Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

What the... Xenoblade 3 release has been changed to July 29th instead of September. Looks like I'm getting at least two games in July then, the other one being Live A Live.
I wonder what we'll be getting in the autumn then. Bayonetta 3? Or something completely new that we don't know about yet?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

What the... Xenoblade 3 release has been changed to July 29th instead of September. Looks like I'm getting at least two games in July then, the other one being Live A Live.
I wonder what we'll be getting in the autumn then. Bayonetta 3? Or something completely new that we don't know about yet?

I'm wondering when we are getting Splatoon 3... I was expecting a release date for it before Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I think they are definitely rearranging some releases for either more delays or mystery games. Crossing my fingers for the latter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm wondering when we are getting Splatoon 3... I was expecting a release date for it before Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I think they are definitely rearranging some releases for either more delays or mystery games. Crossing my fingers for the latter.

I think traditionally Splatoon has gotten a summer release. As early as in June perhaps? It would make sense to release it when people are on vacation to ensure good sales and easy matchmaking in the online modes. Then again we have seen very little of the game so I have no idea how far it is in development.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Hey so I don't have a Switch yet, but wanting to get one in the near future. But I have a question for Switch owners. Is it true that classic games on the Switch is basically a rental? 

Like do I have to subscribe to play old Genesis games?

Yes, however, genesis and n64 games are part of the more expensive tier of NSO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Hey so I don't have a Switch yet, but wanting to get one in the near future. But I have a question for Switch owners. Is it true that classic games on the Switch is basically a rental? 

Like do I have to subscribe to play old Genesis games?

Some Genesis games you can buy Columns I and II, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Gunstar Heroes, or you can buy the collection that's also available on PS and other platforms too. So there are options to own them.

As for N64 games, it's pretty much a rental service. There are a few N64 games available, but none of them are first party games (Doom 64, Shadow man, stuff already available on other consoles).

However, I wouldn't let that deter you from buying one unless you only want one to play 1 or 2 N64 games and don't care about other first party games exclusive to the switch.

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I think traditionally Splatoon has gotten a summer release. As early as in June perhaps? It would make sense to release it when people are on vacation to ensure good sales and easy matchmaking in the online modes. Then again we have seen very little of the game so I have no idea how far it is in development.

Yeah, that's the part that confuses me. We've barely seen anything of the game and have no release date yet. My thoughts are that we are getting a direct soon to show off the game or it's getting delayed. At this point, hard to really say. 

• Like 1

THERE IS NOW A REAL POSSIBILITY THAT DIGIMON SURVIVE AND XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 COMING OUT IN THE SAME MONTH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Well... it would have to be a worldwide release date and that's extremely unlikely. No chance in hell lol.

I'm... just saying though...

if they both come out in the same month... i might have to cry tears of joy in a corner

• Like 1

I finished chapter 1 and played a bit of chapter 2 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I just want to say this:

I love how Monolith Soft does storytelling and sets up their games. You see everything from the protagonist's perspective and are left in the dark, and are slowly spoonfed hints and backstory as you go. They do such a good job of world building and lore straight out of the gate that just keeps pulling you back to know what happens next.

I'm still a bit confused on how the combat is supposed to flow, how affinities work in this game, how special attacks function exactly, etc., but to me, this is the fun of tackling a new RPG. Such a drastic change from the original so far. It'll be interesting to see if I like this new system with drivers better than the original arts and special arts from XC1.

I think I know what I'll be playing this weekend! ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This weekend, I pretty much played mostly XC 2 and just got to the part where you meet Zeke for the first time and fight him... PLEASE tell me this dude eventually joins my party! This guy is great. Lmao. 

The characters in XC2 and Torna are great. I loved Zeke. I hope the XC1 characters are half as fun (I haven't played it yet and it looks like XC3 will likely be first for me; I preordered it on the eShop and I can't wait). 

I know some people didn't like the anime style of story and characters in XC2 but I enjoyed it a lot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The characters in XC2 and Torna are great. I loved Zeke. I hope the XC1 characters are half as fun (I haven't played it yet and it looks like XC3 will likely be first for me; I preordered it on the eShop and I can't wait). 

I know some people didn't like the anime style of story and characters in XC2 but I enjoyed it a lot. 

I think XC1 focuses more on each character's somewhat tragic backstories (Riki being the exception) and how they all want revenge in some way, shape, or form. It definitely has a bit of a different tone than the second one. The character development is definitely there, but I don't think they're as quirky as XC2.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Nice! Welcome to the Switch owners' club! Which model did you get?

Just the original Switch with the grey Joy Cons. I wanted the OLED, but I managed to get this one brand new for $180. Not going to be playing it handheld much anyways. 

• Like 2

I've played a LOT of Switch Sports since Friday evening.

I enjoy Bowling the most (I can't bowl in an actual bowling alley due to metal in my right arm and vein issues in my feet so I enjoy it this way). Some of the sports take an unusual approach, such as controlling both players on a Doubles Tennis team or a 4 v 4 Soccer match that combines buttons with motion controls and a ball as big as a Rocket League ball.

So far, I've qualified for Pro League in both Bowling and Volleyball in just 2 days. I'm excited to see how far I can go... so long as I remember to rest my arms when they are tired!

• Like 4

So they recently revealed the size of the Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak update.. It's a whooping 13GB, regardless of whether you purchase Sunbreak or not. Really not looking forward to this, I'm already getting kinda low on space on my SD card, and this will be the biggest game on it after Grandia Collection (which is about 8.5GB I think, digital).

I was planning to get the physical version of Sunbreak, but after learning it's just another physical copy of Rise with Sunbreak being a redeemable code, I cancelled my pre-order because there's no point in me having two copies of the base game. Still hoping they'll eventually release Sunbreak on a cart, but considering this is Capcom, it sadly seems unlikely.

I'm honestly not too enthused about Sunbreak anyway, so I'll likely wait and see if the expansion ever goes on sale. Rise has probably been the most disappointing mainline Monster Hunter I've played in a while, especially since World was tons of fun. It kinda feels like a step back from that in many ways. I'm definitely no MonHun veteran, but I've been a fan of the series since Tri on the Wii, which I remember buying and playing at launch kind of on a whim back in the day. Very glad I did, especially after passing over the PS2 and PSP MonHun games (still have Freedom Unite in my backlog though).

• Like 3

Been playing some Breath of the Wild...the main reason I got a Switch. Beautiful game, I have a long road ahead of me (I'm only at Kakariko Village), and I enjoy it. But I can see why people say the combat and stamina system can be annoying. 

• Like 2

On 01/05/2022 at 2:14 AM, Icebrand1270 said:

I've played a LOT of Switch Sports since Friday evening.

I enjoy Bowling the most (I can't bowl in an actual bowling alley due to metal in my right arm and vein issues in my feet so I enjoy it this way). Some of the sports take an unusual approach, such as controlling both players on a Doubles Tennis team or a 4 v 4 Soccer match that combines buttons with motion controls and a ball as big as a Rocket League ball.

So far, I've qualified for Pro League in both Bowling and Volleyball in just 2 days. I'm excited to see how far I can go... so long as I remember to rest my arms when they are tired!

Same here, recently got a switch with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Decided to get Switch sports to play with the missus and im already in pro league for Bowling, Tennis and Badminton (which is rediculous, the rallying lasts forever!) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Same here, recently got a switch with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Decided to get Switch sports to play with the missus and im already in pro league for Bowling, Tennis and Badminton (which is rediculous, the rallying lasts forever!) 

Enjoy your Switch! Since that post I'm now in Pro League for all 6 sports. You are right about Badminton. It seems that almost every rally ends with a Super Smash!

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, MercilessWaffle said:

So they recently revealed the size of the Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak update.. It's a whooping 13GB, regardless of whether you purchase Sunbreak or not.

All of that is to be expected if Iceborne is anything to go by, not to mention that - IIRC - the base game for Rise was already roughly 10GB.

Purchasing Sunbreak itself is irrelevant because some of the new additions and quality of life changes that will come with it will likely also be applied to the base game too.

That, and they need to keep the multiplayer consistent for everyone (i.e the armor people are wearing, weapons being used, etc.).

Personally super excited myself regardless despite some of the complaints I have with the base game.
Would've really liked Sunbreak on a cartridge, though, especially since I have so little space left on my Switch currently. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2