Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

5 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I think it's safe to say now... that there won't be another 'normal' Nintendo Direct... until September 1f612.png

Honestly, I think I'm fine with that now mainly for two reasons:

The games we have releasing from now up until the end of the year (Bayonetta 3, Pokémon: Scarlet/Violet, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, etc.)

A September Nintendo Direct would probably be pretty large in of itself, especially due to likely not getting one during the Summer like we usually would

There's also games coming out next year like the sequel to Breath of The Wild and others we likely - at least officially - don't know about we can probably expect to see.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think we are more than good too.

Here's the exclusives left this year with release date months:

LiveAlive (July)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July)

Splatoon 3 (September)

Mario + Rabbids 2 (October)

Bayonetta 3 (October)

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet (November)

Nothing in August makes sense: XC3 at the end of July and Splatoon 3 at the beginning of September. However, I think there's room to squeeze in another game in September or maybe even early December. Typically, Nintendo doesn't release big games in December (usually November, which would be Pokemon), but Advanced Wars was originally supposed to be an early December release so we can't rule out a game entirely. Probably just wishful thinking on my end, haha 

In my case, XC3 and Splatoon 3 will probably keep me entertained until next Spring on switch alone so I already got my fill on games for this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they have one or two more tricks up their sleeves though. That's all I'm saying. :P

ah yes i was just considering Q4. Forgot Splatoon 3. i cancelled my order. Will pick up at a discount probably. But super hyped for LiveALive and Xeno 3.

Also ok, Xeno 3 main character is a guy? i thought it was a girl lol. Noah?

In regards to Advanced Wars, apparently its ready but Nintendo wanted to redesign the cover to be more friendly, and were hoping to release after the Crisis in Ukraine/Russia settles down.... which looks like its honestly just beginning.... sooo I think they should just still release it. I mean, how many war games come out yearly anyways?

i want to believe they have a Prime remake coming but i refuse to acknowledge it lol. Less disappointment that way. What I do hope for 2023 from Nintendo other than BotW 2 (which im not even hyped about, ya. BotW sucks!), is a new Mario (Ody sequel?) OR a new open world Donkey Kong.....and....

A NEW DAMN CONSOLE 

On 03/07/2022 at 4:34 AM, NullRay85 said:

Also, what do you guys recommend playing first? Kirby: Forgotten Land or Pokemon Legends Arceus? Can't decide which one to play first. 

Kirby is definitely more easier. Id say rush that. Play Arceus between Sep/Oct to lead into ScarVio

• Like 3

I'm sure it's been said already and many people probably disagree and many people agree. I would probably play my Switch a little bit more if there's an achievement system like Xbox and Playstation. I play it a lot already so it's not like it would make much of difference but it's nice to see and i use it to judge my process in a game like a Xbox or PS Game.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rataclies said:

I'm sure it's been said already and many people probably disagree and many people agree. I would probably play my Switch a little bit more if there's an achievement system like Xbox and Playstation. I play it a lot already so it's not like it would make much of difference but it's nice to see and i use it to judge my process in a game like a Xbox or PS Game.  

It would be great tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Bayonetta 3, God of War: Ragnarök, and Pokémon: Scarlet/Violet all coming out within a month of one another has me screaming from excitement and my wallet from pain. lol

Don't forget Yomawari 3 that releases on the same day as Bayonetta 3! To be honest, I'm more excited about Yomawari than Bayo but most likely getting both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rataclies said:

I am the opposite. I play more games on switch because they don't have trophies. I am busy during most of the day and work and family so I really don't have time to play a game more hours than they require to finish the main story. I am currently playing Klonoa and Grow Song of Evertree on switch !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rataclies said:

Yeah. I'm new to Switch...but I definitely haven't played it as much as one would think when they have a new console to play. While I got it for the purpose of playing the first party Nintendo titles (I won't buy anything for Switch that I could play on PS5 instead), and I have enjoyed what I've played so far...I didn't quite know how affected by a lack of an achievement system I would be, until now. Like I might have a 2-3 days in a row where it's all about the Switch...but then I feel like I'm neglecting my trophies and my huge PlayStation backlog, and then don't play it for a week+ at a time. 

I knew there wasn't a system in place when I bought it, but I really thought I could turn that part of my brain off when it came to playing Nintendo games again...but it feels kind of directionless without them. Playing games and earning trophies just became how I game now, and it's been this way for over a decade...so trying to go "old school" and just playing a game for the experience is almost foreign to me now (and I've been gaming for over 30 years, so I was there before trophies too). But it's also big thing with trying to juggle two consoles now...I don't know how people do it so effortlessly (especially people that also have an Xbox on top of it), there's barely enough time to play everything I want to play on PlayStation. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Yeah. I'm new to Switch...but I definitely haven't played it as much as one would think when they have a new console to play. While I got it for the purpose of playing the first party Nintendo titles (I won't buy anything for Switch that I could play on PS5 instead), and I have enjoyed what I've played so far...I didn't quite know how affected by a lack of an achievement system I would be, until now. Like I might have a 2-3 days in a row where it's all about the Switch...but then I feel like I'm neglecting my trophies and my huge PlayStation backlog, and then don't play it for a week+ at a time. 

I knew there wasn't a system in place when I bought it, but I really thought I could turn that part of my brain off when it came to playing Nintendo games again...but it feels kind of directionless without them. Playing games and earning trophies just became how I game now, and it's been this way for over a decade...so trying to go "old school" and just playing a game for the experience is almost foreign to me now (and I've been gaming for over 30 years, so I was there before trophies too). But it's also big thing with trying to juggle two consoles now...I don't know how people do it so effortlessly (especially people that also have an Xbox on top of it), there's barely enough time to play everything I want to play on PlayStation. 

Yep, I have all 3 and a gaming PC with a RTX 3080 ti. Currently playing Tokyo Mirage on the Switch with no problem at all, Deep down though, I want the trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

But it's also big thing with trying to juggle two consoles now...I don't know how people do it so effortlessly (especially people that also have an Xbox on top of it), there's barely enough time to play everything I want to play on PlayStation. 

I'll let you in on the secret: we don't. I'm one of those people who drown in backlog and complain "why can't I hold all these games??!". 
I play on Switch, 3DS, Wii U, PC. I also have PS4, PS3 and Vita which I don't feel like playing on much these days - partially thanks to trophies that have soured my experience on many games. I'd actually like to finish some games on PS2 (Project Zero, Ōkami) but I'm too lazy to dig it out of the cupboard to test if it still works. 
Nintendo's consoles are my safe haven where I can play how I want without worrying about achievements.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Just picked up Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. Any tips or early game Pokémon to look out for?

I always thought sphinx and starly were good Pokemon towards the beginning. They both have the ability intimidate in their final evolution and cover each other's weaknesses well. 

The game is pretty easy overall, but the gyms do have neat strategies and the Pokemon hold items for a few surprises.

All I'll say is bring a team that can beat Cynthia's team in the final four. She has a lot of ice weaknesses on her team...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

Thanks @Beyondthegrave07 & @Infected Elite for recommending Kirby: Forgotten Land, will definitley play it after finishing up... Pokèmon: Legends Arceus lol. I've watched reviews of both and Arceus really caught my interest with the semi open world (it's an upgrade over the Wild Areas in Sword/Shield) and slight freedom in the gameplay with you finally moving the camera. 

Catching pokemon in each new area is addicting for some reason and while I'm not a huge fan of crafting mechnics in games, it's alright here. I hate fetch quests but the rewards are good enough to tolerate the huge abundance of them.

The story is even engaging for a pokemon game and the characters are likable too. So far I'm 25 hours in and been enjoying it more than Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

You know it's a good year when you're having a hard time keeping up with the newest releases and a backlog. 

If you are like me, and like to hunt shiny Pokemon, you may never finish it. Lol.

I have like 70 hours and I still haven't finished the Pokedex because I keep shiny hunting.

12 hours ago, Rataclies said:

I'm glad it doesn't have an achievement system tbh. It would just be way too much for me to hunt achievements on multiple systems. I use the switch to help break up the monotony of grinding and really helps me with trophy burnout. Maybe I'm just weird in that sense, but I think it's a good approach to take. 

Plus, no achievements allows me to choose the amount of time I want to spend on a game instead of the other way around.

Not saying I would hate the idea, but I definitely wouldn't pay too much attention to it if they made one. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Cynthia was such a tough one for me. Stupid Fire starter lol. 

I'm currently doing a nuzlocke (where you are limited on # of Pokemon and Pokemon "die" if they faint/ no black outs allowed) and I'm 7 badges in and have not lost a single Pokemon yet.

However, this matchup terrifies me. Her team is versatile enough to the point if I lose any Pokemon during my Elite 4 run, I could be screwed since I can't really just overpower her with 1 or 2 Pokemon to hit her with super effective attacks like other gym leaders. I'll need a good team with a lot of coverage to beat her. 

25 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm currently doing a nuzlocke (where you are limited on # of Pokemon and Pokemon "die" if they faint/ no black outs allowed) and I'm 7 badges in and have not lost a single Pokemon yet.

However, this matchup terrifies me. Her team is versatile enough to the point if I lose any Pokemon during my Elite 4 run, I could be screwed since I can't really just overpower her with 1 or 2 Pokemon to hit her with super effective attacks like other gym leaders. I'll need a good team with a lot of coverage to beat her. 

oh you brave brave soul. May be best to slowly invest in a backup team in case. Her Garchomp and Gastrodon were always hell. The speed Garchomp has is next to none.... Gastro is a damn bulletsponge. I think when i won, i don't even wanna know how many revives i used. I didn't have Palkia in my team either as i found PP very limited by that point. Infernape absolutely crapped the bed against her as well as well.... all her types have super effective to fire. I highly doubt ScarVio has any battles as tough as her. I hope they do though..Sword and Shield were way way too easy.

Who is your current team?

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

oh you brave brave soul. May be best to slowly invest in a backup team in case. Her Garchomp and Gastrodon were always hell. The speed Garchomp has is next to none.... Gastro is a damn bulletsponge. I think when i won, i don't even wanna know how many revives i used. I didn't have Palkia in my team either as i found PP very limited by that point. Infernape absolutely crapped the bed against her as well as well.... all her types have super effective to fire. I highly doubt ScarVio has any battles as tough as her. I hope they do though..Sword and Shield were way way too easy.

Who is your current team?

Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Roserade (Roselia currently), Gyrados, and Weavile (Sneasel currently). I will probably switch out infernape though due to coverage.

Currently, I really have used triple intimidate to get me through the game and avoided some bad crits which is why I haven't lost any Pokemon yet. My team is pretty weak against Flying/Fairy Pokemon (aka Togekiss) and I have no fairy Pokemon to take out Spiritomb atm. My team is also very physical so it's walled by defensive Pokemon like Gastrodon and Togekiss which would murder my Gyrados and Luxray. 

I think I should switch Infernape with Cleffa (Clefable), but ideally, I wish I had a steel Pokemon. That's really what I'm missing, but I'm running out of routes/chances.

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Roserade (Roselia currently), Gyrados, and Weavile (Sneasel currently). I will probably switch out infernape though due to coverage.

Currently, I really have used triple intimidate to get me through the game and avoided some bad crits which is why I haven't lost any Pokemon yet. My team is pretty weak against Flying/Fairy Pokemon (aka Togekiss) and I have no fairy Pokemon to take out Spiritomb atm. My team is also very physical so it's walled by defensive Pokemon like Gastrodon and Togekiss which would murder my Gyrados and Luxray. 

I think I should switch Infernape with Cleffa (Clefable), but ideally, I wish I had a steel Pokemon. That's really what I'm missing, but I'm running out of routes/chances.

yeah Infernape can be good depending on moves as a "i kill you, you kill me" type. Swift Punch(focus punch? i forget the name) was almost always my opening atk. 

Could you manage getting a Mamoswine? its ice abilities would help against hers, i believe it has high def. and then of course its ice would wipe Garchomp out. 

If Clefable is too hard to obtain, a solid backup could be Gardevoir as it can learn some fairy moves i believe. If you want a steel type, doesnt Steelix appear in Victory Road?

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah Infernape can be good depending on moves as a "i kill you, you kill me" type. Swift Punch(focus punch? i forget the name) was almost always my opening atk. 

Could you manage getting a Mamoswine? its ice abilities would help against hers, i believe it has high def. and then of course its ice would wipe Garchomp out. 

If Clefable is too hard to obtain, a solid backup could be Gardevoir as it can learn some fairy moves i believe. If you want a steel type, doesnt Steelix appear in Victory Road?

Victory Road might be my chance. I haven't had much luck with the Pokemon I ended up with (You get the first Pokemon you encounter from each route) as a lot of them have been water types, and I have very little variety to choose from. I have a few routes left so we'll see what happens. Still a bit miffed I got Mr. Mime heading to the final badge, smh...

33 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Victory Road might be my chance. I haven't had much luck with the Pokemon I ended up with (You get the first Pokemon you encounter from each route) as a lot of them have been water types, and I have very little variety to choose from. I have a few routes left so we'll see what happens. Still a bit miffed I got Mr. Mime heading to the final badge, smh...

Mr Mime is absolutely terrible imo....

how long have you been at this run?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Mr Mime is absolutely terrible imo....

how long have you been at this run?

A few months. I took a break to play some other games and thought I should try and complete my run before XC3 comes out because that and Splatoon 3 will probably be the only things I play on switch until the next Pokemon game is out. Haha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

A few months. I took a break to play some other games and thought I should try and complete my run before XC3 comes out because that and Splatoon 3 will probably be the only things I play on switch until the next Pokemon game is out. Haha.

Yeah Xenoblade 3 if 2 was anything to go by in length, ooo boy it's going to be a long one. You aren't getting LiveALive i take it?

• Like 2