseeable future as long as Pokemon is around.

7 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I mean, I don't want to come across too apologetic for Nintendo... which I probably will anyways... but I'm not really into the numbers game.  If it were 4 or 5 games it'd be ok, but because it's 3 it's anti-consumer.  Or if they updated the textures it'd be worth $60 but they didn't so it's anti-consumer.  That kinda stuff.  We all want more games for less money, but if you don't want these particular games in their (mostly) original form, you don't have to buy it.  Maybe this particular package just doesn't appeal to you, or isn't meant to.

The only thing anti-consumer is the limited time thing, which let's be honest... it's 7 months.  If you can't pick a side of the fence to fall on in more than half a year.  I think it's partially to goad people into pre-ordering and paying full price, I also think it's to make this a collector's item commemorating the 35th anniversary... something a little more unique, even if artificially so, than any other piece of plastic on your shelf or icon on your dashboard.  It's a collection of classic games for fans of those games, no frills, nothing to bring "a new generation" in really.  If they start doing it with new games I'll be more worried about it.

Also, Crash Bandicoot is a nothingburger compared to Mario, and these three classic games in particular.  The N Sane Trilogy didn't sell at $40 because the devs love you... it sold at that price because even remakes wouldn't move at $60 for a franchise most gamers today haven't even heard of and legitimately pales in comparison to its peers at the time (like Mario).  Halo is a more apt comparison just in terms of the quality of the game and its legacy, though I personally find more value in these 3 Mario games over any number of Halo campaigns really. /shrug

So Mario and Nintendo get a pass because they're Mario and Nintendo...

I wouldn't even have a problem if the games were at least sold individually for around 20$, I'd buy Sunshine if that was the case so I could finally beat it. It's the time limited factor that makes the whole deal unsatisfying along the other points I brought up.

Edited by Crzy Minus

12 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

So Mario and Nintendo get a pass because they're Mario and Nintendo...

No, I wouldn't really get too pissed off if any company did exactly this.  Nintendo doesn't need a pass because it's not that big of a deal.

But it just so happens Mario is better than Crash and Halo, IMO.

Edited by Dreakon13

12 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

No, I wouldn't really get too pissed off if any company did exactly this.  Nintendo doesn't need a pass because it's not that big of a deal.

But it just so happens Mario is better than Crash and Halo, IMO.

No shit Mario is better than Crash and Halo, the character and games are an icon not just for 2D and 3D platform but games period. Mario 64 is a classic and Mario Galaxy is a masterpiece in my personal opinion, my love for the series is still intact. But even a company like Disney pulls crap like this with their films because they know how beloved their properties are. Video game preservation and accessibility should be important these days like any other form of medium, but this doesn't help.

Edited by Crzy Minus

24 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

No shit Mario is better than Crash and Halo, the character and games are an icon not just for 2D and 3D platform but games period. Mario 64 is a classic and Mario Galaxy is a masterpiece in my personal opinion, my love for the series is still intact. But even a company like Disney pulls crap like this with their films because they know how beloved their properties are. Game preservation and accessibility should be important these days like any other form of medium, but this doesn't help.

That they're doing it at all is a win for game preservation, which by the way digital storefronts and internet/account-tied game access are the bane of... so add that to the list of reasons why I don't really care about the digital delisting.

Edited by Dreakon13

6 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Anyone know if Fall Guys will eventually be available on Switch? The game looks like legit fun but I don't have PS+ and I don't feel like coughing up $20 on PSN. Besides it would be pointless for me to cough up the $20 since I'm pretty sure online play is restricted to PS+ only on PS4.

Nothing definitive either way. They haven't ruled out the possibility, but have no plans to bring it to switch for the time being.