Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

FINALLY. AT LONG LAST. THIS TOOK THEM WAY TOO GOD DAMN LONG.

On August 18th at 6 am PST and 9 am EST... There is going to be another Pokemon Presents for BDSP (Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl) and Legends Arceus.

I suppose you can't rule out them teasing/announcing something else as well (we all know Pokemon are trolls) but that's what was advertised. BDSP and Legends only.

I'm happy now so I guess that's all that matters. DEFINITELY looking forward to this and will DEFINITELY be watching it 1f60d.png

Sweet, I really want to see more about Legends Arceus. That’s the only Pokémon game I’m interested in at this time. I won’t be watching it live though because I’m gonna be sleeping in that day.

• Like 1

I'm more curious what's going to be added to the new games and if they'll do something interesting with them. Also, curious what will happen to the competitive part too as that's what I'll be playing Pokemon for.

I'll probably pre-order both games if I like what I see. I've been waiting for exactly this before deciding on whether or not to preorder.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I posted it in the Discord... but... take this however all of you want to...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/third-xenoblade-chronicles-game-reportedly-nearing-final-stages-of-development/1100-6494966/

So in other words... supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is in the final stages of development and could be announced at any time.

I still have the first 2 games in my backlog. I guess it's good I bought them when I did... 1f605.png

Supposedly it will take place 'far in the future' after the events of XC2

Whether this is what Xenoblade fans want... remains to be seen I suppose

I'm not sure Xenoblade fans have any consensus on what they want, like fans of many long-lived franchises. For example, some fans hate the anime style of XC2, and some like it. Maybe the devs should just make what they want to make and not listen to us too much.

Anyway, I've only played XC2, and a bit of XC1 and a few hours of XCX (I didn't like X). I still need to play through XC1 and XC2: Torna.

Going back to my earlier comments about Persona Q on 3DS, I am finally making daily progress again. I'm close to the end of the second dungeon now. I'm around level 20 with my main party. I don't think I'm very skilled at the game, but each run on a floor (I usually go to the point that I start running out of SP or having characters get knocked out, then I hightail it back to base with a Goro-M) is profitable, at least. I always play this kind of game with one main party and neglect everyone else. Hopefully that won't be a problem...

I have Persona Q2 in my backlog, ready to play eventually also.

On the Switch, I'm playing Axiom Verge 2, which is great so far. Still early going though. I still have story expansions to finish in MUA3, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Mario+Rabbids. I'm bad at going back to games and playing story DLC after I've been done with the game. See my mention of XC2: Torna above. I'm not sure if I'll manage to finish them all.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 4

I finished my Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Ilusive Age playthrough, I defeated the real final boss and completed pretty much everything the game has to offer, although I didn't bother with the 2d stuff, I found it pretty tedious to be honest, but still, it's a nice touch for the original fans.

I got the game on release since it was supposed to be a Switch exclusive, but then it got ported to ps4.

I took a look at the trophy list and I would've loved to get the platinum trophy, sure, but still, I had a blast playing this on my Switch, you can never go wrong with a game in this series :D

Also, the remake of Dragon Quest 3 looks amazing, hopefully it gets released on every platform.

• Like 3

Overall, I enjoyed the pokemon presents. BDSP look a lot more crisp than they did a few months ago when announced and I'm not going to lie, that Arceus gameplay looked pretty epic.

I still wonder how the story is going to work and worry about the repetitiveness of it if it's just "catch pokemon" without any trainers, rivals, etc. The previous games always had a focus on catching, raising, and battling gyms, but the focus of this one just seems to be catching, exploring, and researching. I'm just not sure how it'll hold up without a clear goal in mind. Probably just something we'll have to wait and see.

There's probably more of a a story to it with a clear goal in mind other than doing missions (with Arceus in mind), maybe related to the beserk pokemon in the wild, idk. Still, lots to be excited about there. Looks extremely promising for Pokemon's first open world and definitely welcome the change of pace.

The only disappointing part for me was the fact that the competitive battles is staying with SW/SH which means that these games will break the record for the longest time a pokemon game will hold the competitive aspect which is troubling because it'll likely get stale and boring without any new content and will die off with the new games.

However, that's a big caveat: without any new content. The fact that Arceus and BDSP are getting compatibility to pokemon home means we might see sinnoh pokemon in SW/SH, and if that's the case, I'm all for this.

The online setup is great in these games and bringing brand new pokemon into the older games will bring a lot of hype to all 3 games and keep people interested in all 3.

Lots of "ifs" there, but if that happens, brilliant move by GF and the pokemon company. If not, SH/SW will likely fall off the map by January of 2022 and will kill competitive Pokemon which I enjoy a lot.

Anyways, those are my complete thoughts on all of this. Hope to see a bit more before November.

• Like 2

My hype for both games went through the roof after today's presentation, ngl. I wasn't overly impressed with Arceus' first presentation but today's trailer blew me away. I reckon it will have some RPG mechanics we haven't seen in Pokémon yet, and overall it really feels like Pokémon: Breath of the Wild ?

BD/SP look as awesome as the originals (Sinnoh best region, btw). I'm definitely getting SP, as I had Pearl all those years ago.

HYPE!!!!

• Like 1

I had high hopes coming into today for Legends Arceus, and even then, I was still blown away by that part of the presentation. If this game is a preview of the future of the franchise, then at least for now, I have newfound faith in Game Freak. I never thought I’d say that after Sword and Shield... This is coming from someone who’s been playing Pokémon since Gen 1.

As far as BD/SP go, I was completely underwhelmed by that part of the presentation. Those games are looking to be what I thought they were, overpriced remakes for games that were originally $40 with absolutely nothing to justify the price jump to $60.

Edited by whodeygamer
  • Like 1

I was honestly just considering renting Shining Pearl through GameFly previously, but I'm probably going to pre-order it now thanks to what was shown off today. lmao

Still not overly fond of the character models, but the environments look a lot better, Pokémon can follow you again, the Grand Underground looks fantastic, etc.

Legends Arceus looks quite neat, and I like what they showed off for it today especially, but something still feels... off about it. (At least to me, anyways)

The game's world looks rather empty, so I think that I'll probably be renting that game initially as I don't feel inclined to drop a whopping $60 on it just yet. 

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

I'm still planning on getting the D/P remakes since I've never played the originals and Arceus looks pretty neat. 

Speaking of Pokemon, I got New Pokemon Snap and been enjoying it so far. It's really relaxing compared to the action games I've been playing recently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whodeygamer said:

As far as BD/SP go, I was completely underwhelmed by that part of the presentation. Those games are looking to be what I thought they were, overpriced remakes for games that were originally $40 with absolutely nothing to justify the price jump to $60.

I kind of feel the same. I decided I wouldn't preorder DP remakes because I still have my platinum version which is a much cheaper option if I want a breath of nostalgia. If they add Sinnoh Pokemon into SW/SH I'll probably grab it or if they lower the price to $45-50 I'll grab, but as of right now, I just don't think it's worth it imo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Who tweakin? I mean playing NMH3?

It was on my list, but I saw a trailer with more BS minigames and decided the first game (which I played through a few years ago) was enough for me. I like the rest of the NMH formula but I don't enjoy the filler (yes I know it's supposedly commentary on video gaming, but that doesn't make it fun).

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, mcnichoj said:

Who tweakin? I mean playing NMH3?

I was planning on getting the game for a while but after seeing the screenshots, I'll wait a bit. Huge fan of the series but NMHIII could've used a bit more polish.

That and I have a lot of games on my plate to finish. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

There's a rumor that Nintendo is adding Game Boy and Game Boy Color games to Nintendo Switch Online this September. Dunno if true or not.

Would be great if they did. I'd love to play Metriod Fusion and Zero Mission, Advance Wars 1&2, and the GBA Castlevania games in handheld mode.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, Alantor32 said:

There's a rumor that Nintendo is adding Game Boy and Game Boy Color games to Nintendo Switch Online this September. Dunno if true or not.

I doubt it. We heard the same rumor last December on several gaming websites and it turned out to be false. The rumors of Game Boy or Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance games coming to Switch Online have been circling around for over a year and seem largely based on the belief that the NES and Super NES Classics are "all played out". I'd like to see it myself but "gaming journalism" is a world of too much speculation and rumors and not enough facts for my taste.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

I doubt it. We heard the same rumor last December on several gaming websites and it turned out to be false. The rumors of Game Boy or Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance games coming to Switch Online have been circling around for over a year and seem largely based on the belief that the NES and Super NES Classics are "all played out". I'd like to see it myself but "gaming journalism" is a world of too much speculation and rumors and not enough facts for my taste.

How do you know it turned out to be false, though? Are you saying Bayonetta 3 is not real? ?

12 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

How do you know it turned out to be false, though? Are you saying Bayonetta 3 is not real? 1f61e.png

I didn't say anything about Bayonetta 3. I'm referring to this: back in December, several gaming websites claimed an announcement about Game Boy games coming to Switch Online was "a week away". Obviously, it didn't happen, at least not at that time. When I see something like that, it makes me "guarded" against rumors of similar kinds.

I want to make perfectly clear that I would like for this to happen. But I've seen enough false rumors in gaming "journalism" to last a lifetime.

Hey guys, i have the LRG No More Heroes Collectors Editions, but for anyone who missed out on the LRG release for No More Heroes and still wanted a physical,  Play-Asia has a double pack up for preorder

unknown.jpeg

61 Canadian. So approx. $30 each. Even cheaper in the states so ultimately not a bad deal.

https://www.play-asia.com/no-more-heroes-1-2-english/13/70evjt

• Like 2