Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

13 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Agreed. I don't get why people pay much attention to these "insiders". Sure they are sometimes correct (I don't pay much attention to them but it seems like a lot of the correct predictions are pretty safe guesses), but how many times have they predicted Metroid Prime Trilogy is "about to come out" for Switch? And then when they're called out on it they claim they're still correct that the game is ready, but that Nintendo is holding onto completed games to release later. Well that's possible when it's a few months or a year, sure. But this long? Those rumors about MP Trilogy started when the Switch was first released... and that logic just doesn't hold up.

Also I'm calling it now, a Zelda collection seems unlikely since Skyward Sword was a solo release. The only recent collection of "full fat" remasters was Mario 3D All-Stars, but that was only one game from the Gamecube generation. Anyway, I think Nintendo would be more likely to release one of the GC Zeldas before BotW2 and the other afterwards, to help space out the fans who can't wait for the next game in the series. Or maybe the collection is Four Swords / Four Swords Adventures. 1f61c.png

Anyway, the Direct will have at least one thing of interest for me if past Directs are any indication. It should be fun.

Nice to see someone other than me call out the lies of "gaming journalism". Switch Pro and Switch 2 rumors started in 2018 by Bloomberg Market Watch (dishonest source at best) but picked up momentum after PS5 and XBOX SX were released. And Game Boy classics rumors started in 2020 (Internet said "a week away" around Christmas... guess not). Nintendo Direct likely will have something that interests me but it will be "expect the unexpected" like it usually is.

• Like 1

Creating a blood pentagram on my bathroom floor as we speak to summon and bring forth the following:
A new, major Donkey Kong game; either a follow up to Tropical Freeze, or a new 3D entry (or both, please be both; streamlined remake of 64 also immensely appreciated)

Ports of Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot (other Kirby ports also welcome)

A new mainline Super Mario entry (preferably a sequel to Odyssey, obviously)

Metroid Prime 4 and either a remastered collection of all three previous entries, or just the rumored remake of the first game (other Metroid content also welcome)

Breath of The Wild's sequel, ports of The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, and remakes of the Oracle games and/or The Minish Cap as well

Expect to see absolutely none of the above to get announced whatsoever, of course, and to still be extremely disappointed despite not expecting any of it. lol Although, to be fair, they did say that most of the games they'll be focusing on in this Direct are slated for this year (though they could be referring to the fiscal year rather than the literal calendar year, which - if true - doesn't end until March of 2023, but I digress...), so a lot of my above personal desires for this Direct are likely just me expecting a bit too much - especially all at once - to begin with. 

What I certainly could see getting shown off is new footage for Sunbreak, and maybe Scarlet/Violet as well. However, we very recently got another trailer for the latter set of games, and more news for the former title is coming within the next two days (on the 15th), so both of those might end up being ruled out. I could also see us getting some more Bayonetta 3 and Sparks of Hope footage, although the former will probably get its own Direct sometime next month. The latter game on the other hand just recently had a decently lengthy presentation at the Ubisoft Forward a few days ago, IIRC, so I wouldn't be too surprised or bothered if we get nothing for those two games here either.

Also, to the person that brought up Skyward Sword HD earlier (typed this up on my phone due to making aforementioned pentagram, JK); of course they released that game separately, since it didn't already have a remaster like the other mainline 3D entries in the series (and because it was the 35th anniversary title, much like how TP HD was the 25th's). Doesn't really make anything more or less likely to happen for that very reason, even if I don't expect much of anything at all to come out of this like a collection either. lol I could see them releasing TWW HD and TP HD separately, though, seeing as how increasingly greedy and anti-consumer Nintendo has become as of late.

Edited by Zephrese
Crossed out the stuff that didn't get announced lol (sadface.jpg)
  • Like 3

Splatoon 3's pretty great so far besides the connectivity problems. Haven't played since 1 but the octobrush is just as fun to harass enemy players with as it was back then, although I miss the kraken super. Salmon Run's a cool new mode too, although it bums me out that it doesn't seem like you can use your own loadouts or gear for it.

1 hour ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Nice to see someone other than me call out the lies of "gaming journalism". Switch Pro and Switch 2 rumors started in 2018 by Bloomberg Market Watch (dishonest source at best) but picked up momentum after PS5 and XBOX SX were released.

To be fair it sounds like there were actual plans for a Switch Pro but due to the chip shortage they had to backtrack their plans.

• Like 2

Yeah, so let's see how this "gaming journalism" does...

Legend of Zelda TP/WW

Metroid Prime remake 

New Fire Emblem 

Title for Botw 2

New DK game

ALL of these have been rumored recently so let's see if if any of it hit.

What you should really expect is 1-2 of those, a DLC announcement for XC3, Advanced Wars date, and something so out of left field from the rumor mill that you question if they know shit. xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

ALL of these have been rumored recently so let's see if if any of it hit.

By whom?

Bruh. These comments putting credible sources and random sites doing "predictions" together into one ball of "Lying journalists" are cringe.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

Return to Dream Land Deluxe and BOTW2/Tears of The Kingdom saved that otherwise mid Direct for me personally, although I wish they had shown more for the latter. lol

Still a pretty big Direct considering you also got a new Fire Emblem game and Pikmin 4, among other things (I'm interested in both, but I need to see more first).

Return to Dream Land Deluxe also looks great, but I'm sad that they omitted Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot.

Granted this is a remake and not just a port, but they were going to find a way to try and "justify" charging $60 for one old game either way. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Slava said:

By whom?

Bruh. These comments putting credible sources and random sites doing "predictions" together into one ball of "Lying journalists" are cringe.

Twitter is a rat's nest of insiders and leakers and gaming journalists eat it up as facts or reports it as credible which is kinda bullshit imo. 

47 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

That's one. lmao

Lmao. Too funny! xD

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slava said:

Which journalists?

Kaiju gaming, gaming-news24, and comicbook.com,  but none of them are reliable.  All 3 reported these. 

Since I follow a lot of Nintendo news, these come up in my news feed a lot and they're never right. Lmao.

Edit: guess I shouldn't say never. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

OMG Octopath Traveler II! Shut up and take my money! And I'll gladly take the Fatal Frame remaster/remake too. The new Fitness Boxing title is probably going to our shopping cart (we're still playing Fitness Boxing 1 & 2 daily). Rune Factory 3 Special looks good too. Such a great Direct and I haven't even watched it until the end. ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Kaiju gaming,, gaming-news24, and comicbook.com,  but none of them are reliable.  All 3 reported these. 

Since I follow a lot of Nintendo news, these come up in my news feed a lot and they're never right. Lmao.

I see. Comicbook.com is the only one I know, it's very bad ?. Borderline clickbait material. I wouldn't trust any of these.

I follow Jason Schreier, often see stuff from Jeff Grubb, and some others whose names escape me now. These people have been building their reputation for years and have pretty good track records.

As for leakers, that guy "The Snitch" has a good track record so far. As opposed to randoms on Reddit.

Basically, my point is it's worth spending a little bit of time trying to discern. Sorry for this mini-rant.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

May pick up Factorio depending on how they implement the cross saves.  GOATED game.  Witcher 3 apparently has steam cross save, so it's possible.  Game should be able to run very well until you get robots, but playing without a keyboard does sound extremely tedious.  Devs do mention UPS drops for mega bases in their blog post, but 99% of players won't get to that point.

Pikmin 4 and Fire Emblem are definitely going near the top of the gamefly queue.  Loved Pikmin 1 & 2, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for 3 before launch with all the bangers this holiday.

I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't want BOTW2 if it's not coming out on a new console, but it's still possible it could have a May launch as well.  Delays are nothing new, but I'm pretty sure they're at least somewhat hardware related.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Creating a blood pentagram on my bathroom floor as we speak to summon and bring forth the following:
A new, major Donkey Kong game; either a follow up to Tropical Freeze, or a new 3D entry (or both, please be both; streamlined remake of 64 also immensely appreciated)

Ports of Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot (other Kirby ports also welcome)

A new mainline Super Mario entry (preferably a sequel to Odyssey, obviously)

Metroid Prime 4 and either a remastered collection of all three previous entries, or just the rumored remake of the first game (other Metroid content also welcome)

Breath of The Wild's sequel, ports of The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, and remakes of the Oracle games and/or The Minish Cap as well

Hey, you got one of those! :)

Fire Emblem looks interesting, I guess it's not a fullblown new story but something more like Warriors with a "greatest hits" thing.

Pikmin 4 is cool.

Laughing at the "solid predictions" of the Zelda bundle and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'm sure the "credible insiders" will say Nintendo is holding onto them for a later Direct.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Laughing at the "solid predictions" of the Zelda bundle and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'm sure the "credible insiders" will say Nintendo is holding onto them for a later Direct.

Honestly just annoyed that Nintendo, despite how greedy they are, are also seemingly content with leaving easy money on the table like this and leaving people parched. lmao

The rumors themselves shouldn't be taken seriously at this point, but Nintendo's still incredibly moronic for not actually going through with any of it given the obvious demand.

Oh well, I guess. ?

Edited by Zephrese