Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

On 16/06/2021 at 0:40 AM, SelectiveGamer said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH POKEMON?!

1f611.png

33 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

I'd imagine it's getting its own Direct/presentation like it often does?

Like the announcement 2 weeks ago which revealed the release dates, you mean? ?

7 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Like the announcement 2 weeks ago which revealed the release dates, you mean? 1f605.png

But they didn't really show any footage when they announced the release dates for either, did they?

5 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

But they didn't really show any footage when they announced the release dates for either, did they?

No. But a release date is more than some upcoming Ninty games have received in the past 2 weeks. Plus we all know there’ll be a separate direct on its way sooner or later with more footage

• Like 1

Just now, BGriff1986 said:

No. But a release date is more than some upcoming Ninty games have received in the past 2 weeks. Plus we all know there’ll be a separate direct on its way sooner or later with more footage

Well, yeah, which is why I was confused by the other guy's outburst. lol

I just pre-ordered Mario Gold Super Rush on my big Switch, so I can hopefully get some exercise in while playing Golf Adventure. I need to lose six pounds. <_<

Also, anyone play the new remaster of Miitopia for Switch. What do you think of it? Enjoying it immensely, but I bought the 3DS long ago and had fun with it, and the new wigs and makeup allow you to create faces you wouldn't normally see on a Mii. Just don't remove them... ever. :P

14 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

I am gonna get Skyward Sword HD for the Switch next month. :)

do you know if its playable with Pro Controller? i know switch light would use a stick for sword movement and a shield button..

Other news. Metroid Dread will have a collectors edition. It isnt announced yet but i did get a heads up that scores will be allocated a handful of them at launch thats it. 129.99 CDN, 159.99 CDN. 

So i will be getting one. Curious to see as Nintendo CE rarely have figures, generally just an amiibo...  MH Rise, Stories 2.

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

do you know if its playable with Pro Controller? i know switch light would use a stick for sword movement and a shield button..

It's supports the pro controller. It says so on the Nintendo Eshop. They added a control layout so it'd be playable on switch lite too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's supports the pro controller. It says so on the Nintendo Eshop. They added a control layout so it'd be playable on switch lite too. 

i assume itll be the same as switch lite then. The other stick for movements. i never check the eshop sadly, i basically stick to ps. but a lot of switch games are coming my way.

a shame i never found anyone to do Rise with. 

• Like 1

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition yesterday after 55 hours and it was a fantastic experience. Loved the story, cast, gameplay, and OST and it definitely lives up to praise. Going to start the new "Future Connected" story expansion and see how it goes. 

• Like 2

Has anyone ever had their Switch just claim there's no cart inserted when there is? I don't mean immediately after inserting a cart either (that's occasionally happened for me), I mean after you put the console into sleep, then wake it up again at some point.

I haven't removed my Switch from the dock in like 2 weeks, never mind so much as touched the cartridge flap/slot, and my Switch decides to tell me there's no cart inserted when I wake it up today. I only even noticed because I was going through my games to fix a few games that had an X on them due to failed updates, probably thanks to the whole 2123-1502 error that was plaguing Switches a little while back, but thankfully seems fixed now.

I managed to get it to detect the cart again by rebooting it, didn't need to take the cart out or anything, but this is the first time it's ever happened in 4 years of owning it. I also had the right joycon decide to randomly de-sync itself (while attached to the console) a month or two ago for no reason while in sleep, and it's gotten me a tad worried my Switch might be dying.

Anyhow, aside from weird issues, I've recently started playing the Grandia HD collection. I've had the first Grandia on PS1 in my backlog for a very, very long time, but never got around to it. Never had Grandia 2, so this collection was a good excuse to get it. I'm only a few hours into the first game currently so don't have a lot to say about it at the moment, but the battle system seems pretty unique and interesting, not a huge fan of the art but I have a feeling it might grow on me.

I'm also looking forward to Metroid Dread later this year, and SMT 5. Probably going to wait on some kind of walkthrough on the latter before playing it though, want to know how many routes/endings I'm up against.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Has anyone ever had their Switch just claim there's no cart inserted when there is? I don't mean immediately after inserting a cart either (that's occasionally happened for me), I mean after you put the console into sleep, then wake it up again at some point.

I haven't removed my Switch from the dock in like 2 weeks, never mind so much as touched the cartridge flap/slot, and my Switch decides to tell me there's no cart inserted when I wake it up today. I only even noticed because I was going through my games to fix a few games that had an X on them due to failed updates, probably thanks to the whole 2123-1502 error that was plaguing Switches a little while back, but thankfully seems fixed now.

I managed to get it to detect the cart again by rebooting it, didn't need to take the cart out or anything, but this is the first time it's ever happened in 4 years of owning it. I also had the right joycon decide to randomly de-sync itself (while attached to the console) a month or two ago for no reason while in sleep, and it's gotten me a tad worried my Switch might be dying.

This has happened to me occasionally, and I've had my switch for 3 years. It's not too alarming to me because it always picks up the cartridge next time and happens maybe once every 5-6 months. I think it's due to dust, but I could be totally wrong.

As to the joycons desyncing, that could very much be the joycons and not the system. My joycons have been turds ever since I've had bought them. Lol.

I'll make sure to add Grandia 1+2 on the wishlist. Sounds like it's up my alley.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This has happened to me occasionally, and I've had my switch for 3 years. It's not too alarming to me because it always picks up the cartridge next time and happens maybe once every 5-6 months. I think it's due to dust, but I could be totally wrong.

As to the joycons desyncing, that could very much be the joycons and not the system. My joycons have been turds ever since I've had bought them. Lol.

I'll make sure to add Grandia 1+2 on the wishlist. Sounds like it's up my alley.

It doesn't seem like too uncommon an issue when I tried Googling it, seems like it's started happening a lot more since one of the system update a few months ago. It's probably a software/firmware issue of some kind.

Possibly, I pretty much never use the joycons because I rarely use my Switch in handheld mode. As a result, I've managed to never experience joycon stick drift thus far at least, lol. I did have a pro controller develop weird issues on me (battery would drain very quickly and the left direction on the d-pad acted like it was being constantly pressed) and ultimately became unusable though, within the span of just 6 months of owning it, so thankfully it was still under warranty.

Grandia is pretty decent so far. I forgot to mention it but I really like the music, very 80s sounding.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

I am now a Switch owner, having received one for fathers day. My one step daughter is Animal Crossing obsessed and has been gifting them since last year after she bought hers. My other kids got one to share for Christmas. My wife got one in March for her Birthday. And so I did not feel left out of the AC crosstalk now me too. We have always been a fan of the game ever since the first edition on Gamecube. I pretty much got my house and museum going so on a short break. No other plans for any other titles right now. although I have not really looked in to what else is out there. 

If you ever need recommendations, you can always ask here! ? Not a single person here has ever gave me a bad recommendation.

If you are ever interested in a game, you could probably ask here and someone will give you an educated opinion of it too, I'm sure!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 4

Finished a couple of Switch games this weekend. 

Cleared the main story (+ Canus' story) of the otome visual novel Café Enchanté which I've been playing before going to sleep. Very chill game with nice characters, really gorgeous art / UI and good music. The story was nice and had some parts with suspense and humor. Romance took a back seat which is a plus for me, but maybe that was the case just with this particular character's story branch. You see, Canus is a headless knight from a fairy world, so it could get a bit difficult to portray typical romance with a character like that. 

I have a complaint about the localisation work of the game though. There's a lot of typos and grammatical errors, as if the game was rushed out the door and there was no time for proof-reading. At times names were written wrong which got kind of annoying seeing a dialogue box with "Kororo", then 2 dialogue boxes later it had changed into "Kokoro", then back to Kororo again. 
Overall it was a pretty good game with interesting fantasy characters and worlds. 

Also bought Part Time UFO which had long been on my wishlist. I saw the end credits for that too and it was a really fun game with great music and art style, and plenty of humorous ideas built around the core crane game / UFO catcher gameplay mechanic. You take odd jobs and get tasked with loading cargo into a boat, helping cheerleaders with their human tower practice, harvesting veggies, reassembling broken museum art pieces, making a giant parfait, building temples, etc. May sound simple until you realize you face a time limit for these tasks and all the irregularly shaped objects are awfully wobbly when you try to stack and balance them on top of each other. 

Now that I finished the game, even more content unlocked and I still have a lot of challenges to complete. If you're into physics based puzzle games, you might like Part Time UFO that will brighten up your day with its feel-good energy. 

Next I'm probably getting Steins;Gate Elite that someone here recommended to me before the -50% eShop sale is over.

• Like 3

I played and finished Super Metroid over the weekend. I didn't realize it was a available on the SNES classic collection and decided to give it a go.

I was really surprised how "modern" it felt and despite coming out 25 years ago, it aged well. The storyline is very interesting and the environments, art, boss battles, etc were all really cool and aesthetically pleasing. It makes me soooo hyped for Metroid Dread after playing it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is paying for the online services.

Other than that, I decided to pick up Yu-Gi-Oh for the switch since it was on sale. It's fun, but some of these battles are just bullshit with the story deck. Haha.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I played and finished Super Metroid over the weekend. I didn't realize it was a available on the SNES classic collection and decided to give it a go.

I was really surprised how "modern" it felt and despite coming out 25 years ago, it aged well. The storyline is very interesting and the environments, art, boss battles, etc were all really interesting. It makes me soooo hyped for Metroid Dread after playing it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is paying for the online services.

Other than that, I decided to pick up Yu-Gi-Oh for the switch since it was on sale. It's fun, but some of these battles are just bullshit with the story deck. Haha.

I forgot about that SNES online. They should add Super CastleVania 4 to SNES online. That's a great game

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, Eyjabria said:

I have a complaint about the localisation work of the game though. There's a lot of typos and grammatical errors, as if the game was rushed out the door and there was no time for proof-reading. At times names were written wrong which got kind of annoying seeing a dialogue box with "Kororo", then 2 dialogue boxes later it had changed into "Kokoro", then back to Kororo again.

Now that I finished the game, even more content unlocked and I still have a lot of challenges to complete. If you're into physics based puzzle games, you might like Part Time UFO that will brighten up your day with its feel-good energy.

Bummer about the localization. I recently started playing the extensive fan translation of Trails to Azure (which is getting an official localization based on the fan work, which is awesome), and it's very professionally done.

I loved Part Time UFO. It was in line with the bite-sized first-party download games on 3DS and Wii U, like Pushmo, BoxBoy, Mario vs Donkey Kong, etc. So far the only things I've seen like that on Switch are Part Time UFO and the most recent BoxBoy game. I wish we'd get more of them, because they were some of my favorite kinds of games last generation (and I still play them now; they usually have *tons* of content hiding behind that cheap price tag). I think that Nintendo has probably let those releases dry up because of not wanting to compete with the indie market that flooded the Switch, but it makes me sad.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:10 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I was really surprised how "modern" it felt and despite coming out 25 years ago, it aged well. The storyline is very interesting and the environments, art, boss battles, etc were all really cool and aesthetically pleasing. It makes me soooo hyped for Metroid Dread after playing it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is paying for the online services.

I played Super Metroid for the first time on Wii U a few years ago, and I agree with you. I hope they eventually bring GBA games to Switch Online, because Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission are great follow-ups to Super Metroid. I'm also looking forward to Dread. I was one of the people who loved Samus Returns on 3DS.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Bummer about the localization. I recently started playing the extensive fan translation of Trails to Azure (which is getting an official localization based on the fan work, which is awesome), and it's very professionally done.

I loved Part Time UFO. It was in line with the bite-sized first-party download games on 3DS and Wii U, like Pushmo, BoxBoy, Mario vs Donkey Kong, etc. So far the only things I've seen like that on Switch are Part Time UFO and the most recent BoxBoy game. I wish we'd get more of them, because they were some of my favorite kinds of games last generation (and I still play them now; they usually have *tons* of content hiding behind that cheap price tag). I think that Nintendo has probably let those releases dry up because of not wanting to compete with the indie market that flooded the Switch, but it makes me sad.

I played Super Metroid for the first time on Wii U a few years ago, and I agree with you. I hope they eventually bring GBA games to Switch Online, because Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission are great follow-ups to Super Metroid. I'm also looking forward to Dread. I was one of the people who loved Samus Returns on 3DS.

Honestly, I'd love for them to do that too. There were grumblings of them bringing GBA games to the online service (apparently someone found that an emulator is already in place at Nintendo), but nothing has come of it yet of course. I owned a GBA back in the day, but never really got into Metroid (too busy playing Pokemon most likely XD) and sold it off years ago.

It's sad because after playing super Metroid, consider me a fan and would happily pay to own more games from the collection on the switch.

• Like 2

Finished Xenoblade "Future Connected" after like 6-10 hours. I enjoyed the new area (which was originally cut from the base game) and liked the new cast of characters. Story-wise it was a bit of a letdown seeing how short it was (the gameplay was still great) but I found it a nice conclusion to the game.

Right now, I'm playing Kaze and the Wild Masks and so far it's been a blast. Very reminiscent of old-school Sonic games too.

• Like 1

Started playing Bayonetta 2 on Switch on Friday and finished it today. 
Great game again, liked it more than the first one. Love the humorous approach the games take. 
It was a nice surprise there's amiibo support that even unlocked some fun costumes like Samus and Link attire. Morph ball transformation was a really nice touch! But I'm disappointed there was no Kirby costume considering Kirby has a Bayonetta form in Smash Bros. :P 
Another awesome surprise was art gallery that unlocked after beating the main story. There was an exceptional amount of concept art included which I was very happy about. 

7c918a132c6bc85b5b680e6160629154262dd1c0.jpg 

I think the only downside I can think of at the moment is that the subtitles advanced way too fast at times and I didn't have time to read them completely before they were already replaced with new lines. Also at the very beginning the game threw enemies at me non-stop while there were story intro subtitles displaying at the same time, but I didn't really have a chance to read them while inflicting hurt on the enemies. 

I've also been playing Café Enchanté, this time I'm going through Il's story branch. 

Oh yeah, and my 4 week long vacation started! But my backlog wrestling plans are soiled right away with Monster Hunter Stories 2 releasing next Friday and then later in July we're getting The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on Switch. ? 

Bayonetta to Jeanne: "Sales are so much better after the holidays."

Even though Bayonetta has a good point there, I'm not going to wait over the holidays to get those games.

• Like 1