Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined releases June 24th on Switch. The sprite work looks rather impressive and the visuals and animation just ooze humorous charm. The shmup gameplay looks like a lot of fun too. I might pick this up at release.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 7:47 PM, Eyjabria said:

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined releases June 24th on Switch. The sprite work looks rather impressive and the visuals and animation just ooze humorous charm. The shmup gameplay looks like a lot of fun too. I might pick this up at release.

I've been confused about this forever, Surely Kiki KaiKai and Rocky Pocky are 2 different games right? I only played Kiki KaiKai in arcade and on PC engine (Still own the hucard). So Rocky and Pocky is a SFC port with pretty dramatic differences? This looks like Kiki Kaikai.

I love this game and must be old as I finished the Arcade version at an Ice skating rink in high school.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I've been confused about this forever, Surely Kiki KaiKai and Rocky Pocky are 2 different games right? I only played Kiki KaiKai in arcade and on PC engine (Still own the hucard). So Rocky and Pocky is a SFC port with pretty dramatic differences? This looks like Kiki Kaikai.

I love this game and must be old as I finished the Arcade version at an Ice skating rink in high school.

According to Wikipedia, Kiki KaiKai series is called Pocky & Rocky outside Japan so it's the same game series. 

"Kiki Kaikai (奇々怪界, lit. "Mysterious Ghost World") is a shoot 'em up video game developed and published by Taito for arcades in 1986. Set in Feudal Japan, the player assumes the role of a Shinto shrine maiden who must use her o-fuda scrolls and gohei wand to defeat renegade spirits and monsters from Japanese mythology. The game is noteworthy for using a traditional fantasy setting in a genre otherwise filled with science fiction motifs. 

The game received a number of home ports, both as a stand-alone title and as part of compilations. The original arcade game was only ever released in Japan, but a bootleg version called Knight Boy was released outside Japan. Kiki Kaikai was followed by a sequel for the Super NES in 1992 known as Pocky & Rocky outside Japan. The series, known as Kiki Kaikai in Japan and Pocky & Rocky outside Japan, has continued since then and includes several games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki_Kaikai

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 0:47 PM, Eyjabria said:

I've watched a few gameplay vids of the game and it looks really fun. The character sprites look colorful and neat too. 

Will pick it up after finishing some of my backlog games first.

• Like 2

https://www.fanbyte.com/news/the-wild-story-behind-nintendos-unannounced-1-2-switch-sequel/

According to this report, a sequel to 1-2 Switch exists, but Nintendo doesn't know what to do with it.

A short summary from Nibel on Twitter:

- more minigames

- smartphone games alá Jackbox with up to 100 players

- negative feedback from playtests

"But no one expected Everybody’s 1-2 Switch to test quite as badly as it did. Different trusted employees within Nintendo were raising alarms that the game released as-is would damage the company’s reputation as a great software developer." 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

According to Wikipedia, Kiki KaiKai series is called Pocky & Rocky outside Japan so it's the same game series. 

"Kiki Kaikai (奇々怪界, lit. "Mysterious Ghost World") is a shoot 'em up video game developed and published by Taito for arcades in 1986. Set in Feudal Japan, the player assumes the role of a Shinto shrine maiden who must use her o-fuda scrolls and gohei wand to defeat renegade spirits and monsters from Japanese mythology. The game is noteworthy for using a traditional fantasy setting in a genre otherwise filled with science fiction motifs. 

The game received a number of home ports, both as a stand-alone title and as part of compilations. The original arcade game was only ever released in Japan, but a bootleg version called Knight Boy was released outside Japan. Kiki Kaikai was followed by a sequel for the Super NES in 1992 known as Pocky & Rocky outside Japan. The series, known as Kiki Kaikai in Japan and Pocky & Rocky outside Japan, has continued since then and includes several games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki_Kaikai

So Rocky and Pocky is a sequel on SNES and still an amazingly fun game.

I remember finishing Kiki Kaikai thinking it was broken as the last map went forever with hardly any ghosts, this was well after 1986. We got allot of left over Japanese arcade machines here in Australia back then.

• Like 1

The Nintendo Direct date has been supposedly leaked by someone on Reddit. It doesn't leak the full Direct or what will be shown... just the date. If you want to know it badly enough... I'll list it in a spoiler. But obviously nothing is known until official confirmation so you can believe it or not. Up to you obviously.

Spoiler

It's June 15th 9 am PST/12 pm EST

• Like 2

I don't know who was present for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Special Edition yesterday... but holy shit that was one of the biggest shit shows I have ever seen in any sort of electronic preorder. 

unknown.png

I'm extremely grateful that I was successful in nabbing a preorder... but very few people were successful. It was such a fucking travesty. I can't believe Nintendo of America screwed up as bad as they did. Hoping that their next attempt will go over smoothly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

I don't know who was present for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Special Edition yesterday... but holy shit that was one of the biggest shit shows I have ever seen in any sort of electronic preorder. 

unknown.png

I'm extremely grateful that I was successful in nabbing a preorder... but very few people were successful. It was such a fucking travesty. I can't believe Nintendo of America screwed up as bad as they did. Hoping that their next attempt will go over smoothly.

Yeah, I thought about trying to grab one myself, but once I saw it was only available on the Nintendo store on their website, I decided it wasn't worth the pain and pre-ordered a regular copy.

I knew it wouldn't go well. Especially, when the only thing I ever saw related to XC3 the past month on YT comments were "Special Edition when?" xD

Congrats on the snag though!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I thought about trying to grab one myself, but once I saw it was only available on the Nintendo store on their website, I decided it wasn't worth the pain and pre-ordered a regular copy.

I knew it wouldn't go well. Especially, when the only thing I ever saw related to XC3 the past month on YT comments were "Special Edition when?" xD

Congrats on the snag though!

It was a literal nightmare. I knew it was going to be bad and took the day off, but holy shit. 10+ hours of the site being broken and under maintenance due to Nintendo of America underestimating fan interest in the special edition. I just don't understand how time and time again they struggle with this.

You're better off getting the standard version over dealing with that headache. I had to get it to complete my collection, since I have the other special editions.

• Like 2

Right so I now have a few more games with this Switch. I bought No More Heroes 1 and 2 so as to play on a regular controller, Skyward Sword which I'm finally enjoying, Xenoblade Definitive Edition though I played this on Wii anyway, Monster Hunter Rise (God it's ugly but fun), Breath of the wild that I owned back on release and of course SMT 5 has finally arrived, Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2 which finally has widescreen. Still waiting on Grandia HD as it's coming from Hong Kong.

I also hooked up a Mclassic that I've had sitting around to my HDMI switch box, So Switch games are now 1440P as well as VitaTv and PS3.

And check out these bad boys. Not that I ever play handheld but since Cruise Ship holidays are back I'm all set with the 2DS LL and Switch. These Hori split pads make a huge difference for me and yes I got the Pac Man version since it was the cheapest on Amazon here. I'm a pretty clean kind of guy and almost obsessive with clean hands, still those bright yellow sticks. But it was $40 cheaper then the other editions.

61SS8tfxTFL._AC_SL1252_.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Valyrious said:

I might get a limited edition if it's going to be available via my local game store. Even if that happens I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. 
I have the EU limited edition for XC2 and while the packaging is very high-end the artbook was pretty underwhelming - softcover and for some reason it was missing majority of the rare blades. I recall it also didn't have initial concept sketches for the characters that would have shown the design process. I assume the artbook contents for XC3 will be similar, the box in the images I've seen looks bad and the steelbook doesn't interest me. So most likely it will be just the regular physical copy of the game for me.

I was watching the Summer Game Fest broadcast yesterday and the biggest highlight for me was an indie game they showed after the main event. All those fancy big budget AAA games mostly made me yawn (all those superheroes with their underpants on top should maybe get some fashion advice) but when Time Flies appeared on the screen I immediately thought "What is this masterpiece?! When can I get it?!". 

• Like 1

There’s a rumor there will be a Nintendo Direct on June 29, but best not to believe it until there’s official confirmation. That being said, it’d be weird if we don’t get one at some point this month. 

https://nintendowire.com/news/2022/06/12/rumor-nintendo-direct-reportedly-to-air-june-29th/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

There’s a rumor there will be a Nintendo Direct on June 29, but best not to believe it until there’s official confirmation. That being said, it’d be weird if we don’t get one at some point this month. 

https://nintendowire.com/news/2022/06/12/rumor-nintendo-direct-reportedly-to-air-june-29th/

It'll happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I’m naturally skeptical of all insiders, no matter how accurate. Been disappointed by them one too many times. But if so, want to see Prime 4 and a new date for the Advance Wars remake. 

Prime 4 probably 2024. No idea why but yeah i feel they're struggling with controls. 

I just want Bayonetta 3 release date, and a Twilight Princess/Ocarina/Majora remaster OR a Link to the Past remake... Breath of the Wild 2 can kiss my ass.

Maybe a new Mario Odyssey or open world Donkey Kong. New Fire Emblem. Okay so there IS a bit id want but these are things I've wanted for awhile and hasn't happened. But most of all...

A NEW NINTENDO CONSOLE. Hybrid if they must, but a console. 4k capabilities, a downloadable shop that has 3DS games, Switch games, etc. But i doubt Nintendo announces a new console. Maybe reveal next year for release in 2024 as rumored.

If we only got Mario Rabbids 2 and Bayonetta 3 release dates ill be happy.

Worst thing is if P3,P4G,P5R end up on switch. Ill be pissed lol

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:26 PM, Eyjabria said:

I might get a limited edition if it's going to be available via my local game store. Even if that happens I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. 
I have the EU limited edition for XC2 and while the packaging is very high-end the artbook was pretty underwhelming - softcover and for some reason it was missing majority of the rare blades. I recall it also didn't have initial concept sketches for the characters that would have shown the design process. I assume the artbook contents for XC3 will be similar, the box in the images I've seen looks bad and the steelbook doesn't interest me. So most likely it will be just the regular physical copy of the game for me.

Unfortunately, it won't be. It's exclusive to the MyNintendo. I have no idea why Nintendo of America has against Xenoblade. It seems like they have a grudge against it or something. The artbook for NA is hardcover, so that's at least kinda nice. I mostly buy it for the steelbooks and the Special Edition box art to display anyway though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Unfortunately, it won't be. It's exclusive to the MyNintendo. I have no idea why Nintendo of America has against Xenoblade. It seems like they have a grudge against it or something. The artbook for NA is hardcover, so that's at least kinda nice. I mostly buy it for the steelbooks and the Special Edition box art to display anyway though.

A lot of collectors editions are becoming store only due to it either not selling well via preorders, or there being large overstock in warehouses that stores discount pretty quickly to free space on shelves. So companies often lost money on some collectors editions. By having them store only, the likelihood of there being an overabundance of them is slim as they probably settled on a limited amount and that's all there will be.

• Like 2

Capcom already had my money for Sunbreak, but now they have my soul. lmao

They could've stopped at adding a Frontier monster and Gore Magala, but they went way beyond even that.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

I found out Tokyo Mirage is on the Switch as an encore, Arrived today in the post. It was exactly $47 and I'm not sure if that's good. What I do know is I really enjoyed it on the Wii U but never finished it, I got about 5-6 hours until that stupid Wii U tablet decided to die.

• Like 1

Is there any way to demo/try Nintendo Switch Sports?

I'm kind of debating picking up a Switch OLED for myself, and give my regular Switch to my Dad.  He used to love Wii Sports and while Nintendo Switch Sports sounds like a little bit of a downgrade, I think he'd still have fun with it, maybe bowl a game or two in the morning or something, I'm sure he'd enjoy the golf when it comes out this fall.  Pretty low impact excuse to get up, move around a little, and maybe get the family together a little more often.

Reviews range anywhere from "this is a fun game for fans of Wii Sports old and new" to "this is the worst travesty to ever happen to the gaming industry because it's $10 more than I'm willing to pay for it".  Personally I'm just skeptical of the Switch's motion controls.  I'd like to be able to try it before I commit to this plan, but it's kinda looking like I'll have to buy it to do that.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I'm thinking on selling my low serial number switch and buying the Oled, I see there is quite the market for unpatched Switch's for obvious reason and mine is brand new out of the box. However I'm not much of a handheld kind of person.

And sorry I don't know much about the Sports package. 

I now have online with expansion as I had credit from my last switch.

• Like 1