Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

11 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

For the updated poll:

Favorite Nintendo exclusive on Switch?

Splatoon 2/3

Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3

Mario Odyssey

Metroid Dread

Fire Emblem 3 Houses

Legend of Zelda: Botw

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Pokemon: Legend Arceus 

Luigi's Mansion 3

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 

Mario Kart 8

Kirby: Forgotten land 

How many hours do you have in your most played game?

*Expand the current choices*

Which of these will you pre-order/purchase(d) day 1?

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Advanced Wars 1+2 Reboot

Bayonetta 3

Legend of Zelda: Botw 2

Splatoon 3

Metroid Prime 4

Mario+Rabbids 2

What Nintendo feature would you like to see come to NSO the most?

Customizable themes/wallpapers 

GB/GBA emulator

Game Cube emulator

Wii/Wii U emulator 

Extra store discounts on games

Monthly free eShop games 

More N64/NES/SNES/Genesis games

Thoughts on the above? Any additions? I miss anything? I'll likely update it next weekend so please let me know before then because I'm not going to change it for a while (it deletes ALL votes each time I edit it).

Great job Beyondthegrave with the list, I'd definitely nswer all of the above for the last question lol. (Also I kinda wish that the Switch eShop had music playing like the 3DS and Wii U)

I just beat Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition and it's one of the most fun platformers I've played in a while. The gameplay was easy to grasp and the level design always found ways to surprise you and keep you engaged. It strikes the right balance between easy and challenging, so anyone can pick it up and play.

Also, what do you guys recommend playing first? Kirby: Forgotten Land or Pokemon Legends Arceus? Can't decide which one to play first. 

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 3

The new poll preview looks good. The Switch Online improvements category piqued my interest. Although most of them sound interesting (with some more realistic than others), I think I'll vote for GameCube emulator first, and Wii/Wii U emulator second. I have a hacked Wii U and a hacked 3DS, and I'm perfectly happy to play GB/GBC/GBA games on the 3DS. The Wii U plays GC and Wii games perfectly of course, but having them on the go would be awesome. But that being said, I would still welcome a GB/GBC/GBA emulator on Switch too.

I started Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition on Switch recently. I'll finish that before I start XC3, although I'll keep my pre-order even if it takes me several months to get to it. I want this series to keep going (or lead to a spiritual successor series). I would like to see the Xenosaga series get remastered or re-made too. I tried to play the first one on a PS2 emulator (even PS3 doesn't have it for sale digitally, unfortunately) and it was a little too dated for me to get into. I definitely like modern conveniences in JRPGs, at least the more complex 3D ones. Strangely enough, I have started playing Dragon Quest IV on DS and I'm not finding it too dated, maybe because I already played VIII (the 3DS remaster) and XI and I can appreciate how the series has not evolved all that much. In other words, if you like XI it's fairly easy to get into the older ones. That said, I don't think I would enjoy the original NES entries. I'm going to try to play V DS, VI DS, and VII 3DS next. By then, surely XII will be out. ?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

Great job Beyondthegrave with the list, I'd definitely nswer all of the above for the last question lol. (Also I kinda wish that the Switch eShop had music playing like the 3DS and Wii U)

I just beat Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition and it's one of the most fun platformers I've played in a while. The gameplay was easy to grasp and the level design always found ways to surprise you and keep you engaged. It strikes the right balance between easy and challenging, so anyone can pick it up and play.

Also, what do you guys recommend playing first? Kirby: Forgotten Land or Pokemon Legends Arceus? Can't decide which one to play first. 

Legends Arceus will take a long time if you want the true ending so I would say Kirby. 

Also just beat Neon White and aced all the levels (100%ed the story essentially). Really fun puzzling out the game on how to optimize my route to beat the allotted times. I'll probably still pick it up now and then to speed run levels and may try out the level rushes. Overall, really enjoyed the game, loved the story, the characters, and the creative level designs... I just wish a lot of the backstory wasn't locked behind optional gifts. It made the ending much more satisfying having the full story.

• Like 2

Switch Pro rumors are making the rounds on social media again. The reason being is Nintendo has hidden several of their Switch related videos on YouTube. It’s been said by former employees the more likely reason is music rights expiring. In any event, it’s been rumored so many times that, if it ever is reality, nobody’s going to believe it. ;-)

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Switch Pro rumors are making the rounds on social media again. The reason being is Nintendo has hidden several of their Switch related videos on YouTube. It’s been said by former employees the more likely reason is music rights expiring. In any event, it’s been rumored so many times that, if it ever is reality, nobody’s going to believe it. ;-)

I don't know why they'd bother making a "Switch Pro" seeing what a commercial failure the Switch concept has been. Just like many people here predicted before the device launched "no one is going to buy Switch, LOL". ;)

But in all seriousness, I personally don't have a need for a new revised model at the moment. But if they happen to come up with a nice looking white special edition (OLED or some other improved model) with an Animal Crossing theme, I'll probably be forking my money over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Those are beautiful. I wish they would sell them separately.

God, for real. I'd love to buy the Switch itself, but I don't feel like forking out $350+ for one when I already have a Switch and still don't have a PS5. lol

• Like 1

Well, I spent 30 minutes setting up the new polls to only learn it didn't work because I needed to delete the entire poll and save (not just the questions), then create the new questions. 

I'll work on it tomorrow evening after work. Wanted to give everyone a heads up who is curious why the poll is nuked! ?

Looks like I can only fit 3 questions so I will do favorite Nintendo Exclusive, hours of your most played game, and most wanted feature for NSO. Hope everyone is fine with that! xD

Edit: POLL IS UP!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

I said there weren't many interesting games in the latest Nintendo Mini Direct but I ended up getting Little Noah: Scion of Paradise on PC. It's a really fun hack and slash roguelite with character designs from Akihiko Yoshida (Bravely, Final Fantasy, Nier series). I cleared the main story yesterday but there's still airship repairs to complete and Lilliputs to collect. I like how the game respects the player's time, offering quality of life features like teleporting to rooms you've been in. Here's a short gameplay clip I recorded the other day: 

I was surprised about how much I liked Little Noah. The price was really affordable too.

• Like 1

I guess I'll be the first one to vote in the new poll. I voted for the Xenoblade Chronicles games, but I honestly could have went Breath of the Wild or Fire Emblem 3 Houses too. It was a really hard choice, but Xenoblade Chronicles just hits differently for me.

My top played game is Pokemon Sword at 610 hours thanks to making competitive teams, shiny hunting, and playing online. I haven't picked it up in a while though. Second game is at like 150, lmao.

Lastly, I voted for more N64/NES/SNES games. Mostly because I hate the pace they are coming out at and don't want to be disappointed with another console while we still lack games like Super Mario RPG, Banjo Tooie, DK 64, 007 Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Bomberman, Killer Instinct, etc. There's just so much to be explored and I'd rather get those games quicker than move on to another console to dribble games out of.

• Like 1

July is going to be the death of my attempts to battle my backlog. First there was Steam Summer Sale where I got 4 games, today I got Chrono Trigger and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for Nintendo DS (both in excellent condition complete with manuals and all, been looking for those for quite some time) and later this month I'm getting Live A Live and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for Switch. And I have my eye on some older Nihon Falcom games for PC (Zwei, more Ys games). Luckily I'm on vacation and I've had a lot of time to play - I already finished four games during July! 

I'm really going to have to pick up the pace of completing stuff if I want to attain my goal of playing more games than I buy this year. 
I managed to skip some interesting releases like AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative and Pocky & Rocky Reshrined for now. I'm sure Nintendo has some surprises in their back pocket to foil my plans (Bayonetta 3, perhaps some other stuff they haven't announced yet, eShop Summer Sale, etc.). I guess I shouldn't complain that I have so much quality content available to choose from! 

I'm still playing Variable Barricade on Switch and I picked Ichiya's route as the first one to complete. I like the dynamic of the characters and they all have their own distinct personalities, the voice actors are great and the art is exquisite. The localization quality is good and there hasn't been many errors. The story is very slice-of-life kind, so there hasn't been many twists and turns yet. But I partially found out why Hibari's grandfather had picked the four questionable suitors (alleged marriage fraud, gambling addict, natural-born kept man, walking debt generator) as husband candidates. Looking forward to seeing where this goes and what the true meaning behind this arrangement is. 

I also bought Cupid Parasite (another comedy otome) from the latest eShop sale but my next otome is probably going to be the mafia themed Piofiore as I could go for something darker and more gruesome after the comedy fluff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

You know something big dropped when you get 4 notifications for the switch thread! xD

Good deal though! I was feeling that the Q3 lineup was looking pretty empty and October in particular was super bare bones, so great news to see this drop sooner than later. It won't be a Day 1 purchase for me, but it'll be on my radar for Christmas.

Now, if only we can get a release date for Advanced Wars or confirmation on Metroid Prime remastered for this year.

there was a rumor awhile ago Nov 18 for Prime, but seeing as thats Pokemon, i cant see Nintendo doing that. Unsure what they have for December unless Hogwarts is out then and they just rely on that plus pokemon for sales. Advanced Wars i thought was delayed to 2023 though?

I also really wish Nintendo would adopt SF formula for smash, and just release a smash ultimate super edition with every dlc character lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

No, nothing has been confirmed. Amazon and GameStop still show a date of 12/31/2022. Probably will be delayed until 2023, but nothing concrete from Nintendo.

i swear i saw an internal memo saying 3-31-2023. obvs meaning q1.

maybe i dream Nintendo haha

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I think it's safe to say now... that there won't be another 'normal' Nintendo Direct... until September 1f612.png

unless they want to announce a Metroid Prime 1 remake or something as rumored, they have no reason to.

2 Pokemon games, Mario Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3, and then the multiplatform games like Hogwarts Legacy and TMNT, Nintendo will be more than good this holiday 

• Like 3

Bayonetta 3, God of War: Ragnarök, and Pokémon: Scarlet/Violet all coming out within a month of one another has me screaming from excitement and my wallet from pain. lol

Either way it's great to see confirmation that Bayonetta 3 is in fact still coming out this year, and with a release month and day to boot no less.

Really excited to play it, and I'm super interested in what we've seen from the story so far (already have plenty of theories, even).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

i swear i saw an internal memo saying 3-31-2023. obvs meaning q1.

maybe i dream Nintendo haha

unless they want to announce a Metroid Prime 1 remake or something as rumored, they have no reason to.

2 Pokemon games, Mario Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3, and then the multiplatform games like Hogwarts Legacy and TMNT, Nintendo will be more than good this holiday 

I think we are more than good too.

Here's the exclusives left this year with release date months:

LiveAlive (July)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July)

Splatoon 3 (September)

Mario + Rabbids 2 (October)

Bayonetta 3 (October)

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet (November)

Nothing in August makes sense: XC3 at the end of July and Splatoon 3 at the beginning of September. However, I think there's room to squeeze in another game in September or maybe even early December. Typically, Nintendo doesn't release big games in December (usually November, which would be Pokemon), but Advanced Wars was originally supposed to be an early December release so we can't rule out a game entirely. Probably just wishful thinking on my end, haha 

In my case, XC3 and Splatoon 3 will probably keep me entertained until next Spring on switch alone so I already got my fill on games for this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they have one or two more tricks up their sleeves though. That's all I'm saying. :P

• Like 2