Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Some new Pokemon rumors (up to you if you choose to believe them or not obviously):

There will be a new Pokemon Presents early June before E3.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl's release date will be revealed during this. There are also lots of rumors that there will be new mega evolutions for certain pokemon. If so I'd say it would be revealed during this as well. There are also rumors there will be new forms for Dialga and Palkia.

Possibility of some more Legends Arceus info during this as well (this one is especially unclear)

Pokemon Unite will be reintroduced with a release date (I honestly don't care about this one but I included it to not be biased lol)

A domain site has been registered with 'stadium' in it's name. Speculation is now running rampant this may mean a new Stadium game or just a new Stadium-type game that may be the new competitive game to replace Sword/Shield

So... yeah... take that however you want ?

• Like 3

I'm surprised they'd release two pokemon games so close together. It makes me think that you'll be able to integrate between the two or that the two will be connected in some way. Otherwise, you'd think they'd be worried that people wouldn't have time to finish DP remakes before Arceus and essentially hurt their own sales.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'll buy both of them regardless, but it just seems really weird to have your games compete against each other like this.

• Like 2

I keep adding to my Switch backlog even though I haven't had time to play many of the games I've bought earlier... What is wrong with me. ? 
Yesterday I got a physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (even though I already have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS). But we practically got it for free (paid with store bonuses) so I thought why not! I hear the Switch remake is a better experience than the 3DS version and it has extra story content too. Also heard the extra content has a squad of adorable Nopons - how could I resist?

I've advanced a bit in New Pokémon Snap too, just reached the foggy Elsewhere Forest area and got some nice photos of creatures like Trevenants and Espurrs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I keep adding to my Switch backlog even though I haven't had time to play many of the games I've bought earlier... What is wrong with me. 1f914.png 
Yesterday I got a physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (even though I already have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS). But we practically got it for free (paid with store bonuses) so I thought why not! I hear the Switch remake is a better experience than the 3DS version and it has extra story content too. Also heard the extra content has a squad of adorable Nopons - how could I resist?

I've advanced a bit in New Pokémon Snap too, just reached the foggy Elsewhere Forest area and got some nice photos of creatures like Trevenants and Espurrs.

I played Xenoblade Chronicles 3D years ago but didn't finish it (got like 60 hours out of the game). I'm playing the Definitive Edition right now on Switch and it looks and runs way smoother than the 3DS version, but man does the game keeps dishing out side-quests constantly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

How do the Xenoblade games even play? Is it more turned-base or action RPG?

It's action-rpg where you can move the characters and they attack automatically (you can also use art skills too). Also, it's an open-world game and by open world, I mean it's a gigantic one to explore, really impressive by Wii standards. I'd say the story and gameplay are the main stars of the game, but the soundtrack is one of the best in the genre (Gaur Plain is amazing). 

It's a really long game to beat (part of the reason why I didn't finish it on 3DS the first time and just came back to it after a long break). That's also with the new story chapter, so it's best to set aside some to play it.

Hope this helps and I also suggest checking out some gameplay vids to see if it's your style of RPG. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

It's action-rpg where you can move the characters and they attack automatically (you can also use art skills too). Also, it's an open-world game and by open world, I mean it's a gigantic one to explore, really impressive by Wii standards. I'd say the story and gameplay are the main stars of the game, but the soundtrack is one of the best in the genre (Gaur Plain is amazing). 

It's a really long game to beat (part of the reason why I didn't finish it on 3DS the first time and just came back to it after a long break). That's also with the new story chapter, so it's best to set aside some to play it.

Hope this helps and I also suggest checking out some gameplay vids to see if it's your style of RPG. 

Thanks, sounds similar to FFXII which I have like 80 hours on switch. I've always been interested in these games, but never picked one up. It's definitely on my list for sure. Been waiting for a sale/time where I'm not playing much else, but games keep pouring in.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but I'm probably done playing the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series for good. It effects my mental state in too many negative, angered ways and I just can't get myself to take it anymore or deal with it anymore. See my post in the currently playing thread for more details.

I don't know why this changed, because it certainly didn't use to be like this, but it certainly is now. Believe it or not I actually don't like doing this. Because Mystery Dungeon was my favorite spinoff. But I just can't deal with it and can't take it anymore and I'm just getting sick of struggling with this series. If they make more of these whether that's more remakes/new games/whatever else they do... then I'll just watch playthroughs on YouTube/Twitch/whatever. Trust me I don't want to. But there's no other choice at this point for me as I just can't deal with this ridiculous difficulty anymore.

Yes I'm aware that this doesn't bode well for me completing Hollow Knight. I am now about 98% confident I will end up dropping it (before I was only about 90% confident that I would end up dropping it)

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 2

Not really Switch related but wanted to share. We were out on a walk with husbando and I was wearing one of my Mario 35th anniversary t-shirts. A little girl wearing a Peppa Pig shirt said "Mom, look! Mario!". There is still hope in this mobile phone zombie humanity.

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Not really Switch related but wanted to share. We were out on a walk with husbando and I was wearing one of my Mario 35th anniversary t-shirts. A little girl wearing a Peppa Pig shirt said "Mom, look! Mario!". There is still hope in this mobile phone zombie humanity.

My nephews always use smartphones but they know who Mario is because of my brothers were Nintendo fans back then.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Little girl probably plays a lot of Super Mario Run. ;) 

• Like 2

Hey yall. Sorry for the long due post, but I managed to beat Monster Hunter Rise and its' 3.0 story mode. What a fun game it was and it is the first Monster Hunter game I have ever beaten. I have the Tigerex long sword upgraded to its most powerful form.

So now I am back to playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition on Switch. I have to start over on the Cyber Sleuth story. I plan to have the original Digimon Adventure Digimon in my team including you know who as an Ultra Digimon. :) 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well it looks like they aren't doing a Pokemon Presents before E3 this year. Makes no god damn sense to me whatsoever and I feel like this is a major mistake on Pokemon's part... but... it's become relatively clear that they do whatever the f they want anymore.

Oh well. I guess...

It is sad since there are some great rumors going around about how the graphics on the DP remakes have vastly improved. I haven't pre-ordered it yet because I am waiting to see what is being added/changed... But I will be honest, showing off improved graphics from the last trailer would definitely show that they aren't being lazy with it and will be a proper remake. 

And full disclosure, the chibi style didn't bother me. It did feel like a step back from SWSH character models, but I can at least understand why they went that direction. What really bothered me the most was the lack of detail in the environment. Everything looked like blocks and little depth and detail to them. SWSH wasn't a visual masterpiece either, but it wasn't as bad as the DP trailer.

I'm sure we'll see something soon though. They still need to address what's going to happen to the competitive side and definitely have more to reveal before November.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

I am still gonna get the Diamond remake because I have and always will be a Pokemon fan. Plus, there's Pokemon Legends Arceus which may be the first open world Pokemon game and it takes place in the Sinnoh of the past. Looks fun.

• Like 2

I finally reached HR 100 and beat Valstrax on Monster Hunter Rise and decided to commemorate the moment by sharing a few screenshots of my journey or anyone who's interested. I did it in 3 different spoilers as the pictures themselves are pretty massive.

Spoiler

kNzMIuE.jpg

vyF3waZ.jpg

5KkvyuH.jpg

Spoiler

JccdtiV.jpg

LGuzMX4.jpg

Spoiler

J3mPVdK.jpg

8ccPPKN.jpg

I feel like I'm starting to really get the hang of the charge blade now and nothing is more satisfying than countering an enemy's attack and knocking it down instead of letting it knock you down. Haha. I think I now hit the 100-hour mark and I feel like a lot of it was idling shooting the shit with friends on discord or looking at the different weapons armors or playing around with different weapons in the arena. Excited to see what else comes to MHR and I'm curious if they plan to do any cross-overs with other franchises down the road or what else they'll add in future updates. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
spacing
  • Like 1

Hehe, just today I used Samus costume in Jump Rope Challenge and jokingly said "give us 2D Metroid, Nintendo" into the Joy-Cons and I guess they were listening. Metroid Dread looks great! The robot following could make the game feel a bit terrifying and hectic though. 

Oh, and now people can enjoy Maiden of Black Water too if they didn't have a chance to play it on Wii U! I was already excited they're going to announce a new Fatal Frame/Project Zero but it was a port of the last one.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Hehe, just today I used Samus costume in Jump Rope Challenge and jokingly said "give us 2D Metroid, Nintendo" into the Joy-Cons and I guess they were listening. Metroid Dread looks great! The robot following could make the game feel a bit terrifying and hectic though. 

Oh, and now people can enjoy Maiden of Black Water too if they didn't have a chance to play it on Wii U! I was already excited they're going to announce a new Fatal Frame/Project Zero but it was a port of the last one.

Agreed, the botw 2 gameplay was hype, but Metroid Dread was the best game shown. Lots of people disappointed about no Metroid prime 4 gameplay, but we are getting Dread this year and looks right up my alley for sure. 

• Like 2

The direct was pretty solid. 

Breath of the Wild 2's gameplay trailer was nice though I'm not sure what's Metroid Dread about, but it looks like it needs some polishing.  Wasn't expecting the Advance Wars 1-2 Remake and a new WarioWare, so I'm excited for those!!  Also, the SMTV gameplay trailer was sweet and can't wait to play it after I beat Nocturne and Apocalypse.

I liked some of the mid-budget games like Crusi'n Blast and Astria Ascending too.

That was a pretty solid Nintendo Direct overall, easily way better than the one from earlier in the year, and a better presentation than what most companies held at E3 (And Summer Game Fest) by a considerable margin.

A new WarioWare and Mario Party is always appreciated, even if it was somewhat expected and predictable for obvious reasons.
Kazuya, while not who I would've gone with personally as far as a new Smash fighter goes, still seems fun to play as and his inclusion makes a ton of sense. (The last character they add better be Crash Bandicoot or I'll riot lmao)

Shin Megami Tensei V looks great as well, but I expected it would. Nice to finally see gameplay of it either way. :P

Metroid: Dread was an extremely pleasant surprise, so I'm looking forward to that quite a bit. The E.M.M.I seems pretty formidable and frightening, and the gameplay seems fast and smooth. I know some people didn't like Samus Returns, but I've enjoyed that game quite a bit so far and this seems like an improvement over it gameplay-wise.  

The new trailer for Breath of The Wild's sequel was great, but it felt a little too short given how long we've waited since the initial trailer was released back in 2019. At least they gave us some gameplay this time around, which is something way more tangible than just a mere cutscene. The new elements, like exploring the various islands in the sky, and the abilities of Link's arm that has been enhanced by the spectral arm that had previously been holding Ganondorf at bay, look stellar.

A little disappointed by the lack of the rumored new Donkey Kong game that was supposedly being developed by the Super Mario Odyssey team, or even a sequel to the latter game itself considering the amount of time that's passed and the fact that we know that Breath of The Wild is getting a sequel.
The lack of a new Mario Kart was also somewhat disappointing given the fact that we've now gotten two Mario Parties on the Switch, and are going to have two Splatoon games as well once Splatoon 3 comes out next year. I do still think it'll happen because those other two series have/will have gotten two titles on the same console, though, or at least because Splatoon will have had two games if we're not counting Mario Party due to previous systems often getting more than one of those.

My biggest disappointment, however, was the lack of any Zelda collection of any kind. Was really hoping for a collection with remasters of the Nintendo 3DS remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask bundled with the HD remake and remaster of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess respectfully, along with some further tweaks, adjustments, quality of life improvements, and fixing some things based off of fan reception/feedback to the previous releases of these versions like Zora Link requiring magic to swim faster, or at least ports of the latter two games if all of that is - for whatever reason - too much to ask of Nintendo. Hopefully they'll still release some of the other 3D games further down the line, but otherwise Zelda's anniversary this time around is quite dull compared to past ones, and especially when compared to Mario's most recent one even if they muddied it a bit due to all the limited-time BS. (Which, in all fairness, they might have very well done with Zelda if they had done a collection, in addition to half-assing it like they did 3D All-Stars, but I digress...) Skyward Sword HD is cool, don't get me wrong, but just too little in my eyes. (And super overpriced as usual, especially when taking the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo debacle into account on top of it) The Game & Watch thing is cool, I guess?

I'm not counting Age of Calamity's DLC here because it would've happened regardless if Zelda's anniversary was this year or not due to that game coming out last year and due to both the previous game and Breath of The Wild itself getting DLC, but it was pretty cool. That said, while playing as a Guardian Stalker is pretty cool, the fact that it seems to be the only new character in the first DLC is pretty darn disappointing. Hopefully the second one will have a lot more given how far off it is. (Don't restrict yourself to "canon" characters, please, at least not as far as the events of both this game and BOTW are concerned anyways)

I think I'd give it an 8/10 in the context of comparing both of the main Directs that've come out this year, and when comparing it to more or less all of the various E3/Summer Game Fest presentations from this year as well. (Microsoft's seemed pretty good from what I can tell, even if I don't much care for them, and a lot of stuff was from Bethesda specifically) Otherwise it's a 7/10 overall purely due to the lack of things like the aforementioned Zelda collection and whatnot. (Wasn't expecting Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4, so I'm not disappointed in those not being there at all really even if I'm still excited for them both)

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but that's all of what I remembered off of the top of my head or stood out the most to me. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1