Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

I got 3D World despite owning the Wii U version already. I figured that with online mode + Bowser's Fury I'd get enough new experience out of it.

Bowser's Fury was very short. I liked it overall, but shines re-using the same objectives over and over felt kinda uninspired. I also wasn't a fan on the fury mechanic, where I sometimes just wasted time waiting at fury blocks for Bowser to appear.

But the online was what ultimately pushed me to buy the game. I figured Nintendo had taken notes after the dumpster fire that was Mario Maker 2 online, though deep inside I knew this was going to be far from perfect. I hopped online with a friend from West Coast USA and to no surprise the connection was less than ideal. It was playable for sure, but the lag was incredible input eating with many small lag spikes all over the place. Once we got used to it after about 1 world it became pretty enjoyable, and I'm happy that the feature is there.

But still, the fact that it has to be with lag is disappointing. Both of us are on fiber btw..

• Like 1

With a new direct tomorrow, let's see how good my prediction game is. If I get half of these right, I'm playing the lottery... ?

1. Crash Bandicoot will be announced as the next fighter in smash.

2. No Pokemon news

3. Mario kart Double Dash or another GC port coming to the switch (going out on a limb and saying it's not a wii u port)

4. Metroid prime ports coming

5. Monster Hunter news

6. Banjo and Kazooie ports (okay now this one is just wishful thinking).

7. "Available now (or today)"

No way all that's covered in 50 mins, but I'm only going for +50%.

• Like 3

Well I don't often do predictions but here's mine:

-Switch Pro reveal
-New Mario game (Odyssey 2?) 

-Bayonetta 3 trailer

-New SMTV trailer  

-I agree there will be no Pokemon news, they'll save that for the next Pokemon direct

-Uhhhh Metroid Prime 4....gameplay....footage...?? Cmon, it's time to show us something.
-New Smash character reveal, Dante or Sora please. 

-Persona 4 Golden announced for Switch

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

No way all that's covered in 50 mins, but I'm only going for +50%.

Smash Bros DLC segments with Sakurai are usually long. Do we know if it's included in these 50 mins? I imagine we're going to see a trailer then a message like "Stay after the direct to see this character in action in our deep dive with Sakurai".

My only prediction is that we'll see more Switch ports of existing multiplatform games. Something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2.

The games I want to see are Bayonetta 3 and SMTV. Both were announced in 2017. It's been too long.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Venocide said:

Well I don't often do predictions but here's mine:

-Switch Pro reveal
-New Mario game (Odyssey 2?) 

-Bayonetta 3 trailer

-New SMTV trailer  

-I agree there will be no Pokemon news, they'll save that for the next Pokemon direct

-Uhhhh Metroid Prime 4....gameplay....footage...?? Cmon, it's time to show us something.
-New Smash character reveal, Dante or Sora please. 

-Persona 4 Golden announced for Switch

It's all good fun, haha.

Though, I REALLY like that last prediction ?

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Too obvious. It's not Pokemon Day. So yeah this is correct.

Gotta give myself one freebie. ?

• Like 1

Likely a long shot, but would like to see Amaterasu in Smash Bros or Spyro.
 As far as low expectations go I would be expecting 50 minutes of a Mario mobile game that nobody wants or something similar to other franchises 
 Also wouldn't mind seeing Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess & Wind Waker announced for Switch either, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 HD remake, Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy or some new games as well.
Would like Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch also.

• Like 2

The Direct is happening in 2 hours. I think a Zelda 35th 3D collection or BOTW2 news or maybe a new Kid Iracus game would be cool. Uprising was a great game imo. Or maybe we will have news for Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and SMTV? These games were announced back in 2017. Still haven't heard anything.

• Like 1

Well my predictions got shot in to oblivion, there is a new Mario game that's not what I wanted lol. Two things, I've wanted to own a physical copy of Hades so I'm happy about that, and two...I like those Skyward Sword Joycons, I may actually buy them they look really cool. 

• Like 1

I'd say that making Rex's harems as playable fighters is hilarious considering that fans have been begging for him to be in Smash for 4 years now. I'm not complaining though, 2 hot babes in smash is better than Steve from Minecraft. Also that new Square Enix game looked good. I like the art style and sprites! It Looked beautiful! Last thing I cared about was Skyward Sword HD. I never played it on Wii so this is going to be cool. Still would've liked Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD but that's been done before.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Titan said:

I'd say that making Rex's harems as playable fighters is hilarious considering that fans have been begging for him to be in Smash for 4 years now. I'm not complaining though, 2 hot babes in smash is better than Steve from Minecraft. Also that new Square Enix game looked good. I like the art style and sprites! It Looked beautiful! Last thing I cared about was Skyward Sword HD. I never played it on Wii so this is going to be cool. Still would've liked Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD but that's been done before.  

Finally gonna play skyward sword now that the motion controls are optional

• Like 2

I'm excited about Splatoon 3, Skyward sword, and the new squeenix game the most. I'm mildly interested in Monster Hunter and Bravely default (never played either series), but I'm going to wait until reviews and more gameplay come out before deciding. I've played the MH demo and wasn't convinced... Still need to try out the Bravely Default 2 demo.

Mario Golf also looks good (loved Mario Golf as a kid), but I don't think I'd pay $60 for it. Maybe $45 if it goes on sale sometime. It'll definitely be on my radar. 

• Like 2

Is no one agitated that Skyward Sword is $60 on the eshop? I refuse to believe that price is final. Selling it for more than it was priced back then is nonsense.

With Fall Guys coming to the Switch I just hope it a fairly active community like the PS4 version, would be nice if the PS4 and Switch players was cross-play between them, I would say PC as well, but heard about the hackers and would rather keep them out.
 Maybe there is a chance we can have the Fall Guy bean in Smash Bros now.

• Like 2

Just watched the Direct a few hours ago. Lots of good stuff coming up but also some slight disappointments. 

• Project Triangle Strategy is most likely a day one buy for me. Downloaded the demo already but haven't fired it up yet. At first I thought it'd be a sequel to Octopath Traveler when I recognized the character illustration art style at the beginning of the trailer.
  • I thought we're getting more Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion content but then it was just a Smash character announcement. Meh meh meh. 
  • Miitopia port announcement was a surprise! I have it on 3DS but haven't had time to play it yet. 
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush looked nice. I've tried a demo of Mario Golf on 3DS but something was off in the gameplay. I'm a huge fan of Everybody's Golf and I'm hoping to get a new golf game to play that would be as much fun. 
  • Monster Hunter Rise still looked good. 
  • Ninja Gaiden collection looked interesting. Never played any of the games before but it looked similar to Nightshade (Kunoichi) which I enjoyed until I got stuck in a level. 
  • Zelda: Skyward Sword announcement I was kind of predicting but thought they'd pack in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as well. This is fine with me as I have WW and TP on Wii U. 
  • I'm sad we aren't getting a collector's edition of Bravely Default II. Now I can't collect 'em all (I have the collector's editions for the earlier Bravely games). 
  • Nothing about Metroid! Isn't it Metroid's 35th anniversary this year too? I was hoping for a new 2D game in the series. 
  • Splatoon 3 was the tasty cherry on top. I stopped playing Splatoon 2 when the online subscription nonsense came into effect but maybe I'll be tempted to get on Splatoon 3 again. Just please Nintendo, give me Splash-o-matic from Splatoon 1 with Suction Bomb as sub weapon and Suction Bomb Rush as the special!
17 hours ago, The Titan said:

Also that new Square Enix game looked good. I like the art style and sprites! It Looked beautiful!

You should check out Octopath Traveler if you happen to also like RPGs. 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/octopath-traveler-switch/

• Like 2