Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Just got done playing the Sunbreak demo, below are my thoughts; 

Astalos is really pretty and fun - albeit chaotic - to fight, the Jungle locale looks breathtaking in HD, Malzeno's wonderfully terrifying to behold and whipped my ass hard. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

I bought Neon White on a whim after hearing about it and holy shit, this game is so fun. It's like a puzzle, platformer, FPS? It's pretty much about a group of people brought from hell to do God's dirty work and protect heaven from demons in a competition to be the best demon killer and be forgiven of sins.

The gameplay is wacky and the story and characters are all really cool. Only have about an hour into it, but I can already tell this is a keeper!

• Like 1

Xenoblade 2 was on special so I grabbed that, Another game I've played through emulation. I feel though I should start on definitive again and then 2 until even considering getting 3.

I'm using a 521gb SD card, it fills up quickly as  it was the only spare I had, idk how but already 100gb used.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Xenoblade 2 was on special so I grabbed that, Another game I've played through emulation. I feel though I should start on definitive again and then 2 until even considering getting 3.

I'm using a 521gb SD card, it fills up quickly as  it was the only spare I had, idk how but already 100gb used.

Do you only buy digital? I noticed that if you go physical, you can save a lot of space... At least it seems to be the case. I have a 125 GB card, and it's about half full and I have quite a few games.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 5:52 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Do you only buy digital? I noticed that if you go physical, you can save a lot of space... At least it seems to be the case. I have a 125 GB card, and it's about half full and I have quite a few games.

yeah physical uses up hardly any space. Just save data.

In other news... new fire emblem images leaked. PLEASE release Q1 2023.... i cant handle more big fall titles lol

• Like 4

On 6/17/2022 at 10:52 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

For the switch I bought quite a bit in the last sale however I am mainly a physical buyer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wonder if there will be a broader Nintendo Direct this month, too.

I'm quite confident that we will get a general Nintendo Direct later this month (perhaps on the 29th, as has been rumored for a bit now?).

If not, then I'd imagine that at the very least - and probably latest - we'd get one sometime next month.

Personally wondering if the "leaked" - likely mainline - Fire Emblem game will be announced during an approaching one regardless (assuming the recent leaks are real, that is).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

Wow. The callbacks to Xenogears and Xenosaga trilogy are immense. Takahashi really is doing his perfect works after all.
LOVING everything so far. But if they're this serious about recontextualizing XG and XS... I would REALLY appreciate remasters for those games. Now more than ever before.
That opening bit is textbook Testaments from Xenosaga. It couldn't be anymore obvious.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 4

What complete and utter BS. Sorry but this is just how I feel.

I don't know why Nintendo has this 'holier than thou' mentality and attitude that they don't have to do a regular Direct in June/E3 time when literally everyone else did one and they don't have to show things off when they really do.

But if they want to take the L to literally all other companies... their choice. I guess.

WTF seriously.

This is only further proof that E3 is ABSOLUTELY necessary and needed.

25 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

What? How is this "proof" of that at all? Nintendo hasn't physically been at E3 in years when it comes to their big presentations, as we've just had Directs.
Nintendo not having a general Direct this month also has likely nothing to do with there not being a digital E3 event this year either whatsoever.

Let's not forget that Sony hasn't done a presentation for their first-party lineup yet either, so it's not just Nintendo doing this. :/

I can understand being disappointed - I am myself -, but this is just such a blatant and massive overreaction.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

What? How is this "proof" of that at all? Nintendo hasn't physically been at E3 in years when it comes to their big presentations, as we've just had Directs.
Nintendo not having a general Direct this month also has likely nothing to do with there not being a digital E3 event this year either whatsoever.

Let's not forget that Sony hasn't done a presentation for their first-party lineup yet either, so it's not just Nintendo doing this. :/

Do you mean E3 as in the week long event with companies on the floor showing off their games or do you mean the one day given to a publisher to show-off some trailers before E3 starts?

The Pre-E3 show for Nintendo isn't at E3. However, before Covid Nintendo still had a physical presence on the E3 floor during the E3 week.

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Do you mean E3 as in the week long event with companies on the floor showing off their games or do you mean the one day given to a publisher to show-off some trailers before E3 starts?

The Pre-E3 show for Nintendo isn't at E3. However, before Covid Nintendo still had a physical presence on the E3 floor during the E3 week.

I'm talking about actual presentations featuring trailers, not stuff like having games available for people to play on the showfloor and other things of that nature.

Edited by Zephrese

2 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

I'm talking about actual presentations featuring trailers, not stuff like having games available for people to play on the showfloor and other things of that nature.

the presentations are pre-e3 events.

Edited by TJ_Solo

13 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Most people still refer to it all collectively as "E3".

that's nice. 
Question: If most people call a tail a leg, then how many legs does a dog have?

Answer: Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one even if you have many people committing the same mistake. 

6 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

that's nice. 
Question: If most people call a tail a leg, then how many legs does a dog have?

Answer: Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one even if you have many people committing the same mistake. 

k

Edited by Zephrese

50 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

What complete and utter BS. Sorry but this is just how I feel.

I don't know why Nintendo has this 'holier than thou' mentality and attitude that they don't have to do a regular Direct in June/E3 time when literally everyone else did one and they don't have to show things off when they really do.

But if they want to take the L to literally all other companies... their choice. I guess.

WTF seriously.

Or maybe, they just don't have anything new to show us right now? I guess 25 minutes of XC3 coverage last week wasn't enough for you?

Seems pretty obvious to me that Nintendo is being more careful about information on games due to the amount of delays and setbacks they've had the past year. 

I prefer the in-depth gameplay on upcoming games a month out vs a bunch of trailers for upcoming games in the next year, but then again, I've never been one to buy into hype. I'm more of the type who wants hard gameplay that will convince me to preorder.

I do think the lack of E3 takes pressure off of Nintendo to put out a full Direct so maybe if it was still around we would get something, but I don't think this necessarily brings off the attitude that, "We're better than everyone else so we don't need it." I think it's more, "We don't have anything substantial to show at the time, so let's wait for a better time." and no E3 pressure just makes that decision easier.

I do wonder what will be slotted for Q3 though. We have XC3 and Splatoon 3, but I wonder if they are sitting on something for August... My guess is either Advanced Wars or a port of another game, but we'll probably find out in a few weeks I guess.

There's plenty of leaks out there of a new Fire Emblem game and DK game, but I'm guessing those will be Q4 or next year Q1.

• Like 1

Rabbids sparks of hope Oct 20.

would like to see news on Bayonetta 3, a new DK or Mario game and a new Fire Emblem. 

i have 0 hope for Metroid Prime 4.

15 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I prefer the in-depth gameplay on upcoming games a month out vs a bunch of trailers for upcoming games in the next year, but then again, I've never been one to buy into hype. I'm more of the type who wants hard gameplay that will convince me to preorder.

There's plenty of leaks out there of a new Fire Emblem game and DK game, but I'm guessing those will be Q4 or next year Q1.

Agree. Honestly its almost how all games should be. Whether leaks reveal it or not, 4-8 months from release. Heres info, a trailer, 2mo later gameplay release date and it sticks. 

Absolutely tired of "HEY HERE'S METROID PRIME 4 5 YEARS EARLY AND WE SAY NOTHING CAUSE WE ARE NINTENDO AND WE ARE DUMB".

Honestly wanting a new ACTUAL Nintendo home console. Tired of experimental gimmick shit

• Like 1