Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Recently downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo and loved it :D Especially liked the mode that kept switching between Tetris and Puyo gameplay - I also see still need some Puyo practise (planning for combos is somewhat harder than just making lines), anyway, looking forwards to this!

...Actually considering double-dipping for that one, on Switch and PS4 because I still want trophies but I also wanna support games like this on Switch ahaha

Edited by Zanreo

So, maybe just to throw this out there, but are there any audiophiles out there that have been rocking a decent set of headphones with the Switch?

I just tried out my Sennheiser 598 SE's with Zelda, and man, just hearing some the stuff I was missing out in the soundscape has been amazing (wind blowing past my ear, rustling of the grass, and other positional queues you would ordinarily miss with the Switch's tiny speakers). The Switch seems to supply enough power to get a decent volume out of it, too, which is fantastic. These are the same set of headphones I use for my One and PS4, and while I use a Mixamp for those which really drives them in ways I never could imagine, even just the basic set up of attaching the 3.5mm jack just to listen to the incredibly immersive world of Hyrule still yields fantastic results.

If you guys got about 150 dollars burning in your wallet, getting a decent pair of headphones is a pretty neat investment if you love your gadgets as much as I do.

10 minutes ago, iamjax said:

So, maybe just to throw this out there, but are there any audiophiles out there that have been rocking a decent set of headphones with the Switch?

I just tried out my Sennheiser 598 SE's with Zelda, and man, just hearing some the stuff I was missing out in the soundscape has been amazing (wind blowing past my ear, rustling of the grass, and other positional queues you would ordinarily miss with the Switch's tiny speakers). The Switch seems to supply enough power to get a decent volume out of it, too, which is fantastic. These are the same set of headphones I use for my One and PS4, and while I use a Mixamp for those which really drives them in ways I never could imagine, even just the basic set up of attaching the 3.5mm jack just to listen to the incredibly immersive world of Hyrule still yields fantastic results.

If you guys got about 150 dollars burning in your wallet, getting a decent pair of headphones is a pretty neat investment if you love your gadgets as much as I do.

I've been using my Sennheiser HD 202 headphone for everything I needed headphones/earduds for for years now (including Switch handheld mode when I can't just have the audio blasting around me because of other people), they're not a high end headphone but Sennheiser is a reliable company and these have always satisfied me. If I ever have some money to spare I will upgrade to a chordless headphone but until then, these get the job done.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Yay, by the end of the week we'll be playing Mario Kart! First big four player couch game I'll enjoy playing with the fellows, though we did already enjoy Snipperclips (it was over too soon, though).

21 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

home menu themes soon, plz.

I don't think Nintendo has ever done home menu themes, unless I missed something (never had the WiiU and haven't had a 3DS in years).

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I don't think Nintendo has ever done home menu themes, unless I missed something (never had the WiiU and haven't had a 3DS in years).

Sure they do. There are maybe hundred+ different ones available for 3DS. Along with customizable icons via free Badge Arcade crane game. I'm currently using a Splatoon home menu theme with Splatoon badges. My other favorite is an ACNL home menu theme that matches my 3DS XL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eyjabria said:

Sure they do. There are maybe hundred+ different ones available for 3DS. Along with customizable icons via free Badge Arcade crane game. I'm currently using a Splatoon home menu theme with Splatoon badges. My other favorite is an ACNL home menu theme that matches my 3DS XL. 

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.

I'm not really using the home menu a lot myself, don't know if I would actually use one.

Since 3DS apparently has themes and WiiU never got them, I'm tempted to make a joke about the Switch not getting them because that would be like admitting that the Switch is a handheld and Nintendo will never do that in the EU market :)

Seriously though, don't know if I already said this here but it's crazy how the Switch really is a handheld console that you can connect to the television while I (and many others) first expected a home console that you can play without a television.

So, anybody like Mario Kart enough that they've pre-ordered it three times, and will end up pre-ordering it a fourth time? ?

Explanation:

Spoiler

I pre-ordered it at the store I frequent the most, simply because I buy most of my stuff there, I like the store and they're reliable.

A rival store has the game for €55 instead of €60 though, so I figured I'd pre-order it there as well and just see if any of the two would sell it earlier than expected.

That rival store is near work and later on, I realised that the 27th is a national holiday for us (the king's birthday) and I've taken Friday off of work so I could have a very long weekend... Meaning that if said store does not start to sell the game today, I won't be near it again until Monday. This caused me to pre-order the game as well at another store in the rival chain closer to home (but nowhere near on the way to work, so that's why I didn't pre-order here at first).

Thanks to me having four days off of work, I have planned a lot of stuff like family coming over, another Star Wars tabletop session, and more so I'm kind of busy, and if the game will not be sold today (which is probable) then it will be a hassle for me to go to the stores on Friday or Saturday, meaning that if it's not being sold today then I will just pre-order the game digitally, so I can get a few hours of playtime in Friday morning before the commitments I've made for the afternoon start. ?

I've decided to hold off getting MK8D, at least for now, too many games to play atm and I've already played a ton of it on Wii U, might just wait for MK9 at this point tbh

On 27/04/2017 at 1:45 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Does anybody know anything about KAMIKO?

Just saw it appear in the eShop, I don't know what it is - it's only €5 and the screenshots make it look a bit like top-down Zelda games. The 'trailer' isn't really making things any clearer.

There's a few reviews here, from what I've read, seems fun but really short as expected with that price

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/kamiko

5 hours ago, blazeaire said:

I've decided to hold off getting MK8D, at least for now, too many games to play atm and I've already played a ton of it on Wii U, might just wait for MK9 at this point tbh

Download finished, only reason I'm not playing yet is because we start breakfast pretty soon B)

5 hours ago, blazeaire said:

There's a few reviews here, from what I've read, seems fun but really short as expected with that price

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/kamiko

Yeah I saw that page before I asked (that negative user review is new to me though), low number of reviews though so I was hoping some of you would have tried it.

IMG_20170428_124912_zpsl9drp7og.jpg

Anyone else pick it up? I loved the game on Wii U but playing it on the Switch with the Pro controller is so much better. My son turns 7 today so it is kind of a birthday present for him too, we're about to try multiplayer to see how that works, with any luck my wife will join us too. Of course, I get to use the Pro controller though. ?

Parker

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Parker said:

IMG_20170428_124912_zpsl9drp7og.jpg

Anyone else pick it up? I loved the game on Wii U but playing it on the Switch with the Pro controller is so much better. My son turns 7 today so it is kind of a birthday present for him too, we're about to try multiplayer to see how that works, with any luck my wife will join us too. Of course, I get to use the Pro controller though. 1f600.png

Parker

My copy doesn't ship until Wednesday.  I would go out and buy it but I get that 20% off from Amazon Prime so... I wait.  Enjoy.

Facts:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the first retail game I buy digitally at launch, or even the first retail game I buy digitally for the full price at all.
  2. I haven't even played it in television mode yet, been having a blast in handheld mode.

If you would have told me either fact two months ago, I would have laughed in your face. Hard.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:20 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I've been using my Sennheiser HD 202 headphone for everything I needed headphones/earduds for for years now (including Switch handheld mode when I can't just have the audio blasting around me because of other people), they're not a high end headphone but Sennheiser is a reliable company and these have always satisfied me. If I ever have some money to spare I will upgrade to a chordless headphone but until then, these get the job done.

I am not an audiophile at all, so take that as you will, but I love these Bluetooth LG headphones I've had since January: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FO0IHMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have only paired them with my Android tablet for TV/movie watching on my train commute, but presumably they would work with consoles that support Bluetooth headphones (for X1/PS4/Vita/3DS/Switch I use cheap-o wired earbuds... and I don't think I've tried headphones with the Switch yet). 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

So, after playing Mario Kart 8 for 3 hours straight, it's safe to say I missed out on a gem on Wii U. I still own Wii U MK8, but I got so distracted by everything else, that I just completely overlooked it. I'm using Link as my main, which is awesome, but I aim to 100% over the next few weeks since it's already starting to hook its talons in me.

I also picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris, but have only played it for a little bit but it seems awesome. Graceful Explosion Machine is also a great little shooter, with a sublime electronic soundtrack. So far, a very promising start for the Switch as long as you are also looking at smaller titles in between the big releases. A lot games can be had elsewhere, but some of these games just feel more at home on the Switch. Looking to add Wonderboy to my growing collection, but unless there is some catastrophic drop off in the quantity and quality of releases, it's looking like the Switch may easily surpass the number of games I own for the Wii and Wii U (a little over 20 for each).

31 minutes ago, iamjax said:

I'm using Link as my main, which is awesome

Oh, good point.

I am using Bowser. Have been mainly using Bowser since the SNES, it's my favourite character (surpriiiiise...). Only other character I have used with any kind of regularity is Yoshi. On Double Dash where you needed a second character, I used Bowser with Koopa Troopa or Koopa Paratroopa.

I'm using regular kart + offroad wheels + paraglider. I feel like having options like that are unnecessary, so I choose something at the start and I stick with it.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder for everyone: on (or close to) June 13, the new Nintendo Direct will be released. Seeing as Nintendo skips E3, this Direct will be the place to announce new titles for the Switch. Rumour has it that they'll talk about the Virtual Console, and that it might even be up and running before long.

I did a bunch of Mario Kart 4-player couch multiplayer the day after release, doing another day of multiplayer this weekend (combined with table games like Bang!, Catan and Dixit).

Edited by BillyHorrible

I wouldn't call it "skips E3" as much as "just not doing a live presentation" since they're still doing stuff for E3 but eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for games I'll most likely get puyotetris when I have money again next week :3

Edited by Zanreo

These are the games I have so far:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm ashamed to say this is only the second Zelda game I ever played ? The first one was Wind Waker on Wii U. While I thoroughly enjoyed Wind Waker, I absolutely LOVED BotW. With over 95 hours clocked in the game, it is certainly is in my top 10 greatest games of all time. I've completed all shrines and Divine Beasts and had planned on upgrading all my armour to the max and finding all Korok seeds (a big ask I know) but I was getting Playstation deprived and had to clear the game. I will go back to it once the DLC has been released.

Fast RMX. On paper, racing games are not my thing. I've never had any love for them. But my friend and I agreed to purchase games on launch day so we could try out the split screen on the Switch. He purchased Snipperclips and I purchased Fast RMX. Turns out I absolutely love this game even though it is a racer. I still haven't tried the online racing because the game can never connect to the internet for me.

Just Dance 2017. I purchased this game simply because I wanted to improve my fitness. But I am a lazy, fat bastard and the game is now sitting comfortably on a shelf after less than 5 hours gameplay.

Mario Kart Deluxe. As I've mentioned before, racers are not my thing, but Mario Kart has always had a certain charm to it that made it a must buy. I purchased the game on the Wii U but it never held my attention for very long. However, the Deluxe version has a battle mode and this is where I spend most of my time. There is nothing more satisfying than hitting an opponent with a perfectly timed bomb in "Bomb Blast". I've only clocked a few minutes in racing but a few hours in battle mode.

Binding of Isaac. I only ordered this off Amazon last week and it arrived yesterday. I haven't played it yet but it looks good. I ordered the edition with the European exclusive cover which looks fantastic. 

binding_of_isaac_switch_art.jpg