Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Bayonetta 3 Trinity Masquerade Edition available for preorder on Amazon and Walmart

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B784X5HB/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/1977787876

MCmTuSO.png

man lol i had these ordered asap :P can't wait for Bayonetta 3

On 26/07/2022 at 0:28 AM, Valyrious said:

Just be mindful and don't let your experience be tarnished!

Rise Tarnished..... oh wrong game ?

jokes aside, I'd like to point out that Xenoblade 3 is the first game ive seen ACG review where he absolutely loves it. Seems the only issues I'm finding seem to be across the board and that this pushes Nintendo Switch to the limit, so draw distance and just quality of some foliage is hit and miss. But again, nintendo is now a gen behind. 

I may be in a minority im not sure but i want Xenoblade Chronicles X to be ported. Apparently its hard to do. 

Anyways looking forward to starting 3.

• Like 4

Bought Wrestling Empire on Switch and holy hell man, I haven't had this much fun in a wrestling game in ages. I mean WWE 2K22 is solid, and hopping on an emulator to play some WCW/nWo Revenge or No Mercy is always a great time. But this game is something special for modern wrestling games. The graphics are terrible and the controls are a bit clunky...but the unabashed level of freedom and the zany craziness makes this game an absolute riot. On sale for $10 right now too.

I wish this was on PlayStation...perfect wrestling game to earn trophies in. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

So I kind of went completely ham with game purchases in July thanks to sales, new releases, 3DS & Wii U eShops closing, and other convenient excuses. Got 12 games and my backlog progress at this point is -3 which doesn't sound that good when my goal is to finish more games than I buy this year. Just 5 months left and there are still lurking dangers like eShop summer sale, Steam autumn sale and several new releases I want to get later this year. 

d4171d65149b297e5dc88e8578f5ce3fbfb2eaab.jpg

Got 3 games for Switch and while a lot of you are probably adventuring in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (how is it, btw?), I still have it sitting in my bookshelf while I immerse myself in the world of Golden Sun on Wii U Virtual Console (I'm really enjoying the vibe of Golden Sun and it has pretty interesting mechanics). Husbando bought Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for me as a gift as it was on sale on Switch and I've had it on my wishlist for ages. Didn't dare to start it yet in fear of getting helplessly addicted to it and dropping all the other games I'm playing.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

One way or another... we are about to find out if the 'leaks' were legit or not.

Considering the track record of one of the major leakers, I'd say that some of the leaks are legitimate.

The better question is what was lost in translation due to either a language barrier, or a misunderstanding on the leaker's behalf.

Either way believe what has been said, but now how it has been said.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Considering the track record of one of the major leakers, I'd say that some of the leaks are legitimate.

The better question is what was lost in translation due to either a language barrier, or a misunderstanding on the leaker's behalf.

Either way believe what has been said, but now how it has been said.

I think the most interesting things mentioned in all of the leaks were the new gimmick for this gen (giving non-STAB moves STAB boosts essentially) and if there's literally no scaling for gym battles, but can be done in any order. My guess though is that we aren't going to know the latter for a while though... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Switch worldwide sales top 111.08 million, Nintendo Switch Sports tops 4.84 million

Aug 3 2022

Switch-Sales_08-03-22-320x180.jpg

Nintendo Switch has sold 111.08 million units worldwide as of June 30, 2022, Nintendo announced in its latest earnings release.

A total of 3.43 million Switch hardware and 41.41 million software were sold during the three months ended June 30, 2022.

Nintendo also shared updated sales numbers for its first-party Switch titles.

The 10 best-selling first-party Switch titles are:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 46.82 million
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 39.38 million
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 28.82 million
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 27.14 million
  5. Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 24.50 million
  6. Super Mario Odyssey – 23.93 million
  7. Super Mario Party – 18.06 million
  8. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl – 14.79 million
  9. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.66 million
  10. Ring Fit Adventure – 14.54 million

Nintendo also announced the following additional sales numbers:

1. Nintendo Switch Sports – 4.84 million (New)
  2. Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 4.53 million
  3. Mario Strikers: Battle League – 1.91 million (New)

More than 863.59 million Switch games have been sold worldwide.

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-sold-111-million-units-to-date-four-games-sold-1-million-this-quarter/

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/220803_2e.pdf

I'm kind of surprised Pokemon BDSP are way up there and no sight of Legends Arceus in the top 10. I'll be honest... Wasn't expecting Ring fit adventure at #10. Haha. Would've guessed Legends Arceus, Splatoon 2, and eventually Kirby Forgotten Land and NS Sports would outsell it. 

I guess I just really underestimate the power of the fitness audience. 

Guess it doesn't matter; it'll be passed up by the next Pokemon game anyways and knocked out of the top 10. :P

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm kind of surprised Pokemon BDSP are way up there and no sight of Legends Arceus in the top 10. I'll be honest... Wasn't expecting Ring fit adventure at #10. Haha. Would've guessed Legends Arceus, Splatoon 2, and eventually Kirby Forgotten Land and NS Sports would outsell it. 

I guess I just really underestimate the power of the fitness audience. 

Guess it doesn't matter; it'll be passed up by the next Pokemon game anyways and knocked out of the top 10. :P

i am more amazed Pokemon Lets Go is in top 10. Kids i guess who cant comprehend the challenge from BD/SP ? lol

On 02/08/2022 at 0:07 AM, Eyjabria said:

So I kind of went completely ham with game purchases in July thanks to sales, new releases, 3DS & Wii U eShops closing, and other convenient excuses. Got 12 games and my backlog progress at this point is -3 which doesn't sound that good when my goal is to finish more games than I buy this year. Just 5 months left and there are still lurking dangers like eShop summer sale, Steam autumn sale and several new releases I want to get later this year. 

d4171d65149b297e5dc88e8578f5ce3fbfb2eaab.jpg

Got 3 games for Switch and while a lot of you are probably adventuring in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (how is it, btw?), I still have it sitting in my bookshelf while I immerse myself in the world of Golden Sun on Wii U Virtual Console (I'm really enjoying the vibe of Golden Sun and it has pretty interesting mechanics). Husbando bought Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for me as a gift as it was on sale on Switch and I've had it on my wishlist for ages. Didn't dare to start it yet in fear of getting helplessly addicted to it and dropping all the other games I'm playing.

Some nice grabs there. Ah i wish we had more Golden Sun games. At the very least, one for switch. 

Nintendo dropped the ball with their online and lack of purchasable classic games. No DS games, no 3DS, SNES/NES/SEGA/N64 are relegated to a half assed online subscription and lack a lot. Wish they just kept the virtual console. But at 5 and a half years into the Switch life.... i expect them to be preparing for the next console. Hopefully better.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i am more amazed Pokemon Lets Go is in top 10. Kids i guess who cant comprehend the challenge from BD/SP ? lol

Some nice grabs there. Ah i wish we had more Golden Sun games. At the very least, one for switch. 

Nintendo dropped the ball with their online and lack of purchasable classic games. No DS games, no 3DS, SNES/NES/SEGA/N64 are relegated to a half assed online subscription and lack a lot. Wish they just kept the virtual console. But at 5 and a half years into the Switch life.... i expect them to be preparing for the next console. Hopefully better.

The only reason why I'm not surprised about Let's go is because:

1. It was the first Pokemon game on switch so it probably got eaten up early on, regardless of it being more of a side game. It was also gen 1 and nostalgia sells.

2. I saw this list last year! xD

It does feel a bit off though, doesn't it? I mean 8, 9, and 10 are pretty close in sales, and it just befuddles me that they all outsold Legends Arceus. Especially, when you consider how much Twitter monsters and jackals were asking for a nontraditional Pokemon game. Lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Wasn't expecting Ring fit adventure at #10. Haha. Would've guessed Legends Arceus, Splatoon 2, and eventually Kirby Forgotten Land and NS Sports would outsell it. 

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It does feel a bit off though, doesn't it? I mean 8, 9, and 10 are pretty close in sales, and it just befuddles me that they all outsold Legends Arceus.

Ring Fit came out in 2019, and Arceus did in 2022. Yes, it launched this year, even though it's hard to believe now. ? Ring Fit spent 2.5 years more on the store shelves. Arceus is going to catch up next year probably (the game has sold 12.64 million copies as of this June according to Google). Unless a large number of potential buyers will just skip it and go for Scarlet and Violet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slava said:

Ring Fit came out in 2019, and Arceus did in 2022. Yes, it launched this year, even though it's hard to believe now. 1f601.png Ring Fit spent 2.5 years more on the store shelves. Arceus is going to catch up next year probably (the game has sold 12.64 million copies as of this June according to Google). Unless a large number of potential buyers will just skip it and go for Scarlet and Violet.

That part is true, but it wasn't released that much after Pokemon BDSP so I'm kind of using it as a barometer, but maybe that's not fair since BDSP got the Christmas sales. 

But yeah, I think it'll probably catch it, I just thought it'd be sooner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

I dunno about you guys, but I loved the Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Gonna get it soon.

I enjoyed it, although I kind of wish it had more in it considering the wait. Probably just - at least partially - the result of me being spoiled so much by leaks as of late, though. lol

Grusha and especially Arven are great new husbandos, ngl. ?

Already sick of hearing people complaining about how Koraidon moves around on land. Good lord do I hate this fanbase so much at times. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The only reason why I'm not surprised about Let's go is because:

1. It was the first Pokemon game on switch so it probably got eaten up early on, regardless of it being more of a side game. It was also gen 1 and nostalgia sells.

2. I saw this list last year! xD

It does feel a bit off though, doesn't it? I mean 8, 9, and 10 are pretty close in sales, and it just befuddles me that they all outsold Legends Arceus. Especially, when you consider how much Twitter monsters and jackals were asking for a nontraditional Pokemon game. Lol.

I feel Arceus had a niche audience despite selling well, but not well enough i suppose. Isn't Mario Kart the one game thats been at the top since the dawn of time? lmao. What sucks is by now, youd think Nintendo would perhaps charge $5 more for Joycons but have far more durable parts in them so drift doesn't occur. I find their products are the most faulty. Even the pro controller had a weird squeak in the joystick. No drift though. 

Wonder when we get a full dex reveal though. Id like to see the other legendary pocket monsters considering it seems we will get the bike ones automatically... similar to Eternatus in S/S. No matter what, you end up with it.

4 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

I dunno about you guys, but I loved the Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Gonna get it soon.

i saw a small highlight. I am already getting the dbl pack day 1 but ill see this direct later. I watched part of the trailer. VO doesnt bother me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Wonder when we get a full dex reveal though. Id like to see the other legendary pocket monsters considering it seems we will get the bike ones automatically... similar to Eternatus in S/S. No matter what, you end up with it.

Quite confident that you'll only be able to use the legendary dragons when riding on them at first.

However, towards the end of the game you'll be able to actually battle/catch them and use them in battle.

Unless it's like SW/SH where you won't be able to catch them until the post-game after dealing with the inevitable third main legendary that's the source of the new gimmick. 

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

I actually really like the new gimmick in Pokemon and it was pretty much what was already leaked except for the Pokemon change into that typing, not just get a type boosting. I think it'll lead into some fun strategies for the competitive side and keep it fresh.

However, PLEASE do not have Shedinja in this game or make it unable to change typing. A Shedinja with electric typing and air balloon will literally only be killable with weather. And that would be meta-defining for anyone who wants to play online competitively.

• Like 3

Well it's official everyone... the leaks were real lol.

It is what it is I suppose. Pokemon SV looks GREAT though and I'm looking forward to it now more than ever

One of the previous leaks even said that the school you go to in the game basically has a Persona school-like mechanic. Pokemon Persona? Take my money.

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

However, PLEASE do not have Shedinja in this game or make it unable to change typing. A Shedinja with electric typing and air balloon will literally only be killable with weather. And that would be meta-defining for anyone who wants to play online competitively.

Sorry but ANY pokemon can use it. According to the Presents itself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well it's official everyone... the leaks were real lol.

It is what it is I suppose. Pokemon SV looks GREAT though and I'm looking forward to it now more than ever

One of the previous leaks even said that the school you go to in the game basically has a Persona school-like mechanic. Pokemon Persona? Take my money.

Sorry but ANY pokemon can use it. According to the Presents itself.

Then #banshedinja. ? My guess is that it won't be allowed or won't be in the national Dex, but we'll see. There's also the chance wonder guard mechanics change to fit this format. Fingers crossed air balloon Shedinja doesn't ruin the competitive play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

I just dont get the gym thing, wasnt the leak if i wanted i could go to gym 4 or 8 first. Then do gym 1 last but levels would not scale? meaning if gym 8 is set as level 50 pkmn, id have to go @Beyondthegrave07 to win?

1f605.png

Reportedly Gyms do not scale correct

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Then #banshedinja. 1f602.png My guess is that it won't be allowed or won't be in the national Dex, but we'll see. There's also the chance wonder guard mechanics change to fit this format. Fingers crossed air balloon Shedinja doesn't ruin the competitive play.

I don't play competitive so it doesn't effect me but fair. I don't have all the answer though obviously. You'd have to ask the official competitive scene lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I prefer they dont lol. I like having a mostly set order. I think Gen 1 i often finished Sabrina before Erica and the ninja guy with Venemoth who's name i forget

There's rumors of no scaling, but keep in mind that they may have barriers to prevent you from overpowering your Pokemon like level caps or, the more likely case, Pokemon not listening to you at certain levels until you get X amount of badges.

Considering this is an open world game, I REALLY doubt they are going to put any barriers though. That would kind of defeat the purpose of being able to do as you please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

There's rumors of no scaling, but keep in mind that they may have barriers to prevent you from overpowering your Pokemon like level caps or, the more likely case, Pokemon not listening to you at certain levels until you get X amount of badges.

Didnt they have level barriers in Sun and Moon? like your exp. would diminish big time if you tried grinding. I remember always being neck and neck with opponents.

Considering this is an open world game, I REALLY doubt they are going to put any barriers though. That would kind of defeat the purpose of being able to do as you please.

True. I hope we can turn off the exp share if its there. I find it makes everything easy. 

I'm going to watch the poke news pretty quick..Hoping the new poke designs are good. Like the new new ones..Not Palaria versions or whatever the region is called.

Ah fall games going to come out swinging. Luckily pokemon has a relatively empty release window ahead of it aside from Hogwarts in Dec and Callisto. So there won't be any rushes to finish in a week. 

Definitely starting with Spriggy the cat. lol

EDIT: Watching the presentation, had no idea Chris Brown was involved with Pokemon.

EDIT 2: Larvitar chain is exclusive to Scarlet, Bagon chain is exclusive to Violet. Tyranatar > Salamence

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3