Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

The Direct didn't really show much I cared about. Kirby and the Forgotten Land looked INCREDIBLE though and I'm definitely looking forward to it and am super hyped about it. It has the potential to be the best Kirby game ever made. IMO I guess.

The Mario movie...

Oh boy... don't get me started on that.

Most of the reactions to it have been generally negative. Or, at minimum, very confusing and seemingly unfitting. My reaction is practically the same as most other reactions have been.

This is going to end one of two ways. Hilariously bad but it doesn't matter because it's so bad it's funny or just plain terrible period.

16 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

The Direct didn't really show much I cared about. Kirby and the Forgotten Land looked INCREDIBLE though and I'm definitely looking forward to it and am super hyped about it. It has the potential to be the best Kirby game ever made. IMO I guess.

The Mario movie...

Oh boy... don't get me started on that.

Most of the reactions to it have been generally negative. Or, at minimum, very confusing and seemingly unfitting. My reaction is practically the same as most other reactions have been.

This is going to end one of two ways. Hilariously bad but it doesn't matter because it's so bad it's funny or just plain terrible period.

Dude... Metroid Dread? Bayonetta 3? Does that ring any bells? Plus the final Smash Bros DLC fighter?

• Like 1

The Nintendo Direct was pretty good, so hyped for many of the new games and announcements!

The games I am looking forward to the most are...

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The last Kirby game I have played was on the 64 so it's been a while since I have played a Kirby game and I feel like this is the best opportunity to get back into the series. Also while watching the stream, my sister couldn't help but joke that it reminded her of TLoU Kirby edition lol.

Mario Party Super Stars - Another series I last played on the 64 and also feels it's time to get back on it, plus I noticed I have been playing too many single player games as of late and really miss that quirky fun multiplayer experience Mario Party games offer.

Bayonetta 3 - Just seeing her come back made me so hype and acknowledged that I missed her. I decided to order the combo pack Switch game with Bayonetta 1&2 to relieve 1 again as it's been such a long time I played it on the PS3 as well as to finally play 2 and catch up.(honestly, by far the only witch I would let her punish me ?)

There was some hyped for the other announcements but it will still be awhile before we get them like Rune Factory 5 and Splatoon. Another direct I'm excited for is the Animal Crossing ones, I really hope we finally get updates like for the shops, more island project customizations, better crafting and such. I love Brewster but I hope he isn't the only addition as I would like gyroids introduced too!

On another note, I expanded my Switch physical collection with Final Fantasy 9, Dragon Quest 11 S, Bayonetta 1&2, and Atelier Dusk Trilogy DX ?

• Like 2

Well since everyone is posting their 'pipe dream' lists for the final Smash DLC character. Here's mine as well.

Consider this my 'final' post on here (probably anyway) about Smash since most of the DLC has been 'meh' for me besides Joker and I guess Sephiroth maybe (even though I never tried him out)

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
ANY Digimon (Digimon)
Klonoa (Klonoa)
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY)
Rindo (TWEWY2)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Spyro the Dragon (Spyro)

But let's be honest. It'll be another character I hate. Again.

Also they posted some new trailers for Pokemon BDSP and Legends yesterday.

The more I see Legends the more AMAZING it looks to me. ?

And no. I don't care at all about 'lore contradictions.' I care more about gameplay, graphics, and sometimes story.

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well since everyone is posting their 'pipe dream' lists for the final Smash DLC character. Here's mine as well.

Consider this my 'final' post on here (probably anyway) about Smash since most of the DLC has been 'meh' for me besides Joker and I guess Sephiroth maybe (even though I never tried him out)

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
ANY Digimon (Digimon)
Klonoa (Klonoa)
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY)
Rindo (TWEWY2)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Spyro the Dragon (Spyro)

But let's be honest. It'll be another character I hate. Again.

Also they posted some new trailers for Pokemon BDSP and Legends yesterday.

The more I see Legends the more AMAZING it looks to me. 1f60d.png

And no. I don't care at all about 'lore contradictions.' I care more about gameplay, graphics, and sometimes story.

Good news is apparently it's having it's own presentation because it's such a big character, and according to leakers, it's Sora. BUT, I'll believe it when I see it because all insiders/leakers were way off with Kazuya. Nobody saw that coming.

The more I see of Legends: Arceus, the more I want to play it. Kleavor looks super cool, and I'm glad they are showing other rivals too because I was worried that there would be little battling and more focused on capturing when I think a good mix of both would do wonders for the series. Otherwise, it's going to get repetitive... fast which is my only concern at this moment.

• Like 2

https://www.ign.com/articles/switch-pro-4k-dev-kits-news

nintendo sending 4k dev kits, and devs having 4k capable ready games in 2nd half of 2022 has me believing this half assed overpriced shit OLED switch was meant to also be 4K capable but probably some chip shortage affecting that so they said "fuck it, this is what we got" since they have nothing for holiday sales other than Metroid, Pokemon, and SMT.

• Like 2

You mean I actually got something I wanted for once in Smash?!

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

?

In all seriousness though... I figured they would end it with a bang and they certainly didn't disappoint lol

I guess I'm going back to Smash. At least for a little bit. If anyone wants to play... just let me know I guess. But I'm super bad so you will likely REK me. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Titan said:

Kind of sad that this is the final smash character announcement. This might be the last smash bros game. At least last one with Sakurai involved.

Even if it's the last one, I genuinely doubt this roster can ever be topped. It's the ultimate smash bros for a reason.

• Like 2

Sora is really cool as an addition, but I think I'm going to pass on getting him for now (along with the rest of the second fighter pass). I have Metroid Dread coming next week in the mail, which should keep me busy until SMTV, which will keep me busy until Christmas (where I'll get a few more games) which will keep my busy until Legends Arceus.

Hard to see where I find time to play Ultimate with so many games on the way. Especially when my internet is as bad as it is right now and fighting games (and any action game really) are just about impossible to play with the lag online.

• Like 2

It's really nice they went through the effort to add the most requested fighter as the last one for Smash Bros. Getting into an agreement when licensing other companies' characters probably isn't easy. Official Doom Twitter account's reaction to the Doomguy Mii fighter costume was funny (if you happen to know the Doomguy + Isabelle BFF memes from last year): 

I recently completed all the character routes of Café Enchanté. Took me 55 hours - there was more content than I had anticipated. Enjoyed my time with the game.

Now I'm trying to finish or at least advance Monster Hunter Stories 2 (I'm something like 40 hours in) before I pick up Metroid Dread on Friday. 

I also bought Star Ocean: First Departure R from eShop sale and hoping to find time to play that soon. I just wonder when that time will come as Microsoft keeps shoving games into my face through Game Pass with the latest must-play addition being Scarlet Nexus and tomorrow The Procession to Calvary. I've also had 7th Dragon III Code: VFD cartridge in my 3DS for a month or so, ready to be played, but haven't had time to start that one either. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Just picked up Metroid Dread Special Edition and the box was really massive in size compared to my expectation. I was also wondering why it was so heavy, felt like it was nearly 2 kgs. At home I found out why - the artbook I had thought to be quite small and softcover was actually as large as the collector box and a hardcover! I'm really happy about that. When I opened the box it really looked like a premium product with a nice aesthetic. I appreciate how Nintendo puts effort into designing these. 1f60d.png

Does the art book have anything that's overly spoilery or not really? I'm trying my hardest to avoid spoilers, though I did get a glimpse of one earlier, much to my annoyance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Does the art book have anything that's overly spoilery or not really? I'm trying my hardest to avoid spoilers, though I did get a glimpse of one earlier, much to my annoyance. 

I actually didn't open the book from its shrink wrap yet. It was so dark today and I'm hoping to have better lighting to take photos of it tomorrow. I don't know if there are spoilers but quite often concept art has them in some form, like showing the design for final boss or something.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I actually didn't open the book from its shrink wrap yet. It was so dark today and I'm hoping to have better lighting to take photos of it tomorrow. I don't know if there are spoilers but quite often concept art has them in some form, like showing the design for final boss or something.

Then I’ll check it after I finish just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Just picked up Metroid Dread Special Edition and the box was really massive in size compared to my expectation. I was also wondering why it was so heavy, felt like it was nearly 2 kgs. At home I found out why - the artbook I had thought to be quite small and softcover was actually as large as the collector box and a hardcover! I'm really happy about that. When I opened the box it really looked like a premium product with a nice aesthetic. I appreciate how Nintendo puts effort into designing these. 1f60d.png

Mine is still in the mail until at least next week, but I also had it in my head that it was going to be a fairly small book - great to hear this! Hope you enjoy the game - I can't even describe how excited I am! ?

Edited by MrBenosaurus
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MrBenosaurus said:

Mine is still in the mail until at least next week, but I also had it in my head that it was going to be a fairly small book - great to hear this! Hope you enjoy the game - I can't even describe how excited I am! 1f60a.png

I started playing Metroid Dread last night and cleared the first boss. Took me a few tries. Also died to E.M.M.I. many times. So far it seems Dread is more challenging than Samus Returns. Very fun and exciting game!

I also had a pre-order in for the Samus & E.M.M.I. amiibo pack but they were delayed in Europe, so I'll get them a bit later.

• Like 1

I made some good progress on Metroid Dread over the weekend and here are my overall thoughts..

+ The boss battles are absolutely amazing. I'm not a big fan of the QTEs in them, but they are all pretty epic, creative, and are challenging but not frustrating.

+ All of the power-ups are super cool. There hasn't been a single one that I haven't been giddy to use.

+ The map is pretty cool. I like the different environments, but it doesn't feel very cohesive. Still very pretty.

+ Overall moving around is fantastic. There's so much freedom of movement that were really lacking in older games.

- However, I'm not a big fan of the EMMI encounters. The AI is smart so that's not my issue; my problem with it is the one hit deaths. It's really frustrating when they just lurk around the exit you need, and you have to either have to sit there and eat gobs of health to sneak past or lure them away and wing it. It's not a big deal early on, but some of the EMMIs are just assholes towards the end to the point where I dread going through it (hence the name of the game?). 

Really, the EMMI encounters are my only real complaint. I feel like I have gathered a ton of "cheap" deaths and sometimes, it comes down to luck or forced trial and error with little flexibility. Kind of ironic that this was the selling point, and I find it the worst part of the game. xD

• Like 4