Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

9 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

My guess would be @Beyondthegrave07.

Nailed it.

@SelectiveGamer, you can always shoot me a DM on discord if you want to team up for max adventures. I'll be grinding them out anyways for ability patches to get my team set for the new online format.

Well it was a pain in the ass but I did it. Regi-rock/ice/steel/drago & the Galar Kanto birds have all been caught. I'm not searching out footprints that are literally impossible to see.

I'm also not doing Star Tournament and risking losing constantly. So I'm satisfied with what I have accomplished in Pokemon Sword and am officially done with the game.

However Max Lair is as addicting as Among Us so I'll still do that with anyone who wants to. Shoot me a direct message on either here on the forums on discord so we can set something up if you want to do this with me badly enough.

• Like 1

New Nintendo Direct mini out of nowhere!

Didn't expect to see HITMAN III! Kind of tempted by it but not sure I'd want to support streamed games. I'm getting it on PC and/or PS4 but might double-dip on Switch. Maybe IOI would be interested in porting some of the older games in the franchise to Switch. Still haven't played Blood Money, for example, so I'm all open for the idea of getting it on Switch.

Edited by Eyjabria
For some reason they reuploaded the Direct, fixed video embed now

Anyone played No More Heroes or No More Heroes 2? Would you recommend the game(s)? Considering the Switch remasters. 

Oh, and @The Titan I found a sealed physical copy of Kirby: Triple Deluxe for just 15 €. It's nice to still find interesting games for 3DS. I thought I had already bought all the games I want for the platform. :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Oh, and @The Titan I found a sealed physical copy of Kirby: Triple Deluxe for just 15 €. It's nice to still find interesting games for 3DS. I thought I had already bought all the games I want for the platform. :)

Good to hear! It's an underrated Kirby game, it also has one of the best final bosses I've ever seen in a 3DS game.

OT: I finally beat Luigis Mansion 3 yesterday and I still need to collect all the gems and find all the boos. I did that in Dark Moon on 3DS so I'll only replay the game for some floors that I had fun with. I'll definitely play more online ScareScraper now. That was honestly my favorite mode back in Dark Moon. Summer 2013 vibes....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I was doing some Max Lair raids with randoms online in Pokemon Sword last night... and.....

I GOT A SHINY DRIFBLIM!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first legit shiny I've gotten in a Pokemon game ever. Not even joking.

1f631.png

Congrats! I've gotten ones through wonder trading, but I've only legit caught 4 of them where I was the OT. It's definitely a great feeling!

Hades... Hades... Hades...

It's so good! I saw it on sale a few weeks ago and at first thought "Eh, should I buy it? It's supposed to be really good, and I've enjoyed the other Supergiant games I've played, but I don't know, my backlog is so big already..."

I decided to buy it and holy shit, it's amazing. Supergiant might be my favorite studio in gaming, everything they've made has been spectacular. Hades deserves a GOTY nomination, it's that good. Realistically I don't think it would have a chance of winning, but it deserves the recognition of a nomination.

I wonder if Nintendo negotiated a deal with Supergiant for timed console exclusivity on the Switch? Hopefully this game eventually makes its way to PS4 and PS5 as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Hades... Hades... Hades...

It's so good! I saw it on sale a few weeks ago and at first thought "Eh, should I buy it? It's supposed to be really good, and I've enjoyed the other Supergiant games I've played, but I don't know, my backlog is so big already..."

I decided to buy it and holy shit, it's amazing. Supergiant might be my favorite studio in gaming, everything they've made has been spectacular. Hades deserves a GOTY nomination, it's that good. Realistically I don't think it would have a chance of winning, but it deserves the recognition of a nomination.

What makes it so good?  If I thought Bastion was alright, and didn't really like Transistors gameplay (I found the "strategy" aspects of it kinda awkward)... is Hades different enough that I might like it?  With so many people loving it I feel like I need to at least try it.

21 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

What makes it so good?  If I thought Bastion was alright, and didn't really like Transistors gameplay (I found the "strategy" aspects of it kinda awkward)... is Hades different enough that I might like it?  With so many people loving it I feel like I need to at least try it.

Combat in Hades is faster but also much more precise than Bastion. Controlling Zagreus feels natural and responsive. The writing has great bits of humor and the voice acting fits perfectly. The combat chambers are different on every run, so the game always feels fresh. The music is absolutely fantastic.

The best thing about the game for me is how the game handles your deaths. Naturally you'll want to progress as far as you can on each attempt, but dying isn't as frustrating in this game as in most others because you need to die in Hades to see the story progress. You also need to die to access all areas of the game's progression system. So while I'm trying to get as far as I can, I'm also weirdly looking forward to my next death.

All of that makes for a unique game that's a blast to play.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised this morning that Bayonetta 3 got announced 3 years ago and we haven't heard anything since, hoping to year something on the 3 year anniversary at the Game Awards xD 

My recent pick ups, it was really hard to find a new copy of Pokemon Let's Go for less than £40, and finding it at £40 was hard it enough...I haven't played a Pokemon game since ORAS so I'm exited to play again. I'll get Sword next month. 

5604eNf.jpg

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I just realised this morning that Bayonetta 3 got announced 3 years ago and we haven't heard anything since, hoping to year something on the 3 year anniversary at the Game Awards 

Probably because Platinum Games was busy with Astral Chain. Another game I've gotta finish lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's my 5th backloggiversary (Backloggery anniversary) today and what better way to celebrate it than adding five new games to my backlog, right? I know I'm supposed to reduce my backlog, not add to it.. But the eShop sales were so good I couldn't resist buying some titles I've been waiting to go on discount for a long time. Got the following:

Picross e8 (3DS)

Sanrio characters Picross (3DS)

AI: The Somnium Files (Switch)

Mr. DRILLER DrillLand (Switch)

Super Bomberman R (Switch)

Started with Mr. DRILLER and it's great. The cutscenes are funny and gameplay is addictive. I also like the visual style and music. You can play as Puchi the dog! 

Also recently started playing Kirby: Triple Deluxe on 3DS and it's such a whimsical and cute game that never fails to make me smile. Great ideas on the levels, like tilting the console to pour water out of a bowl to put out a fire. The Hypernova ability that allows Kirby to inhale huge objects in the environments is my favorite. Looking forward to seeing what kind of things await for me further in the game.

• Like 1

For anyone who didn't see, earlier this week there was an update for the switch for new Mario avatars (but seriously, when are we getting fire emblem ones?) and they made it so you can directly upload videos and screenshots to your computer using a USB cable. They also made a section particularly for NSO to find deals and free apps for NSO users.

Good quality of life improvements I guess, but it'd be nice to have twitch or another streaming service on the switch, themes, etc. but slow progress is better than none I suppose.

• Like 1

Anyone ever heard of the Shantae series? Been hearing lots of praise for the games and I've picked up a few just recently in a sale. They're fun games if you're into 2D platformers with Metroidvania elements.

22 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

For anyone who didn't see, earlier this week there was an update for the switch for new Mario avatars (but seriously, when are we getting fire emblem ones?) and they made it so you can directly upload videos and screenshots to your computer using a USB cable. They also made a section particularly for NSO to find deals and free apps for NSO users.

Good quality of life improvements I guess, but it'd be nice to have twitch or another streaming service on the switch, themes, etc. but slow progress is better than none I suppose.

Great that they're adding some new avatars as the current ones got boring after a while. I'm still waiting for them to release premium themes like the 3DS and a music track for the eShop. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

Anyone ever heard of the Shantae series? Been hearing lots of praise for the games and I've picked up a few just recently in a sale. They're fun games if you're into 2D platformers with Metroidvania elements.

Great that they're adding some new avatars as the current ones got boring after a while. I'm still waiting for them to release premium themes like the 3DS and a music track for the eShop. 

Man, I hope so! I'm glad that they continue to support it with avatars, but having themes with music like the 3DS would be sick.

I don't know why the eshop can't have some mii music or something. Really wouldn't take much effort to add in.

I do want to mention that I think the switch is primed for a big 2021 potentially, with Zelda and Pokemon both having big anniversaries at 35 and 25 respectively... I just hope we hear something soon! ?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

On 12/7/2020 at 1:32 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Man, I hope so! I'm glad that they continue to support it with avatars, but having themes with music like the 3DS would be sick.

I don't know why the eshop can't have some mii music or something. Really wouldn't take much effort to add in.

I do want to mention that I think the switch is primed for a big 2021 potentially, with Zelda and Pokemon both having big anniversaries at 35 and 25 respectively... I just hope we hear something soon! ?

I'd buy anything Zelda-related especially if it's a 35th anniversary collection, but here's hoping they won't pull the same crap with Mario 3D All-Stars and Fire Emblem. As for Pokemon, it'll be a neat idea if GameFreak released a mega collection celebrating the best games in the series with ports of Black/White games, SS/HG, and Emerald. 

This is what I seriously missed most about the 3DS :wub::

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

I'd buy anything Zelda-related especially if it's a 35th anniversary collection, but here's hoping they won't pull the same crap with Mario 3D All-Stars and Fire Emblem. As for Pokemon, it'll be a neat idea if GameFreak released a mega collection celebrating the best games in the series with ports of Black/White games, SS/HG, and Emerald. 

This is what I seriously missed most about the 3DS :wub::

There are rumors about a 3D collection for LoZ and that the 3 games would be OoT, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess (to match the N64, GC, and Wii choices of the Mario collection) or that it would be 3 games from one time line, but at this point it's all speculation.

There has been legitimate rumors however for a big Pokemon collection and DP remakes coming next year. Ones that are much more reliable than the Zelda ones.

If we just got BoTW 2 next year and a DP remake, I'd call it a win for both franchises. I would like to see some of the other Zelda games available like Minish Cap, Oracle of ages, and Phantom Hour Glass, but we'll see. I feel like those would be easy ports, but Nintendo seems to have trouble with ports for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Sephiroth is in Smash Bros
Kind of wouldn't mind having Lightning or Sora next.
Still want Amaterasu though.
Also want Spyro.
I don't know why but I think the Fall Guy character would fit in with Smash Bros as well.

I know it probably won't happen but it would be great if they included music from other games within the Final Fantasy Series
Would like Blinded by Light from Final Fantasy 13 in it and maybe some stuff from Crystal Chronicles, World of Final Fantays and other games in the series.

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 1