Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

The more and more I play XC2, the more likely I feel like I'm going to end up pre-ordering XC3. It's very rare for me to play games from the same series back to back to back, but I may make an exception here.

Other than the existence of living on titans and nippon, I'm not sure where or how XC2 connects to XC1. I guess the aegis and the monado are very similar so I'm guessing the connection relies there, but please don't spoil. Hoping to get an answer by the end of the game. Or maybe it'll all come together in XC3. Either way, excited to see what's coming next (currently in chapter 6). 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

I'm in chapter 15 in Triangle Strategy and wondered what real life country/nation Glenbrook represents. Some spoilerish content below. 

Spoiler

Hyzante is most likely a reference to Byzantine Empire, both having an impregnable wall and Aesfrost is apparently Sweden (Gustadolph = Gustavus Adolphus) with their cannon and modern warfare. The game somewhat refers to Thirty Years' War that Sweden was a part of. Any ideas what Glenbrook refers to?

It's been a good game so far but it has failed to grab me like Octopath Traveler did. I may be a bit tired of so many games having war as their setting (especially with today's situation here in Europe) and the game seems very serious most of the time. The voting system is quite an interesting idea, don't recall seeing anything like that in other games. I wonder how much the playthrough would change had I made different choices.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I'm in chapter 15 in Triangle Strategy and wondered what real life country/nation Glenbrook represents. Some spoilerish content below. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hyzante is most likely a reference to Byzantine Empire, both having an impregnable wall and Aesfrost is apparently Sweden (Gustadolph = Gustavus Adolphus) with their cannon and modern warfare. The game somewhat refers to Thirty Years' War that Sweden was a part of. Any ideas what Glenbrook refers to?

It's been a good game so far but it has failed to grab me like Octopath Traveler did. I may be a bit tired of so many games having war as their setting (especially with today's situation here in Europe) and the game seems very serious most of the time. The voting system is quite an interesting idea, don't recall seeing anything like that in other games. I wonder how much the playthrough would change had I made different choices.

The game was made with multiple playthroughs in mind since you actually won't get enough materials to upgrade all units in a single playthrough and certain paths lock you out of certain units. I found some choices do impact the story very differently but the end game is still the same

Edited by majob
  • Like 2

I got Dragon Quest Builders 2 on a recent sale and I have played far enough to get done with the first "major" area. I think this is the building game to finally hook me. Games like Minecraft are way too "open" for me, I need to be on rails a bit. Placing objects in DQB2 is a little slow with a controller (I can't help feeling a mouse and keyboard would be less tedious), but I'm not very creative and don't plan to build giant intricate buildings so it's only a minor annoyance.

Anyway, it has the charm of Dragon Quest (which I've only played XI and a bit of Heroes II, and I'm almost done with VIII I think) and just enough direction and plot to keep me engaged. I'm not creative enough to enjoy just being handed building tools and no goals to work towards.

• Like 2

Trying to find a good and comfortable protector case for my New Nintendo 3DS XL because I absolutely despise how slippery the glossy surface makes it feel.

I also get cramps in my hands easily from holding it, so both of these problems are making it hard to play anything on it. If anyone here has any suggestions, I'm all ears. lol

Would just buy a New Nintendo 2DS XL if I had the money, since it looks way more comfortable and I don't use the 3D feature anyways. lmao

Really glad that they stopped making their consoles and controllers excessively glossy after releasing the Switch, as I always hated it.

Not really Switch-related, although I assume it's fair to consider this an all-purpose Nintendo thread at this point? :P

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

@Zephrese yes its all purpose Nintendo thread basically. :P

as for the indie thing, once again nothing stood out to me. I might try that Lamb game.

But i read a report Nintendo is taking their next console very seriously. So i hope they just grow up and play with the parts that Sony and Xbox play with. 

Make a more realistic looking Zelda (E3 demo, Twilight), enough cartoon/cel shaded crap.

Yeah im a rare breed, although i will get BOTW Sequel, i don't like BOTW. Lack of story, dungeons (shrines all look the same), breakable weapons and armor, lack of classic Zelda enemy variety etc. 

But Nintendo next console should be a HOME console only. No 3hr battery hybrid crap with shitty joycons. If so, at least allow for easy battery removal and if we want a battery that can last 10+ hours, then let us get one(not sure one is even out).

Edited by Infected Elite
Edit: Galaxy 22 Ultra is way too sensative to touch and autocorrect
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

But Nintendo next console should be a HOME console only. No 3hr battery hybrid crap with shitty joycons. If so, at least allow for easy battery removal and if we want a battery that can last 10+ hours, then let us get one(not sure one is even out).

You do realize the whole reason the Switch has been such a monumental success is because it’s a hybrid console right? The fact that the switch has outsold the PS4’s lifetime sales in the US should show you people love and want the flexibility of being able to play either in handheld or on the TV. You’re in the minority in that regard, and that’s not going to change. Now the joycons on the other hand yes there’s plenty of ways those can be improved, and at least with the drift part need to be improved.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, whodeygamer said:

You do realize the whole reason the Switch has been such a monumental success is because it’s a hybrid console right?

Probably not really worth the effort of debating this with someone equating the power of a console with "maturity" (I mean no offense with this, btw, I just don't agree).

Not necessarily arguing against having a stronger and more "competent" piece of hardware myself, however, but that's besides the point.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, whodeygamer said:

You do realize the whole reason the Switch has been such a monumental success is because it’s a hybrid console right? The fact that the switch has outsold the PS4’s lifetime sales in the US should show you people love and want the flexibility of being able to play either in handheld or on the TV. You’re in the minority in that regard, and that’s not going to change. Now the joycons on the other hand yes there’s plenty of ways those can be improved, and at least with the drift part need to be improved.

i am aware it's hybrid. i own one. I don't give a shit about lifetime sales, once I own one i don't care who sells what. I have access to every exclusive. 

I may be in the minority but yeah 1080p docked is bullshit. 720p handheld is bullshit. Nintendo could have done better. Even their fucking OLED is 720p handheld with oh wait 4, maybe 5hr battery life. BIG improvement. Not.

They at the very least (should they still want their hybrid gimmick), have an OLED handheld with 1440p screen, and when Docked have 4K capabilities.

Definitely need to redesign the joycon parts at the bare minimum. there are videos of what causes some drift, and you can order better parts but it is what it is. I still support Nintendo despite not liking the switch. Their online is very minimal, and they haven't really done much to improve it. oh add N64 and Sega for outrageous pricing. My bad.

Still no Metroid Prime Trilogy port, No update on Prime 4, Bayonetta 3(supposedly coming 2022), nothing on a new DK entry or sequel to Mario Odyssey yet or just new Mario in general. They're too quiet.

@Zephrese no offense taken. Maturity of a console? i just think Nintendo needs to step into the 4k world and ditch some of this cel-shaded shit.

FTR my favorite switch exclusives: SMT V, Monster Hunter Rise, Mario Odyssey. I also own i think 48 games physical on switch. I just don't play them.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm on the same wavelength here. I don't give a shit as long as I can access both my physical and digital library on the next console. 

I would also like more power, but I think I also want to see them do more for their online services. Access to old libraries are great, but there's no easy invite system to games, no streaming options (I kind of understand why, but every other console does it), themes, friend system, VC, parties, messaging system etc.

I know that's not really Nintendo's thing, but I shouldn't have to send my friend a code via Discord to play Pokemon with them or go through the hassle of trying to find their private room on Monster Hunter Rise or Super Smash Bros in game to join them. A lot of small things like that could go a long way imo.

Nintendo's online services and the cosmetic features they're offering - or lack thereof - for the Switch itself are really lacking.
It's a tad depressing to admit that the 3DS (and with some things even the Wii U) handled certain elements better.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

go through the hassle of trying to find their private room on Monster Hunter Rise or Super Smash Bros in game to join them. A lot of small things like that could go a long way imo.

Omg yes. Like parties/groups on gaming platforms seems like its been around for ages. Nintendo still can't do that. Can't they just allow us to go make a group party on the home page, so when we launch a game with friends we are all readily in game. Literally, squadgoals lol

• Like 3

Got Rune Factory 4 Special on sale and I'm excited to play it once I have lots of free time in the summer. 

Also planning on playing Rayman Legends after putting it on hold forever; heard lots of great things about it during the Wii U days.

I do consider this thread as an all-things Nintendo discussion at this point, which is great since everything's in one place.

• Like 3

What comes to the Switch successor, I think and hope they will keep the hybrid form factor. I believe the versatility of the console is a huge factor in its success. I'm really into playing handheld but also play some games docked, so I'd welcome the option to choose my own play style in the future too. 
If I had to choose between a pure home console and a handheld console, I'd pick the handheld. That said, we just confirmed our Steam Deck order and I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like to play once it arrives.

9 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

Got Rune Factory 4 Special on sale and I'm excited to play it once I have lots of free time in the summer. 

Also planning on playing Rayman Legends after putting it on hold forever; heard lots of great things about it during the Wii U days.

I do consider this thread as an all-things Nintendo discussion at this point, which is great since everything's in one place.

Rune Factory 4 is a nice game. I played the original version on 3DS and enjoyed it quite a bit. The farming wasn't complicated and I recall it was pretty much an optional thing to do. I always favored going into dungeons and trying to tame monsters. The skill mechanic where your skill or ability improved when using it (like in Elder Scrolls and Fantasy Life) was pleasant.

• Like 3

New trailer for Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery. 

Release Date: 2022

Platform: Nintendo Switch,  PC

Rated: TBD (prob T)

early gameplay from 1y ago:

Gameplay seems so hit and miss. I may get this, if it isnt a full price game 

Speaking of, i really gotta start Triangle Strategy. Since PS is in a slow period for games..

@Beyondthegrave07 have you seen this yet? i feel like you'd be interested in this.

Edited by Infected Elite
added gameplay video.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

New trailer for Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery. 

Release Date: 2022

Platform: Nintendo Switch,  PC

Rated: TBD (prob T)

early gameplay from 1y ago:

gameplay seems so hit and miss. I may get this, if it isnt a full price game 

Speaking of, i really gotta start Triangle Strategy. Since PS is in a slow period for games..

@Beyondthegrave07 have you seen this yet? i feel like you'd be interested in this.

It's definitely up my alley. I'd want to see more gameplay though. I like tactical RPGs like that (advanced wars, Fire Emblem, etc.), but it's hard to judge without a demo or gameplay trailer explaining how it works.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's definitely up my alley. I'd want to see more gameplay though. I like tactical RPGs like that (advanced wars, Fire Emblem, etc.), but it's hard to judge without a demo or gameplay trailer explaining how it works.

Agreed, some of looks good but also low budget. Perhaps the style they were going for to begin with. Hopefully we hear more in an upcoming direct.

• Like 2

I got A Street Cat's Tale on Switch and recently bought some new JoyCons (blue and neon yellow) so I could play 2 player games. I thought it was cool my Switch knew what color they were when I paired them. I got white JoyCons with my Switch OLED. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I got A Street Cat's Tale on Switch and recently bought some new JoyCons (blue and neon yellow) so I could play 2 player games. I thought it was cool my Switch knew what color they were when I paired them. I got white JoyCons with my Switch OLED. 

Always good to have multiple Switch controllers. I have a regular Switch and 2 controllers plus a Pro Controller. The Switch knowing which controller is what color is cool AND creeps me out! But enough about that! One advantage to having multiple controllers, at least for me, is not having to "stop the party" to charge them so much!

(P.S. No "theories" here. Just creeped out because I'm 42 and remember gaming consoles in age before wifi.)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Always good to have multiple Switch controllers. I have a regular Switch and 2 controllers plus a Pro Controller. The Switch knowing which controller is what color is cool AND creeps me out! But enough about that! One advantage to having multiple controllers, at least for me, is not having to "stop the party" to charge them so much!

(P.S. No "theories" here. Just creeped out because I'm 42 and remember gaming consoles in age before wifi.)

I'm imagining someone painting their controllers just to be funny now. ?

I'm getting closer to the end of XC2, and I'm already trying to decide what to play next on it. Can't decide if I want to do a hard mode run of SMTV, try Earthbound, play Mario Galaxy, or maybe play some N64 games (like Kirby 64 which is coming next week). Probably going to just fill in the void with one of those until XC3 comes out. This will probably be the first time in a long long time I've played a whole series in a single year, especially a JRPG of all things. Series has quickly risen to one of my favorites in the Nintendo family.

Anyways, I'm open for suggestions if you have any opinions on games to play until XC3 comes out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyways, I'm open for suggestions if you have any opinions on games to play until XC3 comes out.

I say go with Mario Galaxy. I started playing it a few days ago... hadn't really planned on it, just started playing it on a whim and damn, I forgot just how damn good that game is. Hard to believe it's 15 years old.

It takes a little bit of time adjusting to using motion controls in the joycons or pro controller to move the cursor instead of the Wii remote, but once you get used to it I think it's actually easier than the Wii remote was.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Haven't had a need for it until just recently. 

Wait until you get to the point where it's good to have both multiple Switch controllers and multiple consoles... ? 

I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to quit a game I'm playing when it's time to have my daily Jump Rope Challenge and Fitness Boxing sessions. Another console makes life so much easier when playing multiple games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Wait until you get to the point where it's good to have both multiple Switch controllers and multiple consoles... 1f605.png 

I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to quit a game I'm playing when it's time to have my daily Jump Rope Challenge and Fitness Boxing sessions. Another console makes life so much easier when playing multiple games.

My sister lives like five minutes away and she's getting her kids a Switch for Christmas, so if I need another, can just go over there.

• Like 1