Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

12 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

New story trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V. Looking good. 

The game looks nice, kind of miss the old character designs but I hope we'll see some new demon designs with the artstyle they're going with. Gameplay-wise, it's good but I feel it could've benefited from some polishing or a "Switch Pro" version since it looks dated running on the regular Switch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

I'd recommend that you check out SMT: Strange Journey on the DS or the 3DS remaster as the game is more focused on story and character-development compared to the "gameplay first, story second" nature of the other games in the series. 

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1&2 are also great choices if you're going after story and characters since they were the most story-driven ones of the PS2 era. 

Yes, from what I understand, DDS 1&2 have a regular party system and not just the protagonist with their collection of demons.

What about Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor 1&2? I think the latter are tactical RPGs, which I sometimes enjoy.

I actually own all the localized games, between 3DS and PS3. But SMT IV was the first one I've actually tried to start. I don't know how far I am in terms of the entire game, but I think I should probably move on.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yes, from what I understand, DDS 1&2 have a regular party system and not just the protagonist with their collection of demons.

What about Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor 1&2? I think the latter are tactical RPGs, which I sometimes enjoy.

I actually own all the localized games, between 3DS and PS3. But SMT IV was the first one I've actually tried to start. I don't know how far I am in terms of the entire game, but I think I should probably move on.

Devil Survivor 1 and 2 are fantastic, and I'm not much of a fan of tactical RPGs. 

• Like 3

Pokemon Unite confirmed to be coming out July 21st. So this next upcoming Wednesday. If you log into the game before August 31st you get Zeraora for free.

I'm going to at least try it. Because I see no harm in doing so honestly. even if my expectations are still to get too frustrated with it eventually and drop it like I did with Pokken

If anyone else plans on playing this game/trying it out as well... I'm all for co-op/squading up/whatever you want to call it. Just find a way to contact me and we can set something up. I'm not against doing VC when we do so as well. But it'll have to be via Discord obviously.

Either contact me on Discord (I'm on the PSNP Discord with the same name as on the forum) or PM me and we can do it that way.

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 2

I managed to snag a set of the limited edition Skyward Sword joy-cons from Target this morning. I tried to pre-order them, but they were immediately sold out everywhere after they were announced. So I got up early like a black Friday shopper and got a set from the store on launch day. They're sweet looking!

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 11:19 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I think you'll like Soul Hackers since it combines the classic old-school SMT gameplay with the character interactions of the Persona games. I really loved the futuristic and mystery setting of the story though the dialogue got cheesy at times (it was a 90s game after all lol). I remember it being a pretty short game too (around 25 hours I think) and the difficulty was just right, so it's worth checking out. Just remember that it's on the dated side in just about everything though. 

I've beat Devil Survivor 1 last year and liked it, though that game got brutal since I'm not a huge fan of strategy games. Haven't played DS2 yet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I’ll probably test Pokemon Unite as well. I did expend my share of hours in Smite so i’m looking forward to it.

I guess exchanging Switch codes is enough?

I don't know unfortunately. From what I saw during the Japanese Beta (videos I watched I mean) you have to become friends in Pokemon Unite itself in order to squad up but it was just a beta so maybe just FC? ?

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 3:04 AM, Eyjabria said:

Have you played Persona Q and Persona Q2 already? Both are great games with plenty of fun interaction between the Persona cast. The sub-persona system makes battles a lot more interesting than the mainline Persona series IMO.

Interestingly, I was hit by the "infamous" Persona Q faulty cartridge issue when I tried to launch it again. The only fix is to buy a non-faulty cartridge or digital copy (we won't mention other options). It looks like I was on the second major dungeon in the game. Hopefully I can finish it finally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Interestingly, I was hit by the "infamous" Persona Q faulty cartridge issue when I tried to launch it again. The only fix is to buy a non-faulty cartridge or digital copy (we won't mention other options). It looks like I was on the second major dungeon in the game. Hopefully I can finish it finally.

What the heck?! That sucks! I heard some people had similar problems with Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire cartridges but thought they were the only ones affected. 

I think Persona Q has gotten a permanent price drop in eShop and has been in sales often but you shouldn't really have to pay extra for companies' technical issues / supbar products. 

The third dungeon is pretty creepy but fun.

EDIT: Just looked up info on the cartridge issue and someone had emailed Atlus about it and they had promised to send a download code as replacement for the faulty cartridge. Maybe you could try contacting them too?

Edited by Eyjabria

I did read this over the weekend.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/nintendo-switch-lite-oled-games-zelda-metroid-bayonetta-fire-emblem-leak/

I wouldn't put too much hope in it. It's a typical Nintendo leaker who's right 50% of the time, but if even half of this is true, we are in for a VERY interesting 2022.

I think its validity will become more apparent by the end of the year if we get substantial Bayonetta 3 gameplay and a release date and if we see any of it in early 2022. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

What the heck?! That sucks! I heard some people had similar problems with Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire cartridges but thought they were the only ones affected. 

I think Persona Q has gotten a permanent price drop in eShop and has been in sales often but you shouldn't really have to pay extra for companies' technical issues / supbar products. 

The third dungeon is pretty creepy but fun.

EDIT: Just looked up info on the cartridge issue and someone had emailed Atlus about it and they had promised to send a download code as replacement for the faulty cartridge. Maybe you could try contacting them too?

Apparently you need a proof of purchase for support from Atlus, and I bought the collector's edition way back on Dec 16, 2014. So I'm not expecting much there. Still, worth a try I suppose.

At this point I actually prefer digital over physical anyway, although physical copies sometimes have cool touches. I have the cartridge for Q2 also, and I like how the case art has the characters on the inside cover.

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/nintendo-switch-lite-oled-games-zelda-metroid-bayonetta-fire-emblem-leak/

I wouldn't put too much hope in it. It's a typical Nintendo leaker who's right 50% of the time, but if even half of this is true, we are in for a VERY interesting 2022.

I think its validity will become more apparent by the end of the year if we get substantial Bayonetta 3 gameplay and a release date and if we see any of it in early 2022. 

That Metroid Prime Trilogy "confirmed rumor" will just not die.

Anyway, I have a Wii U still, so I can play Zelda TP, Zelda WW, and MP Trilogy there. Switch ports would be cool though. The Intelligent Systems rumor sounds believable though - a new Fire Emblem is of course happening at some point. They used to make smaller games during the 3DS and Wii U eras, and I would love to see new ones for Switch. I loved the Pushmo games, and a new one (or something similar) would be great.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Apparently you need a proof of purchase for support from Atlus, and I bought the collector's edition way back on Dec 16, 2014. So I'm not expecting much there. Still, worth a try I suppose.

At this point I actually prefer digital over physical anyway, although physical copies sometimes have cool touches. I have the cartridge for Q2 also, and I like how the case art has the characters on the inside cover.

Worth trying IMO. Maybe explain them you don't have the receipt anymore as you bought the product at launch. And send them a photo of the collector's edition + the cartridge showing the serial number with a paper note with your email address written on it or something? And maybe include a photo of your 3DS showing the error message when you attempt to start the game. I'd guess that should be proof enough for your purchase and the issue with the game. The responsibility for a product with a manufacturing defect falls on the manufacturer and in this case it's a well-known issue with their product too. 
I'd think compensating a customer is very cheap for the company considering the customer may be a returning customer. Getting stingy with this kind of small stuff can easily affect their reputation and business in the future. 

Physical copies are nice as they have resale value and are often cheaper than digital copies. Just got Monster Hunter Stories 2 for 5 € less than what it costs in eShop and got a MH notebook + a microfibre cloth to go with the game. Sometimes they include small art booklets and such too. 

Oh, and I'm still playing the otome visual novel Café Enchanté. Playing Il's route and shit just got real. Not to spoil too much but there are cut limbs and a very fascinating twist on what I initially thought was a charming slice-of-life depiction of peaceful life at a café. Nice! B)

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 1

Finished Super Metroid over a week ago, and it's honestly a great game all-round.

Still think that there are some archaic elements that could be improved upon, but overall I had a fantastic time with it. ?

Started Other M because I've had it for awhile, and while the story is pretty meh, I honestly kind of like the gameplay. It's flawed and somewhat finicky, but enjoyable all the same.

I'm also continuing a casual playthrough of Corruption because I needed some Prime in my life. lmao

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Sounds like a bit too much good stuff to be true, imo.

(Then again, COVID could've delayed stuff meant for this year into next year, thus causing 2022 to be jammed pack with a bunch of games meant for this and next year lol)

That said, I do still think that we'll get a Metroid Prime: Trilogy remaster down the line, and I could see ports of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD as well.

But that'd be more so out of coincidence/Nintendo seeing the demand for them rather than people "leaking" anything, at least from my perspective.

A new Donkey Kong, Kirby, Fire Emblem remake, and remakes of the Oracle games all sound pretty logical too;

Donkey Kong's 40th anniversary is this year, and Metroid is getting its own anniversary title through Dread. (I don't think they'll release a new DK game this year, though)

Kirby is milked frequently by Nintendo, and the developers want to do something bigger and/or different last I checked. (So a new 3D Kirby game would make sense)

FE is also heavily milked, it's been awhile since Three Houses, and it'd make sense to remake more games given the newfound popularity of the series since Awakening.

Link's Awakening already got a remake, the developers haven't released anything since, and they could reuse assets from it for Oracle remakes much like the original games.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Finished Super Metroid over a week ago, and it's honestly a great game all-round. Still think that there are some archaic elements that could be improved upon, but overall I had a fantastic time with it.

Started Other M because I've had it for awhile, and while the story is pretty meh, I honestly kind of like the gameplay. It's flawed and somewhat finicky, but enjoyable all the same.

I'm also continuing a casual playthrough of Corruption because I needed some Prime in my life. lmao

Sounds like a bit too much good stuff to be true, imo. (Then again, COVID could've delayed stuff meant for this year into next year and thus causing 2022 to be jammed pack with a bunch of games lol)

That said, I do still think that we'll get a Metroid Prime: Trilogy remaster down the line, and I could see ports of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD as well.

A new Donkey Kong, Kirby, Fire Emblem remake, and remakes of the Oracle games all sound pretty logical too. (DK's 40th anniversary is this year, Kirby is milked and the devs want to do something bigger lastt I checked, FE is also milked and it'd make sense to remake games given the massive increase in interest in the series since Awakening, and Link's Awakening already got a remake so they could reuse assets from it for Oracle remakes much like how the original games did)

That's a good point about Covid.  It might explain why they've been sitting on these HD releases like Prime and WW/TP. In case something got delayed and needed to fill it in with something else. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That's a good point about Covid.  It might explain why they've been sitting on these HD releases like Prime and WW/TP. In case something got delayed and needed to fill it in with something else. 

Assuming that they are sitting on any of these, I feel like a port of the former would have more to do with wanting to release it closer to Metroid Prime 4.

(And thus avoid having a similar situation to the port of Bayonetta 2, since Bayonetta 3 - much like Prime 4 - has been announced for years with nothing to show for it)

As for the other two, it is possible that COVID played a part in it, but I don't doubt that they also didn't want to take attention away from Skyward Sword HD.

The original didn't sell as well as they had hoped for various reasons, so I think wanting to focus on it and not announce or show too much else makes sense.

(Even if I find the extent that they've gone to with this to be disagreeable, if true)

It's likely one reason why they showed such a small trailer for Breath of The Wild's sequel after almost two years of waiting;

They had to show something, but only the bare minimum to prevent it from smothering SS HD, while still letting people know that the game is being worked on and coming soon.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Worth trying IMO. Maybe explain them you don't have the receipt anymore as you bought the product at launch. And send them a photo of the collector's edition + the cartridge showing the serial number with a paper note with your email address written on it or something? And maybe include a photo of your 3DS showing the error message when you attempt to start the game. I'd guess that should be proof enough for your purchase and the issue with the game. The responsibility for a product with a manufacturing defect falls on the manufacturer and in this case it's a well-known issue with their product too. 
I'd think compensating a customer is very cheap for the company considering the customer may be a returning customer. Getting stingy with this kind of small stuff can easily affect their reputation and business in the future. 

Physical copies are nice as they have resale value and are often cheaper than digital copies. Just got Monster Hunter Stories 2 for 5 € less than what it costs in eShop and got a MH notebook + a microfibre cloth to go with the game. Sometimes they include small art booklets and such too.

Well, it didn't take long to get shot down. I got a pretty standard "this title is old and we no longer support it" response. Oh well.

My problem is that I take so long to get to most of my games, that the resale value is usually gone by the time I do. Nintendo games are usually an exception, as they tend to hold their value pretty well. I am probably 75% digital now, and that will likely keep going up.

3 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Finished Super Metroid over a week ago, and it's honestly a great game all-round.

Still think that there are some archaic elements that could be improved upon, but overall I had a fantastic time with it. 1f601.png

I don't know if it was an archaic element or just me sucking at the game, but I never did manage to master wall jumping. It seemed like I'd use the same method each time, but the game would only register that I was doing it a fraction of the time. I played the Wii U eShop version of SM, so maybe it was a timing/latency thing? I dunno.

I also seem to recall that the game's map did not remove things that were collected (like missile capacity upgrades). If I'm remembering that correctly, that's a (seemingly small) archaic element that would be a nice QoL improvement in a remake.

But I agree, I also had a fantastic time with the game.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know if it was an archaic element or just me sucking at the game, but I never did manage to master wall jumping. It seemed like I'd use the same method each time, but the game would only register that I was doing it a fraction of the time. I played the Wii U eShop version of SM, so maybe it was a timing/latency thing? I dunno.

The wall jumping was pretty jank, ngl. That was the part that made me go, "Oh yeah, this game is 20+ years old, lol." Props to whoever mastered that. xD

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, it didn't take long to get shot down. I got a pretty standard "this title is old and we no longer support it" response. Oh well.

Then just ahem, "use other means to obtain it". They should probably remove Persona Q from the eShop as well since they no longer support the "old title". Atlus just lost a lot of points in my eyes if that's how they treat their paying customers. Will keep that in mind when considering getting their products in the future. 

NISA Europe was happy to send us a new copy of a soundtrack for a Grand Kingdom limited edition that had a smaller soundtrack included by error (mailed from UK to Finland). The campaign for the exchange was already over a long time ago as we had purchased the game from a local retailer years after release. I don't remember them even asking for a receipt or anything. That was a really nice gesture from NISA and I'd expect a company of the size of Sega/Atlus would easily have the resources for proper customer support.

• Like 1

Just to prove that i didn't just turn old over the past year.

Did you beat Resident Evil 4 on Professional? I just can't for the life of me get past the Salazar Staue sequence, no matter how fast i am at the QTE.

I have beaten this game dozens of times but the Switch verison's QTEs are unnatural.

Edited by Isle-of-Miku

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Then just ahem, "use other means to obtain it". They should probably remove Persona Q from the eShop as well since they no longer support the "old title". Atlus just lost a lot of points in my eyes if that's how they treat their paying customers. Will keep that in mind when considering getting their products in the future. 

NISA Europe was happy to send us a new copy of a soundtrack for a Grand Kingdom limited edition that had a smaller soundtrack included by error (mailed from UK to Finland). The campaign for the exchange was already over a long time ago as we had purchased the game from a local retailer years after release. I don't remember them even asking for a receipt or anything. That was a really nice gesture from NISA and I'd expect a company of the size of Sega/Atlus would easily have the resources for proper customer support.

I don't condone piracy, but I wouldn't blame someone for "finding" a copy of a game if their disc/cartridge stopped working and they didn't get help from the publisher.

I guess I don't expect much support for a game that old either. And I'm too much of a sucker for Persona to ever boycott Atlus over it. ?

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I also seem to recall that the game's map did not remove things that were collected (like missile capacity upgrades). If I'm remembering that correctly, that's a (seemingly small) archaic element that would be a nice QoL improvement in a remake.

But I agree, I also had a fantastic time with the game.

The wall jumping in Super is just overly precise in general, at least from what I can tell. Thankfully it's not really required to do anything, or even to 100% the game, but still...

The map doesn't distinguish between uncollected and collected items like later games do, unfortunately.

(i.e All item icons are white, whereas in later games the icon for uncollected items is a white "ring" that later fills in when you collect an item)

The map's a little harder to read compared to later games, and manually switching between items slows the pacing and makes you more likely to accidently use the wrong one.

Other than that, the game is really good, and has aged extremely well. Most items/upgrades weren't nearly as frustrating to obtain as certain ones in later titles either.

(Screw Maridia, though; using the grappling beam elsewhere is fine, but here it's a nightmare and the puzzles for it are poorly designed imo)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't condone piracy, but I wouldn't blame someone for "finding" a copy of a game if their disc/cartridge stopped working and they didn't get help from the publisher.

I guess I don't expect much support for a game that old either. And I'm too much of a sucker for Persona to ever boycott Atlus over it. 1f914.png

Don't worry, it's not piracy. You legally own the game and you have the right to find the means to play the game you've paid for. 

I'd probably tell Atlus that I can see the "old title" in 3DS eShop and they are asking money for it, so how is it possible they are not supporting the title. Are they not the publisher?

• Like 2