Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

On 3/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Found out the (2 weeks old) news about the 3DS closure. I needed more time because I bought it a year ago and don't have the funds to purchase any games. Oh well.

Just hack your 3DS. No reason to support Nintendo if they're not supporting the device.

• Like 4

I saw Advanced Wars 1+2 Reboot was delayed again indefinitely due to the current war in Ukraine. 

I was looking forward to playing it in 2022; I just hope it comes out this year.

I'm not really sure why they decided to delay it... Maybe the story hit too close to home with the current invasion or maybe they felt a bit tone deaf releasing a game like this during a war, but whatever their reasons may be, I just hope it doesn't get thrown into Nintendo purgatory. It was looking pretty slick.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Johnathan994 said:

Hey guys, as someone who has always played on playstation console when it come to home systems and on nintendo hardware when it came to hand held systems, would you recommend that I bought a switch lite? I would get it for the rpg's (mainly fire emblem) + bayonetta 2 and No more heroes? :D

Personally, I'd recommend the Switch OLED. The advantages of the OLED far outweigh the advantages of the Lite, in my opinion, and if you primarily plan on playing in handheld mode, you'll really appreciate the better display. 

Parker

• Like 2

I finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its DLC. See my newest/most recent post in Currently Playing thread for my full thoughts on it. Either way... it was just SO GOD DAMN good. It really was. Probably the best game I've played since Nier Automata (which won my personal GOTY last year so what does that tell you? lol). I'm legitimately unsure if I'll play anything else this year that will be as good as this game was. We'll see I guess.

I started Octopath Traveler last night as well. For some reason... I'm really concerned about this game. It might be because of difficulty. But I also keep getting this bad feeling with it too. I mean don't get me wrong obviously. I'm going to try. I'm just super concerned for some reason. So far... I'd say I'm doing better than when I played the demo... but I also got a Game Over during Ophellia's first boss. I feel like... that's a bad sign. ?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its DLC. See my newest/most recent post in Currently Playing thread for my full thoughts on it. Either way... it was just SO GOD DAMN good. It really was. Probably the best game I've played since Nier Automata (which won my personal GOTY last year so what does that tell you? lol). I'm legitimately unsure if I'll play anything else this year that will be as good as this game was. We'll see I guess.

I played XC2 when it first came out and loved it. I took a long break before playing Torna but I'm finally at the end I think. 

Spoiler

I'm about to face Malos in the Titan Interior. I'm at the fast travel point on a staircase where it looks like he's at the top of it. 

I think I did all the side quests. I had to use a YouTube guide for the final 4 green barrels I needed (interestingly enough they were like 5 minutes into the 20 minute video). I'm at community level 5 and the only person I'm missing to get the final level is the guy selling the Golden Monster locations. I'm at level 62 I think, and I don't feel like grinding up to face the GMs. I tried the lowest level one in the crater area and I get wiped pretty fast. I killed one of the Unique Monsters again (level 50 I think) and it didn't even give me 1 more level. So I'm discouraged from trying to grind enough, especially since the last GM is level 100. I think I'll just fight Malos and move on. 

I've tried to get into XCX at least twice and it just doesn't pull me in. I think it's too much of a "MMO lite" feel for me, and it's much clunkier than XC2. Hopefully I can get into XC1 though. 

I'm definitely looking forward to XC3. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

I finished XC2: Torna - The Golden Country. Of course it's shorter than the main game, but there's a lot of content packed into it. The number of side quests really made it feel almost like a full-length game (just with a shorter main plot).

I think I'll "switch" over to a PS4 JRPG or two (I just started Trails of Cold Steel 3 and ToCS4 is waiting too, plus I have Yakuza Like a Dragon and Lost Judgment to play as well) before I go back to the beginning and check out XC1 on Switch. And of course XC3 is coming in September, which will be here before we know it. Once again, my backlog grows... :)

• Like 3

That feeling when husband buys you expensive handmade chocolates on Women's Day when he could have bought a videogame.... :lol: At least they tasted really good! 

I started Triangle Strategy and like the demo suggested, there's a lot of dialogue. I've only had one battle so far but it seems like a really good game. I also downloaded Trials of Mana remake demo to see if it'd be a game worth picking up. 
Meanwhile on our "dock Switch" Pokémon Legends: Arceus weeps in a forgotten state... I started playing it on the launch weekend and had a lot of fun but I had to finish some other games I was playing. Then Triangle Strategy came out before I had time to get back to Pokémon. The release time was very unfortunate as there were too many games fighting for my attention. I truly live the hardest life.

• Like 2

I know it's been getting a lot of negative flak recently... but I'm officially playing Chocobo GP as well as a sort of 'side game' so to speak.

I mean I get it... it's not that I don't... but I'm having an extremely fun time playing it for the most part so I don't really care for the most part. I only put money on the game itself and I don't plan on putting anymore money into it. Even if that means no Cloud or Squall for me.

So all in all... I don't care and I'll just have fun with the game. If anyone wants to play in a lobby with me or whatever just find a way to contact me to try to set something up I guess.

• Like 2

According to Square Enix, Triangle Strategy has sold 800 000 copies in just two weeks. Quite good for a somewhat niche genre title released on one platform only! 

I haven't advanced far in the game yet. I think I'm in chapter 3 and there's been only two battles so far. While I'd like more frequent battles, I can't help but find the events and characters interesting. 

I gave the Trials of Mana remake demo a whirl on Switch too and it seems nice but I need to play a bit further to see if it really catches my attention. 

I finished Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer on 3DS a couple of days ago. I had gotten it at launch in 2015 and only now completed all the tasks for public facilities, resulting into seeing the end credits. I didn't even know it was possible to "beat" the game. I had played it for 101 hours according to Activity Log, mostly just designing homes for random villagers. 

It was a great game full of the usual Animal Crossing charm and humor. At times I was really proud of my creativity with the designs but I noticed I had a tendency to either overstuff the rooms with furniture or reuse my favorite furniture pieces in most home designs. I noticed the Happy Home Network (the in-game service where you can share your designs) is still active too with people uploading their designs there. 

Maybe I'll get the Happy Home Paradise expansion for New Horizons at some point when I feel like flexing my design muscles again. Of course the 3DS game still has tons of content too.

• Like 2

Finally beat Kirby Star Allies after stopping mid-way through the game. I got the game around launch back in 2018 and played it co-op with friends. Sadly, we couldn't beat it together and since Forgotten Land is around the corner, I finally got the motivation to finish it.

Overall, nice game but it's kind of boring when playing solo. The AI was dumb at times but I liked the new anility combination mechanic. 

Also, I've beat Super Mario World, Metroid Zero Mission, and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U. All of which were great games. Still hoping for GBA support on Switch. 

• Like 2

Nintendo better not treat Kirby's 30th anniversary like how they did Zelda's 35th, 'cause I need an HD collection of the three pre-Star Allies 2.5D games on the Switch pronto.

Seeing Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot in HD and running at 60fps on the Switch would be amazing, imo.

(That said, other games like Nightmare in Dream Land and the ones already featured in the Dream Collection for Kirby's 20th anniversary are also more than welcome)

They better not pull any ridiculous "limited time" shenanigans like they did with Super Mario 3D All-Stars either.

But Nintendo loves doing that anti-consumer Disney Vault garbage that even Disney themselves doesn't really do anymore, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that front. lol

I'm still holding out hope for a 3D Zelda collection regardless, even if it just ends up being ports of the two Wii U remasters. (As much as I want the two 3DS remakes as well)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

Needed to get some stuff on Amazon and is it me or are switch games more expensive? Octopath Travelers was $68 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was $70, but was on sale for $60. Wtf.

I went ahead and picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (because big hell no to an extra $10), but I think I'm going to try and find Octopath Travelers elsewhere. I could have swore I saw it for $50 when I first got a switch in 2018. It definitely wasn't $68. ?

• Like 2

Nintendo appears to have silently killed off the Wii Shop for good?

It currently only shows a blank page when launched, eventually followed by an error after a minute or two that implies that it's due to some kind of "wireless interference".

However, said error's description doesn't really seem applicable to what's happening right now, especially since it's reportedly been down for several days now.

This means that people cannot redownload any past purchases they have made.

It also means that - if this turns out to be intentional, and not just an outage of some kind - Nintendo went against their own word by not telling people ahead of time.

So, as usual, Nintendo's being massively anti-consumer. :/ (Assuming that this is a deliberate action on their part - which I wouldn't put past them -, but hopefully it isn't)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Nintendo appears to have silently killed off the Wii Shop for good?

It currently only shows a blank page when launched, eventually followed by an error after a minute or two that implies that it's due to some kind of "wireless interference".

However, said error's description doesn't really seem applicable to what's happening right now, especially since it's reportedly been down for several days now.

This means that people cannot redownload any past purchases they have made.

It also means that - if this turns out to be intentional, and not just an outage of some kind - Nintendo went against their own word by not telling people ahead of time.

So, as usual, Nintendo's being massively anti-consumer. :/ (Assuming that this is a deliberate action on their part - which I wouldn't put past them -, but hopefully it isn't)

Nintendo gave a notice about the Wii Shop Channel closure over a year beforehand. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27560/~/wii-shop-channel-discontinuation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Nintendo gave a notice about the Wii Shop Channel closure over a year beforehand. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27560/~/wii-shop-channel-discontinuation

I'm not talking about the closure of the Wii Shop itself as that happened back in 2019, I'm talking about them removing the ability to redownload things you've already paid for.

They never officially announced when they'd take that option away, but they did preface it with something along the lines of telling people beforehand.

Edit: Found what they said specifically in the article you linked; "We will announce specific details as that time approaches"

To my understanding they never said anything about this afterwards nor recently, and you require access to the Wii Shop to download past purchases.

The Wii Shop wasn't completely shut down in 2019 for this reason, merely stripped down with the options to add funds and purchase anything having been removed.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

I'm not talking about the closure of the Wii Shop itself as that happened back in 2019, I'm talking about them removing the ability to redownload things you've already paid for.

They never officially announced when they'd take that option away, but they did preface it with something along the lines of telling people beforehand.

Edit: Found what they said specifically in the article you linked; "We will announce specific details as that time approaches"

To my understanding they never said anything about this afterwards nor recently, and you require access to the Wii Shop to download past purchases.

The Wii Shop wasn't completely shut down in 2019 for this reason, merely stripped down with the options to add funds and purchase anything having been removed.

Well this sucks. I'm guessing the Wii U and 3DS are going out the same way a few years from now. There's still a bunch of games I'd love to get, but I don't think it's worth spending the money on their eShops. Which also sucks since DQVIII and Ever Oasis are still $40 each.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Oh, I see. Could be a temporary issue on the servers too. Let's hope it's back to normal soon. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Oh, I see. Could be a temporary issue on the servers too. Let's hope it's back to normal soon. :)

That's what I'm hoping as well. Apologies for not clarifying what I was talking about earlier, btw.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

Nintendo Switch now has folders!

And yet they don't appear to show up on the home menu itself, so I'm not particularly thrilled. Seems like another half a step taken by Nintendo after adding paid icons. :/

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

The new Groups feature is pretty nice. It's more like a taxonomy for the software than a folder since you can tag games in multiple groups. 

I could see this being useful for something like prioritizing titles in your backlog or grouping games by their genre. Whenever you feel like playing a shmup, a visual novel or a JRPG you can find them neatly in one place. 

I personally probably don't have much need for this feature (yet) but I made a few groups already (JRPG, Otome, Visual Novel) just to try it out. Then I noticed there's a big gaping hole in the Otome group because I only had 2 titles there.... I hope there's a sale in eShop soon.

• Like 2

Somewhere in the pile of games I'm going to try to start sometime after Elden Ring, I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.  I hope it'll be a good JRPG fix in this break I'm trying to spend away from Final Fantasy XIV lol.  People seem to like it.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2