Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Didnt they have level barriers in Sun and Moon? like your exp. would diminish big time if you tried grinding. I remember always being neck and neck with opponents.

Idk, but I do like this idea as a concept. Definitely better than anything I mentioned. Lol.

The problem with SW/SH is that you could get from lvl 1-100 in a couple of hours. I kind of hope they don't have xp candy so abundant until the endgame, but I doubt it.

• Like 3

Square keeps pumping out games at a steady pace. Tactics Ogre: Reborn coming in November. I had a feeling we'd get this and possibly a remaster of Final Fantasy Tactics so I skipped a copy of FF Tactics A2 for Nintendo DS that was available at my local game store recently. 

• Like 3

Pokemon Arceus update: Almost at the end with over 222 Pokemon caught. Most of them are in the space-time distortions, which take ages to trigger. I've read that you need to sit idly for a few minutes for a chance of them to appear, but no luck so far. Took a break from the game and will get back to it soon.

I'm currently playing Neon White on PC. It's an FPS platformer with some Visual Novel segments and I've been enjoying it a lot. The music is one of my favorite parts of the game. It's available on Switch too but I chose the PC version because it's easier to aim with a mouse.

I'm also finishing up my PS3 backlog and will play Kirby: Forgotten Land sometime this month. Also thinking of buying the rest of the 3DS/Wii U eShop games while I can.

11 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Square keeps pumping out games at a steady pace. Tactics Ogre: Reborn coming in November. I had a feeling we'd get this and possibly a remaster of Final Fantasy Tactics so I skipped a copy of FF Tactics A2 for Nintendo DS that was available at my local game store recently. 

I'm not the best at strategy RPGs (barely got through Disgaea 4 and still struggling with Disgaea 1's endgame) but I read some great stuff about Tactics Ogre. Might get it on a sale in the future.

• Like 1

New information for Dragon Quest Treasures!

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/dragon-quest-treasures-preview

So can't wait for this game. Preorders have opened on Square Enix's site and Nintendo eShop, but will be coming to other retailers. Yes, I will preorder very soon!

https://press.na.square-enix.com/DRAGON-QUEST-TREASURES-PHYSICAL-PRE-ORDERS-AVAILABLE-STARTING-TODAY

And the box art...holy shit, it's beautiful! :holy: 

FZsNy8XUIAAB0dV.jpeg

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

After finishing Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE I'm finding it very hard to find a game to play before Soul Hackers 2 is released, I enjoyed it that much. I think what I'm trying to say is that as much as I like Trophies the game comes first. I've since bought Bravely default 2, I might play that.

• Like 4

Been playing Xenoblade chronicles 3 a bit, recently just bought Dicey Dungeon and Snakeybus, Snakeybus is fun did the plat on PS4, and Dicey dungeon seems great so far

Waiting for my New Splatoon switch end of the month and cant wait for Splatoon 3 next month

• Like 3

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks awesome, but I'm currently playing XC1 on Switch and Trails of Cold Steel IV on PS5, so I'm not sure when I'll get to XC3. I played the series out of order but I had a long break after 2 and probably should have started the first game earlier... too many games, not enough time. To make things worse I just got my Steam Deck and it's fun to play around with new gadgets.

• Like 4

I just pre-ordered Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey on Switch eShop as there's a 10% discount on it. Release is on August 11th. I guess I'm desperately trying to cling to that summery feeling of freedom after my 5 week long vacation just ended. Sigh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I just pre-ordered Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey on Switch eShop as there's a 10% discount on it. Release is on August 11th. I guess I'm desperately trying to cling to that summery feeling of freedom after my 5 week long vacation just ended. Sigh.

Lol. Looks like a really relaxing game (reminds me a lot of Attack of the Friday Monsters on 3DS).

I honestly might try it out since I've been playing nothing but action games lately. It's a nice touch that they're releasing it this summer since it's a summer-themed game. 

• Like 3

Just finished Xenoblade 2 last night. I loved how they tied the ending to the first game, especially... a certain missing component of the trinity processor. Anyways, loved the cast of characters, story was enjoyable and the combat, while difficult to master at first due to piss poor tutorials, turned out to become one of my favourite combat systems in any game.

I still have Torna to get through, but I don't have it in me to continue to dodge Xenoblade 3 spoilers, so for the sake of my own sanity I will be skipping Torna for now and will lap back to it once I finish up Xenoblade 3. I'm really excited to learn more about Mythra, Jin, Lora and Haze though.

8e5an67.jpg

Gotta say, this looks pretty damn impressive.

Here's my cleared party. Party member and a couple rare blade spoilers.

Spoiler

9CiQRxG.jpg

I'm currently having a hard time deciding if I like it more than the first Xenoblade game. Story wise, probably not. But character wise, gameplay wise, music wise... I think it is better.

The two are so damn close. I love this series to death.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Just finished Xenoblade 2 last night. I loved how they tied the ending to the first game, especially... a certain missing component of the trinity processor. Anyways, loved the cast of characters, story was enjoyable and the combat, while difficult to master at first due to piss poor tutorials, turned out to become one of my favourite combat systems in any game.

I still have Torna to get through, but I don't have it in me to continue to dodge Xenoblade 3 spoilers, so for the sake of my own sanity I will be skipping Torna for now and will lap back to it once I finish up Xenoblade 3. I'm really excited to learn more about Mythra, Jin, Lora and Haze though.

8e5an67.jpg

Gotta say, this looks pretty damn impressive.

Here's my cleared party. Party member and a couple rare blade spoilers.

Hide contents

9CiQRxG.jpg

I'm currently having a hard time deciding if I like it more than the first Xenoblade game. Story wise, probably not. But character wise, gameplay wise, music wise... I think it is better.

The two are so damn close. I love this series to death.

Really interesting team imo, I used Rex, Morag, and Zeke through most of my playthrough. Had 3 defenders with Morag, 2 healers and an attacker with Rex, and 2 attackers and a healer with Zeke. 

It was kind of a bizarre setup, but Morag was just so hard to kill for any boss because the defenders I had blocked like 65-70% of attacks and I was good enough with Rex to heal her if she got low health, which rarely happened.

• Like 2

Btw, anyone watch the Splatoon 3 direct?

Looks pretty slick. Definitely seems like they are pushing the MP hard on this one (as they should). Good to see it'll be supported for at least two years. I was a bit upset with how they ditched Splatoon 2 quickly after they started really getting into development for 3.

If anyone is afraid to try it, I would say go for it if you enjoy playing games with others. It's very good to jump in and play even for casuals. You don't have to be good at the game to make a difference for your team, and you'll never be the reason you lose as long as you are throwing paint around (you can definitely be the reason why you win though xD).

If you are a bit afraid about where to start, I would recommend using the paint roller. It's super straight-forward, extremely helpful in turf war, and doesn't require a lot of maneuvering or inputs to use either. (Some can get pretty intricate to use by having charger up attacks, evade attacks, jump attacks, weapons that excel at certain ranges, different styles, etc.) You just roll, fling, swim, roll and will always score well even if your team sucks. 

Personally, I like using the dual guns, roller, or umbrella the most, but it'll be fun to experiment with the new stuff. I would say after you get the hang of it to try new weapons and see what you like. The game really leans into different, fun and creative playstyles.

• Like 4

Don't know if it's just a VERY vocal minority I'm seeing or not... but I've seen a lot of people claim there's no reason for Splat 3 to exist and that everything could have been added to Splat 2 outside of the new splatfest and the 3 teams or whatever because it's 'basically the same'

I'm not saying I agree with this, or that I care (because I don't as it's not a franchise for me) but it's just what I've been seeing recently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Don't know if it's just a VERY vocal minority I'm seeing or not... but I've seen a lot of people claim there's no reason for Splat 3 to exist and that everything could have been added to Splat 2 outside of the new splatfest and the 3 teams or whatever because it's 'basically the same'

I'm not saying I agree with this, or that I care (because I don't as it's not a franchise for me) but it's just what I've been seeing recently

Where exactly did you hear that?

Just now, SelectiveGamer said:

YouTube videos and Discord servers I'm on

Uh... You shouldn't believe in such videos and what people from Discord say, I seen the positive reception in the comments from the Splatoon 3 Direct on the official Nintendo channel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I mean, you can say this about almost every sequel to any multiplayer-centric game (CoD, GT or any racing game, Halo, etc).

However, let me play devil's advocate for those who think it's the same game... The lobby design is a hell of a lot better to play with friends and looks so much better and can even watch replays of old matches too. There's no way they could have redone it from scratch in the old game to make it as friendly as it is in the new lobby. Sure they could've added new weapons, but the amount of customization added is definitely new, and I don't think it could have been easily added in the old lobby either. The old lobby felt like it came out of the early PS3 era and was archaic. It definitely needed a new game to revamp how MP worked.

Not to mention, the single player kinda sucks in the second game. Felt more like a tutorial on how to play with every weapon and didn't really have much of a challenge to it outside maybe bosses. Hoping SP mode for this one is at least engaging. That alone could make it worth purchasing if they redid it entirely. Something to keep in mind too.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

I started playing Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey yesterday and I love the gorgeous sceneries and the relaxing audio. The activities are quite fun too and there seems to be some kind of an underlying mystery in the story. 

I recorded a short clip of Shin chan meeting Yoshiko, the assistant for the local newspaper. So adorably funny.

• Like 2