Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah Xenoblade 3 if 2 was anything to go by in length, ooo boy it's going to be a long one. You aren't getting LiveALive i take it?

Not day 1. Will probably pick it up at some point. I'm not a big fan of buying games and letting it sit on the shelf for a year because that's probably what's going to happen 1 week later.

I heard that XC3's tutorial section of the game was 10 hours long... So I'm fully expecting to put 150+ into this one. I have 90 hours in the first game and 100 in the second one, but this one just feels much bigger. I definitely want to take my time with it to explore the world. Just talking about it makes me want to go exploring on XC1 and XC2 again. Can't wait to jump into this one!

• Like 1

I wonder if My Nintendo will ship out Xenoblade 3 copies for the launch of the game. I'm going to assume those of us that secured the Special Edition are going to be forced to wait.

No big deal either way, still playing through 2 right now and having a blast. Xeno series is quickly becoming my favourite of all time.

• Like 2

On 14/07/2022 at 5:05 AM, Rataclies said:

I'm sure it's been said already and many people probably disagree and many people agree. I would probably play my Switch a little bit more if there's an achievement system like Xbox and Playstation. I play it a lot already so it's not like it would make much of difference but it's nice to see and i use it to judge my process in a game like a Xbox or PS Game.  

Same. I like my switch but i like achievements as well. Would be nice to see the 2 mix. Just, if they do do achievements, don’t lock behind NSO.

EDIT: i put have for some reason instead of a second do ;-; i can’t make sentences lol

EDIT 2: i put dor instead of for in my edit. I really can’t make sentence’s ;-; 

Edited by serrated-banner9
Spelling error (again
  • Like 1

Yo peeps

I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Encore and past the point I'd made it on the Wii U version. This right here is an amazing JRPG and I'm sure all SMT fans would love. The key is to stick out the first few hours until you get side quests which bring allot more meaning to the game. I'm going for %100 regardless of no trophies but that's what I've always done pre trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yo peeps

I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Encore and past the point I'd made it on the Wii U version. This right here is an amazing JRPG and I'm sure all SMT fans would love. The key is to stick out the first few hours until you get side quests which bring allot more meaning to the game. I'm going for %100 regardless of no trophies but that's what I've always done pre trophies.

I have the original Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE on Wii U but haven't started it yet. I picked it up mostly because of the Fire Emblem content and the modern setting that looked different and interesting. Good to hear it's a solid game. I really should get to playing it soonish.

Just now, Eyjabria said:

I have the original Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE on Wii U but haven't started it yet. I picked it up mostly because of the Fire Emblem content and the modern setting that looked different and interesting. Good to hear it's a solid game. I really should get to playing it soonish.

I also Have it on Wii U but the tablet controller thing broke so I've not been on the Wii U for years. And frankly, it's those weird controllers that put me off consoles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I also Have it on Wii U but the tablet controller thing broke so I've not been on the Wii U for years. And frankly, it's those weird controllers that put me off consoles

Sorry to hear. I find the Wii U GamePad a comfy controller that has nice features packed in it. It's really handy as it offers a second screen for displaying a map or something. Loved how it's used in Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon and Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water for example.

8 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Sorry to hear. I find the Wii U GamePad a comfy controller that has nice features packed in it. It's really handy as it offers a second screen for displaying a map or something. Loved how it's used in Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon and Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water for example.

If I remember it doubled as a Cell Phone for Tokyo Mirage. There are a few Wii U and Wii games that would benefit a Switch release I think.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, ziggypossum said:

The witch is back!

Summon, slash and slay in style when Bayonetta 3 launches on Nintendo Switch October 28th!

B3eMqu1.jpeg

iM82KEX.jpeg

Holy molly ! The game is looking as hot as paradiso! and even that special edition doesn't look shabby at all! :D 

• Like 4

On 20.07.2022 at 4:31 PM, Rataclies said:

The pre-orders for the Trinity edition got sold out so fast. I didn't get one. See you next Tuesday!!!! 

I'll try to grab a copy from Play Asia

Pre-orders opening soon

Bayonetta 3 [Trinity Masquerade Limited Edition] 

US https://www.play-asia.com/bayonetta-3-trinity-masquerade-limited-edition/13/70fl3r

EU https://www.play-asia.com/bayonetta-3-trinity-masquerade-limited-edition/13/70fl3l

• Like 2

Reminder... Live A Live comes out tomorrow.

Yes it's a 2D game but it's technically an HD-2D game (like Octopath Traveler). Except... it's better than that game. Much better IMO (from what I experienced in the demo at least).

Despite all of this... it still deserves to receive as much support as possible.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Yes it's a 2D game but it's technically an HD-2D game (like Octopath Traveler). Except... it's better than that game. Much better IMO (from what I experienced in the demo at least).

Despite all of this... it still deserves to receive as much support as possible.

I'm picking up my copy of Live A Live at a local retailer today. Octopath Traveler is my favorite game on Switch so don't get my hopes up! I read some reviews for Live A Live and it seems the story structure is similar to Octopath (separate stories that are weaved together in the end) which sounds very good. What I really liked in Octopath was the characters that were your regular everyday people instead of the usual clichéd royalties or something. Live A Live seems similar in that aspect as well. 

I hope I can enjoy the game as I just finished the fantastic time travelling themed classic Chrono Trigger on 3DS a couple of days ago.

Other news from Switch front: I finished Ichiya's route in Variable Barricade and now playing the after story part. The last stretch of his route ramped up the action and I was pleased with the comedy that was mixed to the dramatic events. Looking forward to playing the other suitors' routes. Such a beautiful game. I mean just look at these screenshots. 

b5dd090311cd42592c95cc6b12085736e89913a3.jpg16b0c640e2f5c1d84f27ae8a2ea785f6ccf1d44a.jpga2526d546834deb920b76e8bd460c186d4915dc0.jpgbecb75f887b686ce2bd621a85121c833577a2047.jpg

In other Switch news I have a pre-order in for the Bayonetta 3 limited edition and going to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles 3 soon.

I also picked up a game I just discovered on 3DS. I had seen it on sale many times but dismissed it as one of the crappy shovelware titles without even looking at it past its title icon. Now I realized Sadame is actually a pretty interesting looking Diablo-like hack and slash title with gorgeous pixel visuals. I feel this may be a hidden gem.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'll pick it up at some point, but unfortunately, it just had to come out around the same time as XC3... xD I enjoyed the demo though, but not to the point where I have to play it now/purchase day 1.

• Like 1

Finished Live A Live on Saturday night...absolutely LOVED it. I played the fan-translated original somewhere around 12 years ago and the remaster not only did justice to what was already a fantastic game but went above and beyond to make everything even better and more fleshed out. I really hope Squenix considers porting more retro titles in this fashion, such as Chrono Trigger or Treasure of the Rudras. It's a damn shame that PlayStation missed out on this gem. Extremely hyped for Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D next, as it's arguably my favorite DQ game ever!

Here's my gameplay video of the final chapter in Live A Live:

Spoiler

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

I played the fan-translated original somewhere around 12 years ago and the remaster not only did justice to what was already a fantastic game but went above and beyond to make everything even better and more fleshed out. I really hope Squenix considers porting more retro titles in this fashion.

You might as well replay the fan translated original (which was fairly accurate) and compare the game side by side. Personally, I am not a fan of censorship and heavily rewritten dialogue. Hope they keep their dirty fingers away from porting more retro titles in this fashion.

• Like 2

All this Xeno talk and I haven't started Definitive edition, I've spent over 30 hours so far on Tokyo Mirage and next is Far Cry 6 or Stray or Vice Versa. I know how long the Wii Xeno game took and it takes some commitment so I will get to it.

• Like 1

Xenoblade 3 review embargo should be lifting in a few hours.

My official guess is an 88 on Opencritic/Metacritic. Part of me is praying that it hits 90+ and blows up in the same vein as Persona 5 did, but that seems like a herculean task when XCDE only got an 89. Considering that the original got a 92 and XCDE is superior in every way... it's probably borderline impossible for a Xenoblade game to hit the 90s in the modern age. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

My excitement is growing the more I sink time in Xenoblade 2.

By the way, I STRONGLY advise those who do look at reviews of games to completely ignore the comments section. Twitter, youtube, reddit, whatever. The rom leaked over the weekend and there are massive spoilers lurking. Just be mindful and don't let your experience be tarnished!

• Like 3

On 7/26/2022 at 2:28 AM, Valyrious said:

Xenoblade 3 review embargo should be lifting in a few hours.

My official guess is an 88 on Opencritic/Metacritic. Part of me is praying that it hits 90+ and blows up in the same vein as Persona 5 did, but that seems like a herculean task when XCDE only got an 89. Considering that the original got a 92 and XCDE is superior in every way... it's probably borderline impossible for a Xenoblade game to hit the 90s in the modern age. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

My excitement is growing the more I sink time in Xenoblade 2.

By the way, I STRONGLY advise those who do look at reviews of games to completely ignore the comments section. Twitter, youtube, reddit, whatever. The rom leaked over the weekend and there are massive spoilers lurking. Just be mindful and don't let your experience be tarnished!

My guess was it would get a 87 or 88, but my guess is it'll be just as good if not better than the others, easy. 

Just started playing it, and I'm already liking the vibe of live to fight, fight to live, but if I know Xenoblade, it'll get turned up on it's head by the end. Haha.

EDIT: There are Xenoblade Chronicles 3 avatars available for anyone who has NSO Expansion and rotate every week until September. They look pretty sick!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3