Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Pokemon Unite is releasing officially at 12 am PST and 3 am EST tonight.

Yeah... I'll just wait until tomorrow morning/evening to try it.

I'm going to just try to be chill with it at first. Honestly... I just want to play for fun/casual. Doable? Who knows. Probably not. Going to try anyway.

My offer still stands though. If you want to co-op/squad/whatever with me then contact me either on Discord or through forum PM and we can set something up.

8 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I just downloaded Pokemon Unite, it seems there is Trainer ID, I’ll leave mine here for playing: A0XR8EM

I also have one but I don't feel safe posting it out in the open. I'll just send an in-game friend request I guess.

I've been playing it for awhile... and yeah... it's addicting. lol

I'm having so much fun that I literally don't care about the score. So... um... maybe... just maybe... this is something I can stick with? ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I also have one but I don't feel safe posting it out in the open. I'll just send an in-game friend request I guess.

I've been playing it for awhile... and yeah... it's addicting. lol

I'm having so much fun that I literally don't care about the score. So... um... maybe... just maybe... this is something I can stick with? 1f62e.png

I tried it yesterday for a few matches and it’s fun and a good game. But competitevely speaking its better to use the controller.

As a very experienced MOBA player I can see the game is pretty easy and simple to learn, but its too quick for my tastes, I can literally defeat pokemons in two abilities it doesnt feel the same as Smite.

Anyway, if you expect to just have fun and collect cosmetics then go with it, but rankeds is another world.

I also saw there is no gem rewards, they are full paid, and half the battle pass is behind the gems (the best part of course).

Was fun to try it tho.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I tried it yesterday for a few matches and it’s fun and a good game. But competitevely speaking its better to use the controller.

As a very experienced MOBA player I can see the game is pretty easy and simple to learn, but its too quick for my tastes, I can literally defeat pokemons in two abilities it doesnt feel the same as Smite.

Anyway, if you expect to just have fun and collect cosmetics then go with it, but rankeds is another world.

I also saw there is no gem rewards, they are full paid, and half the battle pass is behind the gems (the best part of course).

Was fun to try it tho.

I wasn't really intended on messing with ranked. Even though I already tried it and won twice. But yeah I don't care about ranked and am just playing casually/for fun

1 hour ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Last Saturday I bought Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and two days later my girlfriend bought a copy of her own, hoping we could continue to play online. Is there really only this arena mode available? Is there really no way to pick our favourite offline options and perhaps add some bots?

The host should be able to change the settings afaik. I don't think it'll let you add bots though, but there should be other options to pick maps, items, stock/time, etc.

Wish they did have the ability to add bots though. Give it that couch co-op feel, you know?

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The host should be able to change the settings afaik. I don't think it'll let you add bots though, but there should be other options to pick maps, items, stock/time, etc.

Wish they did have the ability to add bots though. Give it that couch co-op feel, you know?

Yes, some options are available, but I wish Nintendo would allow for a seamless transition from couch co-op. At least give us a way of creating a party and staying together instead of forcing us to coordinate which game to enter...

• Like 1

I have been having more time to play with my Switch and 3DS lately and loving the recent games I have been playing.

Bravely Default 2 - I just got to chapter 2 and I'm starting to enjoy the variety on the jobs I have unlocked which leads to some fun gameplay customization.

My Time at Portia - I already own this on the PS4 but I loved it so much that I got myself a physical copy on the Switch, it feels great having the comfort to play it anywhere in this life sim RPG with crafting and farming elements. Although I do have to add it is the most buggy out of all the console ports, the developers are in the works to release an improvement patch to not only fix bugs but also add new content that was released on PC. Makes me wonder if we will get new trophies on the PS4 due to this patch.

Monster Hunter Stories - Glad to start the series with the first game as I'm really enjoying the monster taming; exploration gameplay with cute aesthetics of the MH series.

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX - This game puts a big smile, it's too cute!!

maxresdefault.jpg

These are a few of the games I'm currently playing on those systems and would like to add more but it will end up as a big post lol, but there are a few games I have pre ordered for my Switch I would like to add which are Spiritfarer ( a physical version has been announced and was planning already to play this game as I heard many great things about it so decided to wait for the physical release) Kitaria Fables, and Monster Harvest, both which have farming, RPG elements with their own unique twist!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Angel said:

Bravely Default 2 - I just got to chapter 2 and I'm starting to enjoy the variety on the jobs I have unlocked which leads to some fun gameplay customization.

Yeah, by the end of Chapter 3, you start really seeing some amazing potential combinations that make taking out bosses really satisfying. It gets even more crazy late game with trials and such, but I think that's when your strategies really come to light. I'd definitely recommend to take your time with the game and really try out the classes as it will pay dividends for the late/post game.

I think after I got the true, final ending, I had 90-95 hours into it even though I could've beaten it in 60 or 70.

Would love to hear what combos you've taken a liking to as I may give them a go in NG+ (if it's not the same ones I'm already using).

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Angel said:

I have been having more time to play with my Switch and 3DS lately and loving the recent games I have been playing.

My Time at Portia - I already own this on the PS4 but I loved it so much that I got myself a physical copy on the Switch, it feels great having the comfort to play it anywhere in this life sim RPG with crafting and farming elements. Although I do have to add it is the most buggy out of all the console ports, the developers are in the works to release an improvement patch to not only fix bugs but also add new content that was released on PC. Makes me wonder if we will get new trophies on the PS4 due to this patch.

Monster Hunter Stories - Glad to start the series with the first game as I'm really enjoying the monster taming; exploration gameplay with cute aesthetics of the MH series.

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX - This game puts a big smile, it's too cute!!

maxresdefault.jpg

These are a few of the games I'm currently playing on those systems and would like to add more but it will end up as a big post lol, but there are a few games I have pre ordered for my Switch I would like to add which are Spiritfarer ( a physical version has been announced and was planning already to play this game as I heard many great things about it so decided to wait for the physical release) Kitaria Fables, and Monster Harvest, both which have farming, RPG elements with their own unique twist!

The characters in Project Mirai DX are hilarious if you haven't been playing in a while. They are so offended and just turn their back to you when you try to interact with them, as if you've done them wrong by neglecting them. 

3DS is still an amazing console that gets daily use in our household. I went on a shopping spree in 3DS eShop some time ago and bought several titles I had passed earlier, including some older Etrian Odyssey games and Attack of the Friday Monsters (that's a really charming game, btw). 

Just started Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation myself a few days ago while waiting for my husband donate blood. Revelation is the third and last game in the Fates "trilogy" that I hadn't played yet. I was planning to just do the main story and be done with it buuut... here I am again, grinding to get great skills to pass on to child units. Just got my first child unit recruited today. There's something really satisfying in wrecking the enemies with overpowered child units that have broken skills. Not sure if I have the patience to get all the child units this time as there's over 20 and I didn't remember how slow it is to get decent skills for low level characters even with the DLC exp level. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, by the end of Chapter 3, you start really seeing some amazing potential combinations that make taking out bosses really satisfying. It gets even more crazy late game with trials and such, but I think that's when your strategies really come to light. I'd definitely recommend to take your time with the game and really try out the classes as it will pay dividends for the late/post game.

I think after I got the true, final ending, I had 90-95 hours into it even though I could've beaten it in 60 or 70.

Would love to hear what combos you've taken a liking to as I may give them a go in NG+ (if it's not the same ones I'm already using).

That's great to hear, I always enjoyed the job/class system in BD (especially when the characters pull off some killer outfits :giggle:) and I do love experimenting with main and sub combinations. Currently so far I have my Seth as a Berserker/Beastmaster, Gloria as Freelancer/White Mage, Elvis as Freelancer/Black Mage, and Adelle as Monk/Beastmaster. I'm still experimenting with them with the jobs I currently have so there's not much variety. I have mostly have freelancers to level up the job and get the JP up ability and beastmaster for the Mow Down attack as it really helps me out taking large groups.

Hope to give you a future update on how I'm doing on my playthrough with the job combos as I'm excited what other classes are available in this game!

15 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

The characters in Project Mirai DX are hilarious if you haven't been playing in a while. They are so offended and just turn their back to you when you try to interact with them, as if you've done them wrong by neglecting them. 

3DS is still an amazing console that gets daily use in our household. I went on a shopping spree in 3DS eShop some time ago and bought several titles I had passed earlier, including some older Etrian Odyssey games and Attack of the Friday Monsters (that's a really charming game, btw). 

Just started Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation myself a few days ago while waiting for my husband donate blood. Revelation is the third and last game in the Fates "trilogy" that I hadn't played yet. I was planning to just do the main story and be done with it buuut... here I am again, grinding to get great skills to pass on to child units. Just got my first child unit recruited today. There's something really satisfying in wrecking the enemies with overpowered child units that have broken skills. Not sure if I have the patience to get all the child units this time as there's over 20 and I didn't remember how slow it is to get decent skills for low level characters even with the DLC exp level. 

Haha that makes the game even more cute, luckily I do take some time to play a few songs to improve my scores so I haven't had that happen to me.

I know right! Although I got pretty late into owning one, I have been giving it much more love compared to my other consoles. Such a huge variety in it's library of games I would like to play and this includes the DS titles as well! I will be doing the same in going on a eshop shopping spree hopefully soon as since I got the 3DS pretty late, games have become difficult and pricey, physically to get and there's always the fear of the eshop closing like we experienced that scare with the Ps Vita/PS3 stores ?. I actually never heard of Attack of the Friday Monsters, it got me interested, thank you for letting know as I watched a video review and it is charming and unique! While seeing the video, I also stumbled upon a rythm game called Harmoknights that's and eshop exclusive so I'm really looking forward to getting that too!

I do want to play the Fire Emblem games on the 3DS down the road but I still haven't finished Three Houses so I would like to finish it up, at least my first playthrough before I start a new one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angel said:

That's great to hear, I always enjoyed the job/class system in BD (especially when the characters pull off some killer outfits :giggle:) and I do love experimenting with main and sub combinations. Currently so far I have my Seth as a Berserker/Beastmaster, Gloria as Freelancer/White Mage, Elvis as Freelancer/Black Mage, and Adelle as Monk/Beastmaster. I'm still experimenting with them with the jobs I currently have so there's not much variety. I have mostly have freelancers to level up the job and get the JP up ability and beastmaster for the Mow Down attack as it really helps me out taking large groups.

Beastmaster is an amazing class. I have an older post, and I think I pretty much said "Beastmaster pairs well with anything." xD Beastmaster/Monk is actually one of my favorite early game pairings (especially after you master Beastmaster) as you can chunk enemies' health regardless of their defense (which is important for a particular boss battle in chapter 2). Using captured monsters early on feels soooo powerful. Haha.

• Like 1

So I've been playing Pokemon Unite for close to a full week now (it won't be a full week until this upcoming Wednesday) and it's honestly hard to really tell what my skill is. I've never played a MOBA so I don't really know what I'm doing for the most part (especially in the Quick Battle maps) and I've tried to watch videos/guides by others/PokeTubers that seem more knowledgeable than I am to make up the difference. I'd say doing that has helped but also not helped at the same time.

I go on winning streaks and then I go on losing streaks. So it is what it is I suppose. Regardless I'm still having fun with it and I've taught myself to just not care and that 'I'm still learning' so yeah.

But I'm in Great tier in ranked. That's... honestly good enough for me when it comes to rank in my first MOBA.

• Like 3

July has been so jam-packed with awesome games I can't keep up. I still haven't finished Monster Hunter Stories 2, today The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (two games!) is out and in a few days we're getting Bustafellows which I'm very excited about! 

I'm still in the middle of Café Enchanté on Switch too and now they're shoving more visual novels into my face. Halp.

• Like 3

So I've made it to Great Class 4 or somewhere around there in Pokemon Unite.

I refuse to play ranked anymore without a squad/group because there are too many incompetent people and people intentionally leaving games. I had this happen to me twice in a row this morning/afternoon (luckily I wasn't playing ranked but I'm just saying)

I feel like people are doing this on purpose and just trolling in general and I hope it eventually stops. Don't play the god damn game if you just want to ruin games for others.

I've trimmed my character list down a little bit at least. I've effectively dropped Talonflame and Greninja because I don't feel like I play them very well. Same for Venusaur but I still play as him sometimes.

So this is probably my list right now. Ever changing list though obviously due to game changes/updates for buffs/nerfs and/or more characters/Pokemon being added to the game

Main: Pikachu, Zeraora or Gardevoir
Secondary: Lucario, Absol, or Cinderace
For Fun: Garchomp or Venusaur

• Like 2

Got some new games ordered for my Switch and 3DS to add to my gaming collection!

Tales of Vesperia

I never played this Tales of so I decided to finally try it  out, the only difficult choice was wether to get it on the PS4 or Switch as both go for pretty cheap now but I ultimately decided on the Switch for it's portability.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & Torna

I really am enjoying my playthrough with Xenoblade DE (which I'm far from finish even though I got it on release ?) so I wanted to own 2 and Torna but I didn't realized they are quite pricey to get now. Luckily I was able to find two different sellers that had them for much cheaper used, both in like new condition with everything included. A funny story with Torna, I asked the seller if they may provide me with images and they sent me many pics of the game and one of them had the season pass code fully displayed. Out of curiosity and since I was going to buy it anyway once they told me it included everything (case, artwork cover, inserts, etc.), I checked the code and it was redeemable ?, now the good in me told them to not post codes when displaying images as they can just easily be redeemed if it was not used before, they laughed and thanked me about the mistake and said they don't normally sale games as they sale house appliances and such so he offered a small $5 discount just for that tip ?

Disney Magical World 1 & 2 for the 3DS

They look so cute and just recently heard about them through my shopping 3DS game recommendations, I saw some gameplay and trailers of and oddly, they remind me of Go Vacation! if anyone remembers that Wii game but with a Disney theme!

Super excited to play these games but sadly it's pushing me away from playing; finishing P5 Scramble and my newly received YS Monstrum Nox on the PS4 ?

• Like 4

Sorry, not Switch related, but European 3DS eShop has great discounts again on some Atlus games: https://en.psprices.com/region-fi/discounts/?sort=date&platform=3DS
Great opportunity to pick up some titles for under 5 €!

EDIT: Oh! Actually I do have a Switch related thing to share. Asked for a physical copy of Atelier Ryza for Switch in my local game store several months ago when they had no stock (they only had PS4 version). I had already lost hope of getting it physical as it was sold out everywhere and was waiting for a sale to get it digitally either on PC or Switch. But somehow they had managed to get more stock and notified us we could go pick up our copy. It cost under 50 € too. So yeah, now I have both Atelier Ryza and Atelier Ryza 2 physical copies waiting for a suitable moment to start playing. :)

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 3

Guys, I'm thinking of buying a switch game, but I can only buy one.

I can't decide between Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Super Smash Bro. I'm a little hesitant about Super Smash Bro as I'm thinking of those characters that are locked.

Will those locked characters somewhat pulled down the fun and enjoyment of the game?

• Like 1

My old-school JRPG sweet tooth has been aching ever since I completed Octopath Traveler. I've had my eye on a couple of games and was wondering if anyone has input to offer on which one would be a better pick. 

A. Star Ocean: First Departure R - Completely new series for me and what I read about the skills system sounds intriguing, plus I like sci-fi.

B. Golden Sun - Played this for a few hours on a GBA emulator like 15 years ago and remember liking it but dropped the game when I didn't know where to go. This is available on Wii U Virtual Console.

I don't really like backtracking in games and if there's constant random encounters with no possibility to fast travel, I might get annoyed quickly. I wonder if both of those titles include those traits and if I should be looking at some other titles instead?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Guys, I'm thinking of buying a switch game, but I can only buy one.

I can't decide between Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Super Smash Bro. I'm a little hesitant about Super Smash Bro as I'm thinking of those characters that are locked.

Will those locked characters somewhat pulled down the fun and enjoyment of the game?

I don't think the locked characters will take away your enjoyment unless you plan on playing a lot of ONLINE multiplayer. In a sense, you are on an uneven playing field because you are fighting characters you'll never use and it's more difficult to learn the matchups.

If you play for fun and locally with friends, there's 75 playable characters. I think you'll find it difficult to be unsatisfied with the base roster imo.

I bought the first pack because I liked the idea of playing with Joker, Byleth, Hero, etc. I have yet to buy the second pass because the only character I'd want is Sephiroth, and I don't play it enough with friends to justify buying the rest. To each their own I guess.

• Like 4

I posted it in the Discord... but... take this however all of you want to...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/third-xenoblade-chronicles-game-reportedly-nearing-final-stages-of-development/1100-6494966/

So in other words... supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is in the final stages of development and could be announced at any time.

I still have the first 2 games in my backlog. I guess it's good I bought them when I did... ?

Supposedly it will take place 'far in the future' after the events of XC2

Whether this is what Xenoblade fans want... remains to be seen I suppose

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I posted it in the Discord... but... take this however all of you want to...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/third-xenoblade-chronicles-game-reportedly-nearing-final-stages-of-development/1100-6494966/

So in other words... supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is in the final stages of development and could be announced at any time.

I still have the first 2 games in my backlog. I guess it's good I bought them when I did... ?

Supposedly it will take place 'far in the future' after the events of XC2

Whether this is what Xenoblade fans want... remains to be seen I suppose

I was waiting to see a Xenoblade announcement at E3 and was slightly disappointed when we didn't get anything about a new game in the series. I'm eager to get Xenoblade 3 even though I still haven't played the very first game. 
But what I'd really like to see is a sequel for Xenoblade X. It ended so mysteriously... but then again I'm not sure if I want them to explain the weirdness. I like it when games make you think about all kinds of possibilities of what really happened.

• Like 1

FINALLY. AT LONG LAST. THIS TOOK THEM WAY TOO GOD DAMN LONG.

On August 18th at 6 am PST and 9 am EST... There is going to be another Pokemon Presents for BDSP (Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl) and Legends Arceus.

I suppose you can't rule out them teasing/announcing something else as well (we all know Pokemon are trolls) but that's what was advertised. BDSP and Legends only.

I'm happy now so I guess that's all that matters. DEFINITELY looking forward to this and will DEFINITELY be watching it ?

• Like 2